2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Fireboy769

Thoughts about the "Rescue ULP" Mission

Fireboy769

This mission is hands down THE hardest mission in Act 2 of the Doomsday Heist, and possibly of all the Acts in general. To sum up:

*You have to assault the Foundry from the "The Third Way" mission in Single Player. So essentially you're the ones assaulting the low ground this time

*There are 2 teams. One team of 1-2 storms the foundry. The second team keeps a lookout

*The Lookout Team is forced to stand in the middle of open ground while Buzzards and Guards attack from all sides

*Every single enemy in this mission is equipped with Rifles/Smgs and Body Armor, meaning they'll rip you to shreds in 2 seconds and can tank a whole Rifle mag

*The Foundry Team needs to assault from only 2 ridiculously cramped entryways, in which you can't hit 80% of the enemies inside but they have no problem hitting you

*The enemies in the Foundry have the Height advantage, and the enemies outside really like to blatantly aimbot and hit you for half of your health with perfect accuracy from 5 years away

As far as I know, that's mostly what happens. I have never gotten past this part since it's flat-out near impossible to do.

Enough about me, what are your guys/gals opinions about this particular setup?

EDIT: Evntually I did get past it, and IMO the Avenger Setup, while still hard, is easier than Rescue ULP. At least you got lots of elbow room.

I am seriously never replaying Act 2. Those 2 setups make it a nightmare. I'd rather replay Act 3 since it's more fun and less frustrating (exception: Air Defenses setup. It's tedious. It isn't hard but boy it's gonna take a long while)

Edited by Fireboy769

MDNA

It’s too damn tough lol, even with excellent players

secrecy274

I disagree, quite heavily in fact. Not only to I find the Avenger Setup way, way harder, Merryweather hit harder and tank way more than these russian grunts. I've run through this mission twice now. First time, I alone charged the factory while me two friends provided lookout from the water tower. One of them died on the first try, but we got it on the second.

Second time I and a lvl 14 were the lookouts while my two other friends went into the factory. Our brilliant strategy was simple, you don't have to climb the water tower at all, in fact. We simply parked my Insurgent Custom right outside the entrance and used its .50cal minigun to slaughter everything to dared enter my LoS. My friends easily rescued the ULP, entered the Insurgent and we drove to the drop-off.

Dr.Rosenthal

Yeah it was tough as sh*t but once youve gotten the hang of which angles to attack the enemies from its doable.. but I agree, the whole place is stuffed with crap that just so happens to be exactly in the way of your line of fire, when coming out from behind cover. Really f*cking annoying.

Its actually easier to not stay behind cover too much but instead aim and strafe out from the corners, taking a few shots, going back into cover to eat snacks, rinse and repeat.

That is if youre not surprise-plugged from behind by those trying to ambush you.

I liked the mission though, nice shootout even though it was hard.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Lameboy

There are certain spots when storming the foundry to stay in cover and pick them off one by one, be patient and snack up and it should go well. The water tower sniper team has some blind spots but as soon as they clear the open space enemies and the helis the foundry team can finish them off as they get out with ease. I did it with just me and 1 friend, he had trouble in the foundry so we switched teams on the next try amd everything went nice and smooth, 1 retry as compared to the act 1 finale where we almost lost hope. The main idea is to stay in cover and pick your targets by scouting their position on the minimap first with eliminating any flank-located enemies first as not to get picked off outof nowhere, and as usual be ready whenever you change levels-eg go up stairs, enter another area etc as these are the moments when new enemies spawn.

GenericGTAO

If you dont have full snacks, you need two people in the foundry.

BitBasher

It's not that bad, just take your time.

The Person on the tower has full cover because of the metal up to the railings, the helicopters do not fly high enough to hit him if he pays attention and uses cover. Only 3 helicopters spawn before the inside teams gets to the stairs, so communication matters. If the interior team calls out when they are hitting checkpoints the people outside know when a helicopter is coming. The only real threats are the helicopters and only then if you are not paying attention.

With two people it sucks because enemies can slip in behind the indoor team. With three you put the third person outside in the courtyard back looking past the door to where the enemies spawn and kill them from there. The third person doesn't need to be in the foundry, he needs to make sure the person in the foundry doesn't have enemies walking up behind him ever.

The person inside can kill the vast majority of enemies from the first corner u turn counter clockwise if everyone has some patience. The enemies on the catwalks have the top of their heads exposed if you zoom in and can be hit even with an AR of some flavor. After you kill the enemies visible in front of you WITHOUT advancing more than a step or two into the room with the windows Everyone should be dead except two enemies in the upper right which can't really shoot at you, one about 5 yards straight out from the door and two about 2 oclock that can also be shot because they have exposed heads. Shot the two on the right move up and kill the one below you and the rest of the mission is cake.

Kill two more when heading back and right to the stairs. The rest is cake.

EAT SNACKS. BE PATIENT. That's all there is to it. If you rush you pay the idiot tax.

It's far, far easier than the ambush for the plane, which has enemies on three levels that you cannot physically see far enough to spot.

Edited by BitBasher

Blondude

I honestly didn't have a very hard time with this one. I think I had a random die once, but we got it the second time. The Avenger set up took a while to get, but if you just take you time and stay in cover it's pretty doable. For some reason the RCV mission was by far the hardest for me so far (haven't done Act III yet). It took me about three hours of attempts with randoms to finally complete it. The first location was fine, the second was a little more difficult (failed a few times), but within 30 seconds of reaching the third location someone on the salvage team would die before they even got out of the truck. Every. Time. I honestly don't understand why it was so hard. I retried it easily 50 times and I only died on one of those attempts.

ambi3nt

use insurgent pickup for outlook team, no need to stay in those preset cps. inside enemies spawn at same spots so just learn the pattern and you can solo it easy leaving more guys outside to defend doors or just shoot for fun.

SHOKKERZ91

And there is me, who blocked one door to the building with a car and protected the other while in a kuruma...

septimoose

I can only speak about this mission from my experience, and I was the 1-man assault on the inside of the Foundry. When I entered through the side I found a nice spot in the doorway where I could see into the Foundry enough to get the "nearby kills" done. Every 30 seconds or so there'd be some random NPC come through the door behind me and attempt to shred me to pieces. Once the bottom floor near the exit was cleared, I crouched down at the area where Trevor goes dark in The Third Way/Deathwish, and cleared the area while staying relatively close to walls at all times. When you get to the mid-level it's not so bad because they lose their height advantage... gotta be a bit careful on the stairs though, there's a few who will pick you off. Then a straight line from the top floor to the room where ULP is, shoot the captor, and it's a lot easier on the way down because I had the height advantage. There were a couple of difficult NPCs just as I exited the building, but I wasn't gonna wait around... the only other guy doing the mission with me was waiting with a Nightshark and we chipped.

I find that for these missions, the "flick up" trick while aiming with a Combat MG/Bullpup Rifle nails the headshots, otherwise you're spending far too much time shredding away at each individual target.

Having your inventory open for snacks/armor is pretty much essential still though

Azaan60

This mission is hands down THE hardest mission in Act 2 of the Doomsday Heist, and possibly of all the Acts in general.

No it's not lmao.

Have you even done the Avenger and rescuing Agent 14 setups? Those are far harder.

Rescuing ULP can be done with 2 people easily as long as you have snacks, take it slow and go for headshots.

Having 2 people as lookout is more important than having 2 people on ground team imo. As a single lookout on that watch tower can get swarmed really easily.

And there is me, who blocked one door to the building with a car and protected the other while in a kuruma...

I've done this setup multiple times and never thought to barricade the door and use an armoured car for the lookouts. Great tips!

Asian_Apache

This mission is hands down THE hardest mission in Act 2 of the Doomsday Heist, and possibly of all the Acts in general.

No it's not lmao.

Have you even done the Avenger and rescuing Agent 14 setups? Those are far harder.

Rescuing ULP can be done with 2 people easily as long as you have snacks, take it slow and go for headshots.

Having 2 people as lookout is more important than having 2 people on ground team imo. As a single lookout on that watch tower can get swarmed really easily.

I've done this setup multiple times and never thought to barricade the door and use an armoured car for the lookouts. Great tips!

I did it with two people...

Azaan60

I did it with two people...

Ummm ok? You realise I said the same thing right?

MikeMyth

The only setup difficult enough to remember is the Avenger setup.

Then again, I've only done Rescue ULP as the person extracting ULP from inside, but that wasn't difficult at all.

xwinkx_girlYakuza

Avenger and Rescue ULP setup almost had me gave up on the dd heists. But funnily enough i got through it with complete randoms :lol:

Verbal Soze

I disagree, quite heavily in fact. Not only to I find the Avenger Setup way, way harder, Merryweather hit harder and tank way more than these russian grunts. I've run through this mission twice now. First time, I alone charged the factory while me two friends provided lookout from the water tower. One of them died on the first try, but we got it on the second.

Second time I and a lvl 14 were the lookouts while my two other friends went into the factory. Our brilliant strategy was simple, you don't have to climb the water tower at all, in fact. We simply parked my Insurgent Custom right outside the entrance and used its .50cal minigun to slaughter everything to dared enter my LoS. My friends easily rescued the ULP, entered the Insurgent and we drove to the drop-off.

This is what i did, but not with an insurgent, instead we use the kuruma, i send a message to the lvl 24 player, get in it will get messy, and he did, luckily, but the most hardest part is the one that goes in to the foundry, it was hard as hell

GreenArrow

This mission is hands down THE hardest mission in Act 2 of the Doomsday Heist, and possibly of all the Acts in general. To sum up:

*You have to assault the Foundry from the "The Third Way" mission in Single Player. So essentially you're the ones assaulting the low ground this time

*There are 2 teams. One team of 1-2 storms the foundry. The second team keeps a lookout

*The Lookout Team is forced to stand in the middle of open ground while Buzzards and Guards attack from all sides

*Every single enemy in this mission is equipped with Rifles/Smgs and Body Armor, meaning they'll rip you to shreds in 2 seconds and can tank a whole Rifle mag

*The Foundry Team needs to assault from only 2 ridiculously cramped entryways, in which you can't hit 80% of the enemies inside but they have no problem hitting you

*The enemies in the Foundry have the Height advantage, and the enemies outside really like to blatantly aimbot and hit you for half of your health with perfect accuracy from 5 years away

As far as I know, that's mostly what happens. I have never gotten past this part since it's flat-out near impossible to do.

Enough about me, what are your guys/gals opinions about this particular setup?

Completed it twice; I didn't find it that hard to be honest. I think the Hangar with the lights off is the hardest out of the lot.

Easiest would be the Submarine finale heist.

Lonely-Martin

No your not dude. Just got to go up the ladder and get back down into something you can use that take rocket damage (Nightshark we found to be ideal).

Weaponised Tampa for me, lol.

Too damn easy!.

(Some here will seriously struggle at the end, lol. That sh*t gets hot and is right on top of you there. Great fun).

Edited by KWF1981

gtafan26

I gave up yesterday trying to get it done, but I am playing with randumbs so that is part of my problem.

I_Psycho

So i guess i got lucky when i completed it with my friend on the 2nd try? It was just my friend and i and barely any snacks and 4 armor, we took our time though and used all the cover they gave us. I was going around the back of the water tower so the helicopter wouldn't shoot me but its AI was to dumb to keep the helicopter balanced the bullets barely even graced the top of my mask.

At least in this mission one of us HAD the height advantage instead of f*cking avenger, that mission sucked.

I heavily disagree in this being the hardest and agree with the people saying avenger is downright tedious/difficult, barely any visibility with the night goggles. I could not tell if they were below me or above me in the minimap.

Edited by I_Psycho

Cryo The Hunter

Yeah, but can't both teams enter the factory ?

Shadowfennekin

Rescue ULP is only hard if Lookout ain't doing their job and letting the AI inside so YOU get swarmed from both sides and essentially have no cover at all.

That happened to me and I just got sick of it after finally rescuing ULP.... only for dumb ass to get himself killed.... again while not doing his job, making me have to do that ALL over again. I just quit, got more players and returned.

Everybody went inside that time though and it was a lot easier.

There is NO way to make Avengers easy, that was far worse than any previous setup. And is the worst mission in GTA 5, I'd rather do Deliver EMP with randumbs than attempt to do it with a below 100 player. You need all the health you can get.

Chrome Toyota Prius

It was pretty hard when I was the one on the rescue mission. Since it seems like my friend is better at bum-rushing hordes, we switched roles. Became a walk in the park afterwards. I just sat around spamming everyone outside with Vigilante rockets and drove around the block so the buzzards couldn't blow me up when I ran out of missiles.

Pocket Fox

Took 2 attempts, but did it with a friend.

Just the two of us.... we're THAT good :santa:

gtafan26

Holly mother of god, three days now and still cant get past it, but that is because I am dealing brain-dead randumbs, and the damn CEO has left bug, had it again today, three times in a row. Or the assholes that will leave about 5 minutes after starting.

Quadro

My experience - failed alot with 3 people.

Went back with two and completed first go.

Outside - use highest platform, cover and snacks.

Inside - clear bottom w/ explosives, get to hostage, clear floor again.

Its all about your teammates

tiedie

A friend and I can't even do this mission because when getting to the room he is being held at, the guy just stands there and will not follow either of us, we have attempted this mission about 8 or 9 times times to the point where which ever one of us is providing support no longer gains XP from killing enemies because the guys outside apparently spawn forever which is fine it just this guy will not trigger the next phase...

Rafae

A friend and I can't even do this mission because when getting to the room he is being held at, the guy just stands there and will not follow either of us, we have attempted this mission about 8 or 9 times times to the point where which ever one of us is providing support no longer gains XP from killing enemies because the guys outside apparently spawn forever which is fine it just this guy will not trigger the next phase...

Cause you're not clearing out his path properly

Obviously he won't move if there's still enemies in his line of path

tiedie

Cause you're not clearing out his path properly

Obviously he won't move if there's still enemies in his line of path

I mean there are no more guys in the foundry, we've both gone in the foundry (on different attempts) killing the guys while going up to the room hes in then walking out of the room hes in which spawns more guys, killing them and running outside...whoever is in the foundry is able to run around inside unarmed, there are no guys inside the building,

There are only guys outside near the front of the building behind those concrete road blocks and they just insta respawn when they are killed and go back to the same position as well as about 2-3 Nightsharks which are empty and there are 2 AIs about 2 blocks away just standing in the road doing nothing.

I submitted a ticket in English but last time I did that for whatever it was I got a response in Italian which I don't even speak so I'm not holding my breath