2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What are some good MK II weapons you people have made?

JakeSmooth

I'm hoping to upgrade a few of my guns. What are some good MK II weapons and ammo type combos you folks have made? What weapons have you been using in the new Doomsday heists? A friend of mine says the incendiary pump shotgun is cool however I fail to see how fire bullets on a weapon that kills in just a hit of two could be useful. I've also seen that the revolver with hollow points can pretty much insta-kill other players.

I use the combat mg mk2 whatever its called. It resolves a lot of the recoil from the regular mp. explosive shotgun for close range vehicles and explosive sniper for jets.

Yellow Dog with Cone

Heavy Revolver MKII with Hollow Point ammo is a OHK.

• Like 3

Pump Shotgun MkII w/ Explosive shells, Special Carbine MkII w/ Incendiary rounds and the Heavy Revolver(?) MkII w/ Hollow Point rounds are all you need.

I use the combat mg mk2 whatever its called. It resolves a lot of the recoil from the regular mp. explosive shotgun for close range vehicles and explosive sniper for jets.

This for the most part for me too.

I also did the heavy revolver with the incendiary ammo

.Diana McFarland.

Heavy Sniper Mk2

Thermal scope is all ya need for pvp.

i used to run explosive rounds for vehicles but i just heist teleport to my house whenever someone decides to pull out a vehicle or something.

Heavy Sniper Mk2

i used to run explosive rounds for vehicles but i just heist teleport to my house whenever someone decides to pull out a vehicle or something.

Awww the session cleaner now runs away?, please what a joke you ended up being in the end..

• Like 9

Combat MG, carbine (no suppressor), pistol (to shoot myself in the head), marksman (no suppressor) and heavy sniper (+ suppressor) all with regular ammo (sometimes HSniper + explosive rounds to shoot stuff out of the sky).

Shotgun + explosive rounds

Special Carbine with FMJ "just in case"

Heavy revolver + hollow points rounds

The bullpup and special carbine MK2 were a deception but I might find a use for them.

Maybe I can find a use for the SMG too, but I don't want too many weapons in my wheel.

Since the last DLC I put the advanced rifle back in my inventory and use it a lot for missions, I seem to get more headshots with, especially with the suppressor on, maybe can somebody confirm.

Edited by Brutal Trout

.Diana McFarland.

Heavy Sniper Mk2

Awww the session cleaner now runs away?, please what a joke you ended up being in the end..

i dont run i just teleport and take pot shots at your vehicle.

or i argue in chat with the person until they realize if they kill me ina vehicle that it doesn't actually make them better than me

Mark II Carbine is still my bae when it comes to peeling muffin caps back blue. Head shots all day. Mark II Special Carbine ain't no slouch either. Both with extended mag. Hoping for "Barrel" magazines in the future.

Heavy Sniper Mk2

or i argue in chat with the person until they realize if they kill me ina vehicle that it doesn't actually make them better than me

I'll never understand this mentality... a game as wide open and varied as GTAO but the only thing that counts as skill is shooting bullets from guns on foot?

Edited by IamCourtney

.Diana McFarland.

Heavy Sniper Mk2

I'll never understand this mentality... a game as wide open and varied as GTAO but the only thing that counts as skill is shooting bullets from guns on foot?

precisely.

I have several guns with MKII incendiary rounds in them, I use mostly the MKII combat MG and light everyone up, best gun in the game. well.. other than the explosive sniper, the explosive shot gun gets some use too.

Edited by elfoam

I have several guns with MKII incendiary rounds in them, I use mostly the MKII combat MG and light everyone up, best gun in the game. well.. other than the explosive sniper, the explosive shot gun gets some use too.

Do incendiary rounds set vehicles on fire?

I tried switching explosive sniper rounds for FMJ, since you can carry more. But, meh, they didn't pack quite what I wanted. Incendiary rounds, I'm thinking maybe if they set a jet on fire, that might be a decent alternative?

The only special ammo I roll with is explosive rounds in my pump and sniper with FMJ in the MG as an anti-vehicle fallback and/or alternative for when I don't want to use explosives for whatever reason.

I dunno, a lot of people of swear by the Combat MG but it never really clicked for me, that whole section of the weapon wheel has always been fairly neglected in all my years of playing...

Bloodytears1666

Do incendiary rounds set vehicles on fire?

I tried switching explosive sniper rounds for FMJ, since you can carry more. But, meh, they didn't pack quite what I wanted. Incendiary rounds, I'm thinking maybe if they set a jet on fire, that might be a decent alternative?

No, at least I haven't seen any of mine did so. They even barely affect players. Only working on AI.

I got Assault Rifle MKII with AP rounds, muzzle, small scope, just in case. Actually works perfect for what they were made.

Standard Pistol MKII with IR, for no reason, lolz and drive by shooting cops and AI.

Carbine Rifle MKII with normal rounds and muzzle. My best friend in game.

Bullpup MKII, my stealthy right hand, has scope too.

Heavy Sniper MKII with explosive rounds and thermal scope.

Marksman Rifle MKII, use it as usual one, in missions instead sniper and in PVP for spamming.

• Like 1

Heavy Revolver with incendiary rounds. Every single person, be it npc, enemy or another player, is set on fire. With EVERY shot. Not just random, it’s EVERY shot. I love it

Heavy Sniper Mk2

I would take explosive rounds every time, against vehicles or not.

I don't pick Freemode fights unprovoked, but if someone attacks me I will have a go back. I got into a sniper fight post respawn recently with one other guy. I had explosive ammo, he didn't. It didn't end well for him.

The only downside is needing to get back to the MOC to reload, but if you only fight in retaliatory situations like me, it has enough ammo.

Lonely-Martin

I've flipped to original 6 Gunrunning one's to MK II, and had research complete for a good while now.

Yet, even on Doomsday Heist. Just not had the need to add more. I will one day.

But I'll read here and look to not waste my cash on mistakes, lol. Done too much of that at Benny's/LSC.

Too many options and choice here, I ain't got a clue...

Heavy Sniper Mk2

..But know this, I'll never be worried about the size of my penis, so this crap won't ever come into it.

Nonsense, but thank god this player is on the hellhole that is PC, lol...

At least I know I'm crap at COD or whatever... I don't need GTA to feel good at gaming again, with it's glitches/cheats/exploits/macros or whatever tripe comes up, like that one clearly does!.

Entertaining reading though, lol.

Edited by KWF1981

I don't use any types of special ammo, because i basically didn't research them.
Well, almost. I got explosive rounds, but i don't use them, cuz im waiting for a good moment to use them.

I keep an assault rifle with incendiary rounds (right now it is a Bullpup MKII) to set enemies on fire in PvE. The Explosive Shotgun was extremely useful clearing the Doomsday Heists. All around the Explosive Sniper is very useful for just about everything. I don't PvP much at all, but I keep the Heavy Revolver MKII with Hollow Points, and an Incendiary Pistol for when I run out of ammo in my Incendiary AR. Combat MG MKII is nice for longer range and significantly less recoil than the standard, and I have Armor Piercing Rounds on the Marksman Rifle MKII for longer range defense.

• Like 1

Heavy Revolver with incendiary rounds. Every single person, be it npc, enemy or another player, is set on fire. With EVERY shot. Not just random, it’s EVERY shot. I love it

Is that just for the revolver or now normal for other MKII weapons as well? I clearly remember putting it on an SMG or assault rifle during the bunker update period and it only actually setting enemies on fire when they died. They were completely useless then.

Is that just for the revolver or now normal for other MKII weapons as well? I clearly remember putting it on an SMG or assault rifle during the bunker update period and it only actually setting enemies on fire when they died. They were completely useless then.

Just the revolver for me. The other guns with IR probably set fire to 1 out of 6 people I shoot, so still useless

Combat MG with FMJ rounds to wreck BP glass and vehicles.

Bullpup rifle with standard ammo, it has the perfect combo of rof, recoil and damage, it's like a laser that doesn't run out of juice too quickly.

Heavy sniper with explosive rounds for various vehicles and tryhards.

The rest is entirely optional and for fun only. Revolver with hollow point ammo kicks like a train. The SMG is fun to use with its non-existant recoil.

Custom ammo on assault rifles is useless becase of terrible mag size. Incendiary is useless, period.

Also, I play on PC, so this is a free aim loadout.

Just the revolver for me. The other guns with IR probably set fire to 1 out of 6 people I shoot, so still useless

Unfortunately, yeah. Just went to check the game after I posted and the description for the revolver incendiary rounds says it will set people on fire. The others still just say there's a chance of it.

If it was a higher chance and not just upon death (that was my experience, anyway) maybe the reduced capacity would be justified for those guns.

Tried to test the revolver fire rounds on cops. What a brain fart. They die too quickly. But it didn't set their corpses on fire, though?

Tried to test the revolver fire rounds on cops. What a brain fart. They die too quickly. But it didn't set their corpses on fire, though?

Lmao my first attempt was on some poor schmuck sitting afk outside his facility. Shot him once to watch him burn but I guess he noticed and didn't like that too much as he pumped me full of bullets while he was on fire 😂🤦‍♂️

I currently use

MK2 heavy sniper with explosive rounds

Mk2 pump shotgun with explosive rounds

MK2 combat MG with AP rounds

MK2 Carbine with standard ammo

MK2 revolver with incendiary rounds

I also have but don't use:

MK2 pistol with HP ammo

mk2 SMG standard ammo

Mk2 marksman with standard ammo (think I might put this back in my 'use' list - any suggestions for best type of ammo for it?)

I use a Mk II Heavy Sniper with a Advanced Scope, Heavy barrel & extended mag.

I used to have MkII SMG & Combat MG, but reverted back to regular ones once DDH came out.

I might do a MkII Shotgun or a Pistol.

I use traditional bullets, the ammo bug is annoying as hell & left me dry when I needed them.

I yet to fire a single FMJ round or die carrying the MG, yet I had to refill 3 times. I also kept losing my Explosive rounds whether I used them or not .... I had enough after a while & ditched the special ammo.