Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,761 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

El Payaso

What is safe from the orbital strike?

flexcreator

Literally nothing other than being inside a building is safe.

Well. The race or a job lobby is safe, I suppose?

And I guess you can still teleport to your appartment via the Lester invite.

PC players have a lot of experience with such things before this DLC even came out.

We are prepared.

rockstar legend

Literally nothing other than being inside a building is safe.

Well. The race or a job lobby is safe, I suppose?

And I guess you can still teleport to your appartment via the Lester invite.

yes , but how will you know when its coming ? you cant spend all the time in race/job lobbys , appartments

Nutduster

Remember when we used to joke about them adding stuff like this to the game?

Ha ha, joke's on us.

Jenkiiii

Wtf was Rockstar thinking ?????

Do you want the 100 page novel or the summary version?

I'd rather just tell you a story.

Back in 2000 I was a big fan of Diablo II on PC, until one day my necromancer got wiped out by the Amazon warrior nuclear strike - the most powerful weapon in the game. When you died you dropped your armor and weapons on the field and had to run back and gather them up again, except it was impossible as a necromancer because his secondary armor was too weak. In a nutshell, I never managed to retrieve my equipment because of the camping Amazon warrior with the nuclear bomb, and because I was really drunk anyway, I pulled the disk out of the CD drawer and obliterated it with a hammer. I have never played Diablo since.

You don't need to be driving down the road only to be hit by some unavoidable strike from above, for any reason, especially if you're delivering cargo or expensive equipment. I've not played the DDH update yet and realise we have insurance in GTA online and can easily reclaim personal items through MMI, but what on earth are Rockstar thinking? I have no idea at this moment.

psymin

at least it has a 45 minute timer?

flexcreator

yes , but how will you know when its coming ? you cant spend all the time in race/job lobbys , appartments

By using logic, clues and building a habit of constantly checking the entire map.

You see a red (mentally unstable) player that was doing nothing but griefing the lobby is now entering a Facility?

That's the clue.

A player had PvP with you, went to passive mode and then he is trying to reach his Facility?

That's the clue.

Remember about 40 min cooldown. Honestly, being killed once a day by this thing is not a big deal.

As for the business deliveries,

. I doubt it will highlight the business supplies / products. You can't go to a lobby while making a delivery, but you can park the supplies somewhere and get to the safe distance if you see any of the clues presented above.

The cannon is operated by players, and players are predictable.

rockstar legend

By using logic, clues and building a habit of constantly checking the entire map.

You see a red (mentally unstable) player that was doing nothing but griefing the lobby is now entering a Facility?

That's the clue.

A player had PvP with you, went to passive mode and then he is trying to reach his Facility?

That's the clue.

Remember about 40 min cooldown. Honestly, being killed once a day by this thing is not a big deal.

As for the business deliveries,

. I doubt it will highlight the business supplies / products. You can't go to a lobby while making a delivery, but you can park the supplies somewhere and get to the safe distance if you see any of the clues presented above.

The cannon is operated by players, and players are predictable.

try finding a session where none of them things you mention are happening

every session has 2 or 3 players in their faciltys , thats no clue at all

Jenkiiii

I have no idea why you're trying to defend this cheap kill tactic?

One more extra kill from some random angry player/griefer/troll/camper is a big deal yes. Sure, it won't kill me or ruin the entire game, but don't we have enough to contend with already? Isn't this Rockstar's way of giving every kid on the planet the red nuclear button to press once an hour?

I haven't experimented with it yet, so I don't know how bad it really is, but it seems like yet another tactic to make you angry and get you to run into your own bunker to press that red button in revenge. And every minute feuding with other players is time wasted and just a step closer to finally giving in and purchasing dreaded shark cards.

Happy Hunter

Can aircraft avoid it?

_47_

Can aircraft avoid it?

It all depends on the person but if the player chooses (auto-target) then No....

EDIT: The cooldown for the orbital cannon is exactly 48 MIN. Not 40 or 45....

Edited by _47_

rockstar legend

Can aircraft avoid it?

not sure about that , i was hit whilst taking off in an anihalator at higgins heli tours , dont know if he woulda missed had i had a few more seconds to get moving forward as i was only moving vertically

Jenkiiii

Can aircraft avoid it?

Just keep on flying away from it lol.

I have absolutely no idea though! Does it home onto you and follow you around the map, until BAMM!

In the meantime I'll park my truck full of coke by the side of the road while I find a place to inevitably die from orbital cannon strike about 1km away, due to likely rampaging red blip in his facility. After death, I'll run back to the coke truck and carry on with the delivery safe in the knowledge that there's a 40 min cooldown before the next orbital strike. Seriously, flexcreator, your logic is whack here, mate.

I'm just hoping it's nowhere near as bad as I think it is, and delivery missions won't be flagged for orbital destruction and will somehow be immune to it. Otherwise... this may cause a bigger sh*tstorm than the randomwall nonsense from the Gunrunning update.

Edited by Jenkiiii

_47_

PSA - Start glitching empty lobbies for your crew or by yourself now because I forsee a lot of pissed off players that get their products destroyed during a sell mission....

Edited by _47_

flexcreator

Sometimes, I have to deal with millions explosions per second.

There is no escape. There is no way to avoid it.

Sometimes I have to deal with Jet rounds. There are ways to avoid it, but skilled pilots can make your game unplayable.

And yet I dare to do business in populated sessions with Jets and modders.

Compared to that, the Orbital Cannon is just a joke. I don't understand why people are so worried ?

It's a single explosion per 1 in-game day, it costs $500 000, so no normal player would ever use this just to get a "cheap" kill. There is an option to call mercenaries, but how many times people call mercenaries on you? There are cheaper and more effective alternatives.

IamCourtney

This is giving me high school era flashbacks to Planetsise 1...

Jenkiiii

Sometimes, I have to deal with millions explosions per second.

There is no escape. There is no way to avoid it.

Sometimes I have to deal with Jet rounds. There are ways to avoid it, but skilled pilots can make your game unplayable.

And yet I dare to do business in populated sessions with Jets and modders.

Compared to that, the Orbital Cannon is just a joke. I don't understand why people are so worried ?

It's a single explosion per 1 in-game day, it costs $500 000, so no normal player would ever use this just to get a "cheap" kill. There is an option to call mercenaries, but how many times people call mercenaries on you? There are cheaper and more effective alternatives.

Half of one million dollars for a single orbital strike? Are you serious?

Wow, that makes me feel a lot better. I'll gladly die in a blaze of nuclear rads knowing that some idiot just wasted 500k.

MeisterJazz

Oh yea im definitely staying away from public lobbies now.

flexcreator

By the way, has anyone tested the Yacht defence against the Orbital strike?

flexcreator

Half of one million dollars for a single orbital strike? Are you serious?

Yeah. I sold one of my Nero's just to test this thing :/

Nutduster

It costs 500K? LOL

I have no words. So they added a sh*tty ultra-powerful weapon for the kiddies, that simultaneously drains bank accounts and rewards glitchers by offering them something to grief with that hardly anyone else can afford to even use. And what the f*ck does this god-weapon have to do with being a street criminal exactly..? How many convenience stores do you have to knock over to afford to drop a bomb on your enemies from outer space? Or I guess you could spend, what, about $8 in real money to deploy that weapon one single time?

I never thought the day would come that not even a new heist can entice me to log on and play this game again. Yet here we are.

Edited by Nutduster

SkynetOnlineID

So does a kill even count against your KD?

It does.

Jenkiiii

It costs 500K? LOL

I have no words. So they added a sh*tty ultra-powerful weapon for the kiddies, that simultaneously drains bank accounts and rewards glitchers by offering them something to grief with that hardly anyone else can afford to even use. And what the f*ck does this god-weapon have to do with being a street criminal exactly..? How many convenience stores do you have to knock over to afford to drop a bomb on your enemies from outer space? Or I guess you could spend, what, about $8 in real money to deploy that weapon one single time?

I never thought the day would come that not even a new heist can entice me to log on and play this game again. Yet here we are.

Nail hit firmly on head.

Mom!!! Can I have 8 dollars for shark cards PLEEEAASE so I can blow up some sh*t head in GTA online. :lol::lol:

thepiebaker

Wtf was Rockstar thinking ?????

Trying to put a dent into the accounts of anyone who manage to limbo under any and all money wipes on xb1 and ps4. They fire excessively they're under scrutiny

xInfamousRYANx

Remember when we used to joke about them adding stuff like this to the game?

Ha ha, joke's on us.

Scubadaves wishes for a missile or nuke was fulfilled

ash-274

Anyone else think Rockstar should have shelved the new trophy/achievements and just unlocked the Asshole shirt for the first time you use the Orbital smudge-ray?

rockstar legend

not my video but this thing is powerful . jets are dead. looks like the skys gonna be raining death alot

Edited by rockstar legend

Quintenr95

Can't kill someone in an MOC, it just destroys it and boots them outside.

Shadowfennekin

not my video but this thing is powerful . jets are dead. looks like the skys gonna be raining death alot

HAHAHAHA!

Oh man... well I know what I'm using my one try for the achievement on.

It's really ridiculous it cost $1 million just to put it in your f*cking facility!

Then you practically need to pay the same amount just to use it! I just laughed when I saw what the price was and walked off to the Heist room afterwards, not wanting to accidentally waste money

pietsaabye

Get your heavy vest on.. gas mask and bulletproof helmet... then sit inside your Insurgent.. and drive it in the moc... all while being inside the bunker... and yeah pussymode activated...

Sam0511

I got killed by one while flying in my buzzard today. Just wondering, would the new akula be invisible to the orbital canon when in stealth mode?