2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Is GTA Online REALLY that bad now?

Goku Black

Currently level 273. Play on Xbox One. I never really played GTA back in the old pre-CEO days and what not. But people talk about the griefing and stuff and hyper-militarization of everything and like, I still enjoy the game a ton. I don't ever grief, my main gimmick is collecting sports and super cars and coloring them nicely, although I am starting to want to get more military vehicles and stuff. But IMO GTA is not really as bad as everyone says it is...I know that it sucks to get cargo and MC stuff destroyed but there's a lot more that's good about the gamd than bad.

It's not that bad, especially if you are willing to change sessions until you find a reasonable one.

Well, it's PvP aimed now. And PvP is really bad in Online, so...

Edited by Sanches

In my opinion, no. Hunters, jetpacks, Rustlers, etc. - that's all old San Andreas stuff. Now we've got most of it back, or stuff close to it. A lot of people only joined around IV, and assumed that's what GTA was and is. It wasn't, and isn't.

But of course people will still b*tch at me for not singing V's praises enough. And these people in turn spark other people to b*tch about the game so as to set them off. Nasty circle that's been going for ages. Does make some funny drama at times though I guess.

I do think the pricing is pretty terrible though. Not going to lie on that. And we do need boots with jeans, and so on.

This thread will probably be deleted or at least locked. I wouldn't take it personally - it's just not going to head anywhere good.

Edited by Happy Hunter

If you like it, do what I do: Ignore the complainers & work around issues personally encountered.

Despite its problems, it's definitely not as bad as some people make it out to be.

afriendlyreddot

Been playing since October of 2013 and still going strong!

I will add however that it takes a good deal of patience and practice to navigate freeroam successfully, but you get out of it what you put into it essentially..

AsphaltTrench

Despite me being constantly attacked by people for the lzzzz, I still quite enjoy Online.

Yellow Dog with Cone

The game is not that bad if you find a good crew to play along, believe me, it helps!

Dragon_Of_Tragedy

I hear doing any job in a full public lobby is terrible. I wouldn't know,NAT FTW.

• Like 3

It's still okay - it's more just R*'s decided (apparently) to make Freemode even more antisocial than it was back in 2013-2015, while drastically cutting back on PvE, character personalisation, car variety (at least until recently), etc. And all while ramping up the prices, and nagging on at everyone to commit to the high-end/pseudo-military stuff - because if you don't like/want things like bunkers/hangars/facilities, too bad, because you'll get constant spam about it until you fork out the $1 million or more needed for each of those.

Thing is, minus a couple of things R* removed, the game has largely stayed the same for me - I can basically do everything I could back in 2015 just fine. Trouble is, that's largely all I can do, and my personal GTAO experience has been in stasis for over two years, because expensive weaponised gimmicks and PvP Freemode organisations aren't my thing. :/

Smooth Longsack

I make a solid living in freemode. You lose some but win most. I save for items that ease my freemode jobs and elevate my pvp status. Ymmv

• Like 2

If you like it, do what I do: Ignore the complainers & work around issues personally encountered.

This. Make the game what you want it to be.

As I and many have.

Arrows to Athens

As I and many have.

What if someone wants it to be a cancerous PvP lag switch DDos mod fest?

We have to draw the line somewhere, don't we?

• Like 6

I don't think so. There are many different modes and toys to play with, there is something for everyone. Of course they could fix and tweak a few things but I still enjoy playing and love that they are still updating regularly.

Edited by Starkoji

Arrows to Athens

I dont think so. There are many different modes and toys to play with, there is something for everyone. Of course they could fix and tweak a few things but I still enjoy playing and love that they are still updating regularly.

I'd rather them fix the game and balance car classes, for example, than add more military meme vehicles, to be honest, but maybe I just need to get off my high horse?

• Like 3

they already have gtao pc version for that...
  • Like 4

Arrows to Athens

they already have gtao pc version for that...

Yes, but he said that you should make the game what you want it to be. Does that mean the modders and cheaters get a free pass because of this logic?

Yes, you are able to mod on PC and not on consoles, but just because you are able to, does that mean it's justified? By the way, lag switching and DDos exist on consoles, so my point still stands.

Edited by Arrows to Athens
  • Like 2

As I and many have.

I meant within reason. There are 83 bitch and moan threads. Why make this 84?

• Like 5

Play on Xbox One.

There's your explanation.

While I'm sure it isn't all rainbows and smiles on the consoles, I guarantee you that PC is ten times worse when it comes to freeroam.

Arrows to Athens

As I and many have.

I'm just pointing out the error in your logic. Where's the bitch and moan? I can say that you're bitching and moaning about me bitching and moaning then, no?

• Like 5

It's now Saints Row, Battlefield, and Infinite Warfare combined.

Enjoy.

No.. it's Grand Theft Auto... it's always been whackey... difference is now they have a graphics engine to make it whackier still :D

In my opinion GTA IV was the odd one out for being rather un-whackey, as for weaponised vehicles they've been in GTA games since before Saints Row was thought of lol

• Like 1

Lonely-Martin

May I suggest one says what he means in the first place to save this crap happening?.

But of course, this is what you do man.

Deliberate.

Edited by KWF1981

No you are pointing out the differences in our opinions. Only haters seem to think their opinion is fact. This will be my last response to the peanut gallery.

Apparently I was wrong. Try as you might the game will never be Batman or little big planet.

Amazed I had to state the obvious.

Arrows to Athens

It's now Saints Row, Battlefield, and Infinite Warfare combined.

Enjoy.

No.. it's Grand Theft Auto... it's always been whackey... difference is now they have a graphics engine to make it whackier still :D

In my opinion GTA IV was the odd one out for being rather un-whackey, as for weaponised vehicles they've been in GTA games since before Saints Row was thought of lol

Well, they do seem to be copying trends from Battlefield, Saints Row, Infinite Warfare, etc. Heck, they even copied the upcoming Crew 2 with the transform races. lol.

No you are pointing out the differences in our opinions. Only haters seem to think their opinion is fact. This will be my last response to the peanut gallery.

Apparently I was wrong. Try as you might the game will never be Batman or little big planet.

Amazed I had to state the obvious.

Uh, no, I'm pointing out the flaw in your logic, but okay.

I am really bored to be engaging this. It's opinion not logic.

kwf. You ask me to explain what I mean. I said make the game what you want it to be.

Further explanation isn't needed.

• Like 2

Lonely-Martin

This will be my last response to the peanut gallery.

May I also suggest, if one is going to frequently post (elsewhere) for players to not insult him, or others on these forums.

Practicing what one preaches, no?.

Be reasonable. Make your point. And then discuss, if wanted, beyond that.

• Like 2

Make the game want you want it to be is up to the individual. Pardon for the peanut gallery comment. Considering I have received death threats I consider it pretty tame.

• Like 2