2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

fw3

[GTAO] The Bought It, Sold It Thread

Tekno_Gecko

Only thing i ever bought then sold immediately waa the Revolter.

Ended up buying the windsor instead afterwards

SergioMath

Many in my list...

Revolter

Hunter

Cyclone

Bombushka

Starling

Molotok

Roosevelt Valor

Buccaneer Custom (I have bennified it thrice, and thrice sold as well, normal Buccaneer yay)

APC

Half track

Dune Buggy

Brawler

The list would be way longer if I could sell the armored boxville, ruiner and their siblings...

DentureDynamite

Too many to remember lol, but of the ones I do recall:

- Brawler (pretty much useless vehicle)
- Tempesta (not bad; just not better than my Entity XF or Zentorno)

I'll be purging several other vehicles soon, including the Havok; possibly also the Vigilante--it it had better armor I'd consider keeping it.

IMO, the Thruster is a definite keeper; it's the Buzzard's long-lost brother. :)

Edited by DentureDynamite

Smokewood

So you guys don't test drive first?

lol seriously, get someone in game to let you test one out before you buy... common sense.

At the very LEAST watch a youtube video first....

tasic89

Sincerely,

I bought a lot of stuff that I don't use too much, or are "obsolete" due to new items added in the game. For all of them I had a "buyer remorse" in some moment of my gta career just because "if I could only sell that Valkyre, or If I saved money instead of buying yacht on discount, I could now easily buy _______ " . But I wanted those item in the past, just bcs of some variety in the game or something.

I never bought and never will buy golden luxor or bombushka, bcs they are super useless.

Because my gta online "career" started late, in july 2017, I think that I made all the right moves in the beginning. CEO, IE VW (cheapest, but at start when you have limited resources, that was the best move), than mc, coke and bunker. Vehicles - Kuruma armored, buzzard. This are what you need honestly. If I would start again, than Arcadius, LaPuerta VW, integrity way, route 68 bunker, zacundo river facility would be mine purchases, including kuruma and buzzard. Teleport stuff and everything is super close (route 68 facility seems better, but that hill and random parking my cars in facility made me hate it).

TL;DR - I regret really only spending too much money, around 3-4 millions on hangar style/layout options. I just wanted a good combination of colors and that, but now - I think that spending that much money on hangar was super stupid from me. The ones I buy and sold after - RB E7, Tempesta, XA21 and some other super cars, just because I find them useless in 2017/2018 to own, bcs everybody is using some kind of weaponized vehicle in online session, and I dont know anyone who actually admires your car (only for t20 i received "compliments" xD ). Everybody is just using your non armored cars for easy kill :D Also Shotaro - ugly AF for me, and only slightly better than Bati 801, but comparing to price... Since I am not a racing type, I dont regret a bit of selling that one. Vagner was a "instant" super car that was sold - it was too "light" for my driving style, very good handling, but in free roam even slight collision with an object made it spining or something xD

xwinkx_girlYakuza

I feel your pain op. But no matter how much i hate something i have a 5 day before selling rule. I'd only use that vehicle for the next 5 days if i happen to hate it upon purchased(the ones i love i don't do this). I'd use it to do missions, free roam, heists(if possible). After 5 days, I was amazed at how many vechicle grew on me. There were tons of them i can't wait to sell as well.. maybe i'm frugal :lol:

ps. but before the 5 day rule i bought and sold the regular Kuruma in 3 minutes coz i thought i had to buy the regular version and upgrade it to the armored version.. that was a sad day for me coz i only had enough to buy the armored one :cry:

I like the idea of the 5 day rule. For me, I don't play so much as I used to, so I often give it a little longer simply due to not being online.

However, there have been a few cases where it was more like a 5 minute rule... good grief, while some cars looked great, they ended up just being completely useless!

(and not that this looked great, because seeing it here made me throw up my rice cake, a little)

0_0.jpg

Oh my.. that car :monocle:

Zarpy

i try not to sell anything immediately after buying it simply because im careful with my money (well i was before glitching) but one thing I did insta-sell was one of the Schafter's I believe because I bought the wrong one :p

KD142000

Well, I may get hated on for this, but the T20.

In short I despise this car. It's so smug, if you catch my drift. My friends in GTAO ALL have T20's so it's such a common car to me. It's ugly, uninspired and the car it's based on is just as ugly and smug. It has no interesting qualities...no cool exhausts, lights...nothing. It's boring. I hate the damn thing and I always will! Aren't supercars supposed to be interesting as well as fast?! Looks like they missed that memo.

Sold in literally 10 seconds of owning it. Sad excuse for a car!

irish.chr

Aren't supercars supposed to be interesting as well as fast?! Looks like they missed that memo.

If you call ugly space ships with 60 mile long spoilers "interesting" then sure...

Killer Whale

Rapid GT and Banshee 900R... three times.

Worst part is that I rebought them... and sold them yet again.

They were better times, economy was better.

-Silence*

The weaponized Tampa. Bought it last week, used it once to do criminal damage then realized I didn't really like it & had no real use for it otherwise.

Gettin up

Bought Coil Cyclone drove it 2 times, sold it.

Sanches

Rapid GT, then i realised that there's Massacro.

fw3

Rapid GT and Banshee 900R... three times.

Worst part is that I rebought them... and sold them yet again.

They were better times, economy was better.

Says it all, right there.

The properties I bought in 2014 aren't doing it for me. I wish we could just sell them back.

From 2-car garages to Bunkers, Offices, and Facilities.

Funny how we can buy vehicles and sell them back, but not other items in the game that cost so much more.

Also, I just bought the new Viseris and while it's a decent car, it just feels heavy and limited.

Sure, you can give it weapons, but I don't need another rolling reticule while I drive around LS.

Not sure... I'll have to keep it for a while, for now, but really... I'd love to get rid of that Hangar. <sigh>

d7eae8f03f85b279b65cf17154604981.png

-Silence*

Just did this one; the Comet Safari. Ordered it, shipped it to LSC (never drove it), built a pretty sweet looking one, only to find out the camera angle's on it make it useless to drive since you can't see over the roof and directly in front of the car. Drove from the city up to Paleto bay, snapped a few pics then sold it, which is a shame because it was actually pretty fun to drive.

Edited by -Silence*

Duckdude001
Posted (edited)

Bought the ultralight with trade price during the days of SR dlc, did no customization on it whatsoever and immediately sold it after those f*king bastards patched the infinite barrage glitch for the hunter when the new heist dlc came. Im still pissed that they did that. The barrage glitch made the hunter such a powerful heli without needing co-pilot. I still keep the hunter tho, its still very powerful but better when being used with co-pilot.

Edited by Duckdude001

Sanches

Oh, i know! Rat Loader. Yeah, i bought it, modified it and then it killed me with it's handling.
But since i bought 3rd garage (rusty vehicles only!) maybe i'll get this thing again.

Rykjeklut

I bought the Streiter last Friday, and I sold it an hour later. Had a feeling it couldn't be as bad as I thought. But it was. And so incredibly ugly. Oh well.

Lucy_Woooolfe
Posted (edited)

The Mamba. A wonderful car in many aspects, but to me that generic muscle car dash looked particularly unfitting on this one and somehow hit a nerve. Silly, I know, but I was so disappointed! Probably going to buy her again some day anyway, addiction to the AC Ace/Cobra running deep ;)

A Benny treatment would be nice ...

EDIT: Just bought the Mamba again. Drove it, wonderful, must have been temporarily insane on that day. So now I officially have no insta-sell to offer :)

Edited by Lucy_Woooolfe

JohnSawyer

Of all the things I wish I never bought were the lowriders. They were just collecting dust in a garage till the next update when I actually sold all of them to buy the new cars.

Also I sold my Hunter only after using it a couple times because it didn't prove itself very usefull in a fight. To heavy and not very agile, lot's of firepower that you can't even use because you get shot down before you do anything. Actually I've bought the Akula later when it was on sale, probably never gonna sell it, I just love the way it handles. Certainly less firepower but it's so agile you can last much longer in a fight. Also being able to go in stealth mode is very usefull to escape when you heli is smoking.

Gotta agree with Deluxo, I haven't sold mine yet because I feel like that would be a waste of money and it's not like I really have any problems with buying other stuff and I still like the car, but I just simply never use it because it's useless. Slow on the ground, slow in the air, not very usefull in a fight and is only good for having some fun sometimes when you are bored, but I have a sh*t ton of other cars and my Akula along with some planes to do that. Probably gonna sell it when something interesting comes out.

Turismo R is a car I always liked the looks of, but when I bought it I actually felt like it's not a car I'm gonna drive much, probably gonna sell it.

Sold my Fugaloa the next day after buying it, nice car but not much use for it. Pretty much a car for car meets only. Other than that there's no use for it.

FukNRekd

Methinks you f*cked up selling the hunter. It's no buzzard but it's very agile with race handling and upgraded engine. With chaffe or flares it has countermeasures for those that know how and when to use them.

I've had a nightshark since around level 50 or 75. Since I bought a new insurgent pickup custom, kuruma and yesterday a new APC, I decided to sell the nightshark. Haven't driven it in months and don't need it. I was kind of sad as I was driving it to LSC. Really a great handling vehicle and fun to drive. Just obsolete now. :(

Blasterman4EVER

EDIT:

The jetpack is novelty only.

fw3

EDIT: The jetpack is novelty only.

I dunno... I love that thing. If used correctly, it's one of the most fun griefing vehicles in the game. <sigh> ;)

McGhee

Bought and sold just about any car/motorcycle in the game besides most of the supercars for which I have absolutely no desire. Would sell a few safe houses, businesses and garages if I could and throw in the useless yacht for free.

Can't imagine why I ever thought I needed all those garages and safe houses to store cars anymore. They're all empty now. I've even had a few cars I bought and sold, then bought and sold again. Some even more than twice. Since this evening I only have 3 cars and they are in my office garages. 3 cars, 60 spots. One of them might even be sold again some day.

Le biatch

Bought and sold just about any car/motorcycle in the game besides most of the supercars for which I have absolutely no desire. Would sell a few safe houses, businesses and garages if I could and throw in the useless yacht for free.

Can't imagine why I ever thought I needed all those garages and safe houses to store cars anymore. They're all empty now. I've even had a few cars I bought and sold, then bought and sold again. Some even more than twice. Since this evening I only have 3 cars and they are in my office garages. 3 cars, 60 spots. One of them might even be sold again some day.

If you only have houses then I suggest you buy garages to take place of them and get some good cash in return. I did that recently cause my daily costs were killing my bank account and I usually don't ever step foot in them anyway.

stagolee

Hunter. If the guns could be controlled by the pilot, I may have kept it a bit longer.

I only like to drive the Speedo, so everything else I've tried has been a owned very briefly, apart from the APC which comes out when it's needed.

Moose-Mayhem

I do this all the time. Just last week I repurchased the weaponized Tampa and realised (again) within moments how truly horrible it is.

Purchased the Issi Classic today as it looks like my first car. I thought it would be bad but I hoped it wouldn't. Guess what? Should have listened to my gut and not bothered as I sold it within five minutes. Just awful...

whywontyoulisten

I do this all the time. Just last week I repurchased the weaponized Tampa and realised (again) within moments how truly horrible it is.

I prefer the handling of the Weaponised Tampa to the original, which disappeared within a couple of weeks. Omnis didn't even last long enough to be f*cked over by Rockstar's "improvements". Nero lasted longer than it should have purely because I liked watching the spoiler. Hideous car.

KWF1981

Goodbye Trophy Truck and Desert Raid...

(Thanks to the BF400), I hardly knew ye.

It's bollocks though. :(

fw3

Goodbye Trophy Truck and Desert Raid... I hardly knew ye.

Oh man, those lasted about two days for me. I was SOOOO disappointed!

At least those we could sell back... I bought the MTL Dune without realizing it was a Pegasus call-in, which I've called-in for exactly twice.

No resale on that POS. I have more fun in the fire engine (also made by MTL, by the way).

maxresdefault.jpg