Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    2. News

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

    1. GTA Online

      1. After Hours
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Crews

      1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA Next

    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

    2. Site Suggestions

Keano

Grand Theft Auto IV: 10th Anniversary

Recommended Posts

SmokesWithCigs

there wouldn't be a remaster for gta v after only 5 years it would have to be a 10 year aniversery.

 

 

Gta v anniversary is the same month as rdr2 release, so I think it will he another anniversary missed.

 

I think Gta iv remaster will happen after gta online updates stop and before the release of gta vi. So I'd expect gta iv remaster in 2020?

GTA V 5th anniversary will be on 17th September 2018, so one month before RDR2... Normally they only celebrate it on GTA Online with a special event week on the first days of October (GTA Online servers were ufficially opened on 1st October 2013). Regarding GTA IV Remastered, I think we'll see something the next year, maybe after the 29th October 2019 which is the day of the 10th Anniversary of TBoGT, the last DLC for GTA IV.

 

that makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HisNameIsMilad

G T A   I V    P S 4 !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EVOLUT7ON

lol, R* did nothing about 10th Anniversary for GTA4 and we expect something with V on 5th Anniversary?

They can do only drip-feed content this summer for GTAOnline with the upcoming update and nothing more...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MARKUS.
On 1/9/2018 at 12:48 AM, Algonquin Assassin said:

As much as I love GTA IV in its original form if they could treat it with care like the LA Noire remaster I wouldn't have any problems forking over my money for a PS4 and XB1 version.

 

Weapon wheel? Yay or Hell no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arrows to Athens
5 hours ago, EVOLUT7ON said:

lol, R* did nothing about 10th Anniversary for GTA4 and we expect something with V on 5th Anniversary?

They can do only drip-feed content this summer for GTAOnline with the upcoming update and nothing more...

They did celebrate IV's tenth anniversary...

 

by removing basically every good song in the game on digital copies because of expired licensing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HisNameIsMilad
5 hours ago, MARKUS. said:

 

Weapon wheel? Yay or Hell no?

IMO i think the way you switch weapons in gta 4 feels better and quicker by holding L1 and pressing either left ,right,up,or down 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bigbigbigdaballs21

do we know what songs got added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skau
On 6/4/2018 at 12:10 PM, MARKUS. said:

 

Weapon wheel? Yay or Hell no?

IF a re-release ever happens I really hope they don't touch the gameplay in any way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, skau said:

IF a re-release ever happens I really hope they don't touch the gameplay in any way.

Imagine if it follows MW Remastered's route...

Edited by Arrows to Athens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cristeo
On 6/6/2018 at 6:25 PM, bigbigbigdaballs21 said:

do we know what songs got added

I think they added a busta ryhmes song

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D9fred95
On 6/7/2018 at 8:16 PM, Arrows to Athens said:

Imagine if it follows MW Remastered's route...

Which would include forcing you to buy the DLC a second time at an even higher price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bykovsky

Does anyone have still a hope for remastering GTA4 & Episodes in 2019 for PS4?

 

Episodes' release date was in 2009. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CartmanKusanagi
Posted (edited)

I think the closest we'll get to a remaster at this point is a 4K update to the 360 version for Xbox One X, since RDR got a similar update a few months ago. IIRC, Microsoft is responsible for adding/updating backwards compatibility, so Rockstar wouldn't have to do anything aside from giving them the go-ahead.

Edited by CartmanKusanagi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DirtCheap

GTA III anniversary: The game is now available on your smartphone!

 

GTA VC anniversary: The game is now available on your smartphone!

 

GTA SA anniversary: The game is now available on your smartphone and you can now get some SA-themed GTA:O goodies!

 

GTA LCS anniversary: The game is now available on your smartphone!

 

GTA VCS anniversary: ...

 

GTA IV anniversary: We're now removing your favourite radio songs cause f*ck you why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tycek
Posted (edited)

Vice City and San Andreas also got some songs removed and Radio Del Mundo was heavily modified in LCS.

Edited by Tycek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GiveMeLiberty78

It's kind of fitting then that I decided (purely coincidentally) to reinstall GTA 4 after uninstalling it back in 2015. Installation was a total nightmare but worth the time, effort and lost hair I reckon, haha! Just to share my observations in the spirit of the 10-year anniversary (and for anyone considering reinstalling/playing it but not totally sure yet):

 

  • Sure GTA 5 was much easier to install but I had corrupt discs on 2x separate purchases and Rockstar never responded (I think that many people defaulted to a digital download, which for me was still plagued with validations freezing my PC forcing a restart to resume).
  • GTA 4's installation was not an installation really - it was a human stress test.
  • Seriously though, I find that compared to GTA 5, GTA 4 does these things very well or even better:
    • Cars 'feel' like cars - they lurch, move around their suspensions and make crunch noises when they hit kerbs - and they actually hit kerbs with a thud, whereas in GTA 5 cars seem to glide or even caress them.
    • Maybe the GTA 4 cars have a more 'raw' feel to fit the theme/times; some cars are rather mid-to-low-end and they behave that way.
    • GTA 4 vehicles have some problems for sure but they seem to have more realistic brake action and require you to slow at least a little to take corners without wrapping it around a lamp post!
    • Even the sounds when cars hit other cars seem more real - I hear actual thuds comparable to what would actually happen, the glass breaking seems a bit piercing (I use headphones) and explosions seem more real with a kind of booming noise.
    • Regarding explosions, why is there no ear-ringing sound in GTA 5? Replaying GTA 4 after GTA 5 and after such a long time makes me realize some of the smaller details present in GTA 4.
    • The 'dink' noise of bullets against cars seems about equally convincing in GTA 4 and 5.

I also posted this as a kind of celebration of GTA 4's positive qualities. GTA 4's installation is like jerking with a cheese grater, its graphical issues prove that patience is a virtue, and the base graphics are like living inside Tupperware! But, the story seemed really convincing to me and felt a bit more serious than GTA 5's story. For those of you noticing my profile, yes I am a dinosaur! My point is that I did join way back in 2004 so while I like to think that I am being objective, I also realize that maybe some of my fondness for GTA4 is to do with nostalgia.

Anyway, I really like this topic and I've found it very helpful dipping into the support topics before completely tearing out all of my hair. Kudos everybody!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HisNameIsMilad
On 7/16/2018 at 11:26 PM, Bykovsky said:

Does anyone have still a hope for remastering GTA4 & Episodes in 2019 for PS4?

 

Episodes' release date was in 2009. 

YAS!

10 hours ago, manana500 said:

It's kind of fitting then that I decided (purely coincidentally) to reinstall GTA 4 after uninstalling it back in 2015. Installation was a total nightmare but worth the time, effort and lost hair I reckon, haha! Just to share my observations in the spirit of the 10-year anniversary (and for anyone considering reinstalling/playing it but not totally sure yet):

 

  • Sure GTA 5 was much easier to install but I had corrupt discs on 2x separate purchases and Rockstar never responded (I think that many people defaulted to a digital download, which for me was still plagued with validations freezing my PC forcing a restart to resume).
  • GTA 4's installation was not an installation really - it was a human stress test.
  • Seriously though, I find that compared to GTA 5, GTA 4 does these things very well or even better:
    • Cars 'feel' like cars - they lurch, move around their suspensions and make crunch noises when they hit kerbs - and they actually hit kerbs with a thud, whereas in GTA 5 cars seem to glide or even caress them.
    • Maybe the GTA 4 cars have a more 'raw' feel to fit the theme/times; some cars are rather mid-to-low-end and they behave that way.
    • GTA 4 vehicles have some problems for sure but they seem to have more realistic brake action and require you to slow at least a little to take corners without wrapping it around a lamp post!
    • Even the sounds when cars hit other cars seem more real - I hear actual thuds comparable to what would actually happen, the glass breaking seems a bit piercing (I use headphones) and explosions seem more real with a kind of booming noise.
    • Regarding explosions, why is there no ear-ringing sound in GTA 5? Replaying GTA 4 after GTA 5 and after such a long time makes me realize some of the smaller details present in GTA 4.
    • The 'dink' noise of bullets against cars seems about equally convincing in GTA 4 and 5.

I also posted this as a kind of celebration of GTA 4's positive qualities. GTA 4's installation is like jerking with a cheese grater, its graphical issues prove that patience is a virtue, and the base graphics are like living inside Tupperware! But, the story seemed really convincing to me and felt a bit more serious than GTA 5's story. For those of you noticing my profile, yes I am a dinosaur! My point is that I did join way back in 2004 so while I like to think that I am being objective, I also realize that maybe some of my fondness for GTA4 is to do with nostalgia.

Anyway, I really like this topic and I've found it very helpful dipping into the support topics before completely tearing out all of my hair. Kudos everybody!

That was a wonderful post , it was a pleasure to read !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Antonio"Toni"Hernandez

Well, a remastered version would be great and I only hope this time R* would pull optimization when porting it to the PC, and I exactly agree with other posters on realistic features.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GiveMeLiberty78
On 7/18/2018 at 7:49 AM, HisNameIsMilad said:

YAS!

That was a wonderful post , it was a pleasure to read !

Thank you HisNameIsMilad (is your name Milad by the way?), I enjoyed writing it. I'm currently playing with ENB (natural lighting version and the SweetFX preset that comes with it) which makes everything look much better/more realistic vs stock GTAIV (using v1.0.4.0).

But I cannot use Lord Neophyte's HD city textures - I get the invisible world and missing textures glitch, although ENB actually makes the default city textures look very good in my opinion. I also use DKT70's road textures for anyone who's interested and everything looks much better, but looking across from Hove Beach to Algonquin causes some slight fps drop.

I'm enjoying testing everything before I start a new game. Many small details just seem more real and more convincing than in GTA5, but perhaps that's just the so-called honeymoon period that can come with any new game (or reinstall of an old game I should say - this feels more like a resurrection!). I include sounds too, such as the ear-ringing noise after a close proximity explosion or the initial impact of an RPG against an unsuspecting car (or ten!). The explosion smoke puffs seem really good too now that I think of them.

I figured I'd share my install, modding and eventual gaming experience for anyone considering returning to Liberty City. It didn't run so well back in 2010 - perhaps this time things will be different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HisNameIsMilad
4 hours ago, manana500 said:

Thank you HisNameIsMilad (is your name Milad by the way?), I enjoyed writing it. I'm currently playing with ENB (natural lighting version and the SweetFX preset that comes with it) which makes everything look much better/more realistic vs stock GTAIV (using v1.0.4.0).

But I cannot use Lord Neophyte's HD city textures - I get the invisible world and missing textures glitch, although ENB actually makes the default city textures look very good in my opinion. I also use DKT70's road textures for anyone who's interested and everything looks much better, but looking across from Hove Beach to Algonquin causes some slight fps drop.

I'm enjoying testing everything before I start a new game. Many small details just seem more real and more convincing than in GTA5, but perhaps that's just the so-called honeymoon period that can come with any new game (or reinstall of an old game I should say - this feels more like a resurrection!). I include sounds too, such as the ear-ringing noise after a close proximity explosion or the initial impact of an RPG against an unsuspecting car (or ten!). The explosion smoke puffs seem really good too now that I think of them.

I figured I'd share my install, modding and eventual gaming experience for anyone considering returning to Liberty City. It didn't run so well back in 2010 - perhaps this time things will be different.

Quick question and I want to apologize in advance if it a silly one but is there a chance to mod graphics etc for the PS3 Version? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rotary
1 hour ago, HisNameIsMilad said:

Quick question and I want to apologize in advance if it a silly one but is there a chance to mod graphics etc for the PS3 Version? 

 You can't do major stuff like on PC, but one time I was in online freeroam with modders and the game apeared to be clearer and less blurry.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GiveMeLiberty78
Posted (edited)

Do you own the PC version then HisNameIsMilad? I just assumed you ran the PC version based on your comments - sorry if all this talk of modding has been a bit of a cocktease!

Edited by manana500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HisNameIsMilad
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, manana500 said:

Do you own the PC version then HisNameIsMilad? I just assumed you ran the PC version based on your comments - sorry if all this talk of modding has been a bit of a cocktease!

Ps3 mate

 

so are those iCenhancer only for PC’s?

Edited by HisNameIsMilad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EarlTheJarl
1 hour ago, HisNameIsMilad said:

Ps3 mate

 

so are those iCenhancer only for PC’s?

Yeah, it's only for PCs. ENBs cannot be used on the consoles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HisNameIsMilad
4 hours ago, EarlTheJarl said:

Yeah, it's only for PCs. ENBs cannot be used on the consoles.

So there’s no way to mod/enchanted graphics ?:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.Bach
Posted (edited)

Mods don't exist on consoles, dude. You could count the aberration that is Bethesda's CC but that's a closed (and very limited) ecosystem managed only by them.

Edited by .Bach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hakuma
Posted (edited)

The physics were absolutely awesome at the time. Unfortunately, I don't remember much from the actual missions.

Edited by Hakuma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GiveMeLiberty78
Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2018 at 6:05 AM, HisNameIsMilad said:

So there’s no way to mod/enchanted graphics ?:(

Sorry, but there is no way that I am aware of. PC modders have put in huge amounts of time and effort to modify games but have a lot of practice/experience, so it has become a little easier and quicker over time - but consoles have other formats and layers of protection so it's difficult in other ways. Also, consoles are inherently limited in terms of performance so they couldn't benefit anywhere near as much from mods as PCs.

 

Maybe you'll buy or assemble your own PC one day? I built my second PC having basically taught myself how it all works, just needs method and some patience. Oh and a budget, sure, but some PCs (especially ones you build yourself) can be quite reasonably priced.

For anyone interested, I run GTAIV v1.0.4.0 on Windows 8.1 64-bit on a 1TB SSD drive. I use ENB (not iCEnhancer) with this simple/natural preset.

Back to GTAIV itself, here is something else I noticed whilst standing suspiciously on a dark street corner in Hove Beach: unlike GTA5, there are sometimes rear-seat passengers. Correct me if I'm wrong. A nice touch I thought.

 

Edited by manana500
That's Windows 8.1 not 81 - I'm not from 40th Century Galgamac!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.