1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Custom plates missing from LSC + iFruit orders never work

lxr

A few days ago, all my custom plates disappeared from the menu at Los Santos Customs. When I make an order via iFruit, including a plate, the notification arrives in-game, but is ignored at LSC. In fact, this is true for any iFruit order - so goodbye painted stock wheels.

Does anyone else have this issue? Has anyone found a fix? Unlinking and relinking my PSN account on Social Club didn't help.

R* support ticket: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/preview?id=11662032

• Like 1
Gridl0k

AFAIK losing the ability to use custom plates is related to being marked as a duper. You can get a false positive if you have an old custom plate on multiple cars and that plate is no longer in ifruit.

Not an expert though. You might have better luck at 7s if it is related to that dupe code. Or in FurryMonkey's iFruit thread, they know it well.

I would first try signing out of SC online, and in iFruit, and back in again though.

eta - missed that you already relinked stuff.

Edited by Gridl0k
JustCallMeNiko

The first answer you got is the right one.

1) You sold too many dupes or have dirty dupe plates in one of your garages.

Or

2) If you never duped any cars you must have an old custom plate on one of your cars that you deleted from ifruit.

I promise 1 of those 2 is the cause of your issue. R* support will likely send you a generic reply that explains the same thing in a more convoluted way and makes you reset your game settings for no reason.

• Like 1

Or

2) If you never duped any cars you must have an old custom plate on one of your cars that you deleted from ifruit.

I promise 1 of those 2 is the cause of your issue. R* support will likely send you a generic reply that explains the same thing in a more convoluted way and makes you reset your game settings for no reason.

In fact, almost all of my cars have the same custom plate, which I made on day one of GTA online, and this plate can't even be deleted from iFruit.

The problem seems to be that selling a few cars that have this plate triggers the "dupe detection", even though the cars are 100% legit.

_Sprocket_

What the others have said is correct. I had this issue when Gunrunning released. I have never duped, but I sold too many cars too quickly. There is a thread somewhere that mentions the "Cool Down" period for selling.

If I remember correctly, it didn't take more than about a week for my plates to return. Lesson learnt, but frustrating whilst you are waiting. Maybe open a ticket to explain that you were not up to no good. Honest mistake and all that?

What the others have said is correct. I had this issue when Gunrunning released. I have never duped, but I sold too many cars too quickly. There is a thread somewhere that mentions the "Cool Down" period for selling.

If I remember correctly, it didn't take more than about a week for my plates to return. Lesson learnt, but frustrating whilst you are waiting. Maybe open a ticket to explain that you were not up to no good. Honest mistake and all that?

Yes, I've first ran into this after the Gunrunning Update. Lost access to my original custom plate, but could still make and use additional ones.

It's not an "honest mistake". The game gives me no information whatsoever about these "cool down" periods (other than "only one street car in 48 minutes"). Am I supposed to lose access to my weapon wheel if I use the gun locker more than six times a day? This looks like a typical R* f*ckup: trying to catch cheaters and breaking the game for legitimate players.

• Like 3
  • 2 years later...
Amber Starfield

I think this just happened to me... I did hit the sell limit twice over last weekend.. Now have no access to custom plates. Re-ordering them through iFruit app does nothing, I get a message that plates are ready, but they do not appear in Los Santos Customs. If they want a daily sell limit fine, but they should not punish people for reaching it.

Amber Starfield

Update: I got a reply from R* support, it was the copy / paste “verify game files..ext..ext”. Has anyone else lost access to their custom plates due to hitting sell limits? I have never duplicated a vehicle and don’t even know how. All I did was sell common street cars in between missions to supplement income a little. 

• Like 1
Gridl0k

^ There's no sell limit on street cars, unless you put them in a garage (ie made them a PV) first.

• Like 1
Amber Starfield

I verified game files and responded to support that the problem still exists. Hopefully my access to custom plates is restored soon. 
0a9cf9da686b8100ba5bdb0a64ef0fe1.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
Viewbob
On 12/28/2017 at 6:43 PM, JustCallMeNiko said:

Or

do you know if theres a fix for 2? thats the exact one im having

whywontyoulisten
On 1/1/2021 at 5:00 PM, Viewbob said:

do you know if theres a fix for 2? thats the exact one im having

I managed to fix a deleted plate on my first character by creating/ordering the same plate for a car on my second, but it was several years ago, and I recall it took several tries.