Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,897 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Caysle

Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack, Released by Rockstar on PS4

deadx23

Yea totally totally totally for Brand spanking New players who don't know anything about the GTA economy/price's, it's a good deal for THEM.

I just don't like the "no trade in value" but it's not marketed for me.

GBjejx0.gif

LL Cool L

Its a starter pack, I personally don't think its a great deal, but believe me it will be to some people, not everyone is an expert or even prolific gamer, I have seen youtubers with millions of followers who are not even good at the games they play...some people want a boost or a starter pack, let em live, its not your money nor your gaming experience.

They are charging MORE THAN WHAT THE GAME COSTS and couldn't even bother to add a f*cking Buzzard in the package...Cheap assholes!

You know you can literally spawn a buzzard right next to you for free, if you are a vip/ceo, instead of ringing up pegasus, scrolling through the list, having it delivered miles away, then travelling there to pick it up, not every player wants or even uses the buzzard....there are solutions to most problems if you don't spend your whole time moaning...also its a "starter pack" not a "making you Bruce Wayne pack".......chill

But the fanboi's will come to defend this and say "but it's optional" I know it is but this is greed at its finest .

Nah its optional, not forced on anyone so its not greedy, greedy would be "from so and so date all new players must purchase a starter pack" this is optional....not greedy - you are not forced to buy and do not need it to play the game.

Am I the only one feeling this might be it? The endgame? The fact that they'll release something like this and also promoted the new DLC with critics' (positive) opinions ... it just seems like they're really pushing it this time.

It's not really the "end-game" but a step closer to it. When Rockstar finally releases the $500 complete package for everything in GTA online, yes, that will be the end game. It's going to really demotivate anyone who's spent five or more years collecting everything in GTA online, knowing that someone can just walk in and lay 500 dollars on the table.

In the meantime, this package is pretty handy if you don't already own GTA online and want help getting started, but it's designed to lead you into further spending, and most people will wonder where their special cargo warehouse is, or the I/E garage, and about the hangers and facilities, and the yacht, aircraft and crazy military vehicles.

I wanna ask why would that bother or demotivate any1? someone buying all the sh*t for $500 in the endgame...its just a game, you put as much time into it as you wanted.

What annoys me is how the damn game keeps spamming me about this deal both in loading screens and from prompts on the upper left of the screen.

I already own most of that sh*t and well beyond that, I have no use for such a thing.

Some newbie who does not know any better might find that useful but a rank 650+ with so much stuff already, has no use for such a thing so quit spamming me with it.

We all get the same ads and loading screens, they are not tailor made for different levels of players...its a loading screen for crying out loud, are you really moaning about the message on the loading screen!?....see when I see sh*t like this I cant take people seriously in other complaints cos its seems y'all just moan about anything..

its the bloody loading screen...smh

KWF1981

Its a starter pack, I personally don't think its a great deal, but believe me it will be to some people, not everyone is an expert or even prolific gamer, I have seen youtubers with millions of followers who are not even good at the games they play...some people want a boost or a starter pack, let em live, its not your money nor your gaming experience.

They are charging MORE THAN WHAT THE GAME COSTS and couldn't even bother to add a f*cking Buzzard in the package...Cheap assholes!

You know you can literally spawn a buzzard right next to you for free, if you are a vip/ceo, instead of ringing up pegasus, scrolling through the list, having it delivered miles away, then travelling there to pick it up, not every player wants or even uses the buzzard....there are solutions to most problems if you don't spend your whole time moaning...also its a "starter pack" not a "making you Bruce Wayne pack".......chill

You do know you can only spawn the Buzzard next to you for free as a VIP/CEO if you actually own it. Of course, if one so wishes.

In this case, you can't spawn the Buzzard dude, not for free.

Otherwise, I agree. It's an option. Just feel that those that do buy this package should get the same treatment as shark card buyers, and those playing too.

No in-game value. Means they can't get the 50% back/trade I value all other gamers get, IMO, ain't right. They're paying for these items specifically, and as many suggest to learn and conquer the game, surely if they do and wish to trade up, they should get the same as the rest of the playerbase.

Quinn_flower

Or pay a modder 5$ and get 100m.

For 5$, wish I could find one lol

Ahem wink

ferguson99

So what is it?

Is new players just starting out in GTA Online, to set up there business criminal empire?

I was thinking of clicking on it........ but I was afraid of losing everything that I have collected, over the years.

Pedinhuh

How about you actually know the sh*t you're talking about before shilling to R* and making a fool of yourself?

The Buzzard is only free to spawn as CEO/VIP if you actually OWN ONE.

Otherwise you pay $25,000 to spawn it next to you, and believe me, $25,000 for those who are starting out with only a million is a whole f*cking lot, and if I'm paying $68 or $78 for this crappie then I might as well get a real interesting helicopter that can actually hold its own in combat and be summoned for free.

"Bruce Wayne pack" lol that's funny because with the addition of a Buzzard instead of the stupid Frogger the package is still a very bare-bones content pack, and frankly, if I'm paying over the Value of the game only to get some credits and itens, you bet I would expect such package to give me at least the most important itens in the game instead of a ridiculous Frogger and a Turismo R.

elfoam

I thought this was a poor deal from the outset.. But zero trade in value.. That's a dick move

psymin

Yea totally totally totally for Brand spanking New players who don't know anything about the GTA economy/price's, it's a good deal for THEM.

I feel the same.

gta is waaaay more complicated for someone to pick up and play now than it was in 2013.

I've considered buying it for my brother as a gift to give him a leg up...

in comparison to other MMOS it's not a terrible deal.

SaturdayNight

Why not just make this sh*t available for free with a purchase of a brand new copy of gtav??

So as a new player you have to spend 130 dollars just for a sliver of a fighting chance... Damn, this game wants new players to come with a pair of knee pads and an ottoman to bend over while GTA f*cks their ass raw.

Edited by SaturdayNight

thepiebaker

But the fanboi's will come to defend this and say "but it's optional" I know it is but this is greed at its finest .

Nah its optional, not forced on anyone so its not greedy, greedy would be "from so and so date all new players must purchase a starter pack" this is optional....not greedy - you are not forced to buy and do not need it to play the game.

Am I the only one feeling this might be it? The endgame? The fact that they'll release something like this and also promoted the new DLC with critics' (positive) opinions ... it just seems like they're really pushing it this time.

It's not really the "end-game" but a step closer to it. When Rockstar finally releases the $500 complete package for everything in GTA online, yes, that will be the end game. It's going to really demotivate anyone who's spent five or more years collecting everything in GTA online, knowing that someone can just walk in and lay 500 dollars on the table.

In the meantime, this package is pretty handy if you don't already own GTA online and want help getting started, but it's designed to lead you into further spending, and most people will wonder where their special cargo warehouse is, or the I/E garage, and about the hangers and facilities, and the yacht, aircraft and crazy military vehicles.

I wanna ask why would that bother or demotivate any1? someone buying all the sh*t for $500 in the endgame...its just a game, you put as much time into it as you wanted.

What annoys me is how the damn game keeps spamming me about this deal both in loading screens and from prompts on the upper left of the screen.

I already own most of that sh*t and well beyond that, I have no use for such a thing.

Some newbie who does not know any better might find that useful but a rank 650+ with so much stuff already, has no use for such a thing so quit spamming me with it.

We all get the same ads and loading screens, they are not tailor made for different levels of players...its a loading screen for crying out loud, are you really moaning about the message on the loading screen!?....see when I see sh*t like this I cant take people seriously in other complaints cos its seems y'all just moan about anything..

its the bloody loading screen...smh

Bethesda has a Creators Club which where they take modders to their studios and have them make am item or two with a Bethesda dev coaching them through any glitches errors or mishaps. It's 100% optional and at least half of the items have been FREE at some point. Just log in and press a button and get the free item and some people hate the idea of the creation club that one person has created a mod to remove the creation club item on the menu.

People feel insulted at the fact that they ask for $5 to pay the dev and the modder who is essentially an intern and have to find a way to hide in their box away from the world. God help them if malboro had an advertisement run again.

Xiled

Oh players have orbital cannons, flying bikes with rockets and $69 million? Oh here new player to the game, pay $70 and get a pistol and $100 to defend your self. Can't believe people are paying money for such an awful "starter pack".

Better starter pack is me giving a couple super cars to someone just starting the game. Oh wait can't do that because than they won't buy the "optional" shark cards.

LL Cool L

Other players who have been playing the game for years and earned all these things...

And a STARTER pack should not level the playing field, you are comparing player who have played for years with someone who is going to buy a starter pack? Come on

Funny thing is i never even said its a good deal, I said its a bad deal but its still ans OPTION for people out there that may want/ need/ thhink its a good deal, maybe you expert players dont need it and are more in formed, everyone is not the same

People keep saying “so a new player has to pay x amount” no a new player may chose to spend their money on this if they want

Is that not smple logic

Ok the buzzard is not free, how many of you started out with a buzzard? How long did it take you get one IF you bought one? Ok and you want a STARTER PACK to come with it?

Buh im a fanboy

irish.chr

Every time I join a god damn session I get a giant notification telling me to buy this piece of sh*t rip off.

I am rank 1064 Rockstar. I don't need your f*cking starter pack.

KWF1981

Other players who have been playing the game for years and earned all these things...

And a STARTER pack should not level the playing field, you are comparing player who have played for years with someone who is going to buy a starter pack? Come on

Funny thing is i never even said its a good deal, I said its a bad deal but its still ans OPTION for people out there that may want/ need/ thhink its a good deal, maybe you expert players dont need it and are more in formed, everyone is not the same

People keep saying “so a new player has to pay x amount” no a new player may chose to spend their money on this if they want

Is that not smple logic

Ok the buzzard is not free, how many of you started out with a buzzard? How long did it take you get one IF you bought one? Ok and you want a STARTER PACK to come with it?

Buh im a fanboy

I get your point. And agree it is an option. And agree a starter pack to help a player settle/understand GTA:O sounds just fine.

But in this case...

I feel the same.

gta is waaaay more complicated for someone to pick up and play now than it was in 2013.

I've considered buying it for my brother as a gift to give him a leg up...

in comparison to other MMOS it's not a terrible deal.

...Why is this persons brother any different to a person playing and earning cash?.

Why is this persons brother treated differently to the rest of the entire playerbase, including those paying with IRL cash via shark cards?

If a player can earn the cash, buy and get 50% trade in value.

And a player that bought virtual currency gets the exact same treatment, and also receives a 50% trade in vale.

Why is this new player NOT ALLOWED!.

Between you, and even by asking raged nicely, you avoid the question... How is this getting a free pass?.

I get we disagree on much,. but this is just a poor thing to do to a new player. They lose out buying this pack, when they could jut buy shark cards instead.

I agree it's an option, and I agree it's a bad one content-wise. But also, it's just a con. To trade in any of these items that come, and get nothing back, when others buy cash too. I just don't think that's right at all.

A blatant rip off. Buyers need to be aware of this.

Black-Dragon96

And a STARTER pack should not level the playing field,...

Yes i agree on that. However, a starter pack should include actually usefull items, not just stuff thats expensive a raises the fake money worth up to 10 Million.

Usefull stuff like a buzzard, an armored schafter v12, a sultan and a zentorno, a vehicle warehouse to start the money making, a bunker thats not on the a$$ hole of the map, the cheapest 10 car apartment in del pero, etc. You know stuff that actually gives a new player a little headstart.

I started playing in August 2015, a few days after executives and other criminals I bought my buzzard. So it took me about 5 month to get one.

And yes I would like it if they would have included it in the starterpack. The new players would recieve an exelent starter helicopter. Its not hard to controll so it would be the perfect learner helicopter for a new player.

Mr_Noob

Of course it isn't aimed at experienced players but my point is it is NOT a good deal for new players either. It intentionally packages a lot of stuff that at first glance looks useful and good value but once you have played the game a short while (or spent time on forum like this) they will soon realise is not good value at all.

It shouldn't be about giving new players everything on a plate because it is a starter pack... but really, come on R* at least give them a chance. What justification (other than wanting the player to burn yet more money to unlock content) can there be for putting two separate properties rather than one high end apartment which includes a garage and would at least allow them to launch heists? Or the Buzzard rather than the Frogger?

I'm not saying they should be handed all the latest DLC content but at least give them the most useful of the older stuff like the Buzzard, Kuruma and Zentorno.

And ZERO trade in value? Jeez... that is the real tipping point. It makes me quite angry because when I was a new player I made plenty of mistakes buying cars and properties but at least I could get 50% of the money back when I realised my mistake.

This is disgusting. Really shady sh*t even by R* standards.

Edited by Mr_Noob

elfoam

^I got a buzzard in early 2014 so it took a while. First player I ever saw one was the leader of the first crew I was in and she got one very early in 2014, I will never forget it. We were grinding Rooftop rumble as usual, she never told anyone she was going to buy it (remember no stupid radar blips back then) so without warning BOOMB OOOM BOOOM missiles from the sky, unbelievable firepower :). it was amazing.

The Wandering Hunter

the game keeps advertising this sh*t to me. like really? if i bought it would overwrite stuff which is way more valuable.

KWF1981

And a STARTER pack should not level the playing field,...

Yes i agree on that. However, a starter pack should include actually usefull items, not just stuff thats expensive a raises the fake money worth up to 10 Million.

Usefull stuff like a buzzard, an armored schafter v12, a sultan and a zentorno, a vehicle warehouse to start the money making, a bunker thats not on the a$$ hole of the map, the cheapest 10 car apartment in del pero, etc. You know stuff that actually gives a new player a little headstart.

To be fair, I agree the pack should contain a limit on the higher end/more useful/important stuff though dude.

It is a starter pack, and the implication of a starter pack/booster pack, IMO, is that it's a little push in the right direction, and that the rest is up to the player.

For me, the content, though I agree some is pretty useless, isn't in question.

I just feel that once a player that has bought this pack does progress, they should be able to get the same trade in value for the items they so choose to trade in/sell, if they indeed so choose.

Players/grinders can. Shark card buyers can. These customers though, can not.

Worse than shark cards, by a country mile. Anyone genuinely considering this, I urge them to buy shark cards instead. They are the fairer option by far.

* But now I re-read this, I now feel maybe that's the f*cking plan all along, lol. (To easy to be cynical here).

Edited by KWF1981

Semaj 2JZ♢

^ I don't want to quote your extensive essay from the previous page to illustrate 1 big point you are after. The no "trade-in" value, thing...So, for your acceptability, not only do R* need to give you the item in the pack, but they also need to add in another 60% (or the 50% you think) of that items overall value, *on top* of that? You don't see how that changes things? Like, having somebody give you 1 of their coats, you don't like that 1 in particular, so you want to now buy a better coat from that same person, and expecting half of the value of your free coat, be taken into account on your new/better one...😕

KWF1981

^ I don't want to quote your extensive essay from the previous page to illustrate 1 big point you are after. The no "trade-in" value, thing...So, for your acceptability, not only do R* need to give you the item in the pack, but they also need to add in another 60% (or the 50% you think) of that items overall value, *on top* of that? You don't see how that changes things? Like, having somebody give you 1 of their coats, you don't like that 1 in particular, so you want to now buy a better coat from that same person, and expecting half of the value of your free coat, be taken into account on your new/better one...

To the underlined part... How in the blue hell is any item from this pack free?. The customer is being told what comes with the pack, and the price. That's certainly not in question. It's an option, customer chooses based off the fact. These items are not free if you are consciously buying this pack because it features these items. How are they free items?. That's about as wrong as one can be!.

For my acceptability, the consumer of this pack, which is no different to consuming the shark cards, should be treated the same as every other player.

Why should a paying customers items have no value, while other equally paying customers items carry a 50% rebate/resell value?.

Both are buying virtual currency/items, both play the exact same game.

How hard is this to understand. Why buy this, progress and get zero in return for buying FURTHER into the game, potentially with more shark cards...

Aside blatant greed.

As for the resell value to be taken into account for the pricing. Well, clearly it'll need restructuring/advertised differently. But that's on R* to see fit as to what they offer for how much.

As I've said. I'm not against the idea of this, a booster pack is ideal for new people this far in. But to have those players treated differently, just doesn't seem right. Again, aside for the ones pulling the strings.

Furthermore, the customer bought it, the can do what they want (within the rules) with their purchases.

(And to trade in property is 50% dude, come at me with numbers, but be right)

Edited by KWF1981

IamCourtney

I've always been ambivalent toward Shark Cards. Never thought they were a good deal, even at 2013 level in-game prices, but people can spend their money how they wish.

If this pack were treated as a "curated Shark Card" where the player gets a wide assortment of items and activities to try but retained the ability to trade them in, I would be fine with it. As others have said, coming into GTAO brand new at this point can be overwhelming and having some decent things chosen for you is a good idea imo. But once said player gets the hang of things they may very well decide they like don't like certain items or business locations and they should be free to sell or trade them the same as a player who bought it with in-game earnings or a Shark Card would be able to.

However, locking the player out of getting trade in value for things they've paid for is a disgusting swindle. No ambivalence here. Shame on everyone involved in this decision.

Bilpopas

Can I get this pack from my friend account?(PS4)