Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,696 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Heidi McCourt

Here's why Loot boxes cannot be in RDR2

Heidi McCourt

Loot boxes cant work in an open world game. It would defeat the purpose of clothing stores, guns shops, etc. for example Rockstar games are well recognized for there immersion and most known for being masters of creating open worlds, so whats the point of putting all these locations on the map for you to discover and buy items and immerse yourself in the games map when u can just get a loot box and ignore all that. Second a R* employee (Ron Sarwar) stated only government bonds will be in online which are like shark cards, which i don’t mind i just wont buy them. Also im sure after what EA did i know R* wont make the same dumb mistake. You guys seem to forget that almost every Rockstar game created is known today as being flawless and most of there games back then can still be compared to games that have came this year, A lot of you guys underestimate R*.

PapasHota

There was some AAA open world games recently where they implemented loot boxes on SP, thats the new trend i wouldnt be surprised if R* put those trash on RDR2 sp too

Heidi McCourt
Posted (edited)

There was some AAA open world games recently where they implemented loot boxes on SP, thats the new trend i wouldnt be surprised if R* put those trash on RDR2 sp too

Just because they are AAA open world games doesn't mean they will follow exactly what the other AAA games did, they are known for creating new ideas, I'm sure you can see. Also the majority of those games were either trash from the start or RPG games which are common in that genre. Another thing is that the implementations of loot boxes are getting banned in many states so it would be very stupid for R* to limit there sales and put loot boxes in RDR2 anyway. Plus like I said A lead graphic designer in R* stated there will ONLY be government bonds in RDR online, and you really think it would be implemented in SP at first i though you were talking about online only... Im sorry to burst your bubble but RDR2 has heists whats the point of buying loot boxes if you do heists throughout the story which give you money in return, it would defeat the whole purpose of even doing the story which I'm sure R* wants you to play the whole story as they put lots of time and effort into the storyline and also we won't get online until 2 weeks prior to its release because they want us to complete the story. Did you even read what i said in the first place.

Edited by Heidi McCourt

DOUGL4S1
Posted (edited)

I'm not sure Rockstar would be dumb enough to experiment with Loot Boxes after the Star Wars:BF2 fiasco. But I'm 100% sure Shark Cards, or something similar, will be in Red Dead:Online. All we need to see is if Rockstar will leave the Singleplayer alone.

Edited by DOUGL4S1

DexMacLeod

I highly doubt we'll be getting lootboxes in RDR2 but when and where was it confirmed that we won't be and that the new shark cards will be called government bonds? I missed that one somehow.

I'm not a huge fan of Loot Boxes but I thought Assassin's Creed implemented them pretty organically in Origins and people seem to enjoy them. I think people forget that Battle Front's problem wasn't the mere existence of Loot Boxes, it's that they did Loot Boxes in a very scummy way.

Heidi McCourt
Posted (edited)

I highly doubt we'll be getting lootboxes in RDR2 but when and where was it confirmed that we won't be and that the new shark cards will be called government bonds? I missed that one somehow.

I'm not a huge fan of Loot Boxes but I thought Assassin's Creed implemented them pretty organically in Origins and people seem to enjoy them. I think people forget that Battle Front's problem wasn't the mere existence of Loot Boxes, it's that they did Loot Boxes in a very scummy way.

I believe its in this article with IGN http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/23/gta-online-from-near-failure-to-grand-success if not its in this video on LegacyKillaHd's channel https://youtu.be/oEmhcXGPMwg

I'm not sure Rockstar would be dumb enough to experiment with Loot Boxes after the Star Wars:BF2 fiasco. But I'm 100% sure Shark Cards, or something similar, will be in Red Dead:Online. All we need to see is if Rockstar will leave the Singleplayer alone.

No worries go to this link a lead R* graphic designer confirmed that Single player will be the main focus of this game, which in my opinion makes sense because Online can't be primarily supported due to when the game take place making it hard for R* too push items when there wasn't many during that timeframe. http://www.ign.com/a...o-grand-success

Edited by Heidi McCourt

DOUGL4S1
Posted (edited)

No worries go to this link a lead R* graphic designer confirmed that Single player will be the main focus of this game, which in my opinion makes sense because Online can't be primarily supported due to when the game take place making it hard for R* too push items when there wasn't many during that timeframe. http://www.ign.com/a...o-grand-success

I can't go to a website and buy a flying DeLorean with guns, or go to a gun shop and get a shoulder-mounted Railgun, so it won't surprise me if Rockstar adds a Ferrari into RDR2 Edited by DOUGL4S1

Heidi McCourt

I can't go to a website and buy a flying DeLorean with guns, or go to a gun shop and get a shoulder-mounted Railgun, so it won't surprise me if Rockstar adds a Ferrari into RDR2

It will surprise me lol they said RDR2 would be historically accurate I'm sure they will make the majority of money from RDR2 SP DLC instead of online.

TheOriginalGunslinger

Loot Boxes = a Red Dead Redemption II version of... Treasure Chests?

I'm kidding.

DGSimo

I don't think the issue or reserve for RDR2 has been the thought of loot boxes but rather the monetization being more aggressive than what they were in GTAV with shark cards.

Take Two's CEO already feels and publicly stated they weren't taking advantage of MTX enough and I guess the worry is that these microtransactions could fester up in single player as well as online.

Heidi McCourt

I don't think the issue or reserve for RDR2 has been the thought of loot boxes but rather the monetization being more aggressive than what they were in GTAV with shark cards.

Take Two's CEO already feels and publicly stated they weren't taking advantage of MTX enough and I guess the worry is that these microtransactions could fester up in single player as well as online.

I completely understand but adding into SP is kind of foolish think about it we already know we will be robbing throughout this game, and thats how we obtain money allowing us to buy items with that money, so I don't know what micro transactions would even be doing in SP.

DexMacLeod

I'm not sure robbing places will make us all that rich, to be honest. For one, the gang seems pretty large which means a lot of people to split the money between and Dutch (from what little we've seen) looks like he takes a pretty big cut for himself.

Also, if Dutch's gang is the steal from the rich and give to the poor type there's another big chunk of the robbery income gone.

And it's not like microtransactions in single player RDR2 would have to work the same way as they do in GTA Online. Rockstar could develop a meaningful character progression system for RDR2 and the microtransactions are used as "time savers" for busy and/or impatient people to "level up" quicker.

Not saying any of this will happen just that it COULD work if Rockstar/Take 2 wanted it to. I think they really, really want to get more life out of these big beautiful open worlds they create and they'll do that through online and leave single player the way it's always been.

Holland_Hicks

I have faith that none of that bullsh*t will be in the single-player, but you can best believe the online mode is going to be infested with micro-transactions.

I think R* will just stick to shark cards (bonds) though.

mombo2811

I have faith that none of that bullsh*t will be in the single-player, but you can best believe the online mode is going to be infested with micro-transactions.

I wish they wouldnt put micro transactions in the game at all!!! Im already paying €60 for the game...

Heidi McCourt

I wish they wouldnt put micro transactions in the game at all!!! Im already paying €60 for the game...

I wish this wasn't in RDR2 either but Its something we R* lovers have to deal with now the constant "shark card" formula. I honestly don't mind how they monetized it in GTA online its just a bit to much of a grind. I won't be worrying about online anyways as my main focus with RDR2 is its massive SP experience.