2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

fw3

[GTAO] The Bought It, Sold It Thread

fw3

One of the only things that bothers me more than the "Connection lost due to unknown error" message and sliding down the side of a mountain with no way to stop except dying, is when I purchase a vehicle in GTAO and immediately regret it upon driving or flying it.

It's been happening since the early days when I bought a Super Diamond, thinking it was going to be the best luxury sedan in the game, great for tooling around and even better for racing. Yeah, no. Sold it within ten minutes.

More recently, that little Havok helicopter lasted about a day. I got tired of trying to land it on rooftops only to have it bounce around like the landing gear was made of bouncy house material. And not to mention, being blown up every time I used it. Sold!

Sure, we take a huge loss when buying a vehicle for $300,000 to 1.5M, only to recoup a measly portion of the initial cost, but I'd rather spend that money on something more important like P's & Q's or refilling my mysteriously empty Grenade Launcher, that, dangit... I thought I just filled that?

Last night, I bought the new Deluxo thinking it was going to be a devastating flying machine. Yeah, no.

It's unimpressive lack of power, wet noodle handling, and the idea that it's almost as notorious as it's real life counterpart, the Delorean, made it simply unfun for me in all regards, especially when compared to the Rocket Voltic or the Oppressor which, again for me, are just 1000 times more fun.

So, sorry Deluxo, back you go despite the insulting financial loss.

TL;DR - Have you had this happen to you? If so, what was your experience in buying a vehicle, only to be so dissatisfied, you turned around and sold it back right away?

Also, what is your opinion on the ability to sell Pegasus vehicles, clothing, weapons, properties, etc?

Curious, as always, as to how others see this stuff. Thanks for reading & cheers! :)

2017-delorean-1.jpg

SHADOW OPS

Have you tried the Deluxo over water?

My friend sold his hunter immediately. Hated it.

I sold my voodoo custom immediately.

Way too slow.

septimoose

The Havok for me was also a buy-sell within 10 minutes.

Maybe I'm just a terrible pilot but the inability to land wherever I wanted was a real buzzkill. It's like the Buzzard for people who don't like Buzzards.

There's too many supercars to count that I've bought and been like "well this has terrible handling, top speed, braking" and sold them instantly. A lot of them recently feel like driving on snow in real life.

As for buying/selling Pegasus vehicles, I'd personally love that option. Mainly because so few of my Pegasus vehicles ever get used, and getting to their number in the list is so annoying.

I'd also like to be able to sell some of my businesses tbh... That Document Forgery Office hasn't seen any work in well over a year.

Also, it may be an unpopular opinion but I'm not really feeling the Thruster. I think I'll keep it for nostalgia's sake though.

Edited by septimoose

Steamy_breezy

The Havok for me was also a buy-sell within 10 minutes.

I'd also like to be able to sell some of my businesses tbh... That Document Forgery Office hasn't seen any work in well over a year.

Hahahahaha, I'm sorry, but this just crack me up.

I can relate to the Havok as well.

As soon as I took off in my Volatol with the Impotente Rage livery...I just knew this sh*t woulden't last.

Mind you, I feel the same way about many Vehicles.

But if anything, I don't sell cars becouse I regret, I sell stolen cars & bunker instead.

Sure, I'd like to get rid of my RCV w water cannons only.... I can't find the option on where or how to sell it. not sure if it's even possible atm.

However, f*ck it. When you start to take your self to seriously, if when you need to step back and remind your self.

It's a game.

It's suppose to be fun.

Edited by Steamy_breezy

JON22

Apart from Pegasus vehicles, most of my PVs are off the street and I've had some since Xbox 360 days. My best vehicle is a fully tuned Elegy. I sometimes buy an Entity but end up selling it later.

I don't think I've kept any of the new storable vehicles since moving to current gen. I bought a current gen vehicle from the Smuggler's Run update then sold it because it liked to spin out. Too expensive, and I hate that they don't deform when crashing into a wall.

Oh, but I have the Duke of Death and the sport versions of the Dominator, Buffalo and the other ones because free.

Edited by JON22

Hazzardtohimself

Omnis - bought and tuned.

Shortly thereafter found that it was too slow to make some jumps on R*'s own stunt tracks.

Sold.

Z-Type - bought.

Driving it to LSC (this was before office garages / workshops) I saw the exhaust clipping through the ground.

Sold upon entering LSC before tuning.

Several Pegasus vehicles - bought.

Used them once or twice for novelty.

Can't sell, but would if I could!

Dr.Rosenthal

Im glad I tried the Hunter during a hangar cargo mission before buying it, because I had been saving up for it and when trying it it didnt do nothing for me. But then that was probably the opposite of what youre after since that made me feel I had just gotten 4 mil to spend on something else.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I did buy the Zentorno when it was fairly new. Took it for a 2 min spin and then decided to sell it, lol. Thats probably my prime example. Car looks like sh*t from a spaceship and handling so terribly boring so that was an instasell.

UKPortista

The one thing this update has really brought home is how much superfluous crap I own. I fully intend to do some housekeeping over the next few weeks and streamline my fleet, particularly all the sh*t I bought (and rarely used) from Gunrunning and Smuggler's updates. I may also clear out some of the things I've bought over the last 24 hours (I can't say I'm blown away by either the Akula or the Stromberg).

Even though I'm not short of a few quid, I really need to start being a little more selective about where I spend my money.

No Use For A Name

Alpha Z1. Hated the handling. Cool looking plane, really fast, but my gosh the handling was bad.

Havok: great heli but its no fun not being able to land

Rogue: horrible dog fighter due to poor handling. I might repurchase it later as a plane to fly around in because its great for that, but its combat days are over

Dune FAV, Half-Track: both lousy off-road and I dont care about the pvp aspect. Bye Felicias

wizooord

the Hot rod / rat butt / whatever its name is, i can't make use of it, and i'm not a fan of the looks :p

Verbal Soze

Well usually i sell these things because their functions are still outclassed by their predecessor, successor or just because it don't have lots of purpose, why am i keeping the APC when i can have the Khanjali railgun tank? And yeah i have a long list of it

Alpha Z1

Havok

Ultralight

Starling

Akula

Chernobog

Nokota yes nokota

Primo custom

Minivan custom

Slamvan Custom

Faction Custom

X80 proto

Visione

Reaper

RE7B

Insurgent custom

APC

Insurgent

Schafter V12 normal version

Dewbauchee specter

Dewbaucher seven-70

Adder

Cyclone

Banshee 900R

I would also like to sell the ruiner 2k but sadly we can't sell it, so yeah

MemesDoComeTrue

The Bombushka, it wasn't an immediate sell but since it was so slow I only flew it twice before selling.

Watain

I've sold most of the cars I ever bought except for a selected few. I never was much of a car fanatic in this game (seeing as I'm primarily a biker anyway), but most recently the only cars I keep around are the 80's sports classics. I have a thing for 80's cars so they are all keepers. Everything else I've sold at this point in favor of buying new stuff as every new DLC comes out.

Some notable mentions:

Chimera - Bought it along with all the other bikes upon the Bikers DLC's release. Hated the unchangeable stock wheels and its handling. Kept it around the clubhouse for a while but later sold it to make space and buy something else.

Thrust - Liteally bought it, took it for a test drive, went to LSC and sold it. I hated everything about it: looks, handling, (slow) speed, etc.

BF400 - Same as above.

Monroe - Loved its looks but that was about it. I didn't like its handling and it's a bit too slow.

Nero Custom - Bought it because it had a Sprunk livery. I loved the livery, its handling, its looks in general, but the unremovable spoiler (note: custom version) was a real eyesore and I just couldn't stand it.

Fatsanchez

I've had this with that new Stromberg. That car is VERY ugly (nowhere as cool as the S1), its VERY slow on the water, doesn't float... And I paid the full price. And it got me down from 8 to 5M (precious money) after spending almost 10M on the new stuff. Instant regret for me. Very disappointing.

Edit: I've had the same with the R2k, but at least, I only bought it with that 50% discount that we got before DDH dropped. So it's less of a pain. Now I love the Deluxo. It flies, dude! (i dont care about the weapons in that car, didnt even install them)

Edited by Fatsanchez

Nihilist.

I'm a cautious buyer, so I did not regret purchasing something enough to sell it (so maybe I'm not the right person to contribute in this topic), however there's couple of vehicles I don't like as much as I thought I will. The only things I may regret getting are rims and paintjobs, and replace them when I find out I'm not satisfied with how my vehicle looks.

Insurgent could be a good example - I was never interested in PvP, so I've bought it just because it's one of the vehicles that could be useful in certain situations - I drove it few times ever since the purchase, to and from LSC, to install discounted performance parts. Same with Hydra, recent additions - Rogue and Alpha-Z1 (Molotok's cool, though). As it turns out, all I need for christmas is Buzzard - this thing helped me a lot with Sightseer and car exporting, decreasing travel times to bare minimum, I don't regret a single dollar I've spent on it.

Then, there's few vehicles that just don't look right for some reason, and I never can customize them to be simply perfect. Warrener, Felon GT, Elegy RH8 and Peyote come to my mind - whatever I'd try, they always leave some room for improvements. I don't want to sell them, but I'm not happy with them either.

Dburger

-Virgo Classic. Bought one immediately when it came out, took it to Benny's and upgraded it...then just wasn't feeling it so I sold it (I like my lowriders subtle)

25922015305_93ef6a6f90_b.jpg

25827070671_e74f78dea8_b.jpg

-Same thing with the Youga Classic. Got all hyped when it came out, bought one, loved how I ended up customizing it. So slow though, and the interior just didn't match the 70s boogie van exterior. Sold it even though it turned out looking awesome. Give us an option to put shag carpet inside and an older dashboard/gauges/steering wheel and I might buy one again. Also needs a muscle car V8 sound, and having some spoilers would be cool too.

31145712980_a160cc90a8_b.jpg

-Bought this Faction to make it into a donk when they first came out. I had purchased a Faction that I turned into a lowrider in green before, and it came in a dark matte green (never painted it or put any graphics on it - subtle). This one was also ordered in green and came like this. Decided I didn't want a donk and just drove it up the street to Beeker's.

26020349686_42b2a8fe2b_b.jpg

vs. my lowrider Faction for reference (did keep that one until the end, as explained below)

22399022697_60fd0b815a_b.jpg

-Burger Shot Stallion. I played GTA V on last gen but didn't have my router set up to where I could run an ethernet cable to it from my Xbox 360, so I never played online until I got an Xbox One and hence why I could only get a Burger Shot Stallion. Then they announced that the benefits for returning players would be going away, so I rigged my Xbox up to my router just to make a new character and get the Dukes, Blista Compact, Dodo, etc. Ended up deleting my current character (was a rank 275 or so) and starting over. Then, I think it was a week or two later, they announce that the old returning player benefits would be available to everybody. Great.

28324225061_b78ce8c6cd_b.jpg

I also just have this tendency to suddenly want a random non-supercar, buy it, and get tired of it within a week and take a loss. Recently did that with the Nightshade. Replaced it with a Glendale because I wanted to feel like I was in Vice City/Miami in the late 80s, but I'm about to sell that and put the money toward a Deluxo. Was contemplating getting a Warrener until this update came up. Maybe I'll finally stop now.

Edited by Dburger

xTBx23

Can you sell aircraft now?

fw3

Yes, but only the one's you buy. I tried to sell my URL glitched Cargobob, but I'm stuck with it. Same with the Titan and Dodo, too. <sigh>

I've had this with that new Stromberg. That car is VERY ugly (nowhere as cool as the S1), its VERY slow on the water, doesn't float... And I paid the full price. And it got me down from 8 to 5M (precious money) after spending almost 10M on the new stuff. Instant regret for me. Very disappointing.

Edit: I've had the same with the R2k, but at least, I only bought it with that 50% discount that we got before DDH dropped. So it's less of a pain. Now I love the Deluxo. It flies, dude! (i dont care about the weapons in that car, didnt even install them)

I agree with the Stromberg, but I'm holding onto it for now. I'm likely going to ditch it, too. It's got no real use unless you get five of them underwater, maybe?

As for the Deluxo, I looked for weapons options but didn't see any? If they are there and I missed them, I'd be fine with repurchasing (tho it would sting for a while).

Dburger

As for the Deluxo, I looked for weapons options but didn't see any? If they are there and I missed them, I'd be fine with repurchasing (tho it would sting for a while).

You can only equip the weapons in a MOC according to the appreciation thread.

Edited by Dburger

Arrows to Athens

The Rogue.

Fireboy769

I bought the Vigilante

Then Doomsday got announced and the Deluxo was shown

I sold it for 2.5 mil

Edited by Fireboy769

IceDree

Yes, but only the one's you buy. I tried to sell my URL glitched Cargobob, but I'm stuck with it. Same with the Titan and Dodo, too. <sigh>

You can only sell the Aircrafts that require a Hangar. (Alpha, Rogue, Bombushka... Etc).

Pegasus aircrafts (Cargobob, Buzzard...etc) can be stored or removed from the Hangar, but NOT from your Pegasus collection.

The-Ghost

The Ruston, horrible looking car, I thought the customization would be great and cover the stupid look but I was wrong.

I bought it, took a quick look on it, then drove it off the cliff in Chiliad to blow it up and sold it after calling the insurance.

HollowNetwork

Ubermacht sci

Arrows to Athens

Ubermacht sci

That thing looks like an abomination. I was seriously hoping for some Ubermacht coupes or even SUV's, but no, instead, we get a futuristic-looking butchered supercar.

ciel

Is this thread dedicated to me? So me tbh lol. I bought the Deluxo then sold it 2 hours later, I can't be arsed with it. I can't fly it, if I don't connect with a vehicle I sell it. I'd sell my Hydra if I could,

Edited by xxi

Fugitive69

98% of everything buyable and sellable that is not real estate.

KWF1981

This is a cool thread dude, for sure 'buyer's remorse' is large in this game.

Partly because of the way it's added to also, IMO. Anyway, different thread, lol...

For sure, so many cars, so many bad choices.

Windsor, Windsor Drop, Z-Type, Super Diamond, Couple of Pegasus boats too.

Just all bought on a whim, had a small Sedan Class fetish for a spell in and around the crates DLC coming out. All gone now to make room for the fancy and elaborate toys I actually enjoy, and my monster muscle car collection.

If I'd had the room, I'd probably of kept the Z-Type, and I'm sure there's cars I'm forgetting at the moment too.

Nearing $200m spent on vehicles and maintenance. And that really doesn't look like ending any time soon, lol.

Blasterman4EVER

I bought the jetpack.

So far, I've accepted it's not gamebreaker in terms of combat, but....

This is the top of the mountain for everything we've been talking about in GTA for the last four years.

Just seeing my stupid character standing upright with his lousy tattoos, hovering across the horizon in cinematic camera mode...

Rockstar went nuclear, literally and figuratively with this update. It's the final bomb before Red Dead 2.

So I'm just going to be f*cking off in my jetpack. Ain't selling it.

Thanks for the wisdom on the Delorean though.

TLDR: You might not have buyer's remorse over the jetpack if you liked San Andreas at all.

TheFroggmann

Of recent memory:

Bombuska: Bought it immediately, then I realized it was just a (very) slow moving target that allowed anyone with a noob tube an easy kill. Most disappointing aspect is that any time a police helicopter decided to Kamikaze into it it would drop like a rock.

Hunter: I f*cking hate this helicopter. Twitchy at slow speeds impossible to turn at high speeds. Yes it has good armament but useless in freeroam. I can't tell you how many of these things I Have shot down.

Voodoo: I've "bought" this car twice and I'm about to sell it for the second time. Love the body lines but whomever put the office chair casters on it needs to be shot.

Faction: Again bought twice and sold twice. I like the stock form but hate the fact it gets stuck on every curb in the game. Bennieing it fixes this but again the wheels are too small.