Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,610 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Tornado Rex

Random Technology Questions

Blaze

EVERYTHING is on my HARD DRIVE. I haven't installed anything on my SSD, but there's a bunch of files on there weirdly enough. Maybe I'll just cut everything and paste it into my Hard Drive...

If I remember right your rig has a 256GB SSD and Mafia III takes up 50gb or so, chuck on a normal Windows installation on that (20-30GB?) and there's clearly a discrepancy between what you're saying and what's actually happening.

Andreaz1

EVERYTHING is on my HARD DRIVE. I haven't installed anything on my SSD, but there's a bunch of files on there weirdly enough.

How can you even say something like this just hours after posting

I only install very demanding games on my SSD. The only thing I've installed on my SSD is Mafia III, yet somehow I've run out of space

followed by a pictures that shows your SSD is LITERALLY more than 99.8% full? There's obviously tons of crap on there; crap that you have got to have put on there because no Windows installation takes up 230GB of space.

Maybe I'll just cut everything and paste it into my Hard Drive...

Sure if you've got the family's last 50 years of photo albums or your whole Blu-Ray collection on there but you should know that's not how it works when it comes to programs at all. They need to be properly uninstalled and reinstalled if you want them to actually work. Edited by Andreaz1

Blaze

it's a "claude doesn't listen to gtaf advice because he believes his own knowledge is right" episode

ClaudeIzABadAzz

Sure if you've got the family's last 50 years of photo albums or your whole Blu-Ray collection on there but you should know that's not how it works when it comes to programs at all. They need to be properly uninstalled and reinstalled if you want them to actually work.

Yes I know this, I meant things like pictures, videos, music etc etc.

Turns out I had a couple games installed on there by accident, but I moved them to the HD. The other thing that was taking up space (about 115GB) was recordings, now I have 149GB free :lol:.

Speaking about recordings, my Nvidia Shadowplay has been acting up lately. Sometimes it'll record just fine, and other times it won't record at all. Sometimes when it does decide to record, it will stop recording before I want it to, and screenshots aren't saving properly for some reason. I have no clue of what to do :panic::panic::panic: I have watched videos and read forums, but nothing I've seen has helped me at all. Maybe I should do a clean install of Nvidia Experience?

@Blaze haha I like that!

Edited by ClaudeIzABadAzz

HaRdSTyLe_83

Speaking about recordings, my Nvidia Shadowplay has been acting up lately. Sometimes it'll record just fine, and other times it won't record at all. Sometimes when it does decide to record, it will stop recording before I want it to, and screenshots aren't saving properly for some reason. I have no clue of what to do :panic::panic::panic: I have watched videos and read forums, but nothing I've seen has helped me at all. Maybe I should do a clean install of Nvidia Experience?

@Blaze haha I like that!

Check the Shadowplay options, there is manual and automatic recording

geforce-experience-1-8-shadowplay-record

also make sure you have enough space on your HDD/SSD were the videos are being stored

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

AiraCobra

Anybody know of a program that will basically Rip photos from a CD-R?

I have a CD-R with thousands of pictures of my daughters from over the years and I want to transfer the pictures onto a memory stick that is currently holding newer pictures but it doesn't let me copy the pictures over or anything.

The only option I have is to open each picture "edit it" and then "make a copy" but I have close to 3,000 pictures so it would take me a year of doing that to get em all transfered

Am Shaegar

You will need a burning software that can copy (or emulate on a virtual drive) CD. Alcohol 120% is a favorite of mine, but I have never used it to copy pictures from a CD-R. I suppose you should give it a try, and if it works then hurrayyy.. :^:

My Question:

Is it okay to clear data / cache of any apps, including "download manager" under "show system apps" category, on a weekly basis? I'm talking about Android Oreo mobile system.

K^2

Is it okay to clear data / cache of any apps, including "download manager" under "show system apps" category, on a weekly basis? I'm talking about Android Oreo mobile system.

There should be no harm, but you might end up using quite a bit more data this way. If you mostly use your phone while on WiFi connection, that shouldn't matter, but if you mostly use cell data, it could be a substantial increase on your usage, plus waiting time while app gets everything it needs.

Some apps might also malfunction. They shouldn't, but developers aren't always as diligent as they should be.

AiraCobra

You will need a burning software that can copy (or emulate on a virtual drive) CD. Alcohol 120% is a favorite of mine, but I have never used it to copy pictures from a CD-R. I suppose you should give it a try, and if it works then hurrayyy.. :^:

Will that software also RIP CD's?

I wanna RIP my Garth Brooks Double Live CD's to make MP3 so I can add them to my Spotify Playlist

Am Shaegar

Will that software also RIP CD's?

Of course, you should check out the site for all the details. There are some legal restrictions due to certain CD/DVD protection scheme which Alcohol cannot back up. So, you'll have to see if there's any strong protection system, and only then the software can perform the backing up process.

AiraCobra

I know with Windows Media Player you use to be able to RIP CD's but when I tried to use it earlier to RIP them it just stayed on Status: Pending and stayed like that for 2 hours so I figured either it's restricted now or the program is glitched out

make total destroy

I'm not sure where else I should post this, but I wanna start recording music at home and I'm not sure where to even start because I'm clueless about this sort of thing. I guess my question is

wat do

El Dildo

I would say that first, it depends on what kind of music you want to make, like all digital or some analog or both? are you recording voice / lyrics or just instrumental? are you playing a synthesizer or a banjo?

make total destroy

Just gonna make some sh*tty, noisy punk. I wanna record guitar and vocals. I might just use a drum machine or whatever just so it sounds horrible.

Blaze

just set up a mic and use audacity to record on that lo fi sh*t.

failing that and wanting actual inputs i presume you'd need an audio interface for the guitar (im not a musician so i dunno if youd go directly from guitar to pc or guitar > amp > pc) and mic then just record with whatever software.

Vigilante88

FL Studio is a good place to start. You can do a lot of cool sh*t in there. There's also plenty of tutorials on YouTube that can help you out with it.

you can probably find a free cracked version online if you don't wanna pay or don't have the extra cash for it

Tokasmoka

I am not much of a techie and unfortunately my PC is really slow. I googled 'best program to clean up a slow pc' to get an idea but do you guys have any recommendations? I don't mind paying for a program if it works and can be found at a Bestbuy or something. The PC itself Is still pretty fast but it probably could use a new graphics card but i'll save that question for later. My computer has all these temp directories, it wouldn't let me upgrade to Win10 when it came out, it loads all sorts of stuff like an LG update for a monitor that I no longer use. I am thinking I may have to take it in somewhere or just chuck it into the ocean.

FTR the google search came up with these programs that are free:

lolo system mechanic

IObit Advanced system care

Piriform Ccleaner

Ashampoo Winoptimizer 2017

Razor Cortex: Game Booster

But who knows, for all I know these programs do more harm than good. Thanks for your help!

Andreaz1

I am not much of a techie and unfortunately my PC is really slow. I googled 'best program to clean up a slow pc' to get an idea but do you guys have any recommendations? I don't mind paying for a program if it works and can be found at a Bestbuy or something. The PC itself Is still pretty fast but it probably could use a new graphics card but i'll save that question for later. My computer has all these temp directories, it wouldn't let me upgrade to Win10 when it came out, it loads all sorts of stuff like an LG update for a monitor that I no longer use. I am thinking I may have to take it in somewhere or just chuck it into the ocean.

FTR the google search came up with these programs that are free:

lolo system mechanic

IObit Advanced system care

Piriform Ccleaner

Ashampoo Winoptimizer 2017

Razor Cortex: Game Booster

But who knows, for all I know these programs do more harm than good. Thanks for your help!

What do you mean you couldn't upgrade to Windows 10? Why? What PC is it? A prebuilt machine or something you/someone you know has built yourselves? What are the specs and how old is it?

The only one of those I've tried is Ccleaner and honestly I think you'll have limited success with it. It could be worth a shot but first I think there other things you should try.

Go through the list of installed programs. Uninstall everything you don't use any more and anything that came with the PC if it's a prebuilt machine. In 99% of cases they come with tons of crap preinstalled that also loves to autostart. Once you've hopefully gotten rid of lots of unwanted stuff go to the Autostart tab in Task Manager and start pruning that list as well. Chances are you've got a lot of programs set to start together with Windows which will not only kill the startup time but also lay in the background, sucking power like parasites. If you've got a normal hard drive a defragmentation could also be useful.

Before all of that though, I'd recommend looking at upgrading to Windows 10 again. I still don't think they've plugged the loop hole that allows you to upgrade for free and your PC should qualify unless it's like 10 years old. After the upgrade you could create a USB drive with Windows on it, format your drive and perform a clean install of your whole OS which would solve all of the problems I just listed by default. I've upgraded many PCs to Windows 10 and the installer is incredibly easy to use.

sivispacem

All those "speed up my pc" things are scams and snake oil.

Blaze

CCleaner is pretty legit, I wouldn't go nuts with the whole registry cleanup section unless file associations are borked but it's useful for cleaning out temp folders/cache as opposed to doing it manually per program but that being said generally no amount of "speed improving" programs are going to make more than a marginal difference in overall PC speed. imo the best upgrade you can make to improve speeds in the OS/programs/games etc is an SSD, used to be somewhat expensive but now even 240GB drives can be had for 70-100USD give or take. They use flash memory so everything is much quicker to load, a more responsive/snappier interface and honestly it's just one of those things you don't think you need until you actually get an SSD at which point the difference is night and day and going back to a HDD after an SSD is like having your legs broken and being told to do a 100 metre sprint in the Olympics.

sivispacem

CCleaner is pretty legit

Except for when they got done by a foreign government and were used to target dozens of tech firms and collaterally infect two million customers with malware.

Which was five months ago.

https://www.wired.com/story/ccleaner-malware-targeted-tech-firms/

ClaudeIzABadAzz

I've been looking at some mice, and this caught my eye: https://www.pccasegear.com/products/41272/msi-gaming-clutch-gm10-optical-gaming-mouse

What do you think? I don't really need a high DPI rate since the only games that I play that require a Mouse are shooting games, and the rest of the games I play are racing games.

Do you have any other suggestions? Preferably red ones? Since my setup is focused around the color red. Thanks.

sivispacem

Corsair M65 is black/red and absolutely fantastic as a product.

Bloodytears1666

I need yours help people.

The problem, I have, appeared some time ago and I can't tell from when and where, but my USB flash drives became hard to use. Every time on every windows system I use it, OSs create an icon inside it, like it removable device:

z3wrVNv.jpg

The main problem is - it prevents using USB FD in many ways like:

- Choosing pictures to upload to internet services on a run, from browser on internal sites menus, like Imgur uploader.

- Listen music on Playstastion or car stereo, as it's become invisible on them and not allow strafe in folders.

I always forced to format a FD every time I plug it in any computer for further using normally, since after formatting, both deep and fast, it's became normal until I replug a FD.

From where to start, it has cursed every USB FD I have here.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

Presidential

Reformat the drive.

Bloodytears1666

Reformat the drive.

Do you mean change file system? I did it multiply times in any possible way, but I have to stop on FAT32 because others just don't work with Playstation and Stereo.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

Presidential

I've actually never seen this happening. I just usually reformat my drive any time I have a problem I can't get around.

Bloodytears1666

I've actually never seen this happening. I just usually reformat my drive any time I have a problem I can't get around.

Me too, but problem here that problem turns back afterwards, like I said if replug USB FD.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

I would like to reset my PC, however, when I got my PC from the people who built it, it had software already installed, such as AMD and Nvidia software. If I reset my PC, I'll lose these programs, won't I?

Crokey

Software for drivers and hardware (graphics, Motherboard etc, from AMD, Nvidia or Intel etc) should be available to download from the manufacturer, the main issue you'll face with resetting your PC if you bought it pre-built would be your OS.