Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,304 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Steamy_breezy

Could R* had designed the facility better?

Garland137

I think the overall design is OK. The problem is the execution. With just a few small changes, they could have had 20 cars ringing the entrance lift, and still had room for the Avenger and a bunch of the specialty vehicles. Then you have that huge row of workstations just for show. It's a bit overkill just to show that this is a decommissioned IAA spy facility. I'd rather they made that much smaller, and/or done something more varied and interesting with the space, and/or made these part of a new business venture where you can watch hackers or whatever working on some new type of product.

Right now the facility feels kinda redundant; just a mishmash of pieces from the bunker, SV garage from the I/E warehouse, quarters and heist room from high end apartments, garage, and CEO office assistants. Sure, the orbital cannon and security room upgrades are unique features, but they could have just as easily been new upgrades for the existing Gunrunning bunker. I want a reason to come back to the facility beyond just heist replays. Maybe at least a way to monitor or manage my other MC and CEO businesses. It is supposed to be a hardened command centre after all. It's a very big, flashy underground facility.

..GhosT

Wish they weren't yet another bunker, or an expansion to the unused doors in the current bunker.

Cutter De Blanc

I always have to run around in a circle around the show floor until I find the entrance to the rest of the place. I don't think even once I've been able to just go in and find the door, I always think it's on the opposite side.

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Orbital cannon

More car space def!

polaris23

I don't understand how the facility can have so much useless spaces but only 7 spots for personal vehicles

AStiffBreeze

oh yeah and reception can have a PV concierge too

I don't understand how the facility can have so much useless spaces but only 7 spots for personal vehicles

Those are the two things that really annoy me.

El Payaso

The fact is, the facility could have easily been incorporated into the bunker simply by expansion.

But we all know Rockstar wouldn't do such a thing. Why expand something when you can simply make bunkers 2.0 and have players pay for it.

Cutter De Blanc

I mean, it's glaringly obvious it's another money sink, but if you can get past that it makes a nice homebase. I like sleeping in the same place my cars do.

Chang

I like the Groupo Metal detector you walkings through that makes that noise.

Every time I gone through it I reremind myself to test it later by putting ALL my weapons in a gun locker, then see if detector still makes sound.

:) I Chang

CaliMeatWagon

This would makes sense if R* didn't like drawing dicks everywhere (really think about the shape of the Facility).

Astrohurricane

What really stings is the fact that now I've completed the heists, this facility is essentially useless to me. Oh sure I could repeat the heists and I probably will, but I'll soon be bored of them and it'll end up being a $3 million empty, unused space. Much like the research area of my bunker which has been left empty and unused since the second week of the gun running DLC.

MechanicMammal

@Astrohurricane, you get a like for the Douglas Adams quote I am a big fan myself :), in fact my social club name is Beeblebrox77.

Back on topic now, I think that the facility was made for the mission first, then reused as a property as a after thought, that would explain the linear set up.

Also if this DLC was intended for single player originally it would make sense if you liberated the facility for the use of the 3 protagonists.

Obviously this is pure speculation if it even makes sense to anyone else lol.

xwinkx_girlYakuza
Posted (edited)

They made it way too big to be practical so it would justify the price and the fact that we do not really need it coz we already got the underground bunker which would be perfectly fine just to upgrade it into the facility in the first place.. :miranda:

p.s. but as a grinder who loves to own things old and new i was ok with it LOL

Edited by xwinkx_girlYakuza

assCRACK_98

Yeah I don't know why they have all these useless doors, the interiors in this update in the heists were in general lazy, only a few new ones and all the others were rehashed and changed a tiny bit, with annoying immersion breaking loading screens.

Zarpy

Im sure its been said already, but more vehicle space... Could have easily had like 20 storable vehicles in there including the special vehicles which would have been much better imo

Dr.Rosenthal

I think it's a little sad to visit the Facility after completion of the Doomsday Heist.. like, the Bunker at least has purpose after research is complete and continues to generate income.

Ordering strike teams and orbital strikes doesn't exactly count as meaningful activities in my opinion.. I may replay the Doomsday Heist, but still part of me thinks it's such a waste to have this huge facility and no real use for it..

gmintz09

In my opinion, just about everything could be better in regards to the facility. Having to buy it in the first place just to have access as host to the heists is disappointing (especially with the $1-2 mil price tag), not to mention there isn't much purpose to having the facility beyond launching the heists. The rest of that massive space is poorly used and just for aesthetics. I agree with others that it should have been tacked on to bunkers as an upgrade or something. That or something else that is useful should have been added to the facility; perhaps some other form of a business for continued revenue.

Shadowfennekin

They should have had 10 spaces... not 7 to start

And a faster way of traveling the base.

Ezekeil2Ofive17

What r* don't seem to get is the more frequently you use something the faster it should be to do, so that long corridor is just annoying

I genuinely don't understand how the can design such brilliant gameplay and such terrible user interface stuff

Sentinel Driver

The facility is ugly as f*ck

Mogg

i kind of like it for its james bondish vibes, and i've gotten used to its layout and all, but i will agree with the ones who say the room solution to it is a bit too wonky.

especially the personal space - should've been just a living room of some sorts, while the actual bedroom area was something hangarlike in the garage or behind any of the unavailable doors.

what's a bit worse is that the vehicle area only started to look decent when i'd filled it with just about anything from doomsday and other weaponised vehicles. yes, i've bought thruster, avenger, riot control van and all that stuff.

but in the end, i've grown up with james bond movies, and i like it already on that basis alone.

thepiebaker

What r* don't seem to get is the more frequently you use something the faster it should be to do, so that long corridor is just annoying

I genuinely don't understand how the can design such brilliant gameplay and such terrible user interface stuff

Post op sale mission says they think otherwise

ferguson99

Our facilities are to big for such little features inside..... for a base that side, caddys should be stationed in main entrance lift area.

After legging it down a long wide corridor, past the reception. stopping off at weaponry to stock up (good feature) sleeping quarters and living quarters should be together, split with mezzanine floor.

orbital room & heist briefing room perfect next to each other.

But what a load of pointless space on the other side..... All those servers, then about 20 non functioning work station area..... with a little kitchen area.

(Lose this whole section completely)

Edited by ferguson99

AStiffBreeze

They should've added an Armoury where you can easily buy all ammo and body armour. I would've happily paid for that upgrade if it saved me having to trek to Ammu-Nation all the time.

PkUnzipper
IMO how to make this more immersive so players will WANT to constantly return to playing (aka LIVING) here:

1. If you have multiple business (CEO, gunrunner, I/E, biker etc) give players a facility upgrade option to centralize all their business into ONE tidy centralized HQ. This is an irreversible decision and only affects a single character slot. It would allow players to trade in their separate business (say at 95% trade in cost since irreversible decision) and add these business areas to different parts of the over sized IAA facility. Because now, you've got a purpose wasting time walking to your Biker meth lab area--instead of aimlessly roaming around getting lost in the facility....

For players who DON'T care for #1 and/or want better use for practical and RP game play purposes, R* should consider:

2a. Make the fake doors actually GO somehwere. :facedesk: Use the doomsday facility as a Nexus that connects it to ALL your existing business properties. i.e. Making one of those useless doors actually CONNECT down a physical hallway to a specific CEO business you have in game. Like your doomsday garage connecting directly to the hangar/biz office of your Gunnrunning DLC. Or one of those many fake doors in your office/living area connecting to your CEO office, or your I/E garage office.

2b. Add element of unpredictability. Hell, throw in a nice surprise and connect a number of those fake facility doors to random exterior/interior map locations. Like to the hidden mine shaft (where Golden Gun Treasure Hunt was). Or to the secret exit in the Mt Chilliad pass where Act III begins. Or to any part of the existing underground subway map. Or that waterway near the marina yacht club. Hell even underwater, near the entrance where the HL heist finale exists. If they could find a way to randomize such exits everytime you login to a game session, that would add a lot of fun and unpredictability to the game. Because you never know where your PC could end up. If door exits underwater, they could drown if not equipped with scuba suit. If exit in city, they could get killed by griefers and other players for wearing said scuba suit. etc etc. That would also keep the griefer troll guessing where to ambush players who come online as well IMO.

2c. Make use of golf carts in this facility? Mr_Noob made an excellent point about this. If any facility was in dire need of said carts, it would be this one. LMAO. And if you go with the single upgraded utility that combines all your business into 1 HQ, then this feature would be extremely handy.

2d. Don't get me started on the complete lack of Sims/Fallout/TES Skyrim ability to interact with your facility environment. Being able to store convenience store food in the static fridge/cupboards. Being able to take health packs from the bathroom area. Being able to use bathroom mirror to change your PC appearance limited to 1X every game session. Being able to use the toilet/bath like show to increase health bar and PC hygiene/appearance. Little things like using appliances i.e. stove/microwave to heat/cook food, so you can store it for later use in a firefight. Would it have killed R* to at least add coffee and tea stations around the facility? So players can interact with them, drink coffee/tea and energize/heal themselves? How about adding a healing feature whenever you player sits down and/or RPs lying down in bed? It looks like they may have removed the healing RP feature from the bed. Lying down for several game minutes no longer seems to heal your PC, remove bruises.

2e. What if players could interact with office assistants. Like tipping them GTA$ in game or giving them a bonus from your CEO computer. Then your assistant would return the favor by sending you a one time text every game session. A text that gives you invaluable intel. Like on the health and defense stas of a real player currently in session. Whether they're in free roam or on a heist/mission. Personal spy intel like how much armor the player is carrying. Or what their health bar is etc. You could use that info to timely take out a rival CEO or start a gang war with your bodyguards/associates. Or just be a prick and grief players in the lobby minding their own business...

JEEZUS . :r*:. Basically GIVE players like me a practical reason! to use this ridiculously overpriced facility--that is just one notch above the bunkers because of the OC upgrade IMO. Because the shiny new toy feeling has apparently worn off based on comments in this thread. Sounds like ppl are now experiencing FATIGUE trying to navigate around this behemoth IMO... :facedesk:

3. Actually making that useless and under utilized PC workstation area useful? Seconding the suggestion this area could be put to better use. Example set up a mini game scenario that generates say $100K+ daily that allows:

* Player to hire NPC hackers using CEO computer in their living quarters area.

NPC hackers will show up between work hours 8am to 5pm and use the terminals to passively generate income for player. The more NPC hacker employees you hire, the more passive GTA$ revenue you can make per hour

* The amount of hourly/daily money you can make depends on the NPC employee skill set when you hired them on your CEO computer. The NPC applicant pool randomly changes each game week. So you must constantly check applicant hiring pool weekly to optimize your earnings. And need to be strategic when hiring NPC workers since you can't immediately fire them until a week later--where they may end up cost you $$$....

* When hiring NPCs, you get their resume (similar to the SP heist). You get to make a decision what the optimum set of NPCs would make you most money. After 1 game week, you can fire any NPCs you change your mind about from the heist board (or your CEO computer).

* Player has upgrade option to add sleeping quarters for hacker employees. This upgrade lets NPC employees live at the facility and so work around the clock. But with an added twist. To max your passive income generated, you need to figure out how to make your NPC hackers work around the clock. But you're limited to the following:

* NPCs can only work 8 hr shift every game day (aka an 8hr cooldown time). If they have living quarters in your facility, they can work a 12 hr day. If they don't, they'll leave at the end of their shift. More NPC living upgrades = higher productivity = more GTA$ per day. HOWEVER

* You initially only have room in your facility to house 25% of your new workers. BUT with option to strategically increase this living accomodation to 100% over time -- at increasingly HIGH upgrade cost. So for every 4 workers you hire: if 2/4 have sleep facility upgrade then 1/4 works first 12hr shift. Trades sleep space with 2nd NPC who works the next 12 hrs. Which leaves 2/4 NPCs who will clock in every 8 hrs on their shifts. So your cool down period drops from 8hr to 4 hr every day. This productivity (and your passive generated income) can be optimized as you add more living quarters for NPCs, hire and fire NPCs on weekly basis. Basically, you've added a challenging biz tycoon mini game to make say over $100k+ cash daily without the need to leave your facility. Which can be a blessing in the griefer fueled chaos that free roam has devolved to. And a nice addition for those players who prefer lone wolf/Invite Only sessions to make money.

* You have option to stagger NPC work schedules. Like hire 1 live in NPC at start, then hire 3 more to report to work 8hrs later. So these 3 NPCs will start work in the 9th hr 1st NPC working. And these 3 NPCs will still be working when 1st NPC goes to bed at end 12hr shift. So you always have NPCs working around the clock. When 1st NPC goes to bed, But one of these will switch places with the 1st original worker who was sleeping. S for every 4 workers you hire, 2/4 NPCs work regular shifts and leave for day. But 1/4 can sleep for 8hr in your facility while #2 is working. Then these 2 NPCs swith. Many ways in which to hire/schedule NPCs to optimize income daily.

* You can increase NPC living space to 100%, but it come at a high upgrade expense cost AND after 75% upgrade, forces you to trade in another upgrade facility space (like garage, cannon etc). However, if you change your mind, this decision is 100% reversible--but at a very high cost....

* You have to pay these NPCs employees daily the way you do with your office assistant and mechanic employees. So balance their paycheck with their productivity level

So the challenge to you the player, is the option to become a better biz tycoon. Try to stragetically hire/fire/retain the best NPC staff to generate at least $100k+ cash flow in passive income daily. But strategically hire/replace employees who will work around the clock by finding a way to optimize their work/living space etc. That would be a nice sandbox activity addition to the daily challenge. Especially now that you've nerfed Securom trucks

4. Your heist/organization members or invited friends can now also use those NPC terminals to play

* a mini video game and generate $$$ per hour for player or

* use terminals to spy on other players (the way the TV works) or

* use terminals the way vanilla computers work in the game

Edited by PkUnzipper

PNutterSammich

You can fit the entire bunker in the facility garage yet of the two, only the bunker gets golf carts.

The facility is an amazing looking apace but that's about it.