Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,382 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Cosmic Gypsy

I want to talk about the direction GTA seems to be heading in.

McGhee

@Mcghee

I see it like this...think of the game as a audio cd (SP) that came with a free dvd (online). Now, lets say that the dvd has some tracks on it that weren't originally on the audio cd. Soo, you somehow get the tracks on the cd without permission from the owner. Wouldn't that piss you off if someone was f*cking with your art?

And I'm sorry but the dlc (to me at least) has always been free with no obligation to use real money to play. Have online been stand alone, it would have REALLY pissed everyone off.

I made almost 1 mil today alone on adversary games. I didnt even play all day. But I dont really need the money. I have almost 150 cars and I drive maybe 3 or 4 out of all of them. SP is done because I understood the life lesson given to me by R*. They really are the "arch duke of metaphors" [meltdown movie] and when y'all finally get it, you WILL be disappointed.

First of all, this is totally different from your comparison. This is about the course Rockstar is going with the GTA genre, not just bitching about Online, because we hate how it is handled. It is the bigger picture I am looking at and it concerns me a lot when the GTA genre is involved.

Second of all, your comparison with an audio cd + free dvd is wrong. This, at least for console users, is more like: If you want to play Online, you will have to buy GTA V first AND an onlineplay subscription for your platform too. And (when online launched) the added vehicles in Online are also in your SP protagonists garage, so you can enjoy them there too!

And from the day GTA V went to nextgen console: Remember we said you can enjoy the online content in SP too? Well, go f*ck yourselves and forget about the SP dlc also. No more vehicles will come to SP, because the game...., uhm........, oh yeah! The game does not support it and could glitch out. Yeah, thats it! Your game can crash... uh huh.

Many complaints follow and Rockstar walks away from the discussion, never mentioning anything about it anywhere. All they do is prevent players from using the online content anywhere else but Online, forcing players to go there, the same way as they force anyone who wants to play Online to pay for an unsupported GTA V.

Rockstar now still gets away with it, because many think like you do. And that is exactly how they want you to think; like sheep.

Edited by McGhee

Le biatch

First of all, this is totally different from your comparison. This is about the course Rockstar is going with the GTA genre, not just bitching about Online, because we hate how it is handled. It is the bigger picture I am looking at and it concerns me a lot when the GTA genre is involved.

Second of all, your comparison with an audio cd + free dvd is wrong. This, at least for console users, is more like: If you want to play Online, you will have to buy GTA V first AND an onlineplay subscription for your platform too. And (when online launched) the added vehicles in Online are also in your SP protagonists garage, so you can enjoy them there too!

And from the day GTA V went to nextgen console: Remember we said you can enjoy the online content offline too? Well, go f*ck yourselves and forget about the SP dlc also. No more vehicles will come to SP, because the game...., uhm........, oh yeah! The game does not support it and could glitch out. Yeah, thats it! Your game can crash... uh huh.

Many complaints follow and Rockstar walks away from the discussion, never mentioning anything about it anywhere. All they do is prevent players from using the online content anywhere else but Online, forcing players to go there, the same way as they force anyone who wants to play Online to pay for an unsupported GTA V.

Rockstar now still gets away with it, because many think like you do. And that is exactly how they want you to think; like sheep.

So you're complaining about the cars that are only available in online? You should be upset cause there really isn't any garages to put all those cars that you want in the game to begin with.

The story is complete my friend. No need to go back after 4 years to do the same thing. And no one knows what they have in store for us. Its their creation and to some degree we can try to change some things we don't like.

You can't argue over how they run sh*t. They have no idea if you have an internet connection or not. Can you imagine the people that DON'T have a way to be online and enjoy the dlc? I say if you do have a psn or xbone subscription then get on and enjoy before they abandon them like on ps3 and xb360. Because what you want is happening there right now. And its not prettty, let me tell ya.

Edited by Le biatch

D9fred95

So you're complaining about the cars that are only available in online? You should be upset cause there really isn't any garages to put all those cars that you want in the game to begin with.

If R* would add more garages then it wouldn't be an issue. Lack of garage space was always a flaw in GTA V, makes me wonder why they even bothered adding more than 200 cars if you can't even save 30 of them. R* could also program them to spawn in freeroam like the Beach Bum - IGG2 vehicles do in CG.

The story is complete my friend. No need to go back after 4 years to do the same thing. And no one knows what they have in store for us. Its their creation and to some degree we can try to change some things we don't like.

Wanting to play SP four years after release is reasonable in a game like GTA. Why should we ditch it just because multiplayer is where it's at? That reminds me of all those articles on Kotaku and such where they were like "Single Player is Dead!!!" just because multiplayer got big. And SP isn't complete, the fact that there were supposed to be "further adventures for Franklin, Michael and Trevor" before they rehashed it as Online content (filled with the silly PVP nonsense) indicates there was more to come. Too bad Shark Cards won out.

Also, what if you don't have a PSN membership or XBL Gold? No multiplayer for you. There goes 40% of the game's vehicle list (I actually think Online has 60% of the vehicle list now that I think about it).

McGhee

And from the day GTA V went to nextgen console: Remember we said you can enjoy the online content offline too? Well, go f*ck yourselves and forget about the SP dlc also. No more vehicles will come to SP, because the game...., uhm........, oh yeah! The game does not support it and could glitch out. Yeah, thats it! Your game can crash... uh huh.

You can't argue over how they run sh*t. They have no idea if you have an internet connection or not. Can you imagine the people that DON'T have a way to be online and enjoy the dlc? I say if you do have a psn or xbone subscription then get on and enjoy before they abandon them like on ps3 and xb360. Because what you want is happening there right now. And its not prettty, let me tell ya.

You really don’t get it, do you?

Le biatch

@d9fred95

You actually can save all those cars. I've mentioned before that I personally own over 150 online, but only use maybe 3 or 4. I want you to look at the prices of those cars that came out during beach bum and igg2 and tell me R* was trying to screw us. I would say we screwed ourselves when we took that modded money.

And SP is very much complete. It's definitely 3 games in one and I'll even argue and say 4 with our story tacked on, which was completely free if you bought the game (thanks R*!) with ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to purchase shark cards with REAL money to buy the sh*t in the game.

I've mentioned it once and I'll repeat it again for you and Mcghee-

I made almost 1 MILLION in game money playing adversary games this past weekend. I did NOT play all day, about 4 or 5 hours (not all at once).

All it took was SKILL, PATIENCE, and most importantly..TIME. If you lack any of those features then I suggest you get a new hobby.

Why aren't y'all playing the game instead of doing this? Because you think R* is gonna give us a pity f*ck for our whining? We are months from all this to maybe come to a close and SP is still the bruise that won't go away for some it seems. I don't see how a story add on would help for a game where you had the CHOICE of killing 2 of the protagonists in the game.

McGhee

@d9fred95

You actually can save all those cars. I've mentioned before that I personally own over 150 online, but only use maybe 3 or 4. I want you to look at the prices of those cars that came out during beach bum and igg2 and tell me R* was trying to screw us. I would say we screwed ourselves when we took that modded money.

And SP is very much complete. It's definitely 3 games in one and I'll even argue and say 4 with our story tacked on, which was completely free if you bought the game (thanks R*!) with ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to purchase shark cards with REAL money to buy the sh*t in the game.

I made almost 1 MILLION in game money playing adversary games this past weekend. I did NOT play all day, about 4 or 5 hours (not all at once).

All it took was SKILL, PATIENCE, and most importantly..TIME. If you lack any of those features then I suggest you get a new hobby.

Why aren't y'all playing the game instead of doing this? Because you think R* is gonna give us a pity f*ck for our whining? We are months from all this to maybe come to a close and SP is still the bruise that won't go away for some it seems. I don't see how a story add on would help for a game where you had the CHOICE of killing 2 of the protagonists in the game.

Okay, this is about all the stupid I can take for a day. Apparantly, you indeed really not get it. My grandfather once told me to never argue Stupid. He was absolutely right. Of course, it was easier for him to say, because there was no internet when he was alive, but even without his knowledge of internet, he did know stupid people and to leave them be. I think its time for me to listen to the man and stop explaining my point to someone who fits the picture my grandpa drew out for me and who wont get any points given at all.

Edited by McGhee

Le biatch

@Mcghee

The bigger picture has always been there. They never made a new direction because online was just an experiment. A very long one indeed, but if I made some badass burritos and everyone liked them and kept selling for years I wouldn't want to stop either. It's just business and it never hurt anyone except the people that can't get the gist of it all. The genius of this game is the ability to learn from what they are doing and hoping you do the same.

Edited by Le biatch

gtafaninwest

It would as if Cockstar, or Dumb-Two, has fully pandered to a new generation of the fanbase which consists of rotton kiddies.

Galehaut

If R* would add more garages then it wouldn't be an issue. Lack of garage space was always a flaw in GTA V, makes me wonder why they even bothered adding more than 200 cars if you can't even save 30 of them. R* could also program them to spawn in freeroam like the Beach Bum - IGG2 vehicles do in CG.

Wanting to play SP four years after release is reasonable in a game like GTA.

Hum , no it's not. Do you expect a single player experience to be able to entertain you for thousands of hours over the course of multiple years ? Seems to me that you have enormous , unrealistic expectations. What other games do you play that offer you that level of entertainment ?

How much hours a single player game in 2018 should entertain you ? I'm curious.

I've been playing and testing onlines games since year 2000. Back then we knew that it would be the future of the industry , there was no doubt about it. It's a natural evolution with technical limitations changing over the years too. Back in 2000 , multiplayer games were centered either around split screens for consoles and lan for pc games.

Now that the internet is global and available for most of the planet , a switch occurred and they focused on pushing this multiplayer experience to another level , by permitting you to play with people all over the world. It's a natural evolution.

There's one constant rule in this universe that you will never be able to counter ; you adapt and evolve , or you extinguish. Online gaming is here to stay and i'll even go as far as to say that GTA 6 might be exclusive to online. It's not just GTA that's been heading in that direction , it's the whole industry.

D9fred95

Hum , no it's not. Do you expect a single player experience to be able to entertain you for thousands of hours over the course of multiple years ? Seems to me that you have enormous , unrealistic expectations. What other games do you play that offer you that level of entertainment ?

Are you seriously asking me "how is it possible to be entertained by a SP game for thousands of hours?" Are you serious? The concept of playing SP is this much of a stretch to you? SP can be as fun for as long as you're willing, just turn the game on. Each and every multiplayer function of a game is destined to end (barring local play) due to it's very nature of server requirements, which costs money. SP of a game can theoretically last quite literally forever providing the disc/downloaded program still works because it costs nothing for the dev.

As for games that offer me entertainment solo despite co-op or with no multiplayer at all, oh well, let's see:

-The Fallout franchise is fantastic and it's exclusively SP.

-Metal Gear has multiplayer here and there but do people talk about it much?

-Crash Bandicoot, Sly Cooper, Jak & Daxter, no multiplayer yet awesome platformers.

-Batman Arkham games, only Origins had multiplayer and it sucked.

-The Lego games have co-op but they're still a blast solo, you don't need another person to have fun.

-Bioshock, only 2 had multiplayer which felt tacked on.

-Tomb Raider, awesome SP games, 2013's reboot had bland multiplayer.

-Spec Ops: The Line, a wonderful critique on why people play shooters, it's multiplayer was bland and as the devs put it "a cancerous growth".

-Scarface:The World is Yours, one of the best licensed games out there, it introduced elements that future GTA's have only just obtained. No multiplayer.

-Dead Rising series, survive in an undead world using anything you find. Only 2 had multiplayer and it was only useful for making extra cash.

-Minecraft has a heavy multiplayer base, but even by yourself the game is only limited by your imagination. I've been making a large city called Harwood completely solo with no help.

-Destroy All Humans 1 & 2, classic alien invasion adventure based on 50s Sci-Fi. Only has local co-op.

The argument that you NEED multiplayer is just silly. Multiplayer works if you can work it into the game that doesn't feel forced. Games like Spec Ops had forced multiplayer and no one liked it. GTAO worked at first since they intended to implement it from the start, sadly Shark Cards have derailed everything.

How many hours should a SP game provide? As many as it can, depending on genre or what the game's about. You don't want too much filler otherwise it drags on. GTA IV had a bit too much filler for me but SA had about the right amount. I guess you could theoretically say multiplayer allows for "unlimited hours" due to human interactions, but if the multiplayer sucks no one will play it. I hear Battleborn is pretty much dead, so no unlimited hours for that.

There's one constant rule in this universe that you will never be able to counter ; you adapt and evolve , or you extinguish. Online gaming is here to stay and i'll even go as far as to say that GTA 6 might be exclusive to online. It's not just GTA that's been heading in that direction , it's the whole industry.

If a dev wants multiplayer in their game then let them, but don't act like "SINGLE PLAYER IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!" when there's still great SP games being made. Like why do we need only multiplayer? We can have both. If the game industry really want multiplayer only games then they're also going to need to make PSN and XBL Gold free. It's fine the way it is now due to all the SP games, but if you refuse to pay to play when 100% of the games choice is multiplayer exclusive, your console becomes a glorified paperweight as far as gaming goes.

Also it's rather silly to imply devs would extinguish if they didn't add multiplayer. Bethesda doesn't do multiplayer besides ESO and their games are massive hits and when they're criticized, it's because they don't bug test very well, not because of a lack of multiplayer.

@d9fred95

Yeah, you personally own 150 cars ONLINE, not SP. Sometimes you want to use these vehicles in SP since everything's cheaper, not spending nearly as mch cash. Not to mention you don't have to worry about griefers or people using lagswitches in SP so you can cruise at your leisure. You only use 3 or 4, others say they cycle their cars around so they can use all of them. I like to use a variety of cars, not just 3 or 4.

R* was fine back in Online's infacy, but they are trying to screw us now with these prices. The argument that "we did it to ourselves because of modded money" is flawed. If the real life US government decided to crack down on counterfeit cash by jacking up the prices on everything (think $25 for a Snickers bar) but kept the minimum wage rate exactly where it is, would you be happy?

It is definitely not four stories. If our "story" count then this counts for literally every game in existence. And like I said, the game isn't complete in the sense that R* sat down after production and said "we're done!" They clearly had something planned at one point.

What adversary mode? Was it 2x$? Because last time I played an adversary mode it took 40 minutes to finish, I came in first and got a whopping $60,000. Adversary modes are only good during 2x$ events, afterwards they tend to go into obscurity. Does anyone even remember Sumo,Vehicle Vendetta or god forbid, Tiny Racers? I've given GTAO my patience as well as time and considering I tend to come in second or third in max player races, I'd say I got skill. But overall I'm done with GTAO. I'd just like to see R* do better because I know they can do better.

Also, SP is the bruise? No, GTA was a SP experience all the way at the beginning. Saying SP is a bruise is like saying the FPS camera in CoD is a bruise.

Edited by D9fred95

Galehaut

'' How many hours should a SP game provide? As many as it can, depending on genre or what the game's about. ''

'' If a dev wants multiplayer in their game then let them, but don't act like "SINGLE PLAYER IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!" when there's still great SP games being made. ''

'' Also it's rather silly to imply devs would extinguish if they didn't add multiplayer. Bethesda doesn't do multiplayer besides ESO ''

I asked you a simple question and you couldn't even answer it. You seems to be implying that GTAV got no single player now ... is that it ? a 40 hours long story line that can replayed multiple time for different experiences based on which protagonist you play along with a 100+ hours worth of content to grind in the form of mini-games and sidequests isn't worthy of being called a long single player game ? I understand that some people can be frustrated due to having expectations toward something that they were looking forward.

Destroy all humans for example is a 20 hours long game at most , when you do all the side quests and explore all the maps. I know ; i have both of them On PS2. Despite being open world , it's still a linear game with '' stages '' or levels. Are you implying that you're still playing that game every week since 2005 ?

When you have a party with all your friends or when you guys all search for a game to play together casually , do any of you say '' Yo let's play destroy all humans , that game is the pinnacle of multiplayer gaming since 2005 ? '' No , the reality is that the multi player mode in that game was just a coop mode simply. You seems to think that i actually agree and enjoy how the industry turned out ; as a retro game collector , i'm not. It's not a reason to ignore the reality though.

Also you contradict yourself in the same sentences several time , you seems to think that AAA companies can rely solely on single player games and name a company then go and mention their last online game... while also ignoring one of their latest best seller ; an online mobile game. You really need to get in touch with the reality of this modern world.

2014 - SuperData Research has released figures for revenue of the Online Games market, including a top 10 list. ESO was at 11, and made $111m throughout 2014, not including box sales.

2015 - '' June was a pretty good month for digital game sales. Particularly Bethesda’s Fallout Shelter.

According to the latest report from SuperData research, Bethesda’s first mobile title earned $5.1 million during its first two weeks of availability. And it’s not even out on Android devices yet. Just iOS.

June 2015 mobile revenue overall was up 4% over May and 20% year-over-year, hitting $367 million.

There was other good news for Bethesda: ZeniMax Online’s console version of The Elder Scrolls Online sold 138,000 digital copies during its release month of June. SuperData said sales of the MMO were enough to “temporarily buoy the contracting pay-to-play MMO market” by 7% year-over-year to $50 million.

Digital console and PC sales reached a combined $314 million, up 30% year-over-year. ''

'' At an Elder Scrolls Online press event, Matt Firor confirmed to our own Bill Murphy that the game is sporting 8.5 million players. At E3 2016, ESO had 7 million players and has grown by 1.5 million since then. This number is based off of units sold and is not simply a tally of registered accounts. ''

D9fred95

I asked you a simple question and you couldn't even answer it. You seems to be implying that GTAV got no single player now ... is that it ? a 40 hours long story line that can replayed multiple time for different experiences based on which protagonist you play along with a 100+ hours worth of content to grind in the form of mini-games and sidequests isn't worthy of being called a long single player game ? I understand that some people can be frustrated due to having expectations toward something that they were looking forward.

I'm pretty sure I answered it, as I said as many as the dev can implement and the genre. Something like Journey shouldn't take 40 hours to finish for example, but a GTA installment should go on for a bit longer since it's open-world taking place in a crime filled version of our own, so many possibilities.

I wouldn't say I contradicted myself, maybe I should've been more clear. SP experiences can be played theoretically infinitely in the sense that the servers never go down, because there are none for SP obviously. 6000 years from now you could pop in GTAV, but GTAO will be long gone. A multiplayer game is destined by it's design to eventually end, not the concept on multiplayer mind you, the game itself.

If the question is "Do you expect a single player experience to be able to entertain you for thousands of hours over the course of multiple years" then I'd say it could. Fallout and Elder Scrolls have me coming back year after year no multiplayer provided.

Destroy all humans for example is a 20 hours long game at most , when you do all the side quests and explore all the maps. I know ; i have both of them On PS2. Despite being open world , it's still a linear game with '' stages '' or levels. Are you implying that you're still playing that game every week since 2005 ?

When you have a party with all your friends or when you guys all search for a game to play together casually , do any of you say '' Yo let's play destroy all humans , that game is the pinnacle of multiplayer gaming since 2005 ? '' No , the reality is that the multi player mode in that game was just a coop mode simply. You seems to think that i actually agree and enjoy how the industry turned out ; as a retro game collector , i'm not. It's not a reason to ignore the reality though.

I brought in Destroy All Humans as an example of a game you can fun with without multiplayer. It's obvious playing it at a party isn't a great plan, but that wasn't the point I was making. No, I don't play it every week, I like coming back to my old games every now and then and it's still fun. I must've clocked quite a few hours on it overall. At the same time I don't go back to the multiplayer portions of tacked on multiplayer.

Also you contradict yourself in the same sentences several time , you seems to think that AAA companies can rely solely on single player games and name a company then go and mention their last online game... while also ignoring one of their latest best seller ; an online mobile game. You really need to get in touch with the reality of this modern world.

I don't have a problem with the figures because I didn't intend to imply that companies can't succeed SP exclusive. Devs can make all the mobile games and multiplayer functions they want. I just want the multiplayer to be good and not tacked on. GTAO was great initially but now I'm against it, not because it's multiplayer, but because of the choices R* has made within it.

Clearly we are both misinterpreting each other somewhere, because I'm not against the concept of multiplayer at all. The point I'm against overall is "SP should go away because multiplayer is currently where it's at". I'm just saying a game doesn't require multiplayer to succeed which is what my list above is about. Some of them do have multiplayer but I reckon most people bought them for the SP experience.

Edited by D9fred95

Le biatch

@D9fred95

You do realize they have solo and invite only lobbies where you dont have to worry about anyone?

Making money isn't that hard either. I know you like to steal or hack it in SP and its way more convenient, but you usually have to work for what you really want, and not just in this game either.

Also, there isn't alot of games where the story is set in your own personal image and based on the decisions you make throughout the game. Implying that ALL games are like that without the option to create your avatar to your liking (incuding facial features) is wrong. And its been written that this is a complete game whether you like it or not.

And yes, I've made some good money off of 2x pay and 2x rp everytime they have it. It's really not that hard. All it takes is teamwork. But its kinda hard when you would prefer to "play with yourself".

And the bruise I talk about is on the arm of people complaining after all these years about "story dlc" and this and that. NOT R* or their decision to make a valuable lesson game.

Edited by Le biatch

D9fred95

@D9fred95

You do realize they have solo and invite only lobbies where you dont have to worry about anyone?

Making money isn't that hard either. I know you like to steal or hack it in SP and its way more convenient, but you usually have to work for what you really want, and not just in this game either.

And solo/invite lobbies are still part of Online, the servers go down or your multiplayer membership expires and the vehicles are unavailable. Simply having them in SP either as purchasables or stealables as well as adding more garage space would allow people to play around with these vehicles whenever they want. Sadly I suspect this is why R* added scripts in to despawn new DLC cars from SP, wouldn't want people trying out that $2.2 million car for free would we?

Also, there isn't alot of games where the story is set in your own personal image and based on the decisions you make throughout the game. Implying that ALL games are like that without the option to create your avatar to your liking (incuding facial features) is wrong. And its been written that this is a complete game whether you like it or not.

Except the only things you can edit about the trio is haircuts, clothes and tattoos, everything else is set in stone. Even clothing styles are tied to the characters, Michael can't wear hats or Trevor's clothes are mostly ill-fitting for example. I'd be more inclined to say an RPG like Elder Scrolls has more "player story" than GTA since your character is a blank slate with their backstory up to you complete with branching quest lines depending on your choices.

And yes, I've made some good money off of 2x pay and 2x rp everytime they have it. It's really not that hard. All it takes is teamwork. But its kinda hard when you would prefer to "play with yourself".

Teamwork is very hit and miss in GTAO from what I've experienced and read. The B&M topic for Online isn't almost 2000 pages for nothing after all. I still have yet to finish the Deluxo mission for Doomsday because players are more than happy to destroy the van and leave in a huff when they realized they failed. Import/Export, Biker work and CM's are the most dependable sources of money in GTAO from what I've tried. But I/E only goes as high as $100,000 which is random and has a cooldown and Biker work is risky because of the saturation of griefers with Oppressors, Deluxos, jets and explosive rifles.

Edited by D9fred95

Le biatch

@D9fred95

Do you remembered midnight club l.a.? It was one of my favorite games. Imagine the horror I felt when they said the servers were going down for ps3 It definitely sucked, but learned that they made a COMPLETE edition with all the dlcs on the disc.

Idk if they might do the same for this game, but they have so far with all the other titles they made, so just be patient.

If its not working online for you to make money then I suggest you find a good crew and have them help you. There are hundreds of them all willing to show you if need be and most prosper heavily. There is no limit to how much you can make.

So enjoy while you can, because it might all be over before the end of the year. Or they stop making updates and there will be hackers ready to f*ck sh*t up like in ps3/xb360.

D9fred95

@D9fred95

Do you remembered midnight club l.a.? It was one of my favorite games. Imagine the horror I felt when they said the servers were going down for ps3 It definitely sucked, but learned that they made a COMPLETE edition with all the dlcs on the disc.

They won't shut down GTAO's servers. One, it's too profitable and too popular. Shutting it down in October would be a disaster for both the company and gamers. Secondly, Midnight Club LA wasn't shut down "just cause", it shut down due to the GameSpy closure: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203102767-Effect-of-GameSpy-Closure-on-Past-Rockstar-Titles

It wouldn't make sense to release a "complete edition" of GTAV. All DLC's are for Online, nothing for SP, so you'd be buying... a normal copy of CG GTAV but with a fancy name. Also R* already released GTAV three times. Bethesda gets flack for releasing Skyrim four times, does R* want to beat their record?

If its not working online for you to make money then I suggest you find a good crew and have them help you. There are hundreds of them all willing to show you if need be and most prosper heavily. There is no limit to how much you can make.

I've tried this. Some groups work, but several have "embellished" their skills. Someone actually left the group in the middle of a heist once causing us to fail because he had guitar lessons, even though everyone was warned we were going all the way. In short, crews have been very hit and miss. Not to mention that, like many have said, GTAO shouldn't be a "job". Pretty much requiring good team members to make decent money that doesn't take several hours sounds very "jobish". And you need money in this game, even if you want to dick around. Those sticky bombs won't buy themselves after all or those weaponized vehicles everyone uses now. Or Mk2 weapons which require bunker research which requires a bunker, which in turn requires money.

I get that making money is the point of GTAO, but much like Battlefront 2, people don't want to waste a whole bunch of time on just one thing. That "pride and accomplishment" turns into frustration the longer it drags on.

So enjoy while you can, because it might all be over before the end of the year. Or they stop making updates and there will be hackers ready to f*ck sh*t up like in ps3/xb360.

But hackers and script kiddies are already here, just not as numerous. If anything I'd rather wait, GTAO has become so ridiculous now that hackers goofing around actually seems fun by comparison. Some of my fondest memories on LG was playing around the wind turbines they'd put in front of apartments.

Edited by D9fred95

Le biatch

@D9fred95

I know they wouldn't close the servers anytime soon, but there is a good chance they could make a dlc added game. We have no idea what kind of plans they have. And its a great way to be able to implement all the dlc onto SP to make a complete edition. Midnight club L.A. and L.A. noire had dlc added online first, then made disc later on. Not to mention IV also had a complete edition with lost and damned and bogt included.

Also I understand that playing with randoms is a pain but thats why I said to join a crew. I know that you might not like the idea, but if quick cash is needed then hacking or exploiting is an option that shouldn't be ignored.

I'm guessing you are on PC so you have to deal with dumbass sh*t but on console I haven't seen anyone pulling sh*t yet. Just be patient bro and do what you need to do.

Edited by Le biatch

Smokewood

I've been playing donkey kong since the 80s and still love it.

Single player games tend to be a lot more enjoyable because multiplayer ALWAYS turns into "shot first and ask questions later".

Le biatch

Single player games tend to be a lot more enjoyable because multiplayer ALWAYS turns into "shot first and ask questions later".

I understand the appeal for SP but the point of a game is to compete to win and I see how gta online is painfully hard by pitting yourself with REAL competition. What bothers me is the hate for shark cards because its no different from a cheat code, and a LEGAL cheat code at that to gain the upper hand.

Its almost as if they are BEGGING us to cheat so we can understand the difference between walking the path and knowing the path. It is frustrating to try to explain this but in a game where we are meant to rob, cheat and steal, one would think to keep that same mentality to try to get whatever you need by any means necessary.

Its just a game guys. When in Rome, do what the Romans do. We are in Los Santos, so either own or get owned. Very simple.

D9fred95

@D9fred95

I know they wouldn't close the servers anytime soon, but there is a good chance they could make a dlc added game. We have no idea what kind of plans they have. And its a great way to be able to implement all the dlc onto SP to make a complete edition. Midnight club L.A. and L.A. noire had dlc added online first, then made disc later on. Not to mention IV also had a complete edition with lost and damned and bogt included.

It's not that GTAO's DLC was added online, it's that it's Online exclusive, as in GTAO. There's pretty much nothing besides vehicles and weapons that could be logically added to a "complete edition" because they're all multiplayer game modes. For example, how would Deadline work in SP? Or Overtime Rumble? They're modes made for multiplayer after all, a "complete edition" would have nothing for SP which severely undermines releasing the game again. And even if R* did release a complete edition to coincide with a SP DLC, it would be scummy at best.

Also I understand that playing with randoms is a pain but thats why I said to join a crew. I know that you might not like the idea, but if quick cash is needed then hacking or exploiting is an option that shouldn't be ignored.

I'm guessing you are on PC so you have to deal with dumbass sh*t but on console I haven't seen anyone pulling sh*t yet. Just be patient bro and do what you need to do.

I don't get what you're getting at, are you implying I should hack the game to get quick cash? Wasn't it mentioned in another thread that hacking in cash was supposed to be a major problem in GTAO? Doesn't matter anyway because I game on XB1 not PC, so hacks wouldn't even be an option unless I came across a modder/script kiddie in a lobby.

Le biatch

@D9fred95

I was talking about the actual story set in online with Lester and Lamar and the agent. This can easily be added to the story to keep it going. Along with all the goodies made online exclusive, I don't see why it couldn't be done. I mean, that is what everyone wants right?

I'll say it again, online was an experiment that started in IV. When they saw how successful it was, they made it more interesting by adding sh*t that people usually want in a SP game.

But the problem was and always will be hackers, cheaters and exploiters. Using a modded account is the same as shark cards. Why should modders make money off a game that isn't even theirs? Why is it so hard to just give in and make free money by yourself without the need to spend real cash? Im not proud to be doing it, but I realized like you that its not forever, and you can get it easy without wasting alot of time. Its a chance to stick it to the man and say "f*ck that..enough is enough".

R* knows that not everyone will do it, cause there are those that "care" about stats, k/d and completeness. But I'm gonna tell you right now..

IDGAF about all that! Ain't nobody got time for that. I don't even think they care either.

One more time to make it clear:

WHEN THE ONE GREAT SCORER COMES TO WRITE AGAINST YOUR NAME, HE MARKS NOT THAT YOU WON OR LOST, BUT HOW YOU PLAYED THE GAME

D9fred95

@D9fred95

I was talking about the actual story set in online with Lester and Lamar and the agent. This can easily be added to the story to keep it going. Along with all the goodies made online exclusive, I don't see why it couldn't be done. I mean, that is what everyone wants right?

It wouldn't work well because the DLC storylines explicitly state that the player doing them is "my creepy silent friend". Or would Michael, Trevor and Franklin awkwardly standing around silent in cutscenes with their friends acting like they've only met a handful of times be fine? Franklin would be definitely speaking up at Lamar during his lowrider missions and Michael would probably complain to Lester that saving the world is a bit out of their league in Doomsday.

But the problem was and always will be hackers, cheaters and exploiters. Using a modded account is the same as shark cards. Why should modders make money off a game that isn't even theirs? Why is it so hard to just give in and make free money by yourself without the need to spend real cash? Im not proud to be doing it, but I realized like you that its not forever, and you can get it easy without wasting alot of time. Its a chance to stick it to the man and say "f*ck that..enough is enough".

So... are you against modding or are you fine with it? Because in other threads you talked about how modding is why R* raised the prices up so much on in-game items as punishment and that modders are to blame. But now we should mod more? I'm trying to follow this.

Le biatch

I can see the 3 protags taking over the slots of the people helping you in online but with added voiceovers.

And yes, do what you need to do to get the money man. You won't be the only one or the last.

Darealbandicoot

I can see the 3 protags taking over the slots of the people helping you in online but with added voiceovers.

And yes, do what you need to do to get the money man. You won't be the only one or the last.

Well it was meant to be. Online heists WERE single player dlc because the heists they WERE planning for online were too mediocre and they needed something to release.

Smokewood

I understand the appeal for SP but the point of a game is to compete to win and I see how gta online is painfully hard by pitting yourself with REAL competition. What bothers me is the hate for shark cards because its no different from a cheat code, and a LEGAL cheat code at that to gain the upper hand.

Its almost as if they are BEGGING us to cheat so we can understand the difference between walking the path and knowing the path. It is frustrating to try to explain this but in a game where we are meant to rob, cheat and steal, one would think to keep that same mentality to try to get whatever you need by any means necessary.

Its just a game guys. When in Rome, do what the Romans do. We are in Los Santos, so either own or get owned. Very simple.

You have a flawed premise.

The point of a game is not to compete and win per say. What about co-op with a friend against the NPCs?

Le biatch

You have a flawed premise.

The point of a game is not to compete and win per say. What about co-op with a friend against the NPCs?

I meant to say shark cards are legal modded account funds being sold by R* instead of a random person that doesnt own the rights to the game. So they shouldn't be hated because illegal mod money was the same thing as them. Other than R*, I dont think any one was complaining about them. Would it be ok if they still existed and everyone had infinite in game cash to blow?

And i think there already is missions where you just play with npcs and friends (lamar missions and others)

Lock n' Stock

GTA Online ruined GTA.

Controversial and over-the-top statement I know, but I say it like I see it, y'know?

Tengerecki

I totally agree with OP. Same here, I simply refuse to play GTAO anymore. And the futuristic crap's only there because that's what the 12 year olds want.

Ertan Soner

Totally agree. Never liked and never played online. Gta 5 mustn't be like that, it must be different, it must be improved gta 4 without that fantastic s**t. Gta online musn't released at the first place....If it keep going like that we will get gta 6 or 7 in space or some kind of dlc....

This was a joke rockstar, do not ever think about it. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.

Edited by Ertan Soner

FATMANYOU2

Rockstar needs to stick to their roots, Single player. Not hating on GTAO, but hopefully something is brewing!