2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Tornado Rex

Random Technology Questions

AiraCobra

For some reason whenever I try and transfer large files to my 1TB External HDD it disconnects at random times and won't reconnect until I physically unplug it and plug it back in and it does it every time without fail but my 4TB External HDD has no problems with it just my 1TB.

I know it's not my computer because it does the same thing with my desktop whenever I try and use it on there.

They're both Seagate if that matters at all

Crokey

Could either be a dirty connection for the USB, or more likely an issue with the power supply and/or it's cables.  Without knowing which exact types, can you try swapping the Power cables (and possibly the USB cables) around and see if that makes a difference.  If it's not those things have you ran a check disk (chkdsk) on it recently in case there is a fault on the drive?

Dryspace
10 hours ago, AiraCobra said:

For some reason whenever I try and transfer large files to my 1TB External HDD it disconnects at random times and won't reconnect until I physically unplug it and plug it back in and it does it every time without fail...

You say that it never disconnects randomly in general--only when transferring large files?

Is there a range of time or bytes transferred after which it disconnects?

Dealux

Is RAM usage like this normal for someone with 32 gigs? It seems a lot of it is reserved by Windows.

sbu3S80.png

Dryspace

@Dealux

If you want to analyze RAM, open up the 'Memory' tab in 'Resource Monitor' (You should be able to open it directly by entering the name in the Start Menu.

I believe the 'Available' is what you are interested in, which is all memory that is not appropriated by Windows or currently used by an application, and can be accessed if necessary.

uRIYeYm.png

Edited by Dryspace

AiraCobra
On 10/18/2018 at 5:33 PM, Crokey said:

Could either be a dirty connection for the USB, or more likely an issue with the power supply and/or it's cables.  Without knowing which exact types, can you try swapping the Power cables (and possibly the USB cables) around and see if that makes a difference.  If it's not those things have you ran a check disk (chkdsk) on it recently in case there is a fault on the drive?

You were correct to suggest it may have been the cable as it turned out it was, I used the cord I usually use for my 4TB for the 1TB and it works just fine so it looks like I'll be buying a new cord for the 1TB this week.

I didn't think it was the cable because when just plugged in it was fine it only started having issues when I attempted to do things with it so I thought it might've been the device itself so I didn't think to try the other cable.

Edited by AiraCobra

AiraCobra

Can't connect to my Router Interface http://192.168.0.1/ and it's saying it's being blocked by AV & Firewall. No issue accessing it via phone just my computer.

I've disabled both of them but it's still being blocked somewhere but I don't know where, Any ideas?

I am using Windows Defender AV & Firewall

AiraCobra
On 10/30/2018 at 3:39 PM, AiraCobra said:

Can't connect to my Router Interface http://192.168.0.1/ and it's saying it's being blocked by AV & Firewall. No issue accessing it via phone just my computer.

I've disabled both of them but it's still being blocked somewhere but I don't know where, Any ideas?

I am using Windows Defender AV & Firewall

Anybody?

_______

Also have another issue regarding my monitor

he stand that's holding my monitor has become loose and it's tilting the screen as far forward as possible, I've tried tightening the screws but within a day or so it starts sagging again, Right now i'm using tape to hold it upright but do you have any ideas on how to fix it?

GEMugWO.jpg

As of right now this is my fix

a Piece of heavy duty Gorilla tape that's anchored underneath the desk and taped at the very top to hold it in place 

ezBHLzj.jpg

OBwmZyr.gif

Edited by AiraCobra

sivispacem

Phanteks cases- talk to me. Anyone got experience of them?

I'm currently quite tempted by the Phanteks Evolv X in black- I've been intending on chopping up my C70 to fit a custom loop but the Phanteks seems to meet all of my critera and more.

5e09b1ef-d54d-48ee-884c-f928253ddd1d.jpg

Blaze

I had a fiddle around with my friends tempered version of the Enthoo pro whilst helping build his Ryzen rig and despite it being on the lower end of Phantek's case offerings (well when compared to the Evolv X, Enthoo Primo etc) I was relatively impressed by it; solid build quality and finish, clean looking aesthetics owing to PSU shroud, hidden drives, magnetized dust filters etc. Also has good cable routing options and what looked to be decent support for AIO's/radiators plus it was just generally easy/spacious to build in - all in all it's definitely a great case for that price point. If the lower end gear is anything to go off then the higher tier cases could be an option plus it saves chopping up a perfectly good case.

HaRdSTyLe_83
8 hours ago, sivispacem said:

Phanteks cases- talk to me. Anyone got experience of them?

I'm currently quite tempted by the Phanteks Evolv X in black-

i would go with the Flow edition, no leds but at least it got better airflow

CA07DPT_179539_800x800.jpg

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

sivispacem
2 hours ago, HaRdSTyLe_83 said:

i would go with the Flow edition, no leds but at least it got better airflow

CA07DPT_179539_800x800.jpg

Not totally sold on the aesthetic of the Flow. Would probably make a pretty cool Deus Ex themed build with all those random hexagons though.

The X seems to have sorted the worst of the airflow issues with the original Evolv.

AiraCobra

Maybe I'm just weird but I've never really cared or was bothered with what my casing looked like, As long as everything fit and it wasn't causing me any problems I was happy as a clam.

-------

Do any of youse use one of those swivel Monitor stands you know the ones that you can screw into your desk or the wall?

61z2-sZoXrL._SL1000_.jpg

Which one are you using or which one would you recomeend?

Provide Link is possible please

Dryspace

I don't know, but the one you posted looks fairly well-designed. You can even clamp it to a desk with a thickness of 0 inches. Just make sure to hold the product arms tight to prevent arms strike out and get hurt.

I feel asleep!!