2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Keano

Grand Theft Auto IV: 10th Anniversary

Liberty93

They might just add it to PSnow. I hope it doesn't end up on PSnow. PSnow is terrible

Ah ... It's not wrong. I forgot the PS Now.
A fantastic idea, but too expensive.
And then, I hate the dematerialized.
I hope that the announcement of the 10 years of GTA IV will not be that ...: /

Zello
Posted (edited)

Also you rent it on PSnow I don't want to f*cking rent it. I want to own it and own as in not having to pay a monthly fee just to play it.

Edited by Zello

Bykovsky

This thread is still active.

It's better to move on and forget about it now.

Rockstar *might* do something after red dead 3's release but I don't see anything happening before that.

I will no surprised if Sony announce a 10th anniversary of GTA IV at E3.

The game is available on Xbox One.

​Sony and Rockstar have a partnership. Make sence.

They might just add it to PSnow. I hope it doesn't end up on PSnow. PSnow is terrible

PS Now is avaible in 4 countires only...

Liberty93

Also you rent it on PSnow I don't want to f*cking rent it. I want to own it and own as in not having to pay a monthly fee just to play it.

Yes of course. Me too. PS Now is like Netflix. On video game.

The best thing is to have the box !

Seriously ? No more ?

Canada, United States, United Kingdom, France...?

StormerBoy

I'm not kidding myself that they will bother to release a remaster. But the fact that it didn't even get a mention or any merchandise released for it, makes it at least a little more likely that something is in the works.

Mastah

Just like not mentioning Vice City Stories 10th anniversary at all meant something was happening? Or GTA franchise 20th anniversary?

X-Vector

Seriously ? No more ?

USA, UK, The Netherlands, Belgium.

Liberty93

Seriously ? No more ?

USA, UK, The Netherlands, Belgium.

In France too ;)

Wolver_321

There're more countries in which PSNow is available: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/services/playstation-now/what-is-playstation-now-and-what-do-i-need-to-get-started-/

If I remember correctly I was able to access to PSNow even if I'm in Italy because I downloaded it from the UK site and I used a VPN for masking my IP.

Anyway: Slow internet connection (do you remember ADSL? :)) + VPN + Connection to UK servers + High ping = Terrible Experience!

Even if PSNow will be available in my country in the future and if I'll have a proper fiber connection, I wouldn't be so happy if GTA IV will be only available on this platform, personally I don't like so much this "cloud gaming" idea.

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Idk if R* will do anything about the 10th anniversary of the game, but I really hope to see the following:

- EFLC's map updates in IV.

- EFLC's updated characters and peds.

- EFLC's exclusive radio stations, along with the additional songs that have been added to EFLC in IV's default radio stations.

- Replacing Johnny's bike with his proper Hexer.

- Updated Luis' accent in the cutscenes of Museum Piece and Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend.

- EFLC's additional weapons. (very unlikely happening)

All of those should have been done a LONG time ago, since EFLC's release.

Edited by Kane49

zanesix

Idk if R* will do anything about the 10th anniversary of the game, but I really hope to see the following:

- EFLC's ped and character model updates.

- EFLC's exclusive radio stations, along with the additional songs that have been added to EFLC in IV's default radio stations.

Well it looks like your version of IV remastered mostly already exists.

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

- EFLC's ped and character model updates.

Well it looks like your version of IV remastered mostly already exists.

Almost, maybe.

With map changes, I meant to add the EFLC map changes in streets, related to objects and such, but not interiors (unless they'll properly add TBoGT's nightclubs, would be good too). That mod has TLaD's and TBoGT's interiors too, like The Lost's clubhouse, nightclubs, etc, and they have no peds inside them, which wouldn't look right. And for some reason the DLC launch thing doesn't work with my game.

I picked 'mahnut9' file from the map changes mod to get TBoGT's tower update (still no receptionist in the building's interiors, but it's not a big problem). I'll try the peds mod. (I already have most of them, still no updated cutscene model of Luis and Tony, and no gag in the ingame model of Gracie, but I'll check if that mod already included those changes. I tried to copy DLC textures and make some of them work with default models, like Tony's face, and Luis' face, hands and jeans. They work fine, but still don't look the same as they do in TBoGT)

Thanks for your help ;)

EDIT: Not all of those ped updates were done properly. Looking in what I got on my game, it seems to be the closest possible way to EFLC's.

Edited by Kane49

zanesix

Almost, maybe.

With map changes, I meant to add the EFLC map changes in streets, related to objects and such

Out of curiosity what kind of changes, like props? It's been a while since I've played the episodes, but the only things I remember being changed other than interiors are certain billboards like in Star Junction.

cp1dell

Why did the author change EFLC's Gracie to IV's? All of EFLC's peds/models are basically the updated/definitive versions of IV's.

And I'm confused as to why ten years later, why is it that we can't edit cutscene models for IV?

Hussein Sonic

Rockstar *might* do something after red dead 3's release but I don't see anything happening before that.

False, PS Now is available in the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, etc., not only 4 countries.

NeonDolphin
Posted (edited)

https://www.facebook.com/rockstargames/photos/a.10150126067600097.319350.51752540096/10156343972465097/?type=3&theater

So tell me again that C* don't announce stuff on sundays cause "people want to rest".

Proves that C* doesn't care for slightest about old games and any possible reminder of a better game and MP than Online hurts them.

Edited by NeonDolphin

Phaston

Call me stupid but i still hope for a remaster . Maybe they're gonna annnounce it late but i think the L.A. Noire remaster is still a proof that we may get a remaster or at least a re-release gor modern consoles .

Wolver_321

Call me stupid but i still hope for a remaster . Maybe they're gonna annnounce it late but i think the L.A. Noire remaster is still a proof that we may get a remaster or at least a re-release gor modern consoles .

Me too, but I really doubt we'll see something reagrding GTA IV this year. For me it's more likely the next year, in 2019 also TBoGT and TLaD will be 10 years old, so why not a "GTA IV Complete Edition Remastered"?

Mastah
Posted (edited)

Hope springs eternal. Despite GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas and Liberty City Stories receiving 10th anniversary treatment, it wasn't the case for Vice City Stories. Similar story with SP DLC for GTA V. Mentioned by Rockstar in 2014 and that was it.

Don't expect anything. If they haven't even mentioned GTA IV 10th anniversary on their communication channels, I somehow doubt they are secretly working on a remaster.

Edited by Mastah

YoungMarston

I've just finished replaying the game and I think it has really aged well and it still is a great experience nowadays. My favorite GTA by far. It just has "something" to it, you know, like a kind of magic that gives it a certain feel.

alexradu98

I do not know why in this game they have not made a tenth anniversary, as they have done in all of them, I expected another title. It is clear that gta 4 right now can not throw a smarthpone, maybe some, but counted. I expected a remastering but I see that they have not announced anything. I know that the episodes of liberty city came out in 2009. I do not know if they announced something, but at least they failed me because it is a great game with very good physics, better than the gta 5. I hope they get something out. Although it is later.

I do not know why in this game they have not made a tenth anniversary, as they have done in all of them, I expected another title. It is clear that gta 4 right now can not throw a smarthpone, maybe some, but counted. I expected a remastering but I see that they have not announced anything. I know that the episodes of liberty city came out in 2009. I do not know if they announced something, but at least they failed me because it is a great game with very good physics, better than the gta 5. I hope they get something out. Although it is later.

Boozey St James

Can you elaborate on this partnership, please?

StormerBoy

Sorry, I can't read that black text.

DirtCheap

It's been nearly a month people.

I'm sad to say this but the only thing we can do now is let it go.

I am severely cautious about how R* is treating the GTA franchise now after they didn't even mention the 10th anniversary of it's 3rd best selling GTA game.

I have no words for R* now.

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

It's been nearly a month people.

I'm sad to say this but the only thing we can do now is let it go.

I am severely cautious about how R* is treating the GTA franchise now after they didn't even mention the 10th anniversary of it's 3rd best selling GTA game.

I have no words for R* now.

There's a very little chance, maybe by the end of 2018.

Still, I don't have any thought of seeing a mobile port ever. From what we have seen from VCS's 10th anniversary, it's very unlikely to have a remastered port for GTA IV.

Edited by Kane49

Phaston

I actually thought about this thread , and i think that if R* will ever release a GTA IV : 10th Anniversary Edition they will release GTA IV , TLAD and TBOGT because then they can sell them all at full price and earn 3 times more than what they'd earn selling a "Complete Edition" that includes all the 3 games . What do y'all think about this ?

alexradu98

Sorry, I can't read that black text.

Nawnp

Looking at it, R*, like most modern game developers, likes to keep game releases in the fall, so it would make sense for a release of fall 2018, but RDR 2 is coming out then, a new game and a game rerelease could hurt each others sales if back to back, so I doubt that. Why not late 2017 then, after all Gta SA 10 year anniversary came out early for a late 2013 release. Oh wait they didnt, nor did they acknowledge Gtas 20 year anniversary last year. Maybe because they didnt know of RDR2 release date at the time, they will throw in the updated Gta 4 at some random point, or more likely R* decided screw the old gtas 2 years ago when the last anniversary celebrated was LCS, but the paired game VCS has not been acknowledged to date.

At this point we should be asking if they will have a Gta 5 Online update associated with its anniversary (5 year) this year instead. It is after all more likely.

StormerBoy
Posted (edited)

Gta v anniversary is the same month as rdr2 release, so I think it will he another anniversary missed.

I think Gta iv remaster will happen after gta online updates stop and before the release of gta vi. So I'd expect gta iv remaster in 2020?

Edited by StormerBoy

Wolver_321

Gta v anniversary is the same month as rdr2 release, so I think it will he another anniversary missed.

I think Gta iv remaster will happen after gta online updates stop and before the release of gta vi. So I'd expect gta iv remaster in 2020?

GTA V 5th anniversary will be on 17th September 2018, so one month before RDR2... Normally they only celebrate it on GTA Online with a special event week on the first days of October (GTA Online servers were ufficially opened on 1st October 2013). Regarding GTA IV Remastered, I think we'll see something the next year, maybe after the 29th October 2019 which is the day of the 10th Anniversary of TBoGT, the last DLC for GTA IV.