2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The GTA that i used to know..

DengaGrad

Squirrel__Army

I agree with you completely on all of this. GTA is no longer the game it used to be. Ive put 1,000s of hours into this game since it launched in 2013, with every update its become less fun and my interest has been fading fast. Im not even going to bother updating the game now, I know that means probably never playing GTA online again but Im happy with that.

Too much focus on micro transactions and stupid weapons to attract kids.

Wouldnt be so bad if many of the problems with the game get fixed along with the new stuff but they dont and youre forced into a hostile environment where those with the most money have the most power.

• Like 12

This is old news but I completely agree.

The GTA we once loved is now well and truly dead.

Back to playing GT Sport...

• Like 7

It kills me seeing GTA turned into a mobile like game driven by microtransactions and full of content aimed to 12 years olds that use their mother's credit card to get virtual goods, it kills me, but C* and T2 made the decision to take GTA and change it to appeal to a new demographic target, which excludes most of us which made GTA what it is. It's time to turn the page and move on, GTA is no longer GTA, it's this piece of sh*t with cars and bikes that fly and shoot rockets and what not.

B&M ?

Mmm-hmm

Seriously, GTA was never about gritty realism to begin with. And it never will be.

Instead of a Scarface like game, we got a game turned into Battlefield, Call of Duty and other FPS.

Edited by TovarishTony
  • Like 3

It makes me laugh...

SA to IV - WHAT HAPPENED TO GTA? ITS SO BORING AND NOT FUN!
Ballard of Gay Tony - Thats a little better but where are my dildo guns and jet packs?

GTA V - GAH! Its so boring! Who wants to do Yoga and have a family?! Urrrg!
GTA Online - WTF, WHY DOES IT HAVE FLYING CARS AND JET PACKS! This is not GTA WAAAAAH!

I think that nobody wants ARMA3/DayZ realism, that would not be fun (imagine you lose every weapon when you get killed).

But this update, and some before that, turned this game into a non-balanced mixture of COD and saints row, they knew the kiddos would love all of this stuff, dumb flying cars and explosions everywhere. Hell, San Andreas was not this arcadish

Cops 'n' crooks, that's what R* should have added.

Edited by FilipCRO

Well if you aren't happy with it, you know where the uninstall button is.

My younger brother still plays this much more than I do, so no.

I or someone else writes a critical comment about their beloved game, and people (fanboys?) respond most of the times with : "stop crying, GIT GUD, unistall the game, grind more, stop bitching" etc etc.

And I laugh at their responses really

Edited by FilipCRO

It kills me seeing GTA turned into a mobile like game driven by microtransactions and full of content aimed to 12 years olds

But look how happy he is! (:

Seriously, I think I refuse to buy this thing. It already feels somewhat stupid to ride the Oppressor...

• Like 3

Thanks rockstar for giving us these free updates but i cant make any money anymore since im a solo player (i have no freinds) and when i try to make a shipment sale or a car sale i have the usual flying bike, hydra, lazer, batman and hitler himself chasing me in my slow ass 20 mph uphill van only to have my hours of grinding be destroyed by someone just passing by being a dick.

I wonder why people like me somehow manage to make successful sales in such sessions?

I'm also chased by weaponized idiots, but I'm not making excuses.

My younger brother still plays this much more than I do, so no.

I or someone else writes a critical comment about their beloved game, and people (fanboys?) respond most of the times with : "stop crying, GIT GUD, unistall the game, grind more, stop bitching" etc etc.

And I laugh at their responses really

Just saying that whining about it won't change a thing. Just act like an adult and vote with your wallet. I am by no means a fanboy either.

On the same token everyone has a right to voice their opinion...

Edited by _47_
  • Like 1

I know right the new update looks awesome I'm looking forward for the submarine car :lol: aayyyyaaaa

Just out of interest, I wonder what the ages are of all these people defending this sh*t?

At a guess under 18...which is ironic really as it's supposed to be an over 18 game 😅😅😅

Yes it's true we are all little kids so hide yo daughter and wife, some of us won't ever sleep again 😅😅😅

Edited by deadx23

cyberpunkdave

There are some things I like, some things I don't like with these new updates.
I'm an 80s fan, so things like the oppressor and the sports classics I like (check out Street Hawk, sh*t's awesome).
The Deluxo, obviously gonna love it. Some things to me, are nice.
But to be honest, yeah there are other parts where I just think.. it's f*cking ridiculous now.

• Like 1

Wrong, so very wrong.

I remember what GTA used to be from GTA 1/2 on Ps1. GTA IV decided to go for the boring, gritty and brooding game. Before that it was dildo knives and James Bond cars.

I am defending it because it's classic GTA. FUN, before it was all death matches and K/D Ratios.

• Like 3

I agree with you completely on all of this. GTA is no longer the game it used to be. Ive put 1,000s of hours into this game since it launched in 2013, with every update its become less fun and my interest has been fading fast. Im not even going to bother updating the game now, I know that means probably never playing GTA online again but Im happy with that.

Too much focus on micro transactions and stupid weapons to attract kids.

Wouldnt be so bad if many of the problems with the game get fixed along with the new stuff but they dont and youre forced into a hostile environment where those with the most money have the most power.

I updated it, went on my phone and checked out the new stuff. Most of the vehicles are over 2 million bucks if not close to 2 million... BUT before you can get the cheaper version of the things you want you have to shovel out around 1.2 million+ if i remember correctly..

Im not even sure that you can buy these new vehicles without buying that forclosed property.

So i went to that cheaper car website southern andreas or something like that & theres these old pickup trucks you can buy for about 300,000 plus.. (someone correct me with the correct numbers) said screw it didnt even bother with it

Then i went to the clothing store they had some cool stuff like the scuba outfit, the mask shop had some cool stuff as well. The tattoos for me were meh..

i spent around 20 minutes online in gta and that was about it.

The only part about gta i enjoy is the Rockstar Editor now.

Edited by DengaGrad

CaptainMarvel

Just out of interest, I wonder what the ages are of all these people defending this sh*t?

At a guess under 18...which is ironic really as it's supposed to be an over 18 game 😅😅😅

Your assumptions are what a teenager would usually make without any sound evidence or data backing said assumption.

My point exactly.

I am old enough to remember what GTA used to be and I am glad it's back.

Talking about stuff like this making GTA sh*t just shows me you only started at IV or V and thus I know your age.

• Like 3

I agree with you %100, I use to love this game but now all this unrealistic stuff has ruined it imo, I feel like there's far to much content in the game and not what it use to be, more simple, a more enjoyable experience.

Edited by russeler97

Well. You see.... i kind of said this... even back when i still played on PS3 before the Enhanced version existed. Too much gimmickery. And consistently NEW gimmickery. Mischief is fine. In enough amounts. I've said it before. And seriously, though OP. I had a hard time reading what you were trying to communicate because half of it sounded like roleplaying. The serial killer refer-to-myself-in-the-third-person-kind of serial killer, at that. But yeah. Any even partially intelligent, reasonable or observant and analytical player will realize that this has gone on too far.

And i'll say it again. The game needs to become more intelligent. And less catering towards autistic 10 year olds that can't go more than 3 minutes without seeing a cybernetic T-Rex that shoots laser beams out of its eyes. It's become tasteless.My ultimatum that i came up with for this game a long, long time ago is that at the end of the day, it needs to adopt an MMO model. I was going to write a massive PDF-format, hyperlink indexed document for Rockstar to read but just never got around to it. But anyhow.

The game needs to be incredibly massive and dynamic. And a lot of things need to be based off of self-sufficiency. Like EVE Online, if anyone knows what that's like. But the problem with something like EVE Online is that it HAS NO CONTENT. None that you can turn to, like PVE for example. GTAO doesn't have that problem. But now it needs more community.

A game that i thought was going to be that is APB. When that game was unveiled over 8 years ago, i thought it was going to basically be GTA, MMO and insane customization. But the MASSIVE advantage Rockstar have is how they work. Their heavy usage of homage. Pushing and pulling away at things from the real world. Borrowing to create things in the game world. Perfect example being the in-game car makers.

The one trait in APB that was so incredible and overwhelmingly moving to me was how it was almost like a diverse cultural display. Different people with very different aesthetics. And such a stylized game-feel. So much atmosphere. And all of it the right kind. It had a little bit of the same ambiance of PlayStation Home/old-school Ratchet. The earlier days of the 3D era in gaming. Especially that PIXARish feeling PlayStation was known for when it was a younger brand. The problem is that APB didn't have the pedigree. It didn't have a FULLY REALIZED WORLD like GTA. And it just didn't have the depth in terms of comprehensive control. Different vehicle classes. But it had a massive amount of connection between you, the player - and your character.

The game world had a very special feel to it that GTA just doesn't. It's almost like a person with no character. And yet you pause the game in singleplayer. And you hear that ambiant music come on silently and build up. THAT, EXACT, FEELING is what i'm talking about. THAT is what GTA needs in EVERY SINGLE MOMENT you're playing the game. It's almost like a troll, really. It's incredible. How music can conjure up powerful feelings and/or experiences. It's just unforunate that the singleplayer experience wasn't like that at all. It was just... three dudes performing robberies? With a little backstory on a job gone wrong-turned setup/falsification. Ok.. Cool story, Rockstar. That's exactly why singleplayer in GTA is now an afterthought. Of no significance. It's exactly what Call of Duty singleplayer is to that game. The main attraction is the multiplayer. If you want a singleplayer game. Please. Play Elder Scrolls. Or perhaps Fallout.

APB is sort of like a half-built legacy. Great, great idea. Crappily implemented. And ultimately it seemed just blueprinted. As much as i'd hate to have another developer basically rob another's idea. GTA is in a great positiion to adopt the APB ideas and use them to their advantage for what is missing in GTA.

Edited by Prenihility
  • Like 3

Squirrel__Army

There's a nice 68GB of space now freed up on my hard drive for a decent game I'll actually enjoy playing.

The game world had a very special feel to it that GTA just doesn't. It's almost like a person with no character. And yet you pause the game in singleplayer. And you hear that ambiant music come on silently and build up. THAT, EXACT, FEELING is what i'm talking about. THAT is what GTA needs in EVERY SINGLE MOMENT you're playing the game. It's almost like a troll, really. It's incredible. How music can conjure up powerful feelings and/or experiences. It's just unforunate that the singleplayer experience wasn't like that at all. It was just... three dudes performing robberies? With a little backstory on a job gone wrong-turned setup/falsification. Ok.. Cool story, Rockstar. That's exactly why singleplayer in GTA is now an afterthought. Of no significance. It's exactly what Call of Duty singleplayer is to that game. The main attraction is the multiplayer. If you want a singleplayer game. Please. Play Elder Scrolls. Or perhaps Fallout.

Nearly everyone originally bought GTA for the single player mode. The campaign and level of detail that went into the world is amazing. Los Santos wasn't built for GTA Online, it was just tagged on afterwards. A lot of these new toys in this update were meant for a single player DLC.

The true GTA fans have been screwed over by this COD age microtransaction bullsh*t and this is why many people are deserting the game leaving the kids and trolls to have their fun.

And less catering towards autistic 10 year olds

Seriously, why is it that I can't go anywhere these days without seeing Autism mocked or used as a cheap insult by ignorant people like yourself? Stop being so damn ignorant will you, and maybe actually educate yourself a bit.

There's a nice 68GB of space now freed up on my hard drive for a decent game I'll actually enjoy playing.

Nearly everyone originally bought GTA for the single player mode. The campaign and level of detail that went into the world is amazing. Los Santos wasn't built for GTA Online, it was just tagged on afterwards. A lot of these new toys in this update were meant for a single player DLC.

The true GTA fans have been screwed over by this COD age microtransaction bullsh*t and this is why many people are deserting the game leaving the kids and trolls to have their fun.

Well said, its obvious now that greed has taken over the gaming industry, its a shell of what it used to be. This is now becoming a rotten money magnet, this is the modern day gold-rush, but eventually the riverbeds run out of gold.

• Like 1