2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Ghoffman9

Doomsday Heist Enemies Heavily Buffed

Ghoffman9

After running some missions on hard I realized they buffed the enemies a lot. They take much more damage if its not a headshot and they deal incredible amounts of damage. You can blink for half a second and most of your health is gone. This is difficulty spiking in the laziest way if you ask me. I should be able to peak up from cover and not be a needle point away from death.

There is no lazier way to make a game harder than increasing the health of the enemy and the damage they deal. Lets them get away with stupid sh*t whilst you have very little room for error.

Edited by Ghoffman9

Zarbon

I like the difficulty. Git gud, maybe?

.Diana McFarland.

Yah.

Even before this heist NPC's were aimbots.

Ghoffman9

Yah.

Even before this heist NPC's were aimbots.

Except now they cranked their health up to eleven and make them do insane amounts of damage. The difference is very noticeable.

Skill changes nothing if the second you peek from cover you get shot and lose most of your health in like two or three hits. No amount of skill can change that. The bots don't miss, they deal more damage, and there is nothing you can do to avoid that damage. All you can do is sit and wait 30 seconds for health to regen and pray they don't insta-kill you the next time you pop up to take a shot.

A Maned Wolf

When it takes 2 full mags from an AP pistol at 10 feet to down a dude, its a forking problem.

Ghoffman9

When it takes 2 full mags from an AP pistol at 10 feet to down a dude, its a forking problem.

Its like the Division all over again where you gotta empty several mags to down one guy.

Headshots are not always available because the second you pop up to take that shot you die nearly instantly, so you blind fire which has a poor chance of landing a headshot, so you plant several mags into the guy while blind firing to down him instead.

scaldy78

start using Armor Piercing bullets maybe. It's what I'm gonna try when I get back on.

R3CON

Skill changes nothing if the second you peek from cover you get shot and lose most of your health in like two or three hits. No amount of skill can change that. The bots don't miss, they deal more damage, and there is nothing you can do to avoid that damage. All you can do is sit and wait 30 seconds for health to regen and pray they don't insta-kill you the next time you pop up to take a shot.

Yeah, it's more of an imbalance than a skill problem.

In the Facility there's a desk where the secretary will give you and anyone in your org/MC free snacks. You have to pass by it every time you go from the main lobby to the heist room way at the back of the complex. IMO this convenience is largely a counterweight to the super tough AIs, especially since the associates can now take advantage of them too.

start using Armor Piercing bullets maybe.

Armor Piercing bullets

...which are limited in number compared to standard rounds and only available at your Mobile Operation Center, including refills. A type of ammo so special it requires you to do research to attain them and thus demands that you own a Bunker for the privilege.

It's what I'm gonna try when I get back on.

jPVbkzW.gif

Edited by R3CON

Sky_Light12

are they on same level as rooftop rumble enemies ?

DandierSphinx

I personally like the difficulty and the challenge that comes with it.

However i can see how many people would not like it, also considering playing heists with randoms that tend to go rambo.

REXX

I too like its difficulty. Took a good 15 attempts to get the Khanjali :lol:

B7R

Ah the typical reply. If the AI is overpowered to the point where tasks that should be easy are really difficult, people are told to get better or in your case "Git Good".

Lol not everyone likes the difficulty and not everyone likes the robocop AI. Maybe if they adjusted the AI's programming and bring their sh*t down to a realistic level then maybe players wouldn't have any problems.

Mate I reckon you need to take a look at some of the vehicle sourcing missions or bunker supply runs for that matter and see how bad the AI is there. I got fed up of doing vehicle warehouse runs because of the overpowered AI. In the end I was coming back to my warehouse with $2000 - $8000+ damage because of the AI. How does it make any sense that the AI can lock fine onto me when I'm all over the place?

Some AI is fine but when it's overpowered then that's when the line is crossed.

elfoam

They sure are it's like a couple hour long gang attack with guys that keep getting back up. In fact in the underground base part of the first heist. I got a guy with a rpg, saw him drop, got the RP and then he stood back up ! I was just geesus I'm fighting Jesus. Not only that, in several places they can shoot through walls :0. My advice is go in with plenty of the MK II weapons and light them up. Make them stay dead.

Edited by elfoam

Halal Cyborg

They seem on the same level as the dudes in headhunter to me...as in the bodyguards around the targets...you need a headshot and when in a heli hovering they kill you in a second lol

Having said that and I'm probably behind you guys the morgue mission and the deluxo steal mission I did solo with no issues...I'm extremely careful anyway and just take my time rather than rushing...if you rush you die

I'm sure the later missions are harder though don't get me wrong.

Edit - im using the carbine mk2 btw

Ah the typical reply. If the AI is overpowered to the point where tasks that should be easy are really difficult, people are told to get better or in your case "Git Good".

Lol not everyone likes the difficulty and not everyone likes the robocop AI. Maybe if they adjusted the AI's programming and bring their sh*t down to a realistic level then maybe players wouldn't have any problems.

Mate I reckon you need to take a look at some of the vehicle sourcing missions or bunker supply runs for that matter and see how bad the AI is there. I got fed up of doing vehicle warehouse runs because of the overpowered AI. In the end I was coming back to my warehouse with $2000 - $8000+ damage because of the AI. How does it make any sense that the AI can lock fine onto me when I'm all over the place?

Always use cargobob when possible when delivering vehicles mate...they can't shoot that high.

Edited by Halal Cyborg

CrysisAverted

Love how my armor piercing full metal explosive jackets piercing their heads still don't kill them

Guess I gotta wait for rockstar to introduce another expensive mk2 upgrade that wont do sh*t because R* will of course buff every npc in the process

Xiled

the new bullet sponge enemies are highly noticeable. Also some were surviving direct hit rpg shots. They have as much health as CJ does. In gta sa, with full health and armor you can shoot 3 rockets at the ground in front of you and have health left. The enemies have way too much health. Making enemies bullet sponges is a lazy attempt at adding more bs artificial difficulty to a game.

Edited by Xiled

Hécate-II

-NPC radar blips are inactive in some setups.

But I don't complain about it.

OT those MW agents from Doomsday can take as much as damage than MW agents from VIP job Hostile Takeover, and have the default accuracy level that fits to MW agents.

Remember MW agents accuracy/behavior was nerfed in Gunrunning supply mission. So peoples could play with their rayguns...

SqualidCoyote

Phew! Glad it wasn't just me! I thought there was something wrong with my trusty Mark 2 Carbine or the armoured Karuma I was hiding behind.

dragosani00

It's quite evident that Rockstar are moving away from the core intention of this being a game (therefore something which their customers can enjoy playing) and more of a money making vehicle. I can't remember there every being a game which generates so much frustration and angst amongst it's player base. Seemingly all aspects of PVe or PVP pretty much seems to result in more people just getting pissed off rather than actually taking enjoyment from playing, that has to be wrong surely. Yet we all keep going back because depsite all the bullsh*t they throw at us and as there are just enough ways to find a way to avoid a lot of the hassle (NATting out so solo lobbies, friend only lobbies etc) it is still a very good game in its basic element.

Edited by dragosani00

Sanches

Still they're getting one shot headshot.
Not much harder.

RyuNova

I noticed that the Agents from the Biker Business Defend mission are immune to leg shots.

Its always been a good way to disable the bullet sponge enemies, just shoot them in the leg and then once again when they are on the floor for a guaranteed kill. Not these guys, you can shoot them multiple times in the leg and they get back up.

Lonely-Martin

Not really had many problems myself.

Yeah, I died a couple of times on early runs, more because I'm watching more, learning as I go, an have no real clue where I'm going. Natural, but can bite.

Though, the respawn checkpoints are significantly better IMO, a huge plus.

The Delorean, of course me and a few others approaching the water thought 'R3'... But no, it's the X button, lol. Cheeky gits. I fear everyone will restart this mission, but be patient guys. little things like this can catch even me and my friends out, many of us way past rank 500. (Admittedly, we were goofing and chatting too, lol).

Since then, helping friends get through the setups and first act, after running the jobs a few times, really not hard to learn the pinches. I think this issue is worse for some for a few reasons.

1, Too many noobs. Not being insulting, but these jobs are assuming you've played the others, and the game as a whole, naturally it'll get tougher. But also, lower rank, less health, simple as that. Max stats really do help, knowing the inventory, having 10x armour instead of 3 at rank 25... The little bits really do mount up and help. So many just do not know yet.

2, The NPC spawns. Much more clustered, you can't just run in alone and blast them without prior knowledge of where the better hiding spots are and such. Again, natural to need to learn the jobs/spawns too. Of course, some can indeed. But that player has vast experience elsewhere in the game, including PvP most likely, and they have patience even though they look like they are going 1000mph out there. Simply, get a fighter in the team.

3, TEAMWORK!. Bloody obvious really, lol. Too many just want to do theirs first. f*ck that, help your friends and do their setups as well, learn from the fails at no expense, and build an efficient team. Anyone that wants finales only, get rid. Just allow each other some time t progress, make smaller teams from your bigger group if need be too... Common sense really, but I've had to boot the odd greedy bastard from our group as the only wanted to host and run their setups and refused others, petty, and greedy... I mean, how the f*ck do you get bored on day one?. Lol...

4, Big buggy/laggy/choppy... Big trouble. Can't do a lot if someone has sh*t internet connections, or he game f*cks up. I agree this one is a bitch, disconnects (though, an invite only session definitely helps) and network errors, stuck in the clouds. All just adds to the sh*tty side to co-op. Must be improved in future, but for now, patience is advised. That low rank dying might not be much of an issue restarting, but when it messes up technically and out of anyone's control, just adds to the hosts stresses, i can't stress patience/persistence enough here.

These are team jobs. Simple as that... Communicate, learn, discuss, enjoy. Most importantly... Take your damn time!. It doesn't NEED to be done immediately. Weather the last DLC or the beginning of something more... Nothings getting added like this for a while.

Plus, though it's been lowered to 2-4 players instead of the full 4. You must expect twice the effort, and potentially much more chance of failure/time constraints. But if players can't get even just 1 competent friend (while using this site that has many looking/capable), well. Look in the mirror. Reasons.

With the amount of easy money making methods, legitimately too, just have fun, but be prepared to have to go back a step and learn like a noob again in places, and, of course, it's a heist. Teamwork is key, just like last time. You're here, look around, many want players, so add guys up and don't be greedy by only doing the jobs as a 2 person team, spread the wealth, get good together, and hit all bonuses, old and new.

Me, I've always been a lone wolf and prefer to go at my own pace, but for heisting, I respect these jobs too much with the challenges put forth, including the challenge of finding 'that' team... MC contracts were just the opportunity I needed to flourish here, and now me and many are progressing together, exploring together, and just simply having fun out there. The lower ranked players aren't sweating as they are earning well and learning too, all win here IF you have some patience/a team ethic.

They ain't spending big money on these DLC's, they don't do wholesale changes to the coding really either it seems, not changed in years. Hell, they don't fix many bugs or glitches either, so to see that even with the limited resources they use, this has, IMO, delivered a pretty solid DLC for all here. I do feel.

Genuinely always been a heister, this DLC, though I can clearly see the money side of it, does offer a player like me, awards/challenge driven, team/co-op/PvE player, quite a lot of fun here too.

Good times, good times indeed...

Still got the snow to come too, happy days!.

Peace out.

spincther

Mk2 MG with AP. 3 shot kill.

Cackling Jack

Yeah I noticed this as well. Did afew setup missions and it took a sh*t load of mg rounds to kill one NPR and he got up again. Rambo npcs have replaced Termintaor npcs.

Edited by Cackling Jack

SideStunt

I go through my snack inventory in the doomsday heist faster than in the trash truck setup from the Series A Funding heist on hard difficulty :lol:

Edited by SideStunt

Mastah

It's simply insane. I play with free aim (at least for the first time, as before that was the only option for the game to be challenging and in result fun) and it's so, so difficult:

-Terminator aiming by enemies as usual
-they have so much more health
-sniper rifle with explosive ammo no longer destroys vehicles with 1 shot
-we can't use heavy vest outfit - WTF, we are saving the world and somehow we can't use more protection :sui:

-enemies are spawning infinitely

-there are setups with very little cover to take

As I said, with free aim it's no longer enjoyable, but frustrating, having to restart so many times. When I have to use all my armor, almost all my snacks and 10k in ammo (mainly minigun) just to finish 1 setup, something is very, very wrong. If we only could use heavy vest, I would be okay with changes, but without it it's too much and certainly I won't be helping randoms like I do with normal heists. Payouts are joke compared to effort and difficulty we have to endure.

Pedinhuh

Armor Piercing rounds and Hollow points rounds are your best friends in this situation.

Also, consider a Heavy Revolver mk2 with incendiary rounds and a pump shotgun with explosive rounds.

Also, wear your heavy vest combination BEFORE joining the heist.

Edited by Pedinhuh

secrecy274

Yeah, noticed that when an NPC one-shot me at full health. We all were speechless. Granted, it forced us to actually use some tactics, two of us provided covering fire while one slowly advanced from cover to cover. We got the bastard on the second try.

Gridl0k

Shoot him in head with what, a .44 round?

He catches on fire and falls to the ground screaming

I turn away

He shakes it off and aimbots me dead