Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,209 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Femme Fatale

Which cut songs do you wish were kept?

Femme Fatale

Title says it all.

Of all the songs that were removed from LRR, Hot and Nasty by Black Oak Arkansas is the one that I really wish was kept.

It's so dirty(gotta love those humping noises Jim Dandy makes near the end), and kinda funky. Also, it would've been perfect BGM for when Niko got hot and nasty with his girlfriends, and hookers. :sly: And pretty much every song removed from K109 The Studio should've been kept. :)

Oh yeah, there's also this one that was removed from Channel X.

Although it's understandable why it was removed, it doesn't fit in with the other songs on the station.

So what about you guys? :)

Yinepi

GTAV:

Golden Earring - Radar Love

Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World (Why Rockstar, why!?)

Rainbow Arabia - Blind

Miike Snow - Animal

GTAIV/EFLC:

UNKLE feat. Josh Homme - Restless (Again, why!?)

Edited by Yinepi

Ondr4H

All songs removed from Vice city and San Andreas in anniversary editions.

jaljax

Gta III

Derrick May-Kaotic Harmony

Vice City

Big Country-In A Big Country

Blue Oyster Cult-Burnin For You

Gta IV

The Rolling Stones-Fingerprint File

Gta V

Tear's For Fear's-Everybody Want's To Rule The World

JRC99

GTA III

Derrick May- Kaotic Harmony

Vice City

Blue Oyster Cult- Burnin' For You

San Andreas

I think Today by the Smashing Pumpkins was cut, wasn't it?

GTA IV

Nazareth- Changin' Times

GTA V

Staind- It's Been Awhile (I'm a huge Staind fan- Don't care what anybody says)

Hmmm nice bike

Cut from Vice City, but they should really use this as the theme song for Red Dead Redemption II

This track is included on the European version of Vice City's Flash FM CD and yet not in the game itself (more than likely a song they cut from the final release)

Terrc87

GTA III

Derrick May- Kaotic Harmony

Vice City

Blue Oyster Cult- Burnin' For You

San Andreas

I think Today by the Smashing Pumpkins was cut, wasn't it?

GTA IV

Nazareth- Changin' Times

GTA V

Staind- It's Been Awhile (I'm a huge Staind fan- Don't care what anybody says)

No, Today by Smashing Pumpkins is out in 1993 and GTA SA timeline is 1992 which is kinda unfitting to SA timeline. I think Today wouldn't fit in any station radio on SA (even tho in Radio X aims the same genre as TSP but the song is not fit very fell on Radio X because Today is somewhat a "mellow" song) but I'm glad that R* put 1979 on Liberty Rock Radio.

GTA VICE CITY:

Lionel Richie - Running with the Night (they cut it for PC version of the game, what a shame)

Edited by Terrc87

Tao Cheng

Nightride FM... was that even a real station?

Also Restless (Liberty Rock) for GTAIV.

Femme Fatale

Nightride FM... was that even a real station?

Nah, Kavinsky made it up for media attention.

Tycek

While I don't wish for any particular song to be kept in the game I really would love to see Pre-Millennium Radio (PMR) to be kept in GTA V. It's hard to say what the overall quality of the station would be, but these few songs from bands like Mansun, Staind, Travis, Nine Inch Nails and Oasis really gave a hope for one of the best radio stations in the whole series. So much great songs were simply cut to be replaced by weak VBR, which is one of the weakest stations, not even close to Radio Broker, which it tried to emulate.

Hmmm nice bike

While I don't wish for any particular song to be kept in the game I really would love to see Pre-Millennium Radio (PMR) to be kept in GTA V. It's hard to say what the overall quality of the station would be, but these few songs from bands like Mansun, Staind, Travis, Nine Inch Nails and Oasis really gave a hope for one of the best radio stations in the whole series. So much great songs were simply cut to be replaced by weak VBR, which is one of the weakest stations, not even close to Radio Broker, which it tried to emulate.

One of the songs that would have been on PMR

Better than anything on the replacement, Vinewood Boulevard Radio, because the game really needed another indie station besides Radio Mirror Park (the better of the two "hipster" stations, even though the name of that station is a ripoff of Radio Broker. Way to go, I guess they'll name every hipster station "Radio-" followed the neighborhoods the hipsters live in, just like how they'll name the classic rock stations after the city and add "Rock Radio" after it, how original of them).

Verbal Soze

Well for me they should've kept these songs in GTA V

Oasis - It's good to be free

Duran duran - serious

Crowded house - it's only natural

Wilson philips - hold on

Stereophonics - Mr.writer

The charlatans - The only one i know

Ram jam - Black betty

Tame impala - Solitude is bliss

Confunkshun - ffun

Warren G - Regulate

2Pac - How do u want it

CoolMods

> Warren G Regulate

> 2Pac how you want it

They cut these off? I'mma cut their skin off. (JK)

Edited by CoolMods

Letus

Here are some songs what I wanted to be added in GTAIV/EFLC. Not all what I want, but some of them.

The Rolling Stones - Under My Thumb

VHS or Beta - Burn It All Down

UNKLE feat. Josh Homme - Restless

Louis La Roche - Love

Cassie - Me & U

Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl

Bob Marley & The Wailers - Get Up, Stand Up

Dyshi – Взгляни на небо

Tame Impala - Half Full Glass of Wine

Tubeway Army - Bombers

The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin

Motörhead - ace of spades

Lock n' Stock

God, VBR was utter sh*te. I can't think of a single time I could listen that station for more than 30 seconds, so weak. PMR would have been great, but alas, another good feature cut by R* for reasons unknown.

Plenty of good songs cut from radio stations in the series in general. Vice City FM from EFLC particularly comes to mind for me, like this list.

Belouis Some - "Imagination" (1985)
Billy Ocean - "Caribbean Queen (No More Love on the Run)" (1984)
Club Nouveau - "Lean on Me" (1986)
Culture Club - "Time (Clock of the Heart)" (1982)
Go West - "We Close Our Eyes" (1985)
Morrissey - "Everyday Is Like Sunday" (1988)
Tears For Fears - "Head Over Heels" (1985)
Edited by Lock N' Stock

Hmmm nice bike

God, VBR was utter sh*te. I can't think of a single time I could listen that station for more than 30 seconds, so weak. PMR would have been great, but alas, another good feature cut by R* for reasons unknown.

Plenty of good songs cut from radio stations in the series in general. Vice City FM from EFLC particularly comes to mind for me, like this list.

Belouis Some - "Imagination" (1985)
Billy Ocean - "Caribbean Queen (No More Love on the Run)" (1984)
Club Nouveau - "Lean on Me" (1986)
Culture Club - "Time (Clock of the Heart)" (1982)
Go West - "We Close Our Eyes" (1985)
Morrissey - "Everyday Is Like Sunday" (1988)
Tears For Fears - "Head Over Heels" (1985)

An in-game poster advertisement for Vice City FM claimed that Tears For Fears and Go West would have songs in the game, but I didn't know which were cut. "Head Over Heels" is an excellent song. Seems as though they also had trouble licensing "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" for V. Although, to be honest, I'd rather see that track in a Vice City-style rags to riches story. It'd suit a game like VC or SA so much more than V.

Also, as it was discovered in the GTA V beta thread, this song was cut from LSRR in V.

I have no idea why they would even include this on Los Santos Rock Radio, but evidently there's dialogue for Kenny Loggins to announce this, plus several other 80s pop songs (including "Party All the Time" by Eddie Murphy, which ended up on Space 103.2). They were damn confused about what they wanted LSRR to be. They really should have just had an oldies pop station similar to Vice City FM and stuck all of the 80s pop tracks onto it. That way, Non Stop Pop would be 100% modern pop for the people who enjoy that, and LSRR wouldn't see as many people complaining about tracks like "I'm Free" by Kenny Loggins not being hard enough for a rock station.

Lock n' Stock

I have no idea why they would even include this on Los Santos Rock Radio, but evidently there's dialogue for Kenny Loggins to announce this, plus several other 80s pop songs (including "Party All the Time" by Eddie Murphy, which ended up on Space 103.2). They were damn confused about what they wanted LSRR to be. They really should have just had an oldies pop station similar to Vice City FM and stuck all of the 80s pop tracks onto it. That way, Non Stop Pop would be 100% modern pop for the people who enjoy that, and LSRR wouldn't see as many people complaining about tracks like "I'm Free" by Kenny Loggins not being hard enough for a rock station.

Wow, 'Physical'? Really?

LS Rock Radio sounded so confused. On one side you've got them playing poppy soft-rock like "If You Leave Me Now" and "Higher Love", then next minute they're blasting out "Photograph" by Def Leppard. It probably should have used more metal and had the more pop-like tracks moved to a VCFM-like 80s station, where alot of the tracks from Non Stop Pop could have gone as well.

Speaking of which, NSP FM was even worse in this regard. The way that it transitions between 80s new-wave/synthpop, new-millennium dance/house and modern pop/R&B is very jarring. It's almost as if they had multiple ideas for stations but in the end just decided to cram them all into one. Once they extended the track-list in the updated versions however, I begun to appreciate the variety more.

Edited by Lock N' Stock

Hmmm nice bike

LS Rock Radio sounded so confused. On one side you've got them playing poppy soft-rock like "If You Leave Me Now" and "Higher Love", then next minute they're blasting out "Photograph" by Def Leppard. It probably should have used more metal and had the more pop-like tracks moved to a VCFM-like 80s station, where alot of the tracks from Non Stop Pop could have gone as well.

Speaking of which, NSP FM was even worse in this regard. The way that it transitions between 80s new-wave/synthpop, new-millennium dance/house and modern pop/R&B is very jarring. It's almost as if they had multiple ideas for stations but in the end just decided to cram them all into one. Once they extended the track-list in the updated versions however, I begun to appreciate the variety more.

This is honestly what I always thought happened with the game's soundtrack and radio stations. They had ideas for 80s pop, 90s dance music, and modern pop, but couldn't license enough tracks for each individual station or couldn't decide which they wanted to settle on, so they just went "f*ck it" and made an all-in-one station for those and stuck the rest on LSRR if they felt it had a slight "rock" sound to them. To be fair, there is a radio station here similar to Non Stop Pop FM that plays a mix of pop from the last 30 years or so (looking at what just played, they had songs by Kenny Loggins, Maroon 5, P!NK, and Madonna in the last hour) so while it could be an emulation of a station like that, these types of stations also don't play 90s Euro-house, and going by what was found in the files, it seems as though they switched many tracks around different stations. Worldwide FM is known as "jazz" in the files, but there's only like 2 jazz tracks on that station (probably left over from an actual jazz station that may have existed at one point in development, but all they could license were those two tracks).

Lock n' Stock

This is honestly what I always thought happened with the game's soundtrack and radio stations. They had ideas for 80s pop, 90s dance music, and modern pop, but couldn't license enough tracks for each individual station or couldn't decide which they wanted to settle on, so they just went "f*ck it" and made an all-in-one station for those and stuck the rest on LSRR if they felt it had a slight "rock" sound to them. To be fair, there is a radio station here similar to Non Stop Pop FM that plays a mix of pop from the last 30 years or so (looking at what just played, they had songs by Kenny Loggins, Maroon 5, P!NK, and Madonna in the last hour) so while it could be an emulation of a station like that, these types of stations also don't play 90s Euro-house, and going by what was found in the files, it seems as though they switched many tracks around different stations. Worldwide FM is known as "jazz" in the files, but there's only like 2 jazz tracks on that station (probably left over from an actual jazz station that may have existed at one point in development, but all they could license were those two tracks).

Our own Ash_735 made a good post regarding this that seems to clear things up. Clearly they went through alot of ideas for stations but had trouble adequately organising the songs.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/904830-your-opinion-on-gta-v-radio/?p=1070074621

Edited by Lock N' Stock

CoolMods

Pop That - by French Montana.

It was cut from GTA V's Radio Los Santos.

Edited by CoolMods

CarsonGT

From GTAV:

Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know

Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody

Randy Crawford - You Might Need Somebody

Dr. Dre - Let Me Ride

UB40 - Red Red Wine

Cranberries - Linger

Funkadelic - Nation Under A Groove

These songs I recently found out where cut by listening to radio DJ comments. You can see the full list of the new cut songs somewhere on the GTA V beta thread, but these are the songs I personally am very disappointed of being deleted from the game. Not to mention some of the songs that have been found in the radio ID file:

Mansun - Wide Open Space

Staind - It's Been Awhile

Travis - Side

(Damn R* for cutting PMR)

Estelle - American Boy

Timbaland - The Way I Are

Superman Lovers - Starlight

Warren G - Regulate

What a shame....

Edited by CarsonGT

Femme Fatale

I forgot about this one, waaay better than Command.

unbid

From GTAV:

Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know

Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody

Randy Crawford - You Might Need Somebody

Dr. Dre - Let Me Ride

UB40 - Red Red Wine

Cranberries - Linger

Funkadelic - Nation Under A Groove

Any idea which stations are these songs designated for? Really intriguing if the Alanis Morisette and Cranberries one are for PMR (but I most likely think those are for NSP).

Edited by unbid

CarsonGT

All (except for Dre, Crawford, Funk) were supposed to be on LSRR.

Gtaman_92

From GTA V

2Pac- How Do You Want It

Warren G- Regulate

Tears For Fear- Everybody Want's To Rule The World

Estelle- American Boy

Edited by Gtaman_92

unbid

All (except for Dre, Crawford, Funk) were supposed to be on LSRR.

Just saw your posts on the V beta hunt thread, and it surprised me that LSRR is much more diverse than before, playing mostly 60's until 90's song from all genre. Perhaps NSP was more of a 2000's pop station back then.

SeroH

Self Actualization FM:

• Erik Wøllo - "Monument" (1990)
  • Pete Namlook - "You (1st Impression)" (1993)
  • Spacetime Continuum - "Voice of the Earth" (1994)
  • Coldcut - "Autumn Leaves (Irresistable Force Mix Trip 2)" (1993)
  • System 7 - "Masato Eternity" (2008)
  • Moby - "My Beautiful Blue Sky" (1993)

All those songs are masterpieces :(