2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

fw3

[GTAO] The Bought It, Sold It Thread

Bloodytears1666

Hydra. Never used one before outside HLR heist, but when Smugglers run came up, been needed something like helicopter, but not that slow. Damn, I watch on it erryday in my hangar and thinking, how could I did it, 3m for this massive metal garbage I can't even sell.

Progen Itali gtb, ugliest car I ever seen. Nothing makes it better, nor LSC nor Benny's.

Volganor

The Comet Safari. I bought it, drove it to the Avenger to try and make it look as "stock" as possible, saw that it didn't work and immediately sold it. I don't like the forced rally parts and the raised suspension.

Way to dance around something that people have been wishing for a very long time without addressing it directly: a stock Comet Retro. Seriously, how hard can that be? It's a shame that one of the most hyped vehicles of I/E was never fully delivered.

Edited by Volganor

Mogg

the zentorno

looks like a trollmobile, and is one. didn't like racing it, and i really tried liking it too. bought it, upgraded it, drove it around, raced it once, sold it. back to the t20 for supers.

since then (2015) i can't think of any purchases i've regretted to the point of selling them damn near immediately tho. i've done some "i rly want taht, nao!!" ones, but i've always had a stow-away garage for those, in case i want to drive them around again.

as for the race cars, they get sold the moment they're no longer competitive. put down with no remorse. i've kept a couple since i liked loafing around in freeroam with them.

other than that, as some have touched, pegasus mispurchases - staying with me forever.

Steamy_breezy

SC1

That pice of garbage never saw light coming.

LizzieLynn

I sold my Oppressor pretty quickly, I just found it super tacky and sorta boring after a day or two.

Most of the lowriders are things I've bought and then sold back within a week every time. Same with every super car I've ever owned. Just not my thing I guess.

I would love to be able to sell a majority of my Pegasus vehicles, the bunker, MC Clubhouse (and related businesses), the MOC, and all but 1 of my regular properties. I have too much trash on my minimap, even with all the races and stuff turned off.

As much as I'd love to claim I'd love to sell some of the clothes back, I don't even do that in real life, so I don't see me doing it in GTAO.

Oh and that giant, floating waste of 10 million dollars that's been sitting dormant right off the highway since I/E came out. That things needs to go.

Sauce béarnaise

Zentorno didn't even own it for a couple hours. Also Karin Technical Custom, what a joke.

MikeMyth

You can actually make the Visione look pretty nice, but yeah, a lot of those cars are ugly or not worth getting.

GenericGTAO

I tend to collect rather than sell. If I buy it, I will hold on to it especially if it was expensive. I will sell lesser price vehicles. I have not bought very many doomsday vehicles. I am out of space. I view all the vehicles that take garage spots with a keen eye today. Cause I do not like to sell stuff. I have never bought a vehicle then sold it immediately. But I have bought and sold the gang burrito at least 3 times. Its currently sold to make room.

Edited by GenericGTAO

Cutter De Blanc

High End Apartment

staar

Lampadati Furore GT- Good looks, but had a small and weak engine.

Dewbauchee Exemplar- Ok looking, but the handling was bad imo, almost none customisation

Dewbauchee Rapid GT- same as the Exemplar

Pfister Comet- The worst sports car I have ever driven.

Coil Voltic- Not fast nor special enough to take up space in the garage and no customisation

Vapid Speedo- Don't know why I got it in the first place, I think to roleplay as a pedo with a white van who kidnaps kids outside of school but they aren't no kids in this game so it was kind of hard to do and it was usless at anything else.

Edited by staar

_47_

That god aweful Bombushka when gunrunning released. Took it out, flew it, hated it, got blown up by a Hydra griefer which made me hate it more. Kept it in the hangar for about a week. Sold it.

jpm1

concerning the deluxo it's an 80s car so don't expect ultra fast cars. personnally i didn't buy it, as i simply never had been a delorean fan. i bought the stromberg, and i'm seriously falling in love with that little 80s design car. but i totally understand that some Vice city fans felt in love with the deluxo.

honeslty i sold 75% of the cars i bought. mostly because i didn't find my dream car, which is a small, nice looking car. and as there is no such vehicle in GTA, i test, and keep testing, and most of the time i finally sell it to LSC. there are few sure values though that i'm pretty sure i'll never sell:

my Windsor cabriolet

WJOJ2eE.jpg

my bifta

TU5IBUH.jpg

my armored V12

KRTGZ8R.jpg

and yeah i'd definitley like to be able to sell stuff like properties. but with R* one shouldn't have to be in a hurry sometimes :lol:

Edited by jpm1

Zaniness

Tornado Rat Rod.

Expected some amazing customization, couldn't even change the wheels.

Also, Sultan RS. Turns out I don't like making carbon holes in cars filled with rivets.

Deltroid

Windsor drop, thought its gonna be a good car for traveling as 4 and also very stylish, but nope, handled like a piece of sh** and also wasnt really that fast i imagined. What a waste but at least looks nice.

Foreverpast

Can't say I ever bought something that I ended up making a "Regret & Resell" on.

When new cars come out, I test them out in a solo race via Criminal Records.

As an aircraft collector, no regrets with buying any.

Some apartment purchases I've deemed not worth it afterwards, but still haven't backtracked on/not that big of a deal.

Edited by Foreverpast

Sentinel Driver

Rogue. Handling sucks, explosive mg sucks, it's a personal aircraft so calling it suffers from stupid cooldowns. What advantages does the rogue offer over the hydra? Bombs? those are useless. Countermeasures? You don't need those on a fast plane. Slightly better top speed? Well ain't that f*cking great. The rogue is also more expensive. Although it appears to be cheaper you actually have to go through several paywalls to get it fully functional. You need to own a hangar with the mechanic add-on to customize it and then you need to fork out several hundred k for the weapon mods. With the hydra you pay 3m and you get the full package no bullsh*t

wangsparkinglot

Nightshade.

Drove from the garage on Supply street to the LSC and sold it before tuning

That front end is sooooooooo poo flavoured

Zee Gate Keepa

The only car that I ever sold that I had to buy off one of the in game websites was the Bullet. It was my first super car because it was cheap and I love anything Ford GT. Immediately, I hated the fact that it didn't have racing stripes up the middle ... then I drove it. Hated it, but gave it three days to grow on me.

Sold it to buy a Banshee that I still have to this day.

FukNRekd

The Insurgent. Nightshark does the job better and much quicker for me.

I'm considering the MOC'S Hauler, too. Want to drive the Phantom first, just to make sure.

MaxBazooka01

I sold my banshee 900r, the handling was terrible and I didn't use it that much compared to my other vehicles.

Is this The Guy?

Pretty much all the aircraft from the newer updates, the handling for a lot of them is just annoying. I wanted to love the havok because it was so small and seems like it would be fun to fly but it ended up being a pain in the ass.

I thought I was doing something wrong with the Hunter when I couldn’t get into it but from reading some of these replies looks like I’m not the only one not impressed by it

The Spook

Bought it, Sold it

The Classic Sentinel = Been a fan of sentinels since GTA 3, but it's more of a drift car, the ass of it swings around too much for my taste. Had it all of about 10 minutes.

The Coil Cyclone = The acceleration of that thing is... orgasmic. Unfortunately it doesn't corner worth a damn. Got rid of it after a day.

The APC = I was thinking this was going to be the solution to Hydras... until a Hydra took mine out, easily. It's not hard to destroy on foot either. kept it for weeks, got rid of it.

The Dune Buggy = The gun on it is useless, it only fires in front. A slight nudge from anything... another car, a rock, a hard enough gust of wind, and it fishtails. Got rid of that after several hours.

Faction = I like old school Buick Regals, I had 2 of them. It's not very fast though, and after taking it to Benny, it rolls over easily. Sold both when I needed the money.

ash-274

Generally I research before I buy anything "big ticket"

The only things I've sold like that were my Benny's Primo lowrider and my X80. Not because I hated them, but I was never driving them around and I didn't like the look of them enough to have them as garage eye-candy.

I have a lot of un-sellable things I'd love to sell, even for 10% of what they cost (or I'd even PAY to get rid of the Dump and Crusader from my Pegasus list!).

Edited by ash-274

Blasterman4EVER

Everything. I've bought... and sold... everything. And I hate myself.

Cutter De Blanc

Sold my Armored Kuruma once I got the Duke'O'Death.

I sold my Contender too. Not truck enough.

Foreverpast

Bought the Deluxo for it's classic style, sold it immediately after seeing it being spammed in-game as the next Oppressor.

WillProx

RE-7B. Twice

Bought it first when the CS is out. Then sold it for I/E stuff (I regret it, because i bought Ruiner 2000 after), then bought it again. And then i switched to female character, and sold all my things from the old char. Lucky me, when i was started to thinking "Welp, if they won't release super car i really like in next DLC i'll go for RE-7B third time" they created Autarch.

deadx23

Bought 20 tyrus sold 5 and continuing to sell ;)

Spaceboy M

I wish I could sell that stupid MOC and Bunker. I bought it after I bought the avenger and facility and only bought it so that i could do research and unlock sh*t. Spent so much money on that stupid thing. I was much happier when I just had my avenger and facility. I can't even choose what to do research in. And the mobile command center just sucks all around. :angry:

FukNRekd

Generally I research before I buy anything "big ticket"

^^ This. ^^

In fact, right after I bought my nightshark I drove my son's insurgent and liked it. The insurgents were on sale for like $600k so I bought it, upgraded it, drove it for 3 days and sold it at a loss.

I "might" look at the insurgent P/U but I've spent a while delivering weapons with them and would still rather have my nightshark or bob ("if" we could use the bob for that).