2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Penguin Bob

Catalina is the #1 bitch on the universe.

Penguin Bob

Sooo, i was replaying San Andreas this month and i just realized how much of a bitch Catalina is. She has 500 different moods. She could be in a pissed off mood, sexy mood, and it's just ALL OVER THE GODDAMN PLACE. And she treated CJ like sh*t. i don't why CJ didn't kick her ass. Even Toni Cipriani would kick her ass if he was there. Who else agrees?

Am Shaegar

Because CJ knew she was a stupid bitch, and also, due to her relation to Cesar.

I think Rockstar wanted to flesh out her character that they couldn't do justice to her character during III. In III, the story begins with Claude getting backstabbed by Catalina. So, how do you think they would give Claude/Catalina's relationship a beginning before the events in III, while flesh out Catalina's personality by allowing the players to know MORE about her?

You can only know more about her, by putting yourself into the protagonist's role.

Simple as that!

I loved those moments between CJ and Catalina. Not only I get to experience an amazing female character for the first time in the series, but also, the actual personality of Catalina in game.

Penguin Bob

Because CJ knew she was a stupid bitch, and also, due to her relation to Cesar.

I think Rockstar wanted to flesh out her character that they couldn't do justice to her character during III. In III, the story begins with Claude getting backstabbed by Catalina. So, how do you think they would give Claude/Catalina's relationship a beginning before the events in III, while flesh out Catalina's personality by allowing the players to know MORE about her?

You can only know more about her, by putting yourself into the protagonist's role.

Simple as that!

I loved those moments between CJ and Catalina. Not only I get to experience an amazing female character for the first time in the series, but also, the actual personality of Catalina in game.

Meh, that is true. SHE IS A BITCH THO. lol

Evil empire

Catalina is a so caricatural pychopath it makes her funny, I love her voice, tendancy to always shout and her replies to CJ.

She's a bitch and a paradoxically charismatic one.

Jeansowaty

I'm glad she met her fate in GTA3...

ArmyRaidFail404

I don't really mind Catalina tbh. That scene where she "introduces" CJ to her rack was funny as f*ck.

CoolMods

Plus Rockstar Games should've use a remastered model of the one in GTA3. In gta 3 she looked pretty good but in GTA Sa she look trash

DK06282000

Catalina was an excellent addition to the game. She had a great personality and provided entertainment in every mission she was in. She should've appeared in more missions. She's awesome.

ArmyRaidFail404

Catalina was an excellent addition to the game. She had a great personality and provided entertainment in every mission she was in. She should've appeared in more missions. She's awesome.

She provided even more entertainment than that. Remember those phone calls that CJ would randomly get trying to make him jealous of her and Claude?

watersgta3

I'm just gonna be honest. I enjoyed Catalina in GTA 3, I liked her charisma and attitude in that game, but I absolutely despise her in this game. In spite of what everyone else thinks, I never found any of Catalina's actions in this game to be funny the slightest bit. Her quotes here just came off as extremely insufferable and just plain irritating. I guarantee you had the genders been reversed, none of you would find any of this hilarious. Plus she really didn't serve much of a purpose in the game other than the sake of just being those returning characters. Sure she does give you the key to the garage in SF, but that just seemed more as an excuse to have her in the game rather than any importance to the plot. In reality, she really didn't have much of a motivation in the game other than being a loudmouth, uneducated bitch who's related to one of the main original characters in the game.

Edited by watersgta3

CoolMods

kids, don't do drugs...

Penguin Bob

Sure she does give you the key to the garage in SF.

I don't think that was a garage. I just played the mission where you have to go to San Fierro, and CJ was complaining about how it wasn't a garage.....yep.

CoolMods

LOL i just reminded when i was 10 years old, there was a girl in my class that was exactly like Catalina, She always kicked me, LOL. She got expelled out, and she reminders me of Catalina. So much facts Catalina is such a bitch

CoolMods

The only perfect husband for Catalina is Trevor, both are already devils.

Plus as i said, SA Catalina looks so f*cking ugly, they should just remaster a bit the GTA III Catalina wich looked normally.

mrfilmpjesmaker123

She is annoying af but that is what makes her good.

CJ needed Catalina for the money, that's why he couldn't dump her.

I don't think that was a garage. I just played the mission where you have to go to San Fierro, and CJ was complaining about how it wasn't a garage.....yep.

It is, but it looks like sh*t, that's why CJ's mad.

Penguin Bob

Oh, ok.

Sleepwalking

Yeah too bad you can't canonically put that bitch out of her misery in GTA SA

Reameb

Yep, she was, very loud and toxic ! I hate going through her missions :^)

mrfilmpjesmaker123

Oh, ok.

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Doherty_Garage

:)

LongLiveJojo

catalina was an amazing character, funny, angry and so on, better than all of other cj's girlfriends imo lmao

Journey_95

Catalina was fine, the problem was how CJ behaved around her. He shouldn't have acted like a bitch, especially in the cutscene where she pulls a gun on him or the one where she dominates him & forces him to have sex with her.

Really just WTF moments for me, I wonder what his friends would think (Ryder probably: Same old CJ, Busta. Straight Busta)

Edited by Journey_95

Son of Zeus

Catalina was fine, the problem was how CJ behaved around her. He shouldn't have acted like a bitch, especially in the cutscene where she pulls a gun on him or the one where she dominates him & forces him to have sex with her.

Really just WTF moments for me, I wonder what his friends would think (Ryder probably: Same old CJ, Busta. Straight Busta)

Agreed. I never got the Catalina part. I think it was to please the GTA 3 fans. Sure he was desperate for money at that point after being exiled, but they could've written it differently.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

Toni would'a kicked the sh*t outta her lol

Evil empire

I love Catalina's missions set but I appreciate her look much less, she looks much better in GTA 3.

The way she dominates CJ like a puppy after CJ did so many things is strange but it never bothered me, at the contrary I always found it very funny, it's a part of her psychopathic and exaggerated personality.

CoolMods

I love Catalina's missions set but I appreciate her look much less, she looks much better in GTA 3.

Especially Xbox catalina. My god thanks to that redreaper guy for converting the GTA 3 version skin. i was looking for one desperatley

Edited by CoolMods

jaljax

I knew someone very similar in the real world lol & let me tell you she was a b*tch too :lol:

lil weasel

Without the Catalina this game would be very dull.

I did not like Catalina at first but during the many replys I began to like her character.

Also, the misleading introduction when Cesar refereed to her as "Them".

Other references:

Catalina Appreciation Thread

Catalina

Edited by lil weasel

watersgta3

Without the Catalina this game would be bery dull.

How exactly? She only appeared in five out of over a hundred missions, and there are many other characters that were far more entertaining and charismatic. How would her not appearing in this game make it dull?

Journey_95

Without the Catalina this game would be bery dull.

How exactly? She only appeared in five out of over a hundred missions, and there are many other characters that were far more entertaining and charismatic. How would her not appearing in this game make it dull?

Guess Catalina is his favourite character or something..I agree though while I didn't mind Catalina she isn't really among the more memorable and entertaining characters of the game. And CJ acting like a bitch around her was annoying.

Algonquin Assassin

She wasnt that interesting as the antagonist in GTA III and in San Andreas she just comes across as irritating,

I doubt if she was removed it would change the story in any significant way.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin