Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,761 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

xwinkx_girlYakuza

Did they do something to the Hydra controls?

smartergaming

Yes, they made handling changes... not sure that it was intentional as there are not mention in the release notes... But, it could be that they were trying to stop grievers from diving in on people with the cannons and using the vtol as a way to stop them from diving from high up... also the Oppressor has ZERO brakes when the wings are extended... not sure why they think you should not be able to use brakes on the ground when you land (unless you retract the wings)??? Good ole Rockstar logic!!! ???

The Wandering Hunter

it must be a glitch imo, it is realistic (i'm pretty sure vtol is mainly for takeoff and landing is done with those cable thingies)

but it means the hydra has lost its only benefit over the laser.

i recon the oppressor is a glitch too

although i wouldn't put it past them that this is to just make the laser and flying cat more appealing.

Edited by The Wandering Hunter

flexcreator

But, it could be that they were trying to stop grievers from diving in on people with the cannons and using the vtol as a way to stop them from diving from high up

And how is that?

I continue diving on people without a problem.

I have blown 2 Avengers and 1 new tank by diving from the air. So, these measures didn't work on me for some reason?

Normal pilots don't use VTOL as a way to stop from a dive - it's a stupid decision, you lose a lot of speed.

Speed is your defence.

You need the kinetic energy at the bottom to escape the area. gain altitude AND / OR dodge missles. Even if you kill a single player, you may have other opponents nearby.

but it means the hydra has lost its only benefit over the laser.

I can name many more benefits.

And yeah, crate pickings are still a thing, even after the changes.

Garland137

Yeah, the Hydra is f*cked. It's very difficult to land now without blowing up. Now it takes 3x longer because I have to fly upwards, switch to VTOL, and then slowly descend. If you have any downward momentum at all, you die. The vertical thrusters have no practically no upward lift at all now. I was plummeting in VTOL for several hundred feet, upward tbrust at max the whole time, and I didn't slow down at all.

Hopefully this was accidental and they hotfix it soon. Otherwise I'll probably go back to using my Buzzard for missions. f*cking R* can't release an update without f*cking something up.

GenericGTAO

They changed it to remove the hover mode speed trick....I would use it all the time for SR and Biker missions. R.I.P. hover speed trick.

4ward

I think it's made in purpose to push new vehicles sales.

Or whatever.

shimonu

Hydra - fly straight, switch to hover, start falling.

Tula gave me similiar reaction so maybe they changed both of them.

Gridl0k

Avenger is also not great at dive-landing. Not that it should be particularly, but still.

flexcreator

They changed it to remove the hover mode speed trick...

Nope. The speed trick still works.

GenericGTAO

Nope, doesnt work anymore. What platform...I have used it everyday. For the past 5 months on biker sales and SR cargo...you lose alot of altiude and slow down to normal hover speed, now. Definitly the reason for the change. I loved outrunning stupid npc lazers and rogues. Now you have to fight them or get homing by their super speed planes for half the map. Edited by GenericGTAO

StormerBoy

I swear the release notes are actually just a 'to do list', hence why half of it isn't actually done and there's things they changed that aren't on there.

flexcreator

I swear the release notes are actually just a 'to do list', hence why half of it isn't actually done and there's things they changed that aren't on there.

Yep. The black screen bug at the coke factory is still not fixed.

Nope, doesnt work anymore.

I can still outrun my own missles on PC (at

). Maybe itl's just less effective than before?

I observe this with a Tula after the patch, but not with a Hydra.

By the way, the Tula's VTOL is also affected by these changes. But it's safer since the aircraft doesn't reach that crazy speeds.

Edited by flexcreator

Cutter De Blanc

Well, I can no longer do the awesome trick landings in my Hydra with any relative ease.

I was like "yeah yeah I'm a good pilot" and then I bomb in with my Hydra and try to do the airbrake landing and slam horribly into the ground blowing up and losing a team life and lots of dignity.

So yeah, thanks for that Rockstar.

GTASA-Pilot

Yep. The black screen bug at the coke factory is still not fixed.

Nope, doesnt work anymore.

I can still outrun my own missles on PC (at

). Maybe itl's just less effective than before?

I observe this with a Tula after the patch, but not with a Hydra.

By the way, the Tula's VTOL is also affected by these changes. But it's safer since the aircraft doesn't reach that crazy speeds.

The speed trick didn't work when I tried it with the Hydra, but from your video it looked like it still worked but maybe less effective than before.

MechanicMammal

One other thing I noticed the change has done is before the update if you left it in hover mode and leave the controls alone the Hydra would retain it's altitude, which was useful if you needed to check the map, go to the toilet, make a cup of tea etc. Now it slowly drops down to the ground.

And I think but can not be sure but the VTOL seems to be a bit faster when descending, which I guess will make it marginally better for newer pilots.

You can still do a sort of do a dive landing but it is not as effective or as accurate. Basically you dive then pull up until you are past the apex and when your nose is pointing about 45 degrees and you have lost most of your downwards momentum you use the VTOL to reduce your forward momentum.

But I do miss the convenience of pointing the nose exactly where you want to land :(.

trhacker01

Yeah, the Hydra is f*cked. It's very difficult to land now without blowing up. Now it takes 3x longer because I have to fly upwards, switch to VTOL, and then slowly descend. If you have any downward momentum at all, you die. The vertical thrusters have no practically no upward lift at all now. I was plummeting in VTOL for several hundred feet, upward tbrust at max the whole time, and I didn't slow down at all.

Hopefully this was accidental and they hotfix it soon. Otherwise I'll probably go back to using my Buzzard for missions. f*cking R* can't release an update without f*cking something up.

Yeah lol after plopping in the water like a rock and smashing into the ground a few times I had to accept that the old dive and switch thing doesn't work so well anymore lol

GTASA-Pilot

Yeah lol after plopping in the water like a rock and smashing into the ground a few times I had to accept that the old dive and switch thing doesn't work so well anymore lol

Not being able to dive land like easily as before is not what upsets me the most. What I'm pissed about the most is the fact that I won't be able to do the speed trick with the Hydra anymore. That's a shame because it was so useful to fast travel the map.

delorianlazarus

I almost blew the Avenger at least 3 times today because of that physics. And poor visibility under heavy snow + first person.

It's just a little change to get used to :)

GenericGTAO

Yeah, it technically still works, but you lose altitude fast and have to climb again otherwise you lose it or you will crash... because from playing only, either the lowering trigger is buffed or the raising trigger is nerfed. It had to have been done to screw this up as it makes business grinding much easier and faster.

RiP speed glitch

JakeSmooth

Yes, the Hydra should be affected by momentum when dive-landing. Instantly stopping is a bit weird. However, these new changes have completely buggered up my poor Tula. It was slow enough before the update. Now, whenever I'm in VTOL mode, if I so much as breathe on the left trigger it'll take me five minutes to start going upwards again. The VTOL mode on the Tula is a questionable concept but if you're gonna have it then at least make sure it's functional.

Cutter De Blanc

HEY IM ROCKSTAR LETS SCREW UP THE HANDLING ON BOTH OUR VTOL VEHICLES BECAUSE PEOPLE WANTED TO GO FAST IN A JET

Shadowfennekin

I've played Headhunter a lot less than I usually do thanks to this annoying bug.

I hope it gets fixed cause the Hydra is what I use to quickly deal with those annoying guys in the cars.

Black-Dragon96

Well I actually like the change they did. For me its way easier to land in vtol mode now.

xwinkx_girlYakuza

One other thing I noticed the change has done is before the update if you left it in hover mode and leave the controls alone the Hydra would retain it's altitude, which was useful if you needed to check the map, go to the toilet, make a cup of tea etc. Now it slowly drops down to the ground.

And I think but can not be sure but the VTOL seems to be a bit faster when descending, which I guess will make it marginally better for newer pilots.

You can still do a sort of do a dive landing but it is not as effective or as accurate. Basically you dive then pull up until you are past the apex and when your nose is pointing about 45 degrees and you have lost most of your downwards momentum you use the VTOL to reduce your forward momentum.

But I do miss the convenience of pointing the nose exactly where you want to land :(.

I miss it sooooo badly coz i use the Hydra to do the sightseer missions daily and it sucks landing in tight spots now :cry:

StormerBoy

I feel your pain.

I'm finding that putting it into vtol (for 2 or 3 seconds), back out, then back into vtol and it works much better.

Karrecod

I've never used the "fast VTOL land" before, so I don't know how that felt, but I did experience the Hydra dropping like a f*cking stone and that was the first time it happend to me!

It really reminds me of the Avenger on Doomsday Heists. Somehow the Avenger drops out of the sky too while switching to VTOL. It looks and feels just like the current Hydra controls!

I need to come to a complete horizontal stop and then activate VTOL on the Avenger. Then I glide down, like a feather but I do have to give the thing some upwards power every now and then or else it will still drop down in no time!

xwinkx_girlYakuza

I feel your pain.

I'm finding that putting it into vtol (for 2 or 3 seconds), back out, then back into vtol and it works much better.

Will try that thnx :lol:

The Wandering Hunter

rockstar add broomstick bike and magic carpet car

rockstar nerf hydra to make it realistic

where's that "the best of rockstar logic" topic again?

edit

wow did they break the tula too? i haven't used that since the hunter and that submarine plane thing dropped but that's some bullsh*t.

Edited by The Wandering Hunter

flexcreator

I've played Headhunter a lot less than I usually do thanks to this annoying bug.

Why do you need VTOL for Headhunter?

The First Hunter

Why do you need VTOL for Headhunter?

So you don't have to strafe multiple times.

Especially for the targets inside buildings