Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,375 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Donatello

So how was 2017 for you?

Donatello

2017 was the year that Donald Trump, the most hated politician in U.S. history, became president and we had to hear 2,000 more sexual allegations against him.

Kim Jong-nam and Ali Abdullah Saleh are assassinated.

Park Geun-hye is impeached and removed.

The Patriots won the super bowl AGAIN.

Lots of Good movies, video games and technology came out.

The cancerous Emoji movie came out too. Condolences to Popeye fans.

Hip hop is dominating the music charts again like it did in the 2000's.

Less celebrity deaths than 2016.

ISIS are disbanded.

Memes such as "wot in tarnation" and "cash me outside howbow dah" became popular.

Less politics and media than 2016, and Trump dominates the news.

Overall, it was a better albeit more boring year than 2016. Better because of less celebrity deaths, less terrorism and less annoying media stories (except for things like Trump's "fake news"), and other obvious reasons, but more boring because of no Olympics, etc since this is an odd-numbered year.

2017 was an improvement over the train wreck that was 2016.

Femme Fatale

Aaron left me five times. But other than that, it was aight.

Edited by Femme Fatale

Argonaut

I don't really think 2017 has been so different from 2016, for a lot of this year has had significant continuity with tying up issues in the last. I would be tempted to roughly take 2014-2017 as it's own arc which has been particularly 'intense'- not to say it won't be in 2018 (Trump is still around, etc), but it will be reduced or in a noteably different form.

Edited by Argonaut

Audi

Great f*cking year personally. Trying to buy a house in 2018, that was my only goal this year I didn't meet.

If you don't let celeb deaths and pop culture dictate every aspect of your life like a massive retard life is good.

Politics wise it seemed like an extension of 2016.

Edited by Audi

AiraCobra

I think I can sum it up for most people.....Meh we've lost a great deal of awesome people this year

Edited by Ai®aCob®a

Mr. Scratch

sh*t, probably going to be sh*ttier next year.

Sanches

I've never liked to be that negative and i've always looked for the best memories in such questions. But now i'll say that 2017 sucked personally to me.

Driving school tried to screw me over multiple times, got a cut salary on my previous work place (well, tbh it was a funny story, but im the one to blame), found a bug nest under my table, being sick for 4 months with unknown thing with the liver, got detained by the police for the 3rd time, almost got my left thumb cuted off and other minor problems.

Edited by Sanches

Skeever

It was a pretty fantastic year. I went from being a NEET to getting a stable income, enrolling in college, moving into my own place, obtaining a driver's license, buying my first car, starting to get fit, etc.. Life has been pretty good.

That's to say nothing of politics, of course. In terms of entertainment, this year was definitely less exciting than 2016, with the Russia hysteria and Trump jokes getting old, and most of the memes being downright sh*t. Nevertheless, it looks like we're slowly starting to get back on track as a society, which is great. It seemed like we were regressing into a pit for a while there.

Star-Lord

Landed a lucrative job, my youngest turned 3 and I didn't f*cking win a GTAF award again. Seems about right. :p

GrudgefromSanAndreas

Well, let's see:

Good thing - Snoop Dogg released Neva Left

Bad thing - Worms Armageddon is still not abandonware (apparently on this site it's free but i don't really trust it as it's the only "free" link available, at least on first few pages)

:pp

EDIT: forgot to mention the awesome album Spirit by Depeche Mode

Edited by GrudgefromSanAndreas

Big_Smiley

Was pretty meh tbh. Nothing really special seemed to happen this year for me. Just like every other day. Get up, go to work, get home. Most other times, visit some family, Hang out with old friends have a drink or two, travel with gf here and there.

Like i said nothing really special. Just what i do most these days. Looking foward to 2018 though. Few good things happening this coming year :^:

Politics just getting worse, like always.

Music blessed us with a dope as f*ck Kendrick Lamar album.

Gaming is a mixed bag, many outstanding titles that easily deserve 9.5/10 status or even a masterpiece that went down as one of the best games I've ever played (Nier Automata). On the second hand, lootboxes and anti consumer practices made it a horrible time to be a gamer.

Movies was pretty meh.

My life was the same old sh*t.

Synthol

A mixed bag.

xxi

first half was probably the sh*ttiest. a lot has changed, saw new sides to people I didnt wanna see etc. september is my fav month this year cos I got to see g-dragon on his solo tour. I'll never forget it.

I reached a milestone but I still have a way to go, mentally.

Edited by xxi

Flachbau

It's been pretty sh*t

Jimmy

2017 was better than 2016. I got my first job in the corporate sector. Got a scholarship to purpose post-graduation in Cali, bought my first cruiser, dumped my crazy ex and overall had a great time with friends & family. Hopefully 2018 is even more better.

E•MO•TION

Well...

- Walmart rolled out its new 'Way of Working' program and as a result of the restructuring, I was promoted to Department Manager with only a year of backroom experience. Shortly thereafter I was allowed to transfer to the sales floor as a Department Manager. I mean, I inherited a complete clusterf*ck of a sh*tshow, but it's my teammates that keep me going. They're literally some of the best people I've ever worked with and the only reason I haven't rage quit yet lol

- My manager(s) approved a two-week vacation during 'blackout month' so I could take advantage on what could have very well been a once in a life time opportunity - that being the chance to travel coast to coast by train for a mere $150. Given the success of the Canada Youth 150 Pass, here's hoping VIA Rail offers some sort of discounted pass next summer as well. Maybe not for $150, but......

- I bought a car to coincide with my transfer to Customer Experience sh*tshow and the wacky shifts that come along with it. As a financially responsible person, I opted for a 2018 Mazda3 GT. :turn:

I just realized that everything I do is in one way or another connected with Walmart...

10/10

Edited by E•MO•TION

Goldn-Bayse
For me personally, this year was great!

• I finally learned how to drive and can drive myself to school now (which is in another city).
  • I've lost some weight and eating healthier now.
  • This past school semester was great and I'm looking forward to the next
  • I played some amazing games this year that I'll remember for a long time
The only things that turned out meh or went bad was the fact that I lost contact to most of my friends from high school (I felt that it was inevitably going to happen)

make total destroy

Simultaneously more and less difficult than 2016

Tyler

It's hard to look at the year in review and get a total summary of it, for me. There are, inevitably, innumerable changes that will define my life for years. Another 1.3% of my life has passed me, and I have a lot of good and some bad to show for it. The biggest thing that comes to mind is that I fell in and out of a romantic relationship with a very close friend. I'm still reeling from that one a bit, and the end of it colors the previous 10 months in a different way.

On the plus side, I've got a lot to show for this year. I'm advancing quickly in my career. I've moved to a new city, which I am in love with. I've climbed a few mountains, camped out more, met some fantastic people. I've been mulling over the last year of my journal entries with the hope that I will be able to pull something together and figure out what I've been needing most out of my life, and then act accordingly. The next year will, hopefully, bring more personal fulfillment than this one.

On the global scale, there's a lot more downright tragic things going on. At least honey bees extinction is looking less likely, though.

theNGclan

Garbage. Absolute f*cking garbage. Worst year of my life thus far.

Constant K

glass half empty half full

Turned 25 this year so couldn't expect better tbh.

Banks.

It's been a sh*tty year for me.

Omoplataha

Work, play games, work repeat repeat... And a car crash that f*cked up my neck.... And did not miss a single day of work because summer vacation was coming up in a month (what a dummy I was) and curse on why the feeling was going away from my arms.

Then work some more after vacation... See some bullsh*t where words have no meaning (like politics) and start hating live even more... There's my year summed up

unopieceo

Good and horrific. Broke up with a long term GF, (4 years) been through 5 different jobs, found one I really loved and made great friends with everyone there before getting fired over an absolutely bullsh*t reason. I would go to fair work but unfortunately since I was on probation they didn't even need a reason to fire me. Went to a lawyer and everything but I've been told I have no options. My supervisor who got fired over the same incident got paid out 3 weeks and is now taking them to court expecting a nice settlement. Found a some girls I really liked before it ended over various reasons. Spent an obscene amount of money because of how well I was being paid but am now left with no housemates, no job and bills coming in (I do start with a different company in the same position in mid Jan but until then Im struggling.) Made a large amount on cryptocurrency but I'm holding on to that till late next year at least, had some amazing nights out and some nightmarish ones. I'm kind of on a low right now, I have a large house I now need to pay rent on all on my own as everyone moved out just before Christmas for different reasons, my car died yesterday morning, and had a long talk with a girl I was seeing and really into disagree on something quite fundamental and have decided to part ways for now. Lost close friends and gained others. Just way too many great highs and severe lows. Its been the hardest year of my life and I'm praying 2018 is a bit more stable for me.

way over sharing but im drunk and f*ck that company and f*ck the police. this is why I got fired. Merry Christmas.

nfnSzFg.jpg

Edited by unopieceo

Personal

Not bad at all.

I've cut a bunch of bullsh*t people off that had it coming for a while, hopped in and out of a few jobs throughout in the year and got a small bit of money stashed from that.

I've decided to get into an apprenticeship next year (IDK what yet though) instead of working the whole time as you get more out of that.

Bought a bunch of nice sh*t, a couple more pairs of Air Jordan's I've been after for years, strengthened up a few relationships with a handful of relatives and friends also.

2018 is gonna be the one.

Edited by Unruly

ProKiller93

just like 2016

DoctorMike

it was f*cking bad...

Domand

I would say this year was a the start of a new era. Could be good and bad. 2016 was a big controversial intense year we’re we saw the start of new things that started and continued to take effect in 2017. Plenty of good and bad things have gone on in the past 12 months but here is hoping 2018 brings even better.

Darkshadows

Hip hop dominating the charts? sorry man but all of this mainstream crap isn't hip hop for me, i don't know what it is but it definitely isn't hip hop :^:

On topic: this year for me was a big pile of dogsh*t.