2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

LongLiveJojo

GTA VI Set In Detroit

Hmmm nice bike

That would be a nice stage for a game as GTA but the game would be pure Black gangsters. In Detroit there are no much foreign mafias and gangs. Pure Blacks and drunk Whites. I prefer Los Santos (again), San Fierro of Vice City. Even Las Venturas.

This is actually true.

Hence why I’d prefer Chicago to be included because it’s got a good ethnic mix of gangs.

This. While I do think Detroit is a potentially good location for GTA with it's rampant crime and violence together with the ethos of the city's decline from grace with the fall of the automotive industry can be great material for Rockstar to satirize on, but Chicago is a more interesting locale that's larger in scale while maintaining the dreary, industrialized Midwestern atmosphere of Detroit. Chicago simply has a much more interesting history relating to organized crime. The Chicago Mob, the Gangster Disciples, Latin Kings, the amount of homicide killings and burglary, the corrupt gov't and police force, and even more. Chicago is known to be the most violent and gang infested city in America, with murders reaching one of it's highest numbers back in 2016.

Chicago has more reach for pop culture references, more iconic and popular architecture, and a larger variety of ethnicity with a large portion of Asians, Blacks, Latinos, Italian-Americans, together with Whites. While I am not dissing or shaming Detroit, I just find more potential with a Chicago-based setting.

Pretty much. Chicago is the much bigger and more diverse city. Several million people compared to Detroit's couple hundred thousand, and plenty more gangs (which Trump constantly brings up during speeches like if he's gonna take care of it). If any Midwestern location gets in a GTA game as a main city, it's going to be Chicago. Detroit may or may not come second if they did multiple cities (personally, I always thought Chicago and Detroit in the same game is kind of dumb since Detroit is really far away from Chicago, it's not exactly across Lake Michigan which is what I think some people have the idea of, Detroit sits on the completely opposite side of the state of Michigan along a river and borders Canada, but then I guess LA and SF and Vegas are really far from each other in real life and all got shoved together in SA).

Stoked_dude

Seems a little bit too boring and bland for a GTA title in my opinion. It has a downtown area and burned out suburbs. It's a very cool location for a game focusing on a smaller map, but I don't think it suits a GTA title.

Aquamaniac

How about Detroit and Indianapolis and a large rural landscape in between?

Edited by Aquamaniac

Hmmm nice bike

What's even in Indianapolis? No offense to anyone who may live there, but that's basically a generic city without much of any character to it. Not really GTA material. Detroit on its own wouldn't even be that good for GTA (but I agree with Stoked_Dude that it'd make a good location for some other type of game, but not one that relies on a diverse or famous location like GTA).

Edited by Hmmm nice bike

MuffinMcFluffin

Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C. If not revisiting an old city/set, make this happen. Would be a great tri-city map.

Now, why does this thread exist? When I saw it with plenty of replies, I figured this was leaked/official. How is this any different from the other thread?

Aquamaniac

What's even in Indianapolis? No offense to anyone who may live there, but that's basically a generic city without much of any character to it. Not really GTA material. Detroit on its own wouldn't even be that good for GTA (but I agree with Stoked_Dude that it'd make a good location for some other type of game, but not one that relies on a diverse or famous location like GTA).

The speedway.

pete1499

Detroit could be a really interesting city in terms of level design i think.

Journey_95

Detroit is one of these locations I would love to see in GTA or any properly done open world crime game. Bankrupted city with barely working municipal services and extremely high crime rate would make perfect location for a video game. Places like Hamtramck with its polish immigrants, closed down car plants, trailer parks and districts full of burned down or taken down buildings would create a great atmosphere for such a game.

Problem is that some people would cry again it's dark, grey and boring, though.

Yeah and its a sh*tty complaint to make really I mean what is Rockstar supposed to do, only have sunny cities from now on in GTA? Now that would get boring as hell..

I would love to see the GTA version of Detroit or Chicago.

Edited by Journey_95

Hussein Sonic

There is Detroit in R* world , name is Carcer city.

Carcer City is based on Detroit...

YellowJacket

Oh hell yes, Detroit would be an awesome location for this kind of violence.

Tao Cheng

GTAVI Detroit should have Vice City's asset system with over 9000 safehouses to choose from and own 2 of the businesses buildings that are the only one that's running in the city.

knoteven

eh. I am over this BS gangbanging stuff. I want organized crime back. hoping gta 6 is mafia focused.

Verdant
Posted (edited)

I'm all for it. Would love to see it set in Detroit.

Edited by Verdant

Sinner!

If R* were to set VI in a gritty & dark location, I would rather they just go full on The Wire & set it in Baltimore.