Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,696 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

terrytheman947

Why do people say CJ is based on 2pac?

terrytheman947

I've been hearing so many people say that CJ was based on 2pac and I simply don't see it. Aside from the fact that CJ looks nothing like Pac, their lifestyles are completely different and not similar to each other. Plus 2pac wasn't a gangbanger who grew up in the hood and CJ never had any interest in making a change in politics. So I don't understand why people say that CJ is based on 2pac when both their looks and lifestyles are clearly different from each other.

Jack Lupino

I've been hearing so many people say that CJ was based on 2pac and I simply don't see it. Aside from the fact that CJ looks nothing like Pac, their lifestyles are completely different and not similar to each other. Plus 2pac wasn't a gangbanger who grew up in the hood and CJ never had any interest in making a change in politics. So I don't understand why people say that CJ is based on 2pac when both their looks and lifestyles are clearly different from each other.

I have never heard anyone comparing CJ and 2pac. I think OG Loc or GSF gang should be compared to 2pac.

CJ is Young Maylay.

Edited by Jack Lupino

Helegad

CJ is not based on anyone in particular.

Am Shaegar

Same here. Not many people, but a couple of references to him. I'm not from america, so I'll not be able to understand those comparisons, but it seems Tupac's early life, his music, and being involved in street gangs, selling drugs, etc, have some similarities with the way CJ's character was portrayed early on. Though, I think, it's not only Tupac, but many like him who grew up in the 90's, should relate with CJ.

Helegad

it seems Tupac's early life, his music, and being involved in street gangs, selling drugs, etc

That's some pretty generic gangbanger-in-the-ghetto qualities.

CoolMods

CJ is mostly like based on Dr. Dre

So....

CJ = Dr Dre

Ryder = Eazy E

Sweet = Ice Cube

Big Smoke = Biggie

B-Dup = Game
Beta Ryder = Snoop Dogg

Fam2 = Mystikal

OG Loc = 2Pac

Edited by CoolMods

Official General

Nobody ever said that.

You're either making it up in your head or you are just listening to someone else that is making it up. The reason you don't understand it, is because nobody ever said it in the first place.

Edited by Official General

Big_Smiley

Nobody ever said that.

You're either making it up in your head or you are just listening to someone else that is making it up. The reason you don't understand it, is because nobody ever said it in the first place.

Same here. I don't remember any one mention CJ was based to Tupac. I mean i've been a hard core Pac fan since i was a little kid back in the early 90's :p And i don't remember CJ being based of Pac. If anything, didn't CJ take apparence from his voice actor Young Maylay? Edited by GTA_The_Series

lil weasel

Reference:

If you don’t believe OG LOC is, 2Pac Shakur

There is a lot of Conjecture about the CARTOON figures in GTA San Andreas

Edited by lil weasel

terrytheman947

Nobody ever said that.

You've obviously haven't been on Youtube very often. There has been commenters in the past SA videos that had said CJ was like 2pac and in the End of the Line video, there were even a few commenters in the past that even compared CJ and Big Smoke's shootout to 2pac and Biggie's feud with each other.

And I agree with the other guy who said CJ looks more like Dr. Dre if anything.

ViceBoy69

CJ is actually Young Maylay :) aka Chris Bellard a rapper

Official General

Nobody ever said that.

You've obviously haven't been on Youtube very often. There has been commenters in the past SA videos that had said CJ was like 2pac and in the End of the Line video, there were even a few commenters in the past that even compared CJ and Big Smoke's shootout to 2pac and Biggie's feud with each other.

So what ? So because a bunch of idiots who don't know anything post some bullsh*t on YouTube that has no truth in it whatsoever, I'm supposed to believe it's a credible theory ?

People post all kinds of bullsh*t on YouTube every millisecond. Well anyway, you should know better than to entertain any notion of CJ being made to look or feel like 2Pac put forward by anyone, it's clearly ridiculous to even think of a remote possibility of this being the case.

And no, CJ looks nothing like Dr. Dre either. He looks exactly like the person that was his voice actor in San Andreas - an unknown LA rapper by the name of Young Maylay (and yes, he's black, African-American to be specific, just like CJ himself).

terrytheman947

Nobody ever said that.

So what ? So because a bunch of idiots who don't know anything post some bullsh*t on YouTube that has no truth in it whatsoever, I'm supposed to believe it's a credible theory ?

People post all kinds of bullsh*t on YouTube every millisecond. Well anyway, you should know better than to entertain any notion of CJ being made to look or feel like 2Pac put forward by anyone, it's clearly ridiculous to even think of a remote possibility of this being the case.

And no, CJ looks nothing like Dr. Dre either. He looks exactly like the person that was his voice actor in San Andreas - an unknown LA rapper by the name of Young Maylay (and yes, he's black, African-American to be specific, just like CJ himself).

I'm pretty sure that was the whole point of this topic. Also, I never even said I believed it. I'm just saying there has been folks who say CJ was like 2pac when in reality, they're completely different.

Official General

Nobody ever said that.

I'm pretty sure that was the whole point of this topic. Also, I never even said I believed it. I'm just saying there has been folks who say CJ was like 2pac when in reality, they're completely different.

Yeah I hear that, I'm saying to the OP that this theory is complete bullsh*t that should not even entertained. No well-informed GTA fan would even think this, that's my point. Those who said it, obviously don't know much about GTA or hip hop, they are the kinda guys who probably think just because CJ is a black gangsta and linked to hip hop he must be based on a real hip hop figure like 2Pac.

Am Shaegar

I haven't seen anyone talking about CJ looking like 2pac, these days, but it's true, that there were many people back when the game first released, curious about CJ looks, thinking about Tupac, and raising questions about the same in many forums. Even in GTA F, I can point out a couple of threads:

2005 - Tupac

2005 - http://gtaforums.com/topic/195255-cj-is-real-life-50-and-rap-50/

2009 - http://gtaforums.com/topic/443622-does-cj-resemble-tupac-to-you/

I think CJ can be turned into a Tupac-look alike due to customization, which could have lead to some sort of confusion among players. I used to read a lot about Tupac in the past, so I know that such references were indeed made in the past, but not now, anymore, not even on YouTube, which is why I think OP seems to simply want to have a discussion just like those similar threads in the past.

People no longer believe it, and so this topic will lead to nothing productive in terms of discussion either.

Terrc87

Hey, some ppl on the net even say that CJ based on Thierry Henry appearance and that sh*t hilarious!

I don't think CJ is resembles any rapper out there, even tho the closest one is Young Maylay, the voice of CJ itself.

Edited by Terrc87

Big_Smiley

Hey, some ppl on the net even say that CJ based on Thierry Henry appearance and that sh*t hilarious!

I don't think CJ is resembles any rapper out there, even tho the closest one is Young Maylay, the voice of CJ itself.

That's the thing though R* did take CJ's apperance from Young Maylay. No one else really. Just kept it simple during the beginning of the game with a regular white muscle shirt and blue jeans.

CoolMods

That's the thing though R* did take CJ's apperance from Young Maylay. No one else really. Just kept it simple during the beginning of the game with a regular white muscle shirt and blue jeans.

he does look a bit like Warren G too

ClaudeIzABadAzz

Ha.....ha......That's a joke right?

Official General

Actually to some extent, CJ kinda does look like Warren G, but just shorter well to me anyway. Put it this way - he looks much more like Warren G than 2Pac !

CoolMods

Actually to some extent, CJ kinda does look like Warren G, but just shorter well to me anyway. Put it this way - he looks much more like Warren G than 2Pac !

True, the only character in the game that is based of 2Pac is the balla with white t shirt and short pants. Male01 wears the same clothes as 2Pac in the movie Juice but that dosen't make him based on him

Yinepi

CJ is physically based on Young Malay just like every protagonist always is based physically on their voice actor. Cj in his personality and story and such isn't based on any particular rapper but rather takes inspiration from quite a many of them. Male01 I don't think is based on a rapper, bmyri (Madd Dogg's Manager) however is based on Will Smith. His appearance and mannerisms are very similar.

Edited by Yinepi

JayKed20

CJ is mostly like based on Dr. Dre

So....

CJ = Dr Dre

Ryder = Eazy E

Sweet = Ice Cube

Big Smoke = Biggie

B-Dup = Game

Beta Ryder = Snoop Dogg

Fam2 = Mystikal

OG Loc = 2Pac

I always thought Madd Dogg was supposed to be Snoop Dogg Edited by lil weasel
corrected quote.

watersgta3

Yeah, I really don't see any similarities between CJ and Tupac. Nor the looks nor lifestyles. I've seen a bunch of Yotube commenters constantly say that CJ is based off of Tupac and I'm just looking at those comments in confusion. Really though, CJ looks much closer like his voice actor if anything.

Big_Smiley

Yeah, I really don't see any similarities between CJ and Tupac. Nor the looks nor lifestyles. I've seen a bunch of Yotube commenters constantly say that CJ is based off of Tupac and I'm just looking at those comments in confusion. Really though, CJ looks much closer like his voice actor if anything.

It's kinda of exactly what i said :p Tupac never grew into the gang life and got caught up in that life unlike CJ. Edited by GTA_The_Series

Prasdana21

Yes, I agree, CJ and Tupac are nothing alike in my opinion.

If anything, CJ and the rest of the protagonists (minus Niko and to some extend Johnny and Luis I guess) are based on their voice-actors appearances. CJ and Young Malay are look alike in my opinion, same with Tommy and Ray Liotta, Trevor and Steven Ogg, etc, etc.

Penguin Bob

Well, whoever said that is dead wrong. Tupac isn't a little pussy. LOL, For real tho, CJ and Tupac have NOTHING in common. So i agree.

CoolMods
Posted (edited)

CJ looks a lot like Mc Ren

Edited by CoolMods

Evil empire

OG Loc = 2Pac

If 2pac sang like OG Loc he would never have had any fan during his career.

CoolMods
Posted (edited)

Og Loc is basicaly Ja Rule. My bad

UPDATE

CJ = Warren G

Madd Dogg = Snoop Dogg

Og Loc = Ja Rule

B Dup = The Game

Beta Ryder = Xzibit

Edited by CoolMods