2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

What makes you fall in love with this game?

Excalibur Voltaire

Excalibur Voltaire

For me it's gotta be the amazing storyline, varied mission, amazing customization, the amazing shootout mechanic, the driving, the endless freedom, the unforgettable characters, the social commentary and the humor

I hear you man! I mean, it sounds like hyperbole to say it, but with V, there really are too many things to just list out real quick. You summed up a lot of the great things about the game. And it certainly explains The incredible critical reviews, the unparalleled gross sales, the continuous unbridled success of online, and overwhelming fan accolades for the game.

Edited by ChiroVette
  • Like 1

Excalibur Voltaire

I hear you man! I mean, it sounds like hyperbole to say it, but with V, there really are too many things to just list out real quick. You summed up a lot of the great things about the game. And it certainly explains The incredible critical reviews, the unparalleled gross sales, the continuous unbridled success of online, and overwhelming fan accolades for the game.

True, R* really nailed it with GTA V, the amount of effort they put when making this game, the success they made, and the records they earned, they truly deserved that, way to go R*!!

And then, there's the amazing GTA Online, but I will hold this until I truly played it

TheOneLibertonian

I don't necessarily love the game, and I felt that GTA V was a game with unfulfilled potential, but despite coming short of being a fantastic game, I still do think there are many good things about the game and it's really fun to pick up and play it every once and a while.

On-topic though, it's not really falling in love with it, but I just love and appreciate the small, and tiny moments like roaming around the in-game world, basking in the sunset at Del Perro Beach, and seeing what there is to offer in the massive world Rockstar created. If there is something to really praise GTA V, it's the attention to detail.

• Like 1

On-topic though, it's not really falling in love with it, but I just love and appreciate the small, and tiny moments like roaming around the in-game world, basking in the sunset at Del Perro Beach, and seeing what there is to offer in the massive world Rockstar created. If there is something to really praise GTA V, it's the attention to detail.

Yeah, the attention to detail and profound sense of immersion is one of the many things that made so many fans and professional-reviewers alike fall in love with this game.

• Like 1

So do you two actually love GTAV more than, say your partners, if you actually have one that is. Just curious.

îlîlîlîlîlî

So do you two actually love GTAV more than, say your partners, if you actually have one that is. Just curious.

You must be fun at parties, if you actually get invited to them that is.

Oh I am fun, there's a point to casually saying you love something though and then there's bumping old threads to gush about how much you love the game, threads being locked and closed followed by a warning and THEN going on to make new threads talking about how much you love this game with your secondary clone account

• Like 3

El Penguin Bobo

Well, let's see, the free roam and the missions. And there are hundreds of stuff to do. And the game sometimes feel like a movie of some sort. But one thing tho, the story didn't do it for me. The protagonists weren't all that great as well...Overrall, i think it's a good game.

Edited by xXPinguXx

Image result for gta signature

1) Diversity in Missions

2) Colorful city and a good enjoyable countryside for off-road driving.

3) Airplanes

4) Tattoos, clothing and barbershops;

5) Buying & modifying cars

6) Ability to modify weapons (I love Yusuf Amir gun aesthetics)

7) I liked all three main characters (even though Michael is an antagonist for me)

8) Hangout System

-Ability to hang with a trio

9) GTA Online is the best multiplayer experience I have ever had.

- Free updates keep coming.

• Like 2

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Definitely not the childish and passive aggressive fanbase.

I have to be in the mood for this game. I fall in love with it when everything goes right. When I can just have a good time and go on a road trip across the map in one of my cars and then drive back to my fancy garage (GTAO) look at my collection and walk up to a high up office that I actually own.

• Like 3

True, R* really nailed it with GTA V, the amount of effort they put when making this game, the success they made, and the records they earned, they truly deserved that, way to go R*!!

And then, there's the amazing GTA Online, but I will hold this until I truly played it

Oh definitely!

The sheer amount of fun to be had in the game and the massive work ethic that went in to really redeem the franchise after the one blemish.

Official General

If you've fallen in love with GTA V your life must be seriously empty.

:lol::lol:

I second that.

The only thing I really love about this game are it's graphics and visual effects. Can't say I love anything else about it.

The vastly superior story, characters, S&F's, collectibles, graphics, incredible map, gameplay variety, are definitely also things to metaphorically fall in love with in a game.

By the way, for anyone who might be tempted to disoarage CGForLife, "falling in love" as a thread title is a metaphor. Nobody is suggesting that any inanimate object, like a game, can actually engender the same feelings as a mate or life partner. Then again, I have definitely noticed a certain small, fractional minority of GTA IV fans who have so fetishized IV, that maybe I am wrong and it is possible to fall in love with a game?

Don't worry, guys! You can "be in love with IV" and have other mistresses. I promise that as bad of a game as IV is, she is not a jealous spouse! :r*: :r*: :r*:

Edited by ChiroVette

Gnocchi Flip Flops

The vastly superior story, characters, S&F's, collectibles, graphics, incredible map, gameplay variety, are definitely also things to metaphorically fall in love with in a game.

By the way, for anyone who might be tempted to disoarage CGForLife, "falling in love" as a thread title is a metaphor. Nobody is suggesting that any inanimate object, like a game, can actually engender the same feelings as a mate or life partner. Then again, I have definitely noticed a certain small, fractional minority of GTA IV fans who have so fetishized IV, that maybe I am wrong and it is possible to fall in love with a game?

Don't worry, guys! You can "be in love with IV" and have other mistresses. I promise that as bad of a game as IV is, she is not a jealous spouse! :r*: :r*: :r*:

How sad do you have to be to be thirty years old and so obsessed with proving how much better a GTA game is over another? Just asking, I want to know.

How sad do you have to be to be thirty years old and so obsessed with proving how much better a GTA game is over another? Just asking, I want to know.

Well, actually, I would turn that around and say that it is even sadder for a small, minority fringe group of V-critics to be so obsessed with how much they detest or criticize V that they just can't stop coming here to whinge about it. But that is as off topic as your post, so its all I will say on the matter. And you have as much right to be here as me.

On topic, when a game is so jam packed with so much raw fun as V is, and tells such a riveting and engaging story, all atop a map which is just nothing short of gorgeous sights and eye-candy, its almost impossible not to fall in love with it like the vast majority of GTA fans and critics did. Metaphorically speaking, of course. hahahaha :lol:

Edited by ChiroVette

Don't you just love how these threads basically become just ChiroVette and CFGforLife posting constantly between each other, nothing obsessive about that at all. :)

• Like 7

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Don't you just love how these threads basically become just ChiroVette and CFGforLife posting constantly between each other, nothing obsessive about that at all. :)

As with every part of this forum, there's always that group of circlejerkers who have to ruin it for everyone and nobody will do anything about it other than say that we "not take it seriously" and that's it.

Believe me I would love to come here and discuss V normally like a normal person, but that's clearly impossible.

Edited by Scaglietti
  • Like 5

I love the graphics, detail, dynamic soundtrack, and how moddable it is. That's it tbh. :p

Edited by Piggsy pls
  • Like 2

CFGforLife was pretty much superglued to Chiros ass all throughout the Things V Did Better Than IV thread.

Already got a similar thread, please use that :santa:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/848059-your-favorite-thing-about-gta-v/

Thanks!

gwZr6Zc.png