Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,529 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Keano

Grand Theft Auto IV: 10th Anniversary

Arrows to Athens

Why Rockstar not release a version for Nintendo Switch? It would be great if you can play GTA4 on Switch whenever you are outside or at home.

Because GTA IV came out in 2008 and the Nintendo Switch didn't exist then. As for now, no ports of GTA IV have even been hinted at so you can't really cry about it not being on the Switch when it's on nothing. :p

Neither did the XB1, yet you can play it on that.

...because that's EMULATION, not a PORT, know the difference.

Please do establish the difference between the two.

BrownieBear

Port is where the game is sold in it's own Xbox One cover instead of playing the Xbox 360 version on the Xbox One

On the other hand, LA Noire did get this type of release.

Sorry if this wasn't what you meant..

Now what I think is that they might release it to the next-gen consoles with a few upgrades to the graphics.

(Not to forget, pc too :) )

Hussein Sonic

No, just no, this game doesn't need a remaster, it looks just fine as it is, the graphics still hold up, and the gameplay does too, is completely unnecesary and therefore a waste of money, ain't happening.

Stop. This game needs a remaster. The gameplay and graphics aren't completely unnecessary and isn't therefore a waste of money, it's happening.

thaddaeus62

What Rockstar could definitely do is to give us the missing GTA 4 vehicles back into GTA 5 and Online. I created a petition on that I want these vehicles back in in general ( link is in my signature) but maybe they had the same idea to bring them back on that special day. Otherwise I would appreciate if you would show your support by signing my campaign.

BrownieBear

No, just no, this game doesn't need a remaster, it looks just fine as it is, the graphics still hold up, and the gameplay does too, is completely unnecesary and therefore a waste of money, ain't happening.

Stop. This game needs a remaster. The gameplay and graphics aren't completely unnecessary and isn't therefore a waste of money, it's happening.

It sure would be nice to see a remaster. It wouldn't be a waste of money at all.

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

What Rockstar could definitely do is to give us the missing GTA 4 vehicles back into GTA 5 and Online. I created a petition on that I want these vehicles back in in general ( link is in my signature) but maybe they had the same idea to bring them back on that special day. Otherwise I would appreciate if you would show your support by signing my campaign.

I made a post like that a few months back in the vehicles wishlist thread.

Uranus (Sports) $80,000

Feroci (Sedans) $40,000

Huntley Sport (never wanted the Huntley S) (SUV's) $200,000

Old Coquette (Sports) $500,000

PMP-600 (Coupes) $100,000

Old Sentinel (Coupes) $92,000

Old Schafter (Sedans/Coupes) $90,000

Is that too much to ask, Rockstar? Anyway, I'll check out your petition and sign, though I'm not even sure if these petitions even do anything in the first place.

The old Schafter looks great in V:

1449210892_4.jpg

14492253646679_2e8b03-2.jpg

2e8b03-3.jpg

Edited by Arrows to Athens

thaddaeus62

Uranus (Sports) $80,000

Feroci (Sedans) $40,000

Is that too much to ask, Rockstar? Anyway, I'll check out your petition and sign, though I'm not even sure if these petitions even do anything in the first place.

The old Schafter looks great in V

At least this petition shows that some members of the GTA player community stand together for something they want. I don't know if Rockstar cares but I hope so.

Jdogg4089
Posted (edited)

Uranus (Sports) $80,000

Feroci (Sedans) $40,000

The old Schafter looks great in V

At least this petition shows that some members of the GTA player community stand together for something they want. I don't know if Rockstar cares but I hope so.They care when it affects them negatively like the negative steam reviews on GTA 5 mods ban. Then they unbanned GTA 5 mods Edited by Jdogg4089

CoolBean
Posted (edited)

we're running out of time for an anniversary release :panic:

Edited by CoolBean

Wolver_321

we're running out of time for an anniversary release :panic:

L.A. Noire was announced 2 months before its release, so surely now we're out of time... At this point for "celebrating" the 10th anniversary they could announce something related to GTA IV on 29th April (which is a Sunday). Or they can release a sort of PS3 Classic Version on PS4, but I don't think they will do something like that. Some months ago I read about GTA Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories registered from ESRB for PS4 (PS2 Classics), so maybe these 2 games have a "priority"... But seeing the way Rockstar is going into, I won't be surprised if they celebrate it with a special event in GTA Online.

CoolBean

Well 1st May is the new races which is the closest to the anniversary date. They don't want to tear us away from GTAO and with RDR2 + RDRO coming, as of this point it doesn't look good.......

StormerBoy

^ Sadly I think this is true. Gta iv will reduce their profits on sharkcards.

Wolver_321

Yeah, probably the best thing for them is to bring LC to GTA Online or don't do anything at all... I hope at least in a decent PC patch

Hussein Sonic
Posted (edited)

Grand Theft Auto IV Remaster?

It is not needed. Not at all!

This game is already beautiful.

gc5xOoZ.png

i3rMpxW.png

FSewxcO.png

Nope. It's needed at all. There might be a remastered version of GTA IV. Don't take this as an insult

Edited by Hussein Sonic

Hussein Sonic

Who cares about a remaster ? Only the people who don't appreciate GTA 4 as it is. If it is not broken, don't fix it; GTA 4 doesn't need anything.

Nope. GTA IV needs a remaster.

cp1dell

Speaking of remastering GTA IV, how come nobody ever made an ENB preset that just adds the enhancements, but keeps the default weather system/time cycles?

Automatically ENB disables the brown/piss filter, and disables desaturation - similar to what my CleanIV timecyc did.

From there without changing the default atmoshpehere and weather colors just enabled:

AO

God rays

Skylighting

Enhanced shadows

Enhanced reflections

Enhanced shading

PostFX

Etc

All the fancy rendering effects that came to later games, but keeping the default timecyc weather colors and atmosphere. That would be a nice ENB. Nice peek at a "remaster."

Don't get me wrong, CryENB and Icenhancer are nice, but I'm surprised nobody ever did this. Keep IV's default look, but give it an update instead of a makeover.

It's a shame CP never made an ENB preset for VisualIV - it would have probably been similar to what I'm describing.

BrownieBear
Posted (edited)

Grand Theft Auto IV Remaster?

It is not needed. Not at all!

This game is already beautiful.

https://i.imgur.com/gc5xOoZ.png

https://i.imgur.com/i3rMpxW.png

https://i.imgur.com/FSewxcO.png

Nope. It's needed at all. There might be a remastered version of GTA IV. Don't take this as an insult

GTA IV isn't a game

No, GTA IV is a game.Don't quote a few words of a whole sentence. Remove it please Edited by BrownieBear

TheFoxRiverFugitive

If I had to guess, we aren't going to be getting a remaster of the game for the 10th anniversary. R* has literally spent the past five years doing nothing but milking the f*ck out of GTA Online and are only just now putting out a brand new game this fall. They certainly don't feel like the developers they once were IMO. Between Take-Two Interactive announcing that all of their future games would include micro-transactions and The Benz leaving the company, I don't have a whole lot of hope left as a R* fan.

Hussein Sonic
Posted (edited)

Nope. We'll be getting a remaster of the game for the 10th anniversary.

Edited by Hussein Sonic

R4gN0r0K

What makes you think that?

Wolver_321

And also: are you a Rockstar Insider? Because you CAN'T be sure of a GTA IV Remastered if you don't work at Rockstar! And regarding the screenshots you've posted (that, if I remember correctly, are from trailers of the consoles versions) you're forgiving a big big thing: GTA IV is a game launched in 2008! It is 10 years now and those screenshots are just amazing for a game of 2008. But I agree with you, I would like to see a remastered version of GTA IV (not for mobile) but, day after day, I'm losing my hope. GTA Online is changing completely my opinion regarding Rockstar Games and it would be a shame if they won't release anything for GTA IV, they had 5 years of time! I understand that they have done RDR2, L.A. Noire and some mobile ports for older titles in the latest years, but for a Remaster like GTA IV you can pass the work to another studio like Bluepoint Games. Sadly GTA IV wouldn't make so much money, kids want to see military stuff in GTA Online, so they can ask their mommy 80£/$/€ for a Megalodon Shark card. Please Benz, give us a revolutionary game, like you did with every GTA!

Hussein Sonic
Posted (edited)

No, I'm not a R* insider. GTA IV could be getting a remaster.

Edited by Hussein Sonic

BrownieBear

Could be. Could be a surprise. I think they will but it's just my thought. It was a great title and R* can do a great job releasing a remaster "I THINK".

As long as they don't ruin anything :)

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

No, I'm not a R* insider. GTA IV could be getting a remaster.

First you said we will be getting it, but now you're saying we COULD be getting it.

Which one is it?

Edited by Arrows to Athens

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

Put your shells in your shotguns and lets get ready to hit liberty city once again this April!😂

But seriously we L.A Noire was announced 2 months before launch so this isnt looking too well. People could of said LA Noire would of got in way of shark card sales but it still came out

Theres plenty of time for another lazy half assed remaster before red dead 2 because I cant see the graphics been much different

BrownieBear

LA Noire wasn't 10 years

Wolver_321

I think Rockstar for a title like GTA IV, in case of a remastered version, would hype a bit the players, so before its possible release I'm expecting a Newswire post and/or a trailer. I don't remember precisely what they've done with all their mobile ports, but I know they've made a trailer for each GTA (apart LCS) when they came out for mobile. For the moment we only know that on TLaD and TBoGT's webstises the GFWL logo changed in a generic PC logo and the SteamDB page of GTA IV and GTA EFLC got updated like a month ago

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

I know but they still took their time to release it again without bothering about shark card sales was my point

Wolver_321

I know but they still took their time to release it again without bothering about shark card sales was my point

Oh yeah, defintely, and that's one of the better things that Rockstar has done recently

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

Of all games rockstar made L.A Noire was the least on everyones remaster wish list but was still a great surprise, enjoyed earning all the achievements again.

I think a GTA IV remaster could earn rockstar quite a quick buck for Nintendo Switch players who stayed exclusive to Nintendo and never played gta 4 on consoles before