Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,267 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Wingate167

What do you think happened to Donald Love?

Wingate167

I remember in a past interview with Rockstar, someone asked them what happened to Donald Love in GTA III since he left without a trace towards the end of the game. They said it's ambiguous to what happened.

I thought it could go two ways for Love.

1. He got out while Claude was running errands and probably on some island eating corpses and living the rest of his life there.

2. Either the Yakuza or Cartel learned about his job for Claude killing Kenji with a Cartel cruiser through insider info, kidnapped him and killed him.

What do you think happened to him?

Evil empire

Donald Love is a fictional character taking part to a fictional story. What's more ambiguous endings are the best thing to keep the greatest liberty of creation if you want to make a sequel, so it's all up to you to imagine.

Helegad

I think he disappeared without a trace and it had something to do with a substance contained in a box that Claude delivered. That's how I like it. No real discernible answer. If there was, it probably wouldn't be nearly as good an exit for his character.

Hmmm nice bike

He decided to run for president.

Jimmy

Apart from fancy jokes, I think he probably decided to go somewhere, where he could keep that package of his safe or whatever secret it held. If not, he is probably on the run from the Cartel atleast.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

I think he would've reached a new place, forgot about his past in LC, and moved on with his life.

As for the Old Oriental Gentleman, I'd say he did the same. I actually reckon he and Donald would have parted ways, and probably never spoke to each other again.

The Eddo

Donald and his associate started fighting over about who gets to eat the food in the package, the Old Oriental Gentleman accidently pushed Donald off the roof while fighting and killed him.

The old man pulled out an empty package, which was a 1:1 copy of the REAL package, and left it on the scene.

Then the old man escaped with the real package to the airport but by the time he got on the plane, the food had become old, cold, moldy and rotten, he couldn't eat it anymore.

Then the police arrested him for bringing "unhealthy food" on board.

The End.

Edited by The Eddo

Jack Lupino

Maybe he bleached his hair and became the president of us lol.

Seriously,I think he got arrested for rigging votes and winning election(remember gta lcs)

OR maybe he fled to vicecity with oriental old gentleman to save him from Columbine Cartels.

Edited by Jack Lupino

cidamelo

He is now the president of United States !!! Crazy world, isnt it :lol:

Richie Makyura

Maybe a Ghost

Journey_95

He became the President and is trolling everyone from the White House

AreWomanMadeFromSand?

He joined the epsilon program and made women from sand

Coops95

Went off somewhere with dilegence to another guy like Claude who is loyal for the right price.

Edited by Coops95

RetroMystic

The most reasonable conclusion I'd come too is that he either

1. Went into hiding out of fear of a Cartel assassination/the cops due to the police attention you get when collecting the package in the first place.

or

2. Was assassinated by a Cartel death squad like the ones we see in the mission bait, although I think this is the unlikely theory out of the two because I couldn't reasonably believe someone like Donald Love could have people waltz into his building and gun him down like a chump.

I honestly can't think of any other reason why a multi-millionaire powerful media mogul would just vanish.

stef_92

Either he was captioned or assasinated during Decoy or he used the situation to escape somewhere else.

Femme Fatale

He lurks in a morgue, enjoying his corpse buddies.

Gummy 

He eloped with the Old Oriental Gentleman.

BowlingMaster

I think he decided to lay low for a while, waiting for the right moment to invest in properties without showing any sort of suspicious behaviors to the colombians and/or to the yakuza

KnowDude

I always thought that he passed into another dimension together with the Old Asian guy lol. I mean if there is a green alien goo in San Andreas than why shouldn't there be mythical artifacts that open portals or something like that. Maybe it was something from ancient China since he needed the Asian Gentleman to open it.

RetroMystic

I mean if there is a green alien goo in San Andreas than why shouldn't there be mythical artifacts that open portals or something like that.

...what?

KnowDude

I mean if there is a green alien goo in San Andreas than why shouldn't there be mythical artifacts that open portals or something like that.

...what?

2z3s6yf.png

RetroMystic

How on earth is Green Goo comparable to the fantasy level stuff you're dribbling on about? Portals? What?

At least stuff like the Green Goo have some basis in reality with all the conspiracy theories and such.

KnowDude

How on earth is Green Goo comparable to the fantasy level stuff you're dribbling on about? Portals? What?

At least stuff like the Green Goo have some basis in reality with all the conspiracy theories and such.

Oh I see, we got a cool guy over here who thinks video games are serious business :cool:

Just do the math and think: Apparently, this is an object or document or whatever else of high importance that is wanted by the government, one of the richest guys in LC and even the Cartel. It might be the underpants of the mayor of LC, it might be the nuclear codes of the President of the United States, it might be the corpse of Jimmy Hoffa finally discovered etc.

And I personally think it might be an ancient (most likely Asian) artifact like in the old Indiana Jones movies. There has to be a payoff for the whole Package-Arc and the following disappearance (do you think he was just hiding from Claude so he doesn't have to pay him for his job? lol) But this is just my headcanon. Doesn't mean you or anybody else has to agree with it. Just don't act like your headcanon is the only truth.

RetroMystic

Oh I see, we got a cool guy over here who thinks video games are serious business :cool:

Just do the math and think: Apparently, this is an object or document or whatever else of high importance that is wanted by the government, one of the richest guys in LC and even the Cartel. It might be the underpants of the mayor of LC, it might be the nuclear codes of the President of the United States, it might be the corpse of Jimmy Hoffa finally discovered etc.

And I personally think it might be an ancient (most likely Asian) artifact like in the old Indiana Jones movies. There has to be a payoff for the whole Package-Arc and the following disappearance (do you think he was just hiding from Claude so he doesn't have to pay him for his job? lol) But this is just my headcanon. Doesn't mean you or anybody else has to agree with it. Just don't act like your headcanon is the only truth.

It's not "my headcanon". At what point in the ENTIRE GTA series are their items and artefacts that belong in The Elder Scrolls rather than an OPEN WORLD CRIME GAME. Maybe it is nuclear launch codes or something, that sounds more reasonable than the drivel you were spouting in your previous posts regarding

mythical artifacts that open portals or something like that.

For someone who likes to be entirely arrogant by saying I'm trying to "act cool" and "regard video games as serious business" you didn't stray away from reading in way too deep about something that doesn't even make sense within the GTA canon.

There's no arc either. It is an intentionally written loose end. A story arc always has a beginning, climax and resolution like with any story like for example, the diamond trinity.

I'm not saying you can't have your head canon but at the very least have it grounded before you start going off your rocker at me for pointing out inherit flaws in your little fan-fiction.

Edited by RetroMystic

Evil empire

Rockstar probably never even imagined what this so precious object Donald Love looks after so frantically is and might do this if they release a sequel to GTA 3. This mysterious package is just a good reason to give a set of missions filled with action.

KnowDude

It's not "my headcanon". At what point in the ENTIRE GTA series are their items and artefacts that belong in The Elder Scrolls rather than an OPEN WORLD CRIME GAME. Maybe it is nuclear launch codes or something, that sounds more reasonable than the drivel you were spouting in your previous posts regarding

mythical artifacts that open portals or something like that.

For someone who likes to be entirely arrogant by saying I'm trying to "act cool" and "regard video games as serious business" you didn't stray away from reading in way too deep about something that doesn't even make sense within the GTA canon.

There's no arc either. It is an intentionally written loose end. A story arc always has a beginning, climax and resolution like with any story like for example, the diamond trinity.

I'm not saying you can't have your head canon but at the very least have it grounded before you start going off your rocker at me for pointing out inherit flaws in your little fan-fiction.

Whatever dude, I just thought I would post my personal opinion on what MIGHT(!) have happened, but apparently you own the sacred truth, sadly you won't share it with us. You didn't even present what you think has happened to Donald Love (which is the purpose of this thread), instead just barfing at me about "B-BUT MUH UNREALISM" (in a game where you have green alien goo, jetpacks, the Epsilon Program etc.) in a very rude manner. But you know what, I'm wrong, you are right. There is no point at all to the Love missions. The package contains the cannoli from The Godfather and Donald Love just spontaneously decided to take a trip to the Bahamas with his Asian buddy, he just forgot to tell Claude. Whatever makes you happy. I won't argue over a f*cking video game in my age. Even though I kinda just did lol

Edited by KnowDude

RetroMystic

You didn't even present what you think has happened to Donald Love

The most reasonable conclusion I'd come too is that he either

1. Went into hiding out of fear of a Cartel assassination/the cops due to the police attention you get when collecting the package in the first place.

or

2. Was assassinated by a Cartel death squad like the ones we see in the mission bait, although I think this is the unlikely theory out of the two because I couldn't reasonably believe someone like Donald Love could have people waltz into his building and gun him down like a chump.

I honestly can't think of any other reason why a multi-millionaire powerful media mogul would just vanish.

Edited by RetroMystic

MARKUS.

Maybe he was only a decoy,

Sorry about that, but that's sometimes the way in business.

The Eddo

The package contained the PC version of the first Max Payne game from the E3 2000 development stage and a complete PC port of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Donald Love knew that I, The Eddo, would try to steal it sooner or later, so he escaped with his friend.

Edited by The Eddo

NotFreeman

I always thought he was on the run from the government, his "latest acquisition" was definitely hot, i mean in decoy when you get in the van you get 6 stars that's how badly the government wanted that thing.

And of course, there is his dialogue in decoy "A lesson in business, my friend. If you have a unique commodity, the world and his wife will try to wrestle it from your grasp, even if they have little understanding as to its true value"