Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,727 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
fw3

[GTAO] The Orbital Strike Cannon: Love it or leave it?

fw3

I was ridiculously excited when I read about the Orbital Strike Cannon.

But, like most things in modern GTAO, once I started assessing it and the overall costs, I grew suspicious.

The idea, basically, is that you can waste another player via satellite strike.

Sounds great! But hold on... there's a price.

It's $900,000 to add it to your Facility.
Then, you can use it Manually to locate your target and strike them for $500,000.
Or, you can do it Automatically for $750,000.

It's absolutely devastating, for sure! I was like a kid in a candy story using it.
Or, rather, like a cheap loser hiding in his Facility obliterating an innocent guy and his crew for just playing the game.

After using it, I discovered there's a 45-minute "cool down" before you can use it again.

"Uhhhhh.... what now?" I thought. "Oh, that's no good!"

For me, the only really good use I've found for it is to use against a griefer or toolbag who you really want to exact revenge on, but can't in any traditional way. You know that Level 848 that keeps destroying you in PvP? Well, this is for them.

But the satisfaction is short-lived and it's a huge effort for little gain.

These are my thoughts and opinions, but if I were to advise, I'd tell anybody to probably skip it. Just not worth the $$.

However, if you have the $$ and you like things like golden jets and big yachts, then by all means... go for it.

What about you all, though? Anyone playing around with this yet? Cheers!

Not my video, but it's a good visual reference:

HamwithCheese

Something like this should never be in online games. Might as well introduce a new menu that instantly kills another player. The costs and the cool down are the only acceptable thing about it.

Face it, if it was easily accessible, everyone would just hide in their properties.

HARBUJAHN

Good thing if used right

Dancing ewo barcodes you want too play now :D one kill is what you play for right lol oops i mean LZzzzzzzzzzz

Worth every dollar too see them rage quit (pathetic players are they the same person :))

Edited by HARBUJAHN

Xiled

The only thing that makes it ok is that you can troll the clickbait channels with it.

mcgroin

Can't say I'm a huge fan as it reminds me of the random script kiddie explosions that plagued last gen. Only back then players weren't trying to earn a crust in freeroam. It's just another Rockstar sanctioned griefing tool designed to pull money out of the game while further erroding the quality of PvP.

That being said, next time I get owned by a nine year old, I'll be scurrying to my facility and mashing that obliterate button like it's the Whack-a-Mole world championships.

Also we should be able to use it on LJT. In fact only on LJT.

KWF1981

Shocking addition!.

Worse, there's a bloody trophy to use this on PS4, I've gotta serve up some poor sap...

I heard a rumour we get a free blast at Christmas with this. If true, I'll be making a deal with a friend, simple Invite session, use the free shot on each other, get the trophy and never return to that room. And if we don't get a free shot like I'd heard, then the manual aim will suffice. I ain't having just that one trophy missing...

Or, should I leave it completely???. It'd be the 1st game ever where I leave something like that incomplete. I could use it as a symbol, lol... f*ck money-orientated, cheat/child/griefer pandering bullsh*t garnered only to sever those that take the piss, or those willing to blindly throw cash at this crap. Dunno...

To have a game I deliberately not complete (in trophy/award/100% terms). Something to say 'f*ck off', won't ever be a c*nt, just for an 'achievement'.

Apologies for my strong words, I genuinely hate this type of nonsense. So yeah, what d'ya reckon?... Get it or leave it?. Damn game ain't been the same since the transfer, IMO, aside a few spells, though I've added many and that's flourishing... But this, a huge no...

LEAVE IT!... In the bin with research.

Edited by KWF1981

HARBUJAHN

The only thing that makes it ok is that you can troll the clickbait channels with it.

Its a bait trap tbh, pay and lzzzzzzzzz #onebuttondoesplenty :miranda:

Fozzie

I'd be broke if there was No cool down on it..

Just sit in public sessions and target everyone doing sales and sourcing vehicles

HARBUJAHN

Used twice myself mate. Special occasions only now (no barcodes mentioned)

Happy Hunter

I just use the Akula as a cheapo alternative. Wait around off the map for 20 minutes, blow up the tryhard, then I'm gone again. "1-0 lzzzzz" right back at you, useless c*nt.

This thing does make it harder for those guys. All they care about is their obsession with not being killed once. This update has made it very hard for them to keep up that obsession.

That said, I don't know how I feel about just being able to press a button to kill someone. Meh, I guess I'll see as time goes by. Too early to say.

ParsoOnFire

Metro 2017

Everyone's now hiding in train tunnels, sewers and any other underground place the OSC can't reach

Excrescent

Let me just put it like this. You wanna be on the giving side of this thing, and not the receiving side.

I'm neutral about it. I'm cool and content while in my facility preparing to deliver a strike, but while I'm outside I'm sort of frantic and on edge. LOL.

Mach1bud

I like it tbh.

JohnGazman

I feel like the prices should be an either/or scenario; either it comes free with the Facility and costs to fire, or it costs 900k to add it to the Facility and you can fire it for free, albeit once per in-game day, and only manual targeting.

900k + the firing prices = why bother?

Fozzie

I like it tbh.

When someone says "Your muscle car sucks, get a Super."

3aMXKPj.gif

REXX

Gonna use my 2 Christmas shots (1 per character) to obtain the trophy :p the 2nd shot will be on anyone I spot first with no ankles :lol:

That1Skeleton

Like a lot on here, I'm neutral on this as well.

The fact that anyone with the cash can just press a singular button to kill someone without any hassle or danger is... well I think you can see clearly why it's worrisome.

On the flip side, it can get rid of those annoying jet and helicopter c*nts who can only kill from their vehicle (talk about BF4 flashbacks) and care so much about their precious K:D

Edited by That1Skeleton

Freddie Gecko

Hate it.

It's the standard of the game now.

Nothing can counter it. Some lobby hopping troll spawns in their bunker, spends $750,000 of modded/glitched cash and destroys a CEO group from the safety of their bunker. Jets, tanks, helicopters and dancing ewo snipers can be countered. Bunker buster nuke when?

Nonstopmaximum

If you got a sh*t ton of modded/glitch money left, go for it. If not then it's for the best you save this thing for a special occasion. Maybe someone who's been really getting on your nerve.

AH-6_BirdTurd

Idk how anyone can complain about this honestly lol. Its a nice novelty to have ingame imho. I mean, with its almost 1 real world hour of cooldown and its hefty price tag.. I dont think anyone will be abusing this. The thing is good for 1 shot. Thats it. The cooldown is quite excessive also. It should be more like 20min. The price, while high, is understandable.

Quinn_flower

eh i used it once. i was like oh sh*t! i said im sorry for this to the random and boom. i feel dirty

Shadowfennekin

I love that it cost almost a million just to put it in your base.

I do NOT like the price however, utterly ridiculous. You paid half or 3/4 of that just to get it in your facility!!!!!

The cooldown is fine, since it keeps you from spamming it.

But it should cost less than $50k at the price. It'd still stop people from spamming it as the novelty would run out fast, not to mention the near hour cooldown.

Yes, people would abuse it. But f*ck off, people abuse EVERYTHING else in this game.

Sentinel Driver

I don't get it. What is exactly the point of the orbital strike system? It's useless. You can get a cheap kill on someone, ok cool. But why would you want to spend 500k on a mere kill? It's pretty much the same thing as the office money safe

Quinn_flower

For kids who are mad they they got killed by a vet and want to get some sort of pay back with out looking like scrub

Dburger

I have no problems with it because of the cost and downtime.

Nick1020

It never should of been added. The only people that benefit from this are glitchers or modded with millions.

UKPortista

I'll use the alleged Xmas freebie (on someone thoroughly deserving)...but I won't pay for it.

IamCourtney

I don't hate it... I really doubt it'll be seen too terribly often after the initial novelty wears off and people get their trophy.

That said, if any of my sale missions get hit with it, it will be the one exception to my "No Quitting Without Saving" rule. Taking a fair loss when I had the chance to defend myself is one thing, getting instaf*cked is quite another.

FiVEOHFiVE

I'll use the freebie for the trophy because the last stupid sh*t I bought was the yacht. I feel like the price per shot isn't justified seeing how mercenaries and strike teams get similar results (albeit never guaranteed kills). If you spend 900k just for it to sit there looking pretty, the price per shot shouldn't exceed 100k for manual and just double for auto.

Edited by Supergamer505

vagosdude14

I'm beyond interested to hear who has used it on a VIP doing Executive Search.