Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,081 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

TheOneLibertonian

It's 2018! The 10th Year Anniversary for GTA IV is in the horizon! Share your best memories of IV and Liberty City.

George Costanza

Tbh i would be happy with patch for PC release, which would fix z-fighting and improve optimization. (and could be base for current gen consoles port)

tommyguns

I remember stories that R* wanted it to be more realistic and grounded, which I was fine with. But when I got the game I ended up comparing it to SA. It was meant to be more real, but the food and gym work element had gone. We were unable to go and customise our cars. The parking space vehicle saves were really unreliable & I was always losing cars I liked because of them. I was disappointed that the burglary jobs had been dropped.

But there were positive introductions, like the net, which has obviously been my expanded and better utilised in V. But you found some GF's through the dating sites & beyond that, some of the dating profiles had me lol. Food didn't change your appearance anymore, but we can't even go and pick up some pizza or get a cluckin bell in V. It featured things that would have benefitted V IMO too. Like the comedy club and cabaret shows.

Imagine if you could go to Tequila lala and listen to rock and metal bands in there, play pool or darts against other players or NPC's. And so it didn't get too samey, R* changed the music being played a few times a year or so.

Pool - I really liked taking a break from missions to play a few games of pool. I would usually take Jacob, a key person to keep sweet so you could use his weapon delivery service. But you could also play an NPC in the bar.

As far as multiplayer went, I occasionally played other modes, but spent about 95% of my time racing. I loved to race in that game, probably because I went on insane winning streaks. I would race anything, contact, non, but my favorites were GTA for the chaos. My favorite was called long drag (I think) it was the longest circuit in the game, most of it raced on liberties overpasses, time square was also fun, I became an expert at dodging the buses that trolls would hijack to try and screw people over with.

Can't say I've had races as fun as those on V. And since stunt tracks it's hard to even get a handful of people into a lobby for a regular road race.

SeroH

The thing I liked of GTA IV was one of my favorite radio stations ever, The Journey and Self Actualization FM:

Tupiz

The thing I liked of GTA IV was one of my favorite radio stations ever, The Journey and Self Actualization FM

This. Aphex Twin's 17 in the IV trailer still gives me cold shivers. Journey FM really added a lot to the ambition when cruising down the rainy and dark LC streets where the music fit well. No game has given me an experience quite like this.

Official General

Simply walking and driving around the streets of Broker for the first time ever.

jaljax

Playing GTA IV for the very first time back in the day... man i feel old already

Hmmm nice bike

Simply walking and driving around the streets of Broker for the first time ever.

Especially the Hove Beach area shortly after Niko gets off the ship. It was a pretty decent recreation of Brighton Beach. They really nailed the atmosphere and, from Niko's perspective, it truly felt like you were in a strange new place, especially for new players.

MostWantedMVP

Can I just say, how brilliant this video is by GTASeriesVideos!

Once GTA IV came and I seen Niko, Johnny and Luis I got Goosebumps. (Especially Luis TBOGT is my favorite GTA)

Garfield 2

I was very young... and very angry...

Loved the hype, waiting for the game and picking up THE LAST copy in the local GameStop for the Xbox360.

Edited by Garfield 2

ROCKSTAR MANIC

I really hope something is done with this game. Would love an enhanced version. Just leave the basics of this game alone, remaster i may say. Still remember getting lost and taking in the sights. Hove beach, schottler, Dukes, Firefly island. Memories...

CountdownIIExtinction

Liberty City reminds everyone of 1990's New York they saw in movies like Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.

It's like 2008 Liberty City was stuck in 1990's and 2013 Los Santos is just... bland 2013 Los Santos.

5dSzKFC.png

sW1Z46F.png

qHiDQD8.png

That's why it feels so magical.

f*ck Home Alone 2! For me, Niko Bellic reminded me of Chuck Norris and Steven Seagail - the no bullsh*t charatcters. no bullsh*t movies. Like when Niko kicks the cocksucker @ Brucies' "I said Hello!"

And did you know that this paracahucte thing (catching guy in mid-air) was taken straight from Delta Force? Later to be repeated in Walker Texas Ranger episode. If I want your opinion I beat it out of ya.

MostWantedMVP

I'm currently playing it on PC again for the first time since 2009.

Dmitriy

the same thing but on ps3

Algonquin Assassin

I can't imagine being away from my baby for that long.

Journey_95

True, I have replayed GTA IV like 7 times...never gets old

Algonquin Assassin

I'm doing an 11th. Was going to wait to do another one as I finished one up before the start of the new year, but couldn't wait. It's like any other addiction. Once you're hooked you can't stop. :p

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Sleepwalking

Who else does this? I remember booting up GTA IV, getting bored pretty easily doing same type of missions and then go and eject my cars towards to space all the time.

RetroMystic

Who else does this? I remember booting up GTA IV, getting bored pretty easily doing same type of missions and then go and eject my cars towards to space all the time.

Am I the only one who never played around with this glitch?

Tycek

Who else does this? I remember booting up GTA IV, getting bored pretty easily doing same type of missions

This is getting boring. We all know you don't like the game, because you were getting border easily doing the same type of missions, but c'mon, this topic is called share your best memories in case if you missed that part.

Sleepwalking

Who else does this? I remember booting up GTA IV, getting bored pretty easily doing same type of missions

This is getting boring. We all know you don't like the game, because you were getting border easily doing the same type of missions, but c'mon, this topic is called share your best memories in case if you missed that part.

I shared my best memories in there: Swingset glitch allows you to have some fun.

Journey_95

At least they were actual classic crime missions, with TBOGT and V we basically have Michael Bay missions to pander to people like you.

I would replay the interesting hitman Type of missions in IV instead of boring (apparently "fun") missions like Black Project or Monkey Business which dont belong in GTA.

Edited by Journey_95

TheOriginalGunslinger

This is getting boring. We all know you don't like the game, because you were getting border easily doing the same type of missions, but c'mon, this topic is called share your best memories in case if you missed that part.He also missed the part over in the "Things GTA IV did better than GTA V" thread about driving and said missions. Like, who doesn't read the on-topic titles? Gotta love the little sarcasm jabs he throws into his post which are blantly obvious.

Anyways... Let me get back on-topic here. My biggest memory is playing multiplayer in IV. Met some really cool people there. A much better experience than what GTA Online offers. Custom lobbies made it even more enjoyable. Oh, and Cops 'n Crooks all f*cking day!

Edited by Dexter_Morgan

MostWantedMVP

Played it on 360 many times, just been revisiting the PC version.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

George Costanza

I remember messing around with physics as kid and finding random sh*t around LC. Finished the story like 4 years later and must say the missions were pretty meh. But great game nonetheless
8euaGTu.png

eeGR9py.jpg

9OfzUOb.jpg

Lock n' Stock

Too many to list, but even when I was about 12, I remember the hype for this game being MASSIVE. Every f*cker was talking about it, even on local radio.

Originally I played the game on my brother's 360, and just used to spend time dicking around. Even back then, I didn't care about the absence of features from SA because the level of detail put into everything else was just crazy, be it the atmosphere, the refined mechanics, the storyline, whatever. I don't think it was until a year or so later when I got a copy of my own on PS3, and finally got to experience the narrative in full force.

And then EFLC came out on PS3, After 360 had it for so long, it was well worth the wait. Two completely new characters with their own storylines, along with new weapons, vehicles and other features. Great expansions to an already great game.

In short, the GTA IV saga was truly a special one.

fryday

As far as multiplayer went, I occasionally played other modes, but spent about 95% of my time racing. I loved to race in that game, probably because I went on insane winning streaks. I would race anything, contact, non, but my favorites were GTA for the chaos. My favorite was called long drag (I think) it was the longest circuit in the game, most of it raced on liberties overpasses, time square was also fun, I became an expert at dodging the buses that trolls would hijack to try and screw people over with.

Can't say I've had races as fun as those on V. And since stunt tracks it's hard to even get a handful of people into a lobby for a regular road race.

"Stars in your eyes" - 10 Rounds - Firetrucks - GTA Race :D

I was a quite good racer in GTA4, too and in opposition to you I enjoy GTA5 races the same.

AlexGambino150

I have a PS4 and gave my cousin from DR my PS3 and GTA IV. It's been about 3 years since I've last played GTA IV and I'm going absolutely nuts.

Algonquin Assassin

I have a PS4 and gave my cousin from DR my PS3 and GTA IV. It's been about 3 years since I've last played GTA IV and I'm going absolutely nuts.

Fortunately I have a PS4 and XB1 so backwards compatibility makes it possible on XB1. However my first experience of GTA IV was on the PS3 so I still have a soft spot. It's sucks that the PS4 wont play PS3 games (Other than the select few on the PS store).

Hopefully you get to play it again someday dude. :)

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Mr.Kurowski

Eh, i had many good memories with GTA IV.

The story is great once you have the DLC's as well so you can experience LC from every perspective.

I remember just driving around and i liked how the city felt so alive..:p

the gta psychopath

My favorite Memory of GTA IV was when I unlocked the second and third island I felt so Awesome then to explore new place's