Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,603 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Hot Pursuit

What is your opinion on GTA V

Your opinion on GTA V  

120 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion on GTA V

• A beautiful, amazing, well-written, masterpiece
    • A good GTA game
    • A good game, but average for GTA game
    • A game with a lot of unused potential
    • A bad game
    • A game with a lot of flaws
    • A flawed masterpiece with unused potential

Aquamaniac

I think it is both a beautiful, amazing, well-written, masterpiece and a game with a lot of unused potential.

I really liked the plot but it was kinda short, a lot of the rural areas have not been used for the single player campaign which is a pity.

The map is outstanding, a gigantic virtual playground, I guess the multiplayer has what the single player lacks, haven't played online so far.

Cutter De Blanc

This city desert makes you feel so cold,

It's got so many people but it's got no soul

And it's taken so long, to find out you were wrong

When you thought it held everything...

Journey_95

A good game game but still lots of wasted potential. The story is just messy as hell (too much FIB/Merryweather bs instead of focus on real criminal organizations, most heists are underwhelming because you aren't doing it for yourself etc.), physics wise it feels dumbed down from GTA IV and the multiple protagonists system feels more like a cheap gimmick.

It lacks some good meaningful side content as well, f*ck Yoga. The humor feels obnoxious as well at times. The antagonists are some of the worst of the series. Haines is ok (but not that threatening), but Weston, Cheng and Stretch are garbage. Also f*ck what they did to Johnny & co., worst written sh*t I have seen yet in a Rockstar game.

The open world is fantastic though and fun to explore (Rockstar is just superior to everyone else in that regard) and many missions are a lot of fun. And I like Michael and Trevor as the protagonists & their relationship is very well done (carries the story for me). Still hope GTA VI is better..

Edited by Journey_95

StarFyer

To me GTA 5 is a very good game that didn't reach it's full potential to be an amazing game.

Darealbandicoot

Great potential to be the best gta ever created before being sodimized and murdered by GTA Online and its Shark Cards.

Lock n' Stock

As one of the poll choices says, a great game with alot of missed potential unfortunately.

Smokewood

It's the only GTA game I have ever played, so to me, it's a beautiful masterpiece.

Would love some story-mode DLC.

Story-mode blows online away - it isn't even close....

Online = grinding for cash to buy things you don't really need.

Le biatch

It's the only GTA game I have ever played, so to me, it's a beautiful masterpiece.

I don't see how its different from story mode as far as "grinding" to get sh*t. Other than the story, what exactly is the appeal?

And how is it different from any other game? At least in online, you can be YOURSELF. And honestly, what would be funner than playing with REAL people and making a story about YOU?

Timcatgt5

If there wasn't a permanent gamebreaking glitch on the PC version that prevented side missions such as the wildife photography challenge, stock car racing or random events from spawning (even if I uninstall it it's still there), GTA V would be behind San Andreas and IV on my list.

There's no doubt that it has the best graphics, a variety of mods and good arcade vehicle handling, but it's been ruined because I can't find a solution to the problem.

I selected "a game with a lot of flaws".

Smokewood

I don't see how its different from story mode as far as "grinding" to get sh*t. Other than the story, what exactly is the appeal?

And how is it different from any other game? At least in online, you can be YOURSELF. And honestly, what would be funner than playing with REAL people and making a story about YOU?

When was the last time you played story-mode?

The map is much more alive, has more NPCs, random events, animals, weather, better graphics, etc...

The map actually "feels" alive compared to online.

Journey_95

You don't really grind in the storymode though, I mean this isn't like Mafia 3's SP where you just repeat sh*t again and again just to progress. Instead we have cinematic story missions with good characters.

Real people who are mostly 12 year old kids and are annoying. The grindfest style is no fun at all and the world feels less alive too.

And the Online protagonist is basically Claude with even less backstory, not really myself. This isn't an RPG where you can really decide how your character is (via dialogue options, choices etc.).

Cutter De Blanc

And honestly, what would be funner than playing with REAL people and making a story about YOU?

Not playing with real people and enjoying a story someone else wrote.

Just because it's fun for you doesn't mean it's fun for everyone. I don't get how this is some incredulous concept. "What could be funner than that?" Well, a lot of things.

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Le biatch

And honestly, what would be funner than playing with REAL people and making a story about YOU?

Just because it's fun for you doesn't mean it's fun for everyone. I don't get how this is some incredulous concept. "What could be funner than that?" Well, a lot of things.

Well I guess you could try the director mode and have fun with that of you haven't done it before. Have you unlocked all the characters for it?

I know it is not alot of fun to have to deal with real people and their sh*t so I understand why you are scared of the experience. Online really isn't for everyone. You gotta have tough skin to deal with that and all the grievers.

Of course, you could play in a solo room with no-one bothering if that helps 😉

Smokewood

Well I guess you could try the director mode and have fun with that of you haven't done it before. Have you unlocked all the characters for it?

I know it is not alot of fun to have to deal with real people and their sh*t so I understand why you are scared of the experience. Online really isn't for everyone. You gotta have tough skin to deal with that and all the grievers.

Of course, you could play in a solo room with no-one bothering if that helps

I don't think you get it.

I like the online game, it's awesome...

However, story-mode blows it away.

Perhaps in the future if they add a lot more cities, established some sort of true progression, and added in story-mode like content it will catch up.

Le biatch

@Smokewood

I understand you sir. What I find interesting is the rdr2 delay and the confirmation that this game will continue to get updates. Which should be very exciting because we could possibly get story mode dlc. Shawn Fonteno made more mo cap scenes for a reason.

Smokewood

@Smokewood

I understand you sir. What I find interesting is the rdr2 delay and the confirmation that this game will continue to get updates. Which should be very exciting because we could possibly get story mode dlc. Shawn Fonteno made more mo cap scenes for a reason.

That would be great except my story-mode is currently bugged / glitched / broken.

It has happened to me twice now at different progression points.

I get to a point where there are no more quests available on the map even though the characters have numbers on their faces in the character wheel.

I searched around and lots of people have this issue and it seems as if the fix is to just log in to story mode and wait till someone send me a text to continue.

I started the game over twice now, and even uninstalled and reinstalled.

I'm on xbox1 if it matters to anyone.

Journey_95

@Smokewood

Dude SP DLC is not happening anymore. Shawn Fonteno made more mo cap scenes years ago, they were clearly scrapped in favour of more Online bullsh*t.

Rockstar even confirmed a few months ago that SP DLC was planned at first but then cancelled because they had too much other work (basically they focused on GTA:O instead).

Le biatch

@Smokewood

Dude SP DLC is not happening anymore. Shawn Fonteno made more mo cap scenes years ago, they were clearly scrapped in favour of more Online bullsh*t.

Rockstar even confirmed a few months ago that SP DLC was planned at first but then cancelled because they had too much other work (basically they focused on GTA:O instead).

We don't know that. There has not been official word from R* so there is still hope. And I'm pretty sure you don't work for them so you are not for certain.

It might have happened earlier if the people looking through all the code would have left the sh*t alone but it seems there are those that like to ruin the fun for everyone else. I wonder why they haven't tried breaking into the online servers for answers to whatever it is they are looking for.

Journey_95

@Smokewood

We don't know that. There has not been official word from R* so there is still hope. And I'm pretty sure you don't work for them so you are not for certain.

It might have happened earlier if the people looking through all the code would have left the sh*t alone but it seems there are those that like to ruin the fun for everyone else. I wonder why they haven't tried breaking into the online servers for answers to whatever it is they are looking for.

Dude, they already confirmed it: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/10/23/exclusive-interview-rockstar-discusses-past-present-and-future-of-grand-theft-auto-online.aspx

The fourth question is about SP expansions.

And lol, them cancelling SP DLC has nothing to do with people looking through the code..they did it because they wanted to focus on sh*tty Online. Stop being so damm naive.

Edited by Journey_95

D9fred95

Not to mention it would be rather ridiculous for R* to cancel DLC that probably costed quite a pretty penny to make just because some people found some code. Out of context code I'd like to mention, it's not like we knew what any of the code mean't back in 2015, Fun thought Cliffford was a town after all.

Le biatch

@ Journey

Who said they cancelled dlc cause of hackers? I said they had to focus on patching exploits that enabled gobs of in game currency to flood the masses. And everyone wonders why sh*t is overpriced..

D9fred95

@ Journey

Who said they cancelled dlc cause of hackers? I said they had to focus on patching exploits that enabled gobs of in game currency to flood the masses. And everyone wonders why sh*t is overpriced..

Um... you did.

Le biatch

Well isn't that how you usually get into exploits in video games? Im sure it wasnt just anybody getting into it and changing things around to make game currency.

And I'm not a valid responder for R* or anyone associated with them. Just pointing out the obvious. The code snoopers were trying their hardest to find answers to certain in game hints (jetpack) and hackers must have caught them off guard and R* had to change their focus on fixing the online servers in order to restore balance.

"It might have happened" is just my assumption.

D9fred95

The code snoopers were trying their hardest to find answers to certain in game hints (jetpack) and hackers must have caught them off guard and R* had to change their focus on fixing the online servers in order to restore balance.

I doubt it. Game development isn't cheap and I don't think R* would sink thousands, maybe even millions, into a DLC project just to scrap it all for no profit just because some dude found jetpack code. Honestly, I think Shark Cards are to blame. R* realized how much they could make for bare-minimum effort and rode that train to the station.

Le biatch

The code snoopers were trying their hardest to find answers to certain in game hints (jetpack) and hackers must have caught them off guard and R* had to change their focus on fixing the online servers in order to restore balance.

I doubt it. Game development isn't cheap and I don't think R* would sink thousands, maybe even millions, into a DLC project just to scrap it all for no profit just because some dude found jetpack code. Honestly, I think Shark Cards are to blame. R* realized how much they could make for bare-minimum effort and rode that train to the station.But you just said it yourself sir. Why WOULDN'T they do that. Well the answer? Profit. Online would make a whole lot more real money than some dlc that might not go well with the community because as we all know (and I'm sure R* knows this as well), we LOVE to bitch and complain about EVERYTHING in this game whether its good or not.

I applaud this decision because I stand my ground and say that WE (as in us) are part of the story no matter if we like it or not.

So in a way, they ARE giving us dlc and we will continue to whine and moan until we finally get the gist of it all.

Edited by Le biatch

D9fred95

But you just said it yourself sir. Why WOULDN'T they do that. Well the answer? Profit. Online would make a whole lot more real money than some dlc that might not go well with the community because as we all know (and I'm sure R* knows this as well), we LOVE to bitch and complain about EVERYTHING in this game whether its good or not.

I applaud this decision because I stand my ground and say that WE (as in us) are part of the story no matter if we like it or not.

So in a way, they ARE giving us dlc and we will continue to whine and moan until we finally get the gist of it all.

Dude, you're initial post was "SP DLC could be coming", went to "hackers are to blame", then "it wasn't hackers fault", now it's "why would R* go for Online?" I think you need to work on your position towards this stuff. Nobody doubts R* went the Online route for money. If anything that's one of the main criticisms towards Online as a whole, too much focus whereas SP gets none.

I don't get how we are getting SP DLC because "we're part of the game ourselves". Otherwise we could say GTA 3 got DLC on the virtue people still play it.

Le biatch

Because the simple truth is we dont know what the hell R* is going to do in the future unless they tell us in their newswire so YES story mode dlc could possibly still happen if they want.

And I fail to see how no one can get that WE are on the character wheel on the game, not just the other 3. So yes, WE are part of this story as well because we have missions that has us involved with Lester and since we know he pretty much is the center of this game, therefore confirming our part in the story line.

Wingate167

I had fun with the game, but would've loved to see the single player DLC come out.

However, this game is something for me because I was close to turning 30 when it came out and some of the older songs from Non-Stop Pop FM brought me back to middle and high school and college and made me think "Wow, I need to take more risks as I'm getting f***ing old". Then again, I wasn't a fan boy of any of the games fan bases so I didn't have much judgment for this game. I did take a lot of risks and the game got me out of my comfort zone in life.

anthony

"DLC is coming" "there is a mystery"

lmao-gif.gif

Edited by anthony

Le biatch

@Anthony

Laugh it up chucko. We have till october to see what they have in store for us. Doubting is the pathway to believing for the non objectionable 😉

Oh, and if you didn't know already, I'm the one that put the "mystery" thread in a stand still. Yes..I'm the "baby" with untethered emotion that showed everyone the Truth of the mural. And I could not be any happier to stop that madness.