Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,897 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
hugh750

what are your thoughts about the doomsday dlc?

secrecy274

The heists were decent, if nothing game breaking. Got a little Saints Row vibe from it, but overall enjoyable.

Of the introduced vehicles, nothing is completely broken like the Oppressor, but there's some far too weak ones. Probably introduced the most well designed and balanced vehicle in the game with the Akula.

Lots of quality-of-life changes, like how we now are able to open cargo ramps and rappel from certain helicopters.

The Orbital Stike weapon is out of place, but at least have a huge cost to it, so while I expect to get hit with it from time to time, it won't be the norm.

Overall, I like the update.

Mr_Noob

The heist:

I like a challenge but the AI is ridiculously over buffed/accurate.

The feeling you get playing with guys who will not listen or do not understand the meaning of DON'T RUSH and TAKE COVER is hard to describe, on one hand it is quite funny when they get slaughtered within 30 seconds but it becomes infuriating when it is for the 100th time in 10 minutes. Pro tip: it is always good to have a guy who knows how to use a mini gun, and only a mini gun, on your team. :sarcasm:

But having said that I played act 3 finale again today to help out a crew member (I'm still yet to even bother hosting my own act 2, make of that what you will...) and it does get easier with practice.

Having bought the "Facility" at some point I will have to host act 2 & 3 just to get my discounted prices, but I don't see myself replaying Doomsday over and over in the same way I have done with Humane Labs or Pacific Standard.

Content / Vehicles:

I'm 'meh' about the vehicles I have tried so far. I won't be buying the Akula, Volatol, Barrage, Chernobog or Thruster jet pack. I already have an MOC so I definitely will not be buying an Avenger and I'm already sick of R* messaging me about it. I bought the Deluxo but kind of regret it already.

The additional MK2 guns are really nice but very pricey. I am especially pleased with the MK2 Revolver and incendiary ammo which I am hoping they don't nerf (So far I've found it is a bit OP against NPCs but not against players) as it is really cool.

The facility is just another pay wall rip off that could have easily been added onto bunkers.

Edited by Mr_Noob

Shadowfennekin

Okay, didn't get this until today but Lester called me while I was doing the Scavenger Hunt and told me that I can know get rid of the cops whenever I want..... for FREE!

And it's not just a one time thing..... it's ALWAYS FREE! :lol:

Putting up with the Doomsday Avengers setup, and part 3 finale was all worth it JUST to get that ability. I'll be using that a LOT more than I would be using any of the new toys

I'd love it if we could get Distract Cops for free in a future update, that would be nice.

Mr_Noob

Okay, didn't get this until today but Lester called me while I was doing the Scavenger Hunt and told me that I can know get rid of the cops whenever I want..... for FREE!

And it's not just a one time thing..... it's ALWAYS FREE! :lol:

Putting up with the Doomsday Avengers setup, and part 3 finale was all worth it JUST to get that ability. I'll be using that a LOT more than I would be using any of the new toys

I'd love it if we could get Distract Cops for free in a future update, that would be nice.

Whenever you want or still with the cool down timer? - So you know, you can call Lester for a second time to get rid of the cops after one of them has immediately rammed into you and given you 2 stars again :facedesk:

I paid millions for my cars and my mechanic charges some rip off $500 a day or whatever, so what I would really like is a mechanic that delivers what I want when I want it, all the time. Even if I just called him 2 minutes ago and I am already standing next to a PV... deliver the new one and take the old one away you lazy prick. That would be better than any cash CMM bonus in my eyes.

Edited by Mr_Noob

Chrome Toyota Prius

Was pretty crazy up until act III. The second those cloaking robot juggernauts walked on screen, the heist became the weirdest sh*t ever. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but just what drugs were they on when they made act III? This is some sh*t you'd see in a bad acid trip.

Personal

Was pretty crazy up until act III. The second those cloaking robot juggernauts walked on screen, the heist became the weirdest sh*t ever. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but just what drugs were they on when they made act III? This is some sh*t you'd see in a bad acid trip.

f*cking shat bricks at that part. Just seeing them f*cking walk towards the screen was freaky enough.

Still though, this is the best update ever, imo.

Rafae

f*ckin love it but there isn't much more to to do once I've completed the Heist :/

Played around quite a bit with the new MKII weapons and vehicles but I'm struggling to find any genuine objectives atm.

AUScowboy

f*ckin love it but there isn't much more to to do once I've completed the Heist :/

Played around quite a bit with the new MKII weapons and vehicles but I'm struggling to find any genuine objectives atm.

I've been using the Avenger in SR and GR missions while stealing and selling some top end cars to supplement the weak payouts from SR. For me, the new goodies give all the older FR stuff new dimensions if you can get creative. I hear you though, as much as I'm sick of FR businesses, I do wish there was something to play regularly within this DLC. Other than that it's 10/10 perfect to me. I mean, we're four years in, we've had our time as petty crooks and rising executive criminals... if ever there was an appropriate time for over the top, crazy stuff, it would be now near the end.

So many awesome meme vehicles AND a bunch of amazing traditional cars as well. New MkII weapons. Scuba gear and Catsuits. Refurbished deep government black site to call our own that's well made with good weapon spawns and damn jetpack pedestal... 10 more outfit slots. Air MOC that lets you use autopilot and man the guns. If you still are able to enjoy the game even remotely, I really don't see what there is to complain about this about for other than prices and maybe dripfeed length if it's long again.

GenericGTAO

The heists are awesome. The difficulty increase as well as mission length is definitely intentional. The replayability on them is lower due to these two things. The avenger seems fast. I like the preps, they are not difficult to do in freemode. The complaints about them are overblown.

"difficulty increase"? You mean increasing accuracy, increasing range and increasing health/armour of the AI. That's a poor excuse for increasing difficulty.

Mission length is stretched out, again, by redundant driving. "Deliver the vehicle to your facility", "go to the vehicle 6 miles from your facility". The same crap they pulled with heists. Too much travelling makes it boring.

Had no issues with any preps either. Collect a duffel bag and lose police (which you can phone Lester to do, not that you need to), grab a slow ass vehicle from one end of the map and take it to the other with only a few AI chasing, if you struggle with these, even in toxic sessions, you're not going to do well in the setups against over 100 AI with buffed everything, in close quarters where you can't hide and get stuck in the environment, or against invisible, minigun wielding Juggernaughts.

At least the pay is good though.

Yes, difficulty...the npcs are more aggressive, take more damage, hide longer at some points, there are more of them, they are more accurate, there are newer types, and they spawn nonstop. So yeah, the hiests are more difficult and I am less likely to play them again and again. Just because you think its a lazy design, the games difficulty is increased.

The setups have multiple objectives, its not just traveling although that is some of the time, but as you said no more than any previous mission, with the vigilante travel time is minimal. In the first heists the majority of setups had 1 maybe 2 objectives. Once again, you think its lazy, doesnt change whether there are more objectives in each setup.

There are people complaining nonstop about having to play in Freemode. I guess PC players have a point, but not because other players are legitmately attacking them. Their complaint is the game as whole is broken and has very little to do with Freemode.

The pay is mediocre considering the difficulty and time required to complete them unless you want to be all organized about playing. Which I would argue takes far more time than just playing with randos.

Shadowfennekin

Okay, I really appreciate the fact that the Facilities can give free snacks to EVERYBODY who visits it.

It was real nice being able to replenish my snacks while helping a random through some setups, especially since you know... you can't access your own office/facility while doing that. I really appreciate that, you couldn't do that with other people's offices. I love this!

Personal

The cars and Blonded (Codeine Crazy :inlove: my jam) alone make this the best update of GTAO.

Oink

"I wanted to retire from what I was doing you know, from that....that line of work.

Be a good guy for once.

So I bought a big house, came to L.S. and put my feet up.

But....you know how it is...."

1469d9445d356dea3f9bc20c596e13ded742f3aa

Anyone remember when we used to boost cars?

Mr_Noob

Okay, I really appreciate the fact that the Facilities can give free snacks to EVERYBODY who visits it.

It was real nice being able to replenish my snacks while helping a random through some setups, especially since you know... you can't access your own office/facility while doing that. I really appreciate that, you couldn't do that with other people's offices. I love this!

True, but why not take it a step further and allow people to get armour and special ammo at the same time? Kinda weird that we have this entire criminal enterprise including a weapons development bunker but we still have to visit a store to buy some body armour...?

Rafae

"I wanted to retire from what I was doing you know, from that....that line of work.

Be a good guy for once.

Fkn lost my sh*t laughing at this

Pedinhuh

-Too expensive;

-Too many things I'm not particularly fond of(but good to those who requested it, like catsuits, new radio, new tank);

-Added some things I liked(like opening the cargobay door of aircrafts in the interaction menu, Deluxo, Comet Safari, Comet SR, Sentinel Classic, Hermes, Heavy Revólver MK2);

-Added a bunch of things I hated It(Orbital Cannon, even more aimbot NPCs in securoserv missions, nerfed Hydra's dive-landing ability, Ruining the NV and thermal goggles, even more spam in the mailbox and phone calls).

-Caused stability and performance issues on PS4, for the first since 2016 when I upgraded to current gen, I'm having to deal with minor freezes, constant time-outs, FPS drops and bugs no allowing me to host heists.

Overall? 5/10 solely because of the new cars and MK2 weapons, otherwise it would be a straight 2/10 because I despite most of the content and the performance issues.

Edited by Pedinhuh

hugh750

the game plays dirty when you try to steal the akula from fort zencudo while lone wolfing it.

last night i did it (lone wolf) i the what i needed and tried to leave with a jet and i was murdered by the army and on the 3rd try as soon as i respawned i was mobbed by the army and died (thanks r*).

i finally succeeded on the 5th try. :angry:

Be a good guy for once.

and you forgot to mention when r* had good stories in gta.

Edited by hugh750

Tao Cheng

Somebody tell DatSaintsfan about this cRaZy exciting news worth discussing for 10 minutes!

Agent UL Paper's real name is:

BERNARD

??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111!ONEONEONEONe

Edited by Tao Cheng

Maibatsu545

It’s a bunch of overpriced useless crap, as has been the case for quite some time now with this game’s updates.