1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

DarthMaster09

Are you concerned about Red Dead Redemption 2?

DarthMaster09

I'm a bit concerned about Red Dead Redemption 2 because of how Red Dead Redemption was. I know many people will disagree with me but I think Red Dead Redemption was pretty boring.

First and foremost, the missions. The missions were very repetitive just like GTA 4's missions. Most of the missions had to do with killing enemies. It was mostly a shooter. John Marston redeemed himself but he also killed a ton of people throughout the game. Red Dead Redemption had a really good storyline but the missions just didn't cut it for me. I found it so boring just shooting other enemies and using the gatling gun a lot. There was no immersion. GTA 5 fixed the repetitiveness that GTA 4 and Red Dead Redemption had. GTA 5 was such a fun experience because each mission was unique and didn't involve killing other enemies all the time.

I just really hope that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be like GTA 5 in terms of uniqueness and immersion, something that Red Dead Redemption didn't have. So far Red Dead Redemption 2 looks promising. From seeing the first 2 trailers, the ecosystem looks so much better than Red Dead Redemption's. The animals actually hunt each other down. In Red Dead Redemption, the wildlife were so lifeless and mechanical and you couldn't interact with them all that much besides killing and skinning them. Also, I think the storyline will be a lot less about killing other people and more about robbing banks, trains, threatening people, working together with your gang and gather as much money as possible in order to survive.

I think that Red Dead Redemption is one of the most overrated games in history. The world was very lifeless. There were a lot of bugs and the gameplay wasn't smooth. The coding was bad. You couldn't interact with the environment and other NPCs much. The filter was depressing just like GTA 4's. John Marston has a brute face and voice. I didn't find him likable at all. I think Arthur Morgan is better looking and is more interesting because he's a full blown outlaw. John Marston was too nice I find, and yet he still kills so many people!

This is why I'm concerned about Red Dead Redemption 2. I wasn't a fan of Red Dead Redemption. I have hope that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be more interactive and lively. I also hope that Red Dead Redemption 2 will have nudity and you can interact with prostitutes. Remember that Arthur is probably single so this feature would work.

In conclusion, Red Dead Redemption 2 will be successful, I can guarantee that. Will I like it? I have no idea but I'm confident I will. I just hope that you can fully interact with NPCs, wildlife and the missions are a lot more diverse and fun. I also hope that the world is much more than what Red Dead Redemption's was. All I did was ride my horse all the time and can't find anything fun to do besides the minigames.

Edited by DarthMaster09

hasidichomeboy

no. i am very excited for red dead redemption 2 and i am very sure it is going to be a fantastic game

RedDeadRenegade

Nah

Heidi McCourt

1. John was mainly killing people throughout the story because he was killing his former gang members new gangs. In order for john to get to the men he rode with in his old gang he had to kill there new gang for example Bill had his own new gang same with Dutch, and Javier. It wouldn't be much of a adventure to redemption without killing tons of people for the safety of your family, especially in the west when human life was not valued.

2. I agree that compared to red dead redemption and gta4 Grand theft auto 5 had some unique- ish missions but you cannot forget Grand theft auto V's boring filler missions. I know there weren't many of them but it was still a problem I hope rockstar fixes for this upcoming game.

3. Saying the game was lifeless shows that you probably didn't play the game or the story, The map was filled with random encounters, strangers and freak missions, side activities, beautiful interiors that you could explore... The list goes one but the game did have a few bugs here and there, This point that you made was kind of irrelevant based on how rockstars engine has upgraded drastically so I doubt bugs will be a problem. Something you brought up that I can defiantly agree with is arthur morgan being a better character than John, I feel that John was a great character and i like his neutral personality but Arthur seems more of a badass outlaw and it looks like he doesn't take sh*t from anyone, he seems like a rebel. I don't know maybe thats just my taste.

MostWantedMVP

HWEMHGQ.gif

Edited by MostWantedMVP

Gtaman_92

I know many people will disagree with me but I think Red Dead Redemption was pretty boring.

I had to stop reading after that part.

Yelda

No, I´m not concerned. In RDR I had no reason to complain ... a few things could certainly have done better, but that is whining at a very high level. It was perfect for the former generation of games. I didn´t play GTA V, but it is normal that it is more innovative, there were many more parts of GTA than RDR and it is also 3 years older ... a lot of time in the technical world. At least, rockstar has always evolved ... unfortunately you can not say that from many game developers. Many continuations are disappointing ...
I totally trust Rockstar to make RDR II even better this time. I'm not worried about the story or the gameplay. I thought it was really good in RDR, and it will be even better in RDRII.

But in one point I agree with you. Sometimes I didn´t understand John's actions either. For a former outlaw, he sometimes acted too good-naturedly almost naively. He was often too polite to idiots like Irish or Dickins ... although he was angry, but nothing more. I would have been long freaked out ... :devil:
John always wanted to help, even though it did not really need him to care ... he just got into trouble. I could understand his help for the Macfarlane or the marshal, but the mexican civil war?It was not his problem ... He could certainly have found Bill and Javier differently. I would have liked that we can understand that better.

He often believed in goodness, though it was sometimes so obvious that the opposite is a real asshole. Actually, he should have learned what happened to him at the meeting with Bill. He almost died and yet he trusts people like DeSanta?

Arthur will be different, hopefully more ruthless and violent, but still with some good characteristics. I hope he has a good sense of humor and is sympathetic in some way, but still so that you believe him the true outlaw ... and judging by the few-second-trailer it will be so. I finally want to rob banks, trains and stagecoaches ... without mercy and bad conscience. I hope that other characters can´t do whatever they want with him ... and if it gets too much for him. Who cares? Kill that bastard.

I've never thought about one thing, what often appears here in the forum. Maybe it's because I'm a woman... but I still can not get it in my mind that so many cry for nudity and whores ... What is so important to it? There is so much more significant .. that seems to be the most important thing in the game as it is repeated again and again.
I want to explore nature, rob people, hunting, mini-games and experience exciting stories ... maybe that's part of an outlaw life but I don´t need sitting in a saloon with a cheap, exaggerated make-up girl on my lap :ph34r:
When I need prostitutes than just for immersion. They can run around in street/saloon, making advances to the player, because of me, there may be some in the gang like Abigail. I also likeed to threaten them or putting on railroad tracks when they tried to fool me... sometimes I saved them. But other interaction? Got no interest. There seem to be a lot of yearning ... or wait ... I don´t want to know that exectly :lol:

Excuse the long text, but I can´t understand why you are worried?! Do not worry so much, just look forward to the game ;)

Edited by Yelda

D T

I know many people will disagree with me but I think Red Dead Redemption was pretty boring.

"Follow this AI with poor pathfinding as you clear a generic gang hideout."

Every mission.

Edited by D T

B Dawg

What's wrong with a game being mostly a shooter? :p

Yelda

What's wrong with a game being mostly a shooter? :p

Really? Hope you kidding? :p

If it is almost just a shooter ... then I can play other games. Sure shooting is fun, but

Rockstar presents much more than just shooter.

Edited by Yelda

MostWantedMVP

It's obviously just a troll post. Report it.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

BUT THE BENZ

OP: only read your 1st sentence. going by that you won't need to worry because RDR was pretty special and somewhat designed to a certain demographic. (especially since there was no ONLINE part to it which is set up to be the game you play in the end, and not the singleplayer campaign.) the way things go lately with R*, you will get a pow pow action singleplayer campaign and lots of lots of things to ONLINE. no boring bullsh*t like just riding through the west and enjoying the scenery.

this game will have to be the replacement for GTAO.

Edited by Noclue_42

Yelda

yes ... you're both probably right ... we're just spinning in the circle until new information comes.
every further word is wasted time

Jason

I also hope that Red Dead Redemption 2 will have nudity and you can interact with prostitutes. Remember that Arthur is probably single so this feature would work.

What is with peoples obsession with hookers in games man?

Darkshadows

The most famous aspects of the wild west are of course shooting, horses and love.

If i was you then i would worry more about kesh kurds and expensive/unrealistic sh*t for RDRO

Tupiz

I'm not concerned because of the reasons you said. However, I'm kind of concerned of how the micro-transaction scheme will affect RDR 2. GTA V's single player was completely neglected after micro-transactions were introduced.

Darkshadows

Oh yeah it's very likely to happen here too, maybe some time after release we'll discover that Rockstar planned to release another undead nightmare or something like that but cancelled it thanks to RDRO.

Even skynet would be better than this sh*t.

Runnin_Gag

I am very concerned about Red Dead Redemption 2, because I fear that it is going to be more like GTA 5 and therefore less like GTA 4 and Red Dead Redemption 1. :/

mombo2811

1. John was mainly killing people throughout the story because he was killing his former gang members new gangs. In order for john to get to the men he rode with in his old gang he had to kill there new gang for example Bill had his own new gang same with Dutch, and Javier. It wouldn't be much of a adventure to redemption without killing tons of people for the safety of your family, especially in the west when human life was not valued.

2. I agree that compared to red dead redemption and gta4 Grand theft auto 5 had some unique- ish missions but you cannot forget Grand theft auto V's boring filler missions. I know there weren't many of them but it was still a problem I hope rockstar fixes for this upcoming game.

3. Saying the game was lifeless shows that you probably didn't play the game or the story, The map was filled with random encounters, strangers and freak missions, side activities, beautiful interiors that you could explore... The list goes one but the game did have a few bugs here and there, This point that you made was kind of irrelevant based on how rockstars engine has upgraded drastically so I doubt bugs will be a problem. Something you brought up that I can defiantly agree with is arthur morgan being a better character than John, I feel that John was a great character and i like his neutral personality but Arthur seems more of a badass outlaw and it looks like he doesn't take sh*t from anyone, he seems like a rebel. I don't know maybe thats just my taste.

Filler missions?? like what?

I just finished replaying gta v for a 2nd time and none of the 69 main missions fleft repetitive or made me think "oh im doing this again" Hoping for the same to happen with rdr2 were we get more varied missions instead of the missions we had in gta 4 and rdr

Heidi McCourt

Filler missions?? like what?

I just finished replaying gta v for a 2nd time and none of the 69 main missions fleft repetitive or made me think "oh im doing this again" Hoping for the same to happen with rdr2 were we get more varied missions instead of the missions we had in gta 4 and rdr

I meant boring, heres why for instance in mission 17 where Trevor, Floyd, and Ron go to the docks to obtain a brief case with some sort of info I don't remember what was in it but it connected well with the Heist. Moving the crates around for a good 30 mins was not fun. Im not saying the games bad in fact its my favorite game to date, Im just saying GtaV had a few boring missions, well I mean it still makes sense with the story so ill cut them some slack. Also your right Gta V had the most variant missions out of gta4 and rdr, I'm sure we will see that in rdr2.

Edited by Heidi McCourt

GTAFanClub

Simple answer: NO

-Captain-

I mean being a little bit concerned/cautions won't hurt anyone.

I do expect we get a great game. Even though it's their first after the whole GTA Online fiasco, but I've never felt truly disappointed by any of their titles that I've played as of yet. I don't have high hopes for the online experience, but I doubt the singleplayer experience will be lacking. Might be wishful thinking, but we just have to see :)

Johnny Spaz

I'm more concerned if R* will be able to follow up to the masterpiece that was RDR. I just hope they don't pull a GTA V and focus more on the multiplayer.

~INDIO~

Heidi Mccourt... Oh God I was thinking that the girl in the trailer was her. I hope not cos that'll mean.. well

KGBeast

I am concerned but I'm concerned because I love Red Dead Redemption and the Rockstar of the past four years is very clearly not the same company that released it. I'm concerned we'll get a weak single player then years of down time bolstered by microtransactions on endless online content most of which can't be accessed in single player anyway. Trying to hold out hope V and Online were just a fluke and things like Leslie departing threw a wrench in the works and after RDR2 we'll see their release schedule pick up again but as of now I'm pestimistic.

Merry Christmas, gtaforums.

Rammer2k

I'm concerned mostly on how the Online part is going to be. Is it just gonna be a clone of GTA but set in the Old West? Are prices gonna be insane cause of Cactus/Cattle/Tobacco Cards? Hopefully Rockstar takes some of the criticism of GTA and makes a better Online game.

Heidi McCourt

I'm concerned mostly on how the Online part is going to be. Is it just gonna be a clone of GTA but set in the Old West? Are prices gonna be insane cause of Cactus/Cattle/Tobacco Cards? Hopefully Rockstar takes some of the criticism of GTA and makes a better Online game

Ok first and foremost stop comparing GTA online to RDR online, i know they are created by the same people and all but they are two completely separate games. Meaning they will operate completely different. A Rockstar employee stated that in RDR online there will government bonds, if you don't know what government bonds are they are basically like shark cards you buy in game money using real money. Im fine with THAT form of micro transactions because its not on the same level of f*ckery as loot boxes or something along those lines, Id much rather have bonds than full on loot boxes. Heres where you sound kind of dumb, around the late 1800's to the early 1900's the economy was very different. money was very scarce, so one hundred dollars would be around 3 thousand dollars during that timeframe. So for you to say that the prices will be insane I'm guessing for DLC items, guns, clothes etc is kind of dumb because large amounts of money was not common during the old west making those items obviously cheap. What I'm saying is that things will not be priced at an insane amount of money because the items were most likely very cheap at the time... unless if its something reasonably expensive like a gantlet gun on a wagon or something. Don't worry about Online like that, as it won't be the main attention of the game, as the same Rockstar employee stated.

Rocket-74

My only real concern is how immersive the online is. Some of us are still playing, and enjoying GTA online after 4 years. Will RDR2 be able to keep us interested for that long. I truly hope so. I know this may upset a lot of people on this forum, but I honestly couldn't care less about the SP campaign. It's the online I'm holding out for.

Sleepwalking

My only real concern is how immersive the online is. Some of us are still playing, and enjoying GTA online after 4 years. Will RDR2 be able to keep us interested for that long. I truly hope so. I know this may upset a lot of people on this forum, but I honestly couldn't care less about the SP campaign. It's the online I'm holding out for.

I am really curious about online mod too but I guess it won't be charming as GTA Online considering timeline of the game.

Heidi McCourt

Well I'm sorry to tell you that SP is going to be supported more in RDR2, due to the timeframe many items cannot be pushed out for DLC so R*'s going to have to push SP DLC out to make up the money. I already talked on this topic before to another guy in depth so if you wanna know why here http://gtaforums.com/topic/871536-undead-nightmare-2/page-2 .Also why I'm so sure SP will be the main focus is because a Rockstar employee said that Online will be supported but SP will be the main focus, which makes sense and personally I'm excited because of this I love SP experience's, especially when Rockstar games is making it. Of course online will have shiny DLC for people like you that love online every now and then but SP will keep this game alive, unlike GTAV.

Edited by Heidi McCourt