3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Keano

Grand Theft Auto IV: 10th Anniversary

Keano
Posted (edited)

While it's still a few months off, April 29th 2018 will mark 10 years since the release of GTA IV. Is anyone here hoping they will do something to mark the anniversary?

I'm hoping for a remaster of the game but not sure if that will happen, especially with Rockstar hopefully nearing the release of Red Dead Redemption 2 at that point. I think they will definitely do some stuff in GTA Online with themed clothing, cars and maybe they will add Liberty City to the GTA Online map, but who knows. Crossing my fingers for a remaster though.

Edited by GTAKid667

Mr_Rager

I'm sorry but the graphics are part of the aesthetics. It's peak late 2000s comfy.

Zello
Posted (edited)

The only thing I demand if we ever get a remaster or 10th anniversary whatever of IV.

16iulns.jpg

TAXI DRIVER MISSIONS WHENEVER YOU ENTER ANY YELLOW CAR CMON R* IF YOU DONT PUT THIS IN I WILL FLIP! I WANT TO BE A TAXI DRIVER IN LIBERTY CITY AND AFTER MY PASSENGERS LEAVE THE CAR SNIFF THE NICE GOOD TAXI SMELL.

Edited by Zello

thalilmythos

No, just no, this game doesn't need a remaster, it looks just fine as it is, the graphics still hold up, and the gameplay does too, is completely unnecesary and therefore a waste of money, ain't happening.

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

In 4 months we will know

Im with you #RemasterTheMaster

Jack Lupino

I want remstered version of the game with gta 5 graphics re-released for pc with less lag.

In b4 someone says ridiculous thing like "GTA4ForAndroid"

DOUGL4S1

Nothing, Rockstar failed to acknowledge the 20th anniversary of the GTA series, so the only thing the game will get are some songs removed due to license expiring.

TheOneLibertonian

Nothing, Rockstar failed to acknowledge the 20th anniversary of the GTA series, so the only thing the game will get are some songs removed due to license expiring.

It's most likely they'll probably put a lousy Liberty City T-shirt in GTA Online instead lol.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

I want it re-released on PC, with a good optimisation so I can play without stuttering.

MARKUS.

It's most likely they'll probably put a lousy Liberty City T-shirt in GTA Online instead lol.

This.

Sadly, but This.

DlZZEE

I suppose there's no chance of mobile remaster? I guess only very expensive phones could handle it and it'd weight like several gigs which is very inconvenient for mobile users.

CountdownIIExtinction

Remaster is unnecessary. My pc can barely run the game at max settings as it is. And like I previously have stated remaster would ruin the feel of the game. I'd hate to play some cartoonish Saints Rowy version of GTAIV.

It's enough if they make a PS4 and Xbox One releases like they did SA,

But Rockstar Games is not what it used to be. Now it's all about micro transactions. I heard they're even gonna build RDR2 around micro transactions, thus making it something like old west gta online. So you already know that RDR2 is probably gonna suck and will not hold up to previous Red Dead games.

If they do give GTAIV updated graphics like LA Noire recently, I hope the changes will be very minor. I love GTAIV's original look.

Ronald Reagan
Posted (edited)

Grand Theft Auto IV Remaster?

It is not needed. Not at all!

This game is already beautiful.

gc5xOoZ.png

i3rMpxW.png

FSewxcO.png

Edited by Ronald Reagan

CountdownIIExtinction
Posted (edited)

Nobody's gonna force me to play remastered GTAIV anyway. I will still continue to play older versions of the game.

Edited by Gunnalingus

HigorSM

I hope they make a remastered version with some bugs fixed, better optimization, and some graphical improvements, at least some higher resolution textures would not ruin the game, just don't make it look like GTA V.

ROCKSTAR MANIC

I really hope they do an enhanced version. If there are way older games that got this treatment by xbox why can't they do this for both current consoles.

Hmmm nice bike
Posted (edited)

Another thread brought this up, I wonder if this screenshot that was accidentally leaked by an artist who worked for Rockstar is meant to be the enhanced version of IV?

5UoehXg.jpg

I had assumed that it was probably intended as an add-on to V or Online that ended up getting scrapped, but the thought of it being for a remaster of IV for the 10th anniversary never crossed my mind until now.

Here's the same spot in IV (albeit at a slightly different camera angle)

gta-v-leak-image-1-3.png

Edited by Hmmm nice bike

Algonquin Assassin

I hope they make a remastered version with some bugs fixed, better optimization, and some graphical improvements, at least some higher resolution textures would not ruin the game, just don't make it look like GTA V.

I doubt they'd do that. GTA V looks good, but its artistic style wouldn't suit GTA IV.

TheOneLibertonian

I think that a possibility of a GTA IV remaster is higher now due to Rockstar releasing a enhanced version of LA Noire for current gen consoles. LA Noire was the last thing I would expect to be re released due to the game not developed by an in-house Rockstar team. It's kinda likely we'll get one for GTA IV considering it is one of the most well recieved GTA's. However, I do not think it fits within their time frame due to prepping up Red Dead Redemption 2 and marketing the sh*t out of it.

While I do think GTA IV in it's vanilla version is amazing in it's own right, but even minor improvements can make the game a much better experience. Imagine IV with the EFLC additions such as more detail to Liberty City, the additional vehicles and weapons, and the various side activities. I always wanted to see Roman and Niko play Air Hockey lol. If Rockstar does remaster IV, I think that it will be faithful to what the game was back in 2008. Rockstar ain't what they used to be, but they aren't stupid to ruin their own artistic vision for that particular game by making it more like GTA V. I might be an opportunistic bugger, but even though Rockstar might not release IV to the current gen consoles, I'm still fine by how the game is right now.

Sonny F

I thought latest patch 1.0.8.0 fixed the FPS problem for the PC version, did it?

Ronald Reagan
Posted (edited)

I have made some Grand Theft Auto IV 10th Anniversary Screenshots.

xnk9NvO.jpg

3AhXyL9.jpg

3NaKzLi.png

EvS2TXb.png

zu9zIL5.png

YA0Sk5X.png

Edited by Ronald Reagan

Tycek

Very nice pictures, Mr. President.

RetroMystic

I thought latest patch 1.0.8.0 fixed the FPS problem for the PC version, did it?

No, I have an extremely modern high-end system and I still have to turn down some of the settings to get a consistent frame rate.

anthony
Posted (edited)

Who cares about a remaster ? Only the people who don't appreciate GTA 4 as it is. If it is not broken, don't fix it; GTA 4 doesn't need anything.

Edited by anthony

Efreet

The game was a revolution in creating living, breathing cities in the computer games medium.

tnz1992

I believe they already did that with LCS release.

Ash_735

Who cares about a remaster ? Only the people who don't appreciate GTA 4 as it is. If it is not broken, don't fix it; GTA 4 doesn't need anything.

By all means though I would prefer GTA IV running on a more modern RAGE build like Max Payne 3/GTAV do, just so it can make use of hardware much more efficiently. Doesn't even have to change the look of things just providing the engine improvements with proper AA, etc, would already make GTA IV look a lot better and feel a lot better.

anthony

By all means though I would prefer GTA IV running on a more modern RAGE build like Max Payne 3/GTAV do, just so it can make use of hardware much more efficiently. Doesn't even have to change the look of things just providing the engine improvements with proper AA, etc, would already make GTA IV look a lot better and feel a lot better.

Yeah I completely agree.

Darealbandicoot

Well maybe R* enabling the fingerless gloves due to fan demand like how the beat cop outfit was added to the outfits in LA Noires re release.

Algonquin Assassin

As much as I love GTA IV in its original form if they could treat it with care like the LA Noire remaster I wouldn't have any problems forking over my money for a PS4 and XB1 version. It's the Magnum Opus of the GTA series after all.:)