2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Keano

Grand Theft Auto IV: 10th Anniversary

Tycek

If they are going to release a remastered IV & EFLC, I hope they fix that god damn broken driving physics too. Cars are slipping like you are driving on ice all the time.

Great idea man. These were broken AF. They should replaced them with GTA V Mario Kart physics, or they may not even bother with the remaster. :sarcasm:

Mr_Rager

Hopefully the remaster ditches cars entirely and imports the skateboard from Bully into the game as the only method of transportation.

Tycek

That's another wonderful idea. Liberty City was impossible to drive anyway due to traffic congestion. We should use only subway or taxi as passengers apart from the skateboard you mentioned. Finally Roman's friend perk will get some importance.

Edited by Tycek

R4gN0r0K

guys dont be ridiculous...

remove all vehicles and make the subway driveable

Mr_Rager

Nah, you're looking at it bass ackwards. The only method of transportation should be a carried subway car airlifted by Brucie.

Sleepwalking

If they are going to release a remastered IV & EFLC, I hope they fix that god damn broken driving physics too. Cars are slipping like you are driving on ice all the time.

Great idea man. These were broken AF. They should replaced them with GTA V Mario Kart physics, or they may not even bother with the remaster. :sarcasm:

I prefer V's driving physics.

Both V and IV doesn't represent realistic driving, but at least you can have some fun in V instead of endless frustration packed with IV.

George Costanza

Nah, R* should let you drive vehicles only at the moment you send them their driving license. Same goes for helis - pilot license and boats too.

Mr_Rager

I prefer V's driving physics.

Both V and IV doesn't represent realistic driving, but at least you can have some fun in V instead of endless frustration packed with IV.

Have you tried using the brakes

George Costanza

Tbh what i want from remaster would be just gloves, both clothes selection from consoles and PC, remade car interiours, maybe the episodic weapons in stock IV and FPV (to keep it fresh, it helped in V)

The game is even for todays stadards very detailed. PC texture quality seems to be fine. Remaking textures would just kill the feel.
HuU0WYB.jpg

Neon_Dreaming

What I wish for.

I'd like to see all vehicles and weapons from the dlc available in the base game.

Ability to switch to the dlc's immediately. Similar to the character switching in V.

Expanded Liberty City map, flesh out Alderney more and have Liberty State.

Car customization.

What will probably happen.

Double Gtao xp and cash, buy Roman's taxi for only $1000'000. Options to upgrade taxi with rocket launcher, machine guns, and wings so it can fly. Live the shark card life. 💰💰💰💰💰

George Costanza

Ability to switch to the dlc's immediately. Similar to the character switching in V.

This simply cannot work. Because of story line and also because DLCs uses a bit different map files for some places. And right now if you have Complete edition on consoles or DLCs bought via GFWL on PC, you can switch very fast to dlcs just by loading game in menu.

That's way too unrealistic

Mr_Rager

I kinda like how you can't just quick switch between Johnny/Niko/Luis, you shouldn't run into each other in a place as large as Liberty City.

Neon_Dreaming

That's way too unrealisticIt was more of a wishlist rather than actually expecting any of it to happen.

Regarding the character switching, I had forgotten about the complete edition, I'm going to look for a copy, switching between discs for the main game and dlc is a pain.

Son of Zeus

Tbh what i want from remaster would be just gloves, both clothes selection from consoles and PC, remade car interiours, maybe the episodic weapons in stock IV and FPV (to keep it fresh, it helped in V)

The game is even for todays stadards very detailed. PC texture quality seems to be fine. Remaking textures would just kill the feel.

HuU0WYB.jpg

Even for today's standards? Not really, the trees and some other things look pretty bad.

l-800-KILLZ

It would be nice if the updated the physics. Idk who thinks the physics are fine but they're not. That game handles like absolute sh*t if you're on console. PC gamers can do w/e they want to the game. Must be nice.

Tycek

Me. I think physics are fine.

Dacelo

It would be nice if the updated the physics. Idk who thinks the physics are fine but they're not. That game handles like absolute sh*t if you're on console. PC gamers can do w/e they want to the game. Must be nice.

The game handles fine "on console" (you mean with a controller), because I've played with a controller (DS4) on my PC and it handles great. Even better than with K/BM. You just have to actually put some effort into learning how to drive each car.

George Costanza

It handles fine. You simply cannot take turns in high speed (like in real life)

Hmmm nice bike

I actually liked GTA IV's vehicle handling. It actually took some skill to drive well, and different cars would have a different feel to them when you were controlling them.

I think a lot of the people who complained about not being able to take a sharp turn at a high speed have just never driven a car before (and I hope they don't go into driving with that sort of mentality, either). Just because the driving was more realistic than previous GTAs doesn't make it not fun.

George Costanza

Maybe they could implement some option to change the control feel like in Mafia II, where you could choose between arcade driving style and realistic driving style.

That would make happy everyone.

Edited by George Costanza

Hmmm nice bike

It would, but I doubt Rockstar would ever implement something like that unless they've been working on a remaster for a while now and put a lot of money towards it. If we see any kind of new release for GTA IV, it wouldn't surprise me if it's just a direct port to current consoles with free t shirt in GTA Online.

George Costanza

If it wont flicker like crazy like on PC and wont run like ass like everywhere i would be more than happy.

Devdevi45

Idc what anyone says but something is coming in April either a remaster or map expansion those our 2 options on what to expect hopefully

R4gN0r0K

you forgot the 3rd option: GTA Online t-shirts

Legomanarthur

They messed up the Liberty is... ...land t-shirt so I don't have any high hope for that.

Darealbandicoot

They messed up the Liberty is... ...land t-shirt so I don't have any high hope for that.Extra effort.... gta online sweaters 😮

Brian_O_Malley

My money is on a GTAO update, They banned the Liberty city mod for a reason.

R4gN0r0K

they banned the RDR mod too, so that's just Take2/R* protecting their stuff

Sleepwalking

Liberty City in GTA online would be amazing, if it ever happens.

Brian_O_Malley

they banned the RDR mod too, so that's just Take2/R* protecting their stuff

I'm sure they banned it because if it ever happened T2/R* would lose out on hundreds of million's of dollars

Why let fans do it for free when they can do it themselves and make million's

Edited by Brian_O_Malley