Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,362 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

ash-274

Facility Strike Teams

Cutter De Blanc

With the cooldown being short on these services and a large bank account I can pretty much lock another player down somewhat without having to leave the Facility.

Bounty
Strike Team
Lamar
Merryweather
Orbital Cannon

And if that doesn't work it's boss battle time for the enemy as I get in my Akula

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

ash-274

I still remember calling a mugger on a guy that was terrorizing a lobby in a tank (late 2013) and the mugger appeared in a crowd of NPCs, so he didn’t see him and the mugger ran up and yanked his butt out of the tank then drove off with it. Player is chasing the guy on foot as all the other players converged to seek revenge on him for costing them thousands by blowing up their PVs. He tried going Passive, but this was PS3 where cars still killed Passive players.

Shadowfennekin

I just wish we could call 14 to summon them.

It would be so useful to call the cheap ones on somebody pursuing your sale vehicle for instance. Like I did with Merryweather mercs to help get my MC's trucks/vans out of LS and into the non-hostile area of BC.

I honestly only used them once... completely forgot about them until now. lmao

Cutter De Blanc

I don't really care how effective these guys are. One of my favorite things to do is just send goon squads out after people. I feel like one of those big shot super-villains with my own army of henchmen

kingpin-4.jpg

AStiffBreeze

I've used the 'FREE' strike team four times now against griefers, and had four kills. Having observed on the screen, the goons in the cars might only be armed with pistols, but the car loads just seem to keep coming and coming. When you factor in that the target is likely to get stars as well, and have the cops coming after them too, they eventually just get worn down. Admittedly I haven't used them against super high level guys, but the targets have all been level 80-170.

I wonder if there's a car limit, or a time limit on the strike team?

WillProx

What you'll see after your goons is done with the target? And will this kill count in statistic? (don't care about k/d, just interesting)

AStiffBreeze

What you'll see after your goons is done with the target?

The screen just goes black the moment they die.

Cutter De Blanc

I haven't ever used the free strike team, I always spend the 5k for better armed goons

No Homing

It doesn't count as a kill, why does everybody act like it does?

AStiffBreeze

It doesn't count as a kill, why does everybody act like it does?

I think most people don't really care about KDR (either theirs or anyone else's). They just like the part where the griefer dies.

DentureDynamite

IMO setting regular bounties on someone is still the most effective method compared to the rest.

I've had a Strike Team sent after me, and they were very persistent--more attempts (at least 7-8?) made on the player than the generic Mercs, and they come slightly better equipped/armored. (Note to self: get screenshots next time).

But(!) they still lack a means of attacking the player in either the water or the air. That should be fixed if R* really wants to improve them--would be a piece of cake to do (just switch the Merryweather "Backup Helicopter" already in-game to attack you in a Buzzard, instead of defending you.)

That said, they're still pretty easy to beat if you're in a decent location and/or have a minute or two to get ready for their arrival. RPGs FTW. They're about at the level of the NPCs that attack you when doing Import/Export missions.

If you want to have some fun with them, just head for the nearest police station the second you get the notification, and get the LSPD on your side. Kick back, get out the popcorn, and sell tickets to the ensuing carnage. lol

...just don't try and "help" the cops, or they'll turn on you. :)

Edit: Just noticed there are

of Strike Team:

1) Send a Strike Team equipped with pistols to hunt down a target of your choice. (Free)

2) Send a highly skilled Strike Team equipped with Special Carbines to hunt down a target of your choice. ($2,000)

3) Send a highly skilled Strike Team equipped with Special Carbines and Assault Shotguns (geez) to hunt down a target of your choice. ($5,000)

Edited by DentureDynamite

DentureDynamite

You know what would be way better then upgraded mercenariness?

A better mugger.

Looking at the game right I wouldn't be surprised if next dlc gives us AAI ufo (the one that spawns in SP over FZ)

Just imagine it - It could abduct a grifer (even when he's inside a vehicle) to a random place on map, with no car, no clothes and compliantly drunk (they could reuse Trevors animations).

Would love to see something like this--where if a player is on top of a building, the mugger parachutes out of a plane, and attempts to take out the player.

Might be a bit of a challenge for R* to script (seeing as NPCs have their limits, won't say what they are--evasion secret lol), but would be a blast to watch even if it failed. ;^D

I've used the 'FREE' strike team four times now against griefers, and had four kills. Having observed on the screen, the goons in the cars might only be armed with pistols, but the car loads just seem to keep coming and coming. When you factor in that the target is likely to get stars as well, and have the cops coming after them too, they eventually just get worn down. Admittedly I haven't used them against super high level guys, but the targets have all been level 80-170.

I wonder if there's a car limit, or a time limit on the strike team?

There is some kind of limit criteria (either time or cars destroyed), as they sure didn't stop me, but they were persistent! lol They actually get annoying, unlike the Mercs which typically give up after 4-5 tries or so.

Cutter De Blanc

I'm not sure how many show up, I remember once I sent some out after a dude, and then forgot about it, and like 15 minutes later I see the notification that dude was killed by my Strike Team

Foreverpast

I just got done chilling in a session for about and hour & a half, in my facility while letting my bunker stock build.

Helped out a fully occupied Biker Organization for most of the time, kept dispatching the free squad on players who engaged the group.

9/9 deployments of the free strike teams were successful in killing their targets.

From a lvl 27 trying to engage the organization in CQ gunfights, to a lvl 430 whom was on foot/ground vehicles.

However if a player whom I was lashing out at was using an Oppressor or aircraft, I'd Bounty them instead to put extra heat on them for the whole lobby.

Called the mugger a few times too; swiped around $3,200 off one player, chump change yeah but it got him distracted from attacking the Biker group.

In short, it all comes down to how you plan to use the strike teams.

IMO after personally having some serious/heavy use of them:

Free/ST1: Use for general perstering of players on foot or in ground vehicles, great for assisting an organization that you're sympathetic to.

There's some type of bug still where depending on your menu & phone use, there's no cool-down after dispatching a ST1.

ST2 or ST3: If you have some serious grudge against a player, or if you absolutely need to keep a player occupied/help someone else that they are fighting.

Also, ST3 teams are an excellent way to put the pressure on ground based business deliveries, supply runs, I/E, etc

Edited by Foreverpast

Da Elite Ninjah

lol.. so these are the red dots that sometimes suround me in de freemode...

mrgstrings

You do not get the money from the bounty when they kill the target, correct?

Cutter De Blanc

No, it's not your kill, it's theirs

Foreverpast

I do hope later on in this game or the next that R* expands on it.

For example 2 additional levels:

- Level 4 Strike Team: $7,000: Uses 2 Buzzards Attack Helicopters/Sniper Rifle Passengers: Can Claim Bounties

- Level 5 Strike Team: $10,000: Uses 1 Insurgent Pickup & 1 Savage Attack Helicopter: Can Claim Bounties: Counts For Target's K/D Deaths But Not Your K/D Kills.

Edited by Foreverpast

DentureDynamite

^^ lol I agree wholeheartedly (surprised this didn't exist from day one).

...but(!) the more I think about it, the more this would be like fighting the (slightly better-equipped) LSPD. ;)

LordLoff

So is there any point using these? I mean you gotta go all the way back to your facility before you can order a strike and by the sounds of it they are pretty weak?

I prefer to call the merry weather attackers from my phone... they never get a kill but if you are PvP against someone they provide an annoying distraction, especially if they are on an Oppressor or in an aircraft as it will distract their auto lock on missiles.

I use the free ones all the time, not so much for their effectivness but because the cinematics allow me to watch what the target is doing long before the team arrives, I can change camera angles and see every little step they do, on foot or flying aaorround or grieffing the lobby

But the best thing is to use the speaker mic, say their names loud and start teasing them by describing exactly their vehicle, clothes and each action they take, it freaks them out how someone not close in the map knows exactly what they are doing step by step

I have a good time of entertainment and sometimes even learn new tricks from watching tryhards operate in secret against other players or how people use their weaponized vehicles

And all of this on the free strike, free entertainment

Edited by LordLoff

Foreverpast

So is there any point using these? I mean you gotta go all the way back to your facility before you can order a strike and by the sounds of it they are pretty weak?

I prefer to call the merry weather attackers from my phone... they never get a kill but if you are PvP against someone they provide an annoying distraction, especially if they are on an Oppressor or in an aircraft as it will distract their auto lock on missiles.

I use the free ones all the time, not so much for their effectivness but because the cinematics allow me to watch what the target is doing long before the team arrives, I can change camera angles and see every little step they do, on foot or flying aaorround or grieffing the lobby

But the best thing is to use the speaker mic, say their names loud and start teasing them by describing exactly their vehicle, clothes and each action they take, it freaks them out how someone not close in the map knows exactly what they are doing step by step

I have a good time of entertainment and sometimes even learn new tricks from watching tryhards operate in secret against other players or how people use their weaponized vehicles

Shouting out "There's one to your left!!!!" at the player as your strike team then engages them. lol

^^ lol I agree wholeheartedly (surprised this didn't exist from day one).

...but(!) the more I think about it, the more this would be like fighting the (slightly better-equipped) LSPD. ;)

Knowing R* though they'd end up overdoing it/ruining it.

Like eventually we'd have:

Level 10 Strike Team: 10 Juggernaut NPCs with Mk2 Explosive Round Pump Shotguns, riding in Kurumas, will target a player for 30 minutes, regardless of what the player does or how many times they die. The deaths of targeted player by the npcs counts towards their death k/d AND towards your kill k/d, claims the bounty with a bonus 3x $ effect, & the targeted player must pay insurance on any of the npc Kurumas that they destroy. $20,000 deployment cost, refund if the target player leaves the lobby before timer ends.

I mean I'd still use such a strike team to just F with people from time to time, but yeah it could easily be overdone by R*.

Edited by Foreverpast

LordLoff

Hell yeah, I could pay 30K instead of 20K, for some real douchebags

Foreverpast

Hell yeah, I could pay 30K instead of 20K, for some real douchebags

30K = Level 15 Strike Team : NPC squad uses an Akula with explosive Mk2 Heavy Sniper rounds in it's guns to hunt target player for 1 real hour.

The strike team will continue to "jump" sessions/following target player until the target player surpasses the 1 hour timer via gameplay. lol

Edited by Foreverpast

Cutter De Blanc

Interestingly it seems you can watch people with this even if they have their settings so that people can't spectate them

Forza Harrd

It's fun to do with headphones and a mic on. Listen for that smartass who never shuts up. They're hilarious.

But I've had mixed results too. One time the free strike team killed a guy in a Deluxo with a head shot when he flew too low. Then another time the target killed the first wave and stole the armored Enus and went on a wild chase across half the map (but they killed him eventually).

LordLoff

Interestingly it seems you can watch people with this even if they have their settings so that people can't spectate them

From the moment you launch the strike until the team is either successful or all dead, you watch everything that happens, all centred on the target player, sometimes for 15 mins

If the target gets killed by other or the police it ends right away and you have 5 min cool down for next victim, that can be again the same player

If the target enters home/hangar/bunker it ends also but on that case there will be no cool down time for the next free strike

The best is to search the regular map and choose folks hat are moving slow on foot cause the fast straight-line movers are in planes and can not get reached but you will see it all anyway, very very voyeuristic

Flyin_Japman

I'm liking the Strike Teams so far. I mostly send the free ones, against low level players. Pretty effective. Assuming my target doesn't get killed by other players first. It's funny watching them try to fight back or run only to see them stagger and the screen cut to black. Wish I could have a better view angle and watch for a few seconds after the kill. Maybe if I put a TV in my Facility, I could send a team, then watch them on the TV?

SHOKKERZ91

Useless, just like the merryweather-goons. Either im in a aircraft anyway or i just choose the easy way out as soon as they spawn. I can just advice you to not waste any money on it. If you really want to use it, take the free one.

AStiffBreeze

Useless, just like the merryweather-goons.

I've found the free strike team to be way more effective than the Merryweather mercenaries. Whereas the mercs are usually only useful as a brief distraction, the free strike team seems to be really good at wearing the target down if they're on foot, particularly because they'll generally get the police involved too. On top of that, they just keep coming and so keep the target annoyed/distracted for far longer.

Edited by AStiffBreeze

The First Hunter

Reading the posts in this thread, it's making me buy the Security Team upgrade (Haven't bought it because i didn't see the need)

Unrelated: How many damn waves does the MC Mark for death has?

I once left my friend's MC to invite him to my Org and gang burritos just kept on coming!