2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

El Payaso

What is safe from the orbital strike?

Da Elite Ninjah

Paid 500k to shoot my buddies car.. he was standing next to it to watch my new bigass expensive canon.

The car just exploded. He did not even see anything happening besides that. :D

Foreverpast

I wonder if people will be able to bypass the cannon's 40-45 minute timer via the same trick that can be used to bypass the 30 minute cooldown timer for the Fortified mission.

If so, people with an X1X will be able to use it every 5ish minutes, given if they have a ton of saved up cash to waste.

Edited by Foreverpast

thepiebaker

Does standing in lower levels of parking garage/underground sewers/subway protect you?

Nacho Z

I think the expense of it will prove prohibitive in the long term, 500K is a lot of money unless you're one of the relatively small proportion of people that have virtually unlimited cash for one reason or another.

Still, f*ck Rockstar for adding stuff like this to public free roam.

El Payaso

Does standing in lower levels of parking garage/underground sewers/subway protect you?

That's what I would like to know as well.

Queenslayer

Don't know how many times I will use this but I will save the trophy for a rainy day. To get that trophy you want to hit some c*nt who really deserves it; make it worth something to remember :)

Ker Juice

Can't kill someone in an MOC, it just destroys it and boots them outside.

Good to know- thanks. I am assuming it will kill anyone in the cab, right? I wonder if the Avenger works the same? Grounded Avenger is destroyed by orbital strike, occupants of cockpit die but anyone inside cargo area are spawned outside. Thoughts?

Arrows to Athens

Wtf was Rockstar thinking ?????

Considering it's half a million to use one on somebody, I'm guessing...

game-sharkcards2-large-00.jpg

Got targeted twice early this AM & killed on the ground. Server full of questionable ranks & very high KDRs. Friended the offending party, left the server, bought $200. worth of shark cards and returned. Waited until his whole try hard crew was near him and returned the favor. Worth the $10.+ bucks for six hurt messages from all. LOL when they found out I was 60 they were really salty.

And this, ladies and gentleman, is what drives and motivates Rockstar. You're their puppet, and so you dance to them.

This is exactly why they implemented this orbital garbage in the first place - to force people to buy shark cards so they can use it on somebody who wronged them and get a sense of relief ''Lzzzzz''.

You're part of the problem.

Edited by Arrows to Athens

polaris23

not my video but this thing is powerful . jets are dead. looks like the skys gonna be raining death alot

HAHAHAHA!

Oh man... well I know what I'm using my one try for the achievement on.

It's really ridiculous it cost $1 million just to put it in your f*cking facility!

Then you practically need to pay the same amount just to use it! I just laughed when I saw what the price was and walked off to the Heist room afterwards, not wanting to accidentally waste money

Its called balancing. But even then modern and glitched money players are gonna overuse it. Its so broken and OP I hope it gets nerfed soon .

Spade of Aces

At this rate, I'd actually be flattered if someone took the time to burn almost 2 million bucks just to blow me up for no reason.

polaris23

At this rate, I'd actually be flattered if someone took the time to burn almost 2 million bucks just to blow me up for no reason.

Unless its by modders with billions to spare

Halal Cyborg

My kd sucks because I can't be bothered to fight try hards and don't even the score but leave.

K/d achieved in death matches etc should be all that counts...then perhaps people like knobcheese above wouldn't feel the need to grab cheap kills constantly?

If your k/d is 10 btw you're blatantly doing just that.

HARBUJAHN

Wonder if this would affect a god moded car? Be hilarious seeing a orbital only wimp try and fail :)

Arrow give it a try bud perfectly acceptable where you are atm lol

Edited by HARBUJAHN

BitBasher

Wonder if this would affect a god moded car? Be hilarious seeing a orbital only wimp try and fail :)

ROFL, are you implying someone using an orbital cannon is a wimp and the person cheating in god mode isn't? Hahahahahha

HARBUJAHN

ROFL, are you implying someone using an orbital cannon is a wimp and the person cheating in god mode isn't? Hahahahahha

Do you even know what im on about? Lol lmao rofl buhuhuha he he he hahaha yabadabaf*ckingdoooooo hes in BS atm

Opportunity too test it and see what affect it has where you CAN DO THIS and i can safely bet orbital strikes are a regular occurrence. I rest my case

See you soon arrows im coming back for my 10th time soon 8day deathmatch bring it on :D

Edited by HARBUJAHN

StormerBoy

Has anyone been able to answer the question that titles this thread yet? Are you safe if:

1. Underground, eg car park of train track

2. In clothing shop

3. 8000 feet up in hydra

?

Edited by StormerBoy

drizzi_b

Has anyone recorded getting hit by one or seeing it? Curious if it's just an instant explosion on the victim's screen.

StormerBoy

I got git in my avenger, felt like a single shot.

III-Ari-III

Who the f*ck would use this?!, it costs 500k or 750k for auto target to only kill 1 dude (maybe 5 at most) wtf?! you are much better sending attack teams for 5k.. they will do more and muuuuuuuch cheaper.

StormerBoy

Tbh, as far as the cost vs in-game money and inflation goes, it's not that far from what calling Merryweather for an airstrike was four years ago.

septimoose

Has anyone been able to answer the question that titles this thread yet? Are you safe if:

2. In clothing shop

3. 8000 feet up in hydra

?

1. Nope. It can strike underground

2. Nope. It can strike in a clothing shop.

3. Nope. It can strike even if you're 8000 feet in the air.

You are only safe if you're in a place where you can't bring a weapon.... So, your house/bunker/MC/hangar, oh, and for some reason when you're doing a Time Trial.

Oh, and we tried it on a God Mode car, the orbital strike wouldn't target them automatically, and didn't kill him when we hit the car manually.

Edited by septimoose

StormerBoy

When you say it wouldnt auto target them, I assume it wouldn't allow you to select their name either, same for the time trial scenario? Or did you lose the money?

ash-274

2. In clothing shop

3. 8000 feet up in hydra

?

You are only safe if you're in a place where you can't bring a weapon.... So, your house/bunker/MC/hangar, oh, and for some reason when you're doing a Time Trial.

Oh, and we tried it on a God Mode car, the orbital strike wouldn't target them automatically, and kill him when we hit the car manually.

What if the target player is inside their MOC trailer?

Pedinhuh

2. In clothing shop

3. 8000 feet up in hydra

?

Oh, and we tried it on a God Mode car, the orbital strike wouldn't target them automatically, and kill him when we hit the car manually.

What if the target player is inside their MOC trailer?

MOC gets destroyed but the player survives and is kicked outside so the trailer can Despawn.

thepiebaker

2. In clothing shop

3. 8000 feet up in hydra

?

Oh, and we tried it on a God Mode car, the orbital strike wouldn't target them automatically, and didn't kill him when we hit the car manually.

I assume being on (not inside) the yacht with AA defenses is in the house/bunker classification.

Ker Juice

2. In clothing shop

3. 8000 feet up in hydra

?

THANK YOU!!

If you're up for the challenge, could you try hitting someone running the vip challenge most wanted? (For those of u who are unfamiliar with that challenge, it makes you passive to other players while you and your organization competes to be the last person to survive 5 stars). My theory is you wont be able to target automatically and manual wont do anything.

Khephera

Got hit today for the first time by the Orbital Cannon while I was hovering in stealth-mode around my yacht with the Akula. I was doing Piracy Prevention. So, you're not safe in the Akula^^. As for the visual effect, your vehicle just explodes. Nothing special.

deadx23

Got hit today for the first time by the Orbital Cannon while I was hovering in stealth-mode around my yacht with the Akula. I was doing Piracy Prevention. So, you're not safe in the Akula^^. As for the visual effect, your vehicle just explodes. Nothing special.

hhhhmm it's the same as pushing the button :D but that leads me to believe that maybe it's like a teleport bomb that you can't escape,I am curious to see if any member has dodged it :)

lost-in-emotions

more interesting, that it can hit you while doing piracy!

where you are spawned after that hit? on your yacht again?

Piro

The orbital strike is the definition of gtaonline.

Whatever it is, however expensive it is - retards will still buy it and use it.

No wonder they made billions on this game...