Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,792 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Keano

Grand Theft Auto IV: 10th Anniversary

B Dawg

It wasn't a full on RDR port, just a map and some extra features on the side, nowhere near being a full game or anything. And besides, since R* are showing no sings of wanting to port RDR1 themselves, they don't lose anything.

Brian_O_Malley

It wasn't a full on RDR port, just a map and some extra features on the side, nowhere near being a full game or anything.

It kinda makes you question there decision even more, I mean people have ported their maps before and R* never gave a sh*te

RetroMystic

It wasn't a full on RDR port, just a map and some extra features on the side, nowhere near being a full game or anything. And besides, since R* are showing no sings of wanting to port RDR1 themselves, they don't lose anything.

I still think that with the mentality of "To make money we need to protect our IP at all costs" from corporations (which is reasonable, they own the IP so they dictate what happens to it) even porting the map is potentially giving users a free experience and that means they're losing out on profit.

Algonquin Assassin

Liberty City in GTA online would be amazing, if it ever happens.

I dont want to see Liberty Citys tranquility ruined by douchebags flying around rocket bikes and whatnot. Most of the GTAO fanbase are probably the same people who bitched and moaned about Liberty City being too grey and they couldnt go out into the countryside upon GTA IVs release.

It would be a travesty for the genuine GTA IV fans who have supported the game since the start if the best R* could come up with honouring the games 10th anniversary is for the city to be a map addition for GTAOverrated.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Hmmm nice bike

Liberty City in GTA online would be amazing, if it ever happens.

I dont want to see Liberty Citys tranquility ruined by douchebags flying around rocket bikes and whatnot. Most of the GTAO fanbase are probably the same people who bitched and moaned about Liberty City being too grey and they couldnt go out into the countryside upon GTA IVs release.

It would be a travesty for the genuine GTA IV fans who have supported the game since the start if the best R* could come up with honouring the games 10th anniversary is for the city to be a map addition for GTAOverrated.

Don't worry, I'm sure all GTA Online will see is just an "I <3 LC" t-shirt and Roman's Taxi (with chrome, turbo, and flight upgrades)

MostWantedMVP

I hope Rockstar does a re-release/ remaster for the 10th Anniversary. It would be nice.

I remember the day I bought GTA IV.

Jumping out of cars for the first time was like a mini game and a lot of fun!

Playing Multiplayer with friends on xbox live, we performed "jackass stunts" and uploaded them to our youtube channels.

And of course the swingset glitch is one of the funnest times I've ever had in a game!

Many happy memories with GTA IV !

Edited by MostWantedMVP

InfiniteTias

Lost opportunity if they don't remaster IV. Switch owners would probably buy the sh*t out of that. And it would probably sell good on the other consoles too.
IV is my favorite in the series and i've been craving to go back to Liberty City but I can't bother with the unoptimized PC version.

Journey_95

Nothing, Rockstar failed to acknowledge the 20th anniversary of the GTA series, so the only thing the game will get are some songs removed due to license expiring.

It's most likely they'll probably put a lousy Liberty City T-shirt in GTA Online instead lol.

Wouldn't even surprise me at this point, Rockstar has gone downhill hard. I'm just glad they made masterpieces like GTA IV (and RDR) before that.

Keano

Lost opportunity if they don't remaster IV. Switch owners would probably buy the sh*t out of that. And it would probably sell good on the other consoles too.

IV is my favorite in the series and i've been craving to go back to Liberty City but I can't bother with the unoptimized PC version.

I am still convinced that the whole point of L.A Noire being remastered was to test out the potential success of Rockstar titles on the switch. It's a great game and a popular game, but not as popular as Max Payne/GTA/Red Dead so they weren't losing out big time if it failed. I was working in game shop at the time of the L.A. Noire's re-release and it done quite well across the board.

JOSEPH X

Who was that politician who tried to get it banned? They shoul roll him out again with next-gen opinions

Algonquin Assassin

Who was that politician who tried to get it banned? They shoul roll him out again with next-gen opinions

Jack Thompson? He was a lawyer I believe, but he got disbarred a few years back.

JOSEPH X

Jack Thompson? He was a lawyer I believe, but he got disbarred a few years back.

That's the one. Thanks man gonna look into him

Keano

That's the one. Thanks man gonna look into him

Bully was the last game he was legally allowed to try and ban I believe. Judge gave the game a go and didn't see reason to ban it. He was banned from attempting to ban any Rockstar titles again...he still made noise about GTA IV, GTA V and I believe Red Dead Redemption but he couldn't legally do anything.

Indi

f*cking mad. I was skiving off school on the day this released and went down to Woolworth's.

Both organisations are gone. Time flies.

Edited by Indi

Ivan1997GTA

I hope Rockstar does a re-release/ remaster for the 10th Anniversary. It would be nice.

I remember the day I bought GTA IV.

Jumping out of cars for the first time was like a mini game and a lot of fun!

Playing Multiplayer with friends on xbox live, we performed "jackass stunts" and uploaded them to our youtube channels.

And of course the swingset glitch is one of the funnest times I've ever had in a game!

Many happy memories with GTA IV !

Yeah. It would be cool if the updated re-release on current gen consoles includes all radio stations from both IV and EFLC. I think it probably should be released for the PS4 and Xbox One. And I know that this is extremely unlikely to happen, but it would be cool if GTA IV got a Nintendo Switch port. Manhunt 2 and Bully both got ports for the Wii, and L.A. Noire recently also got a port for the Switch alongside the PS4 and Xbox One ports, so why not GTA?

Sobchak

I just finished GTA IV and EFLC for god knows whatever time again. Really great games that don't show their age that badly other than some mechanics and graphics. I don't think that sh*t really should matter. They deserve to be re-released either this year or next. Mobile hardware has caught up. True GTA fans will wait for it because they genuinely want it. All Rockstar games are timeless that is what makes them great. Looking forward to a Q4 2018 or early 2019 release!

RetroMystic

I just finished GTA IV and EFLC for god knows whatever time again. Really great games that don't show their age that badly other than some mechanics and graphics. I don't think that sh*t really should matter. They deserve to be re-released either this year or next. Mobile hardware has caught up. True GTA fans will wait for it because they genuinely want it. All Rockstar games are timeless that is what makes them great. Looking forward to a Q4 2018 or early 2019 release!

I really honest to god think GTA IV on mobile is a horrible idea. Especially with the movement mechanics. 3D era could work because they had the luxury of being (kind of) arcady but GTA IV? Nah.

Edited by RetroMystic

Sobchak

That's a good point. I think they could make it work. Also would show the level of dedication and appreciation Rockstar has for their fans. There are genuine worries I would agree with, but who knows they may surprise us. At least GTA IV is backwards compatible now so I get to enjoy the game ten years later.

Devdevi45

I bet were getting a announcement this month according to my theory

InfiniteTias

What's your theory?

Devdevi45

What's your theory?

2 months prior announcement just like L.A. Noire

StormerBoy

My question is; with the announcement of RDR2 now coming in October, what possible release dates would this give us for GTA IV?

Logically the end of the year is now out of the question. So it would have to come March - August?

InfiniteTias

My question is; with the announcement of RDR2 now coming in October, what possible release dates would this give us for GTA IV?

Logically the end of the year is now out of the question. So it would have to come March - August?

End of April because that's when the original came out.

StormerBoy

I would like that, but other 10th anniversary titles weren't released on the same month?

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I'd say now that RDR2 has been pushed back to the back quarter of the year, the Spring time quarter is ripe for a remaster of IV. Remember how they released the remastered Bully a month or two before IV came out? Just pointing that out to people who say R* won't release two games in a single year. If they do decide to do a 10th anniversary release, I hope it's on consoles. I don't even know that mobile tech could handle a game like IV just yet with it's detailed physics engine, Euphoria, and car damage system.

Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive

Remapped

Just finished La noire on PS4 , would like the same treatment for a GTA IV would be nice to play it on PS4.

Some have sed and now my self, we will get an online t-shirt for the 10th ani hope we a wrong.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

Just finished La noire on PS4 , would like the same treatment for a GTA IV would be nice to play it on PS4.

Some have sed and now my self, we will get an online t-shirt for the 10th ani hope we a wrong.

A t-shirt for your GTA Online avatar would be a pretty sh*tty way of celebrating the 10th anniversary of one of the greatest games of all-time. I wouldn't put it past R* to pull some bullsh*t like that though. They've changed, and not in a good way.

rcfieldz

I just bought a GTA IV pc version on ebay a few days ago ($9.99). Ya I'm a late to the party kinda guy I guess. Put what parts I have together and made this:

pc: HP ProLiant ML110 G6 server ( I picked up for $2 )

w/ Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Quad Core Processor

8 GB (4x2GB) PC3 10600E DDR3

It had 2 500GB and 2 160GB Hard Drives ( I only am using 1 160GB dedicated for GTA IV)

Asus 8400GS 1GB Graphics Card

Vista Business SP1 32bit

I had the graphics card and Windows Vista ( discs were brand new dumpster find). Everything collected over the past year and a half.

I had finished GTA lll many years ago (bought the discs at a yard sale for a dollar). Very surprised at the resolution I have and it automatically picked High.

Runs smooth.

I do have GTA V but will have to build another pc to suit. Having a blast catching up with 3D controls.

Also using a Vizio 32" tv for monitor.

Edited by rcfieldz

Mastah

A t-shirt for your GTA Online avatar would be a pretty sh*tty way of celebrating the 10th anniversary of one of the greatest games of all-time. I wouldn't put it past R* to pull some bullsh*t like that though. They've changed, and not in a good way.

This is how they celebrated San Andreas 10th anniversary:

-10 player made jobs in GTA Online

-San Andreas merchandise give away

-4 t-shirts for GTA Online and few discounts

-sale on mobile version

They didn't even at all acknowledge new version (port from mobile) for X360, released EXACTLY 10 years after original game. Don't expect anything more than that for GTA IV in 2 months.

BrownieBear

Dunno if this has been posted here before and I think it has but here I go.

GTA IV isn't a game I see being ported to mobile, but neither do I really think R* would remaster the game although it would be VERY awesome.

I just think either shirts are added to GTA Online, and just the whole list of Mastah.

But it was the San Andreas 10th anniversary so maybe, just maybe R* comes at us with a surprise! Must be a huge surprise too..

Or they just release consoles GTA 4 themed and maybe the license plate with '10 year anniversary' will be made available for a limited time only.

I don't know what they've got up their sleeve for GTA 4, just hope it's something worth celebrating as it was quite a new type of game when it got released.