Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,362 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Kirsty

Doomsday Heist Quick Questions

Question

Kirsty

Got a quick question that needs a quick answer?

Rammer2k

Watching some videos for Elite Challenge, there were comments that if the time isn't met during the checklist screen, everyone can quick power off the system, and be able to do the finale again instead of having to redo all the preps/setups. Basically like the CMM trick if someone dies, you won't lose your progress. Is that actually true?

Shadowfennekin

Is there a way to get the Target outfit in Hardest Target?

I love the green heavy plate armor....

MaxBazooka01

This isn't a question about DDH. But, in the Elysian Island bunker resupply, why does my brother get a plain Insurgent to drive back to his bunker while I get an APC?

StangOne50

Watching some videos for Elite Challenge, there were comments that if the time isn't met during the checklist screen, everyone can quick power off the system, and be able to do the finale again instead of having to redo all the preps/setups. Basically like the CMM trick if someone dies, you won't lose your progress. Is that actually true?

I dont know about by the checklist screen but yea if the host quits before the heist is complete you can just replay it.

The time is not much of an issue in these challenges. You can just use a timer also and if you are not close then just quit and try again.

I think when they do the replay glitch they close the app at the flash after landing the jetpacks so the checklist screen may be too late. If you see the orange spinning circle then its probably too late.

aFinn

This isn't a question about DDH. But, in the Elysian Island bunker resupply, why does my brother get a plain Insurgent to drive back to his bunker while I get an APC?

It changes from Insurgent to APC after you have completed the MOC mission for APC

Silencer555

^If only there was a way to reverse the process to get Insurgents again. I hate driving the APC all the back to my bunker since it's slower than the Insurgent and more annoying to deal with when attacking it on the move.

Rashkovskys Shiv

^If only there was a way to reverse the process to get Insurgents again. I hate driving the APC all the back to my bunker since it's slower than the Insurgent and more annoying to deal with when attacking it on the move.

When doing that resupply mission, get to the yellow marker, then immediately take cover in the marked area,do NOT attack till agent 14 says so, if you attack too early or too late,then the Apc gets away and you have to chase it.

Create a bottleneck by attacking at the precise time, the goons will hop out of the Apc to attack you, then it's a easy secure and deliver mission.

Silencer555

When doing that resupply mission, get to the yellow marker, then immediately take cover in the marked area,do NOT attack till agent 14 says so, if you attack too early or too late,then the Apc gets away and you have to chase it.

Create a bottleneck by attacking at the precise time, the goons will hop out of the Apc to attack you, then it's a easy secure and deliver mission.

Yes, effective but still results in having a slow APC to drive in the end. Plus I prefer a hit and run approach over ambushes for the sake of intensity, which Insurgents would be far more fun to deal with rather than having to bring out explosive resistant vehicles to save yourself from the APC's cannon during a chase.

Stupidis

I've seen a list with the release dates for all new vehicles but can't find it now. Anyone care to share?

Rafae

I've seen a list with the release dates for all new vehicles but can't find it now. Anyone care to share?

This is the order of the remaining cars

Kamacho

190z

Hustler

Comet SR

Rammer2k

Probably a dumb question here. The Elite Challenge on Act 3 for head shots. Is that suppose to be head shot kills, or just landing head shots? On our last run, we ended up with 170 head shots, but it didn't seem nowhere near like we killed that many clones. I know a couple of the baddies took 2 - 3 head shots before going down. Unless perhaps blowing up all the nighsharks in the tunnel counted for headshots too?

Jimbatron

Probably a dumb question here. The Elite Challenge on Act 3 for head shots. Is that suppose to be head shot kills, or just landing head shots? On our last run, we ended up with 170 head shots, but it didn't seem nowhere near like we killed that many clones. I know a couple of the baddies took 2 - 3 head shots before going down. Unless perhaps blowing up all the nighsharks in the tunnel counted for headshots too?

The guys in the elite challenge world record thread seem pretty convinced (because I asked this exact question), that one head shot kills, and if it seems like more then that's lag, you won't get any more towards your total. I was asking because I was making a stealth kill video of the "Test Site Intel" prep and it's clear that with a standard silenced pistol it's two head-shots to kill. So it did occur to me if you were ballsy and went for a weak weapon, it might allow your to boost the head-shot count more, potentially allowing you to complete the hacks quicker without losing out on the re spawns you need (if going for a super fast time).

http://gtaforums.com/topic/802104-the-elite-challenges-grand-leaderboard-v2/page-93?do=findComment&comment=1070081422

I'm unclear about whether explosions count or not. My hunch though is yes, they do - at least, if you kill a vehicle occupant with an ambient blast. The reason I say this is I've watched a lot of videos and people taking the tank seem to get a higher head-shot count than you'd expect - which would tally, as blowing up the insurgents would happen more frequently than with the Barrage. I have absolutely no hard proof of that though, it's just a gut feeling based on observations.

Edited by Jimbatron

StangOne50

In casual 2 player runs we end up with about 160-180 headshots and thats using the barrage and just head shooting the guys on top shooting at us. For a 4 player team, unless you put up a pretty decent time 170 headshots is probably a bit low or average depending on how fast you guys are going. Ive had runs with 3-4 players where we have gotten between 200-300 headshots. Depends alot on how fast the hacks go. If the hack takes a minute and 3 players get just 15 headshots each time thats 45 just during each hack.

It would be interesting to know if you blow the trucks up whether they counted or not but I would be surprised if they did.

Edited by StangOne50

Jimbatron

In casual 2 player runs we end up with about 160-180 headshots and thats using the barrage and just head shooting the guys on top shooting at us. For a 4 player team, unless you put up a pretty decent time 170 headshots is probably a bit low or average depending on how fast you guys are going. Ive had runs with 3-4 players where we have gotten between 200-300 headshots. Depends alot on how fast the hacks go.

I think that last bit is key. My four man team got 158 headshots in under 25 minutes which sounds low. But then we blitzed the hack section and slowed down at the end because I was monitoring it on the stop watch and realised we had bags of time left. We Took it easy for the last bit to avoid an unlucky death and get the achievement. It's obviously only the hack section where you get those extra respawns to boost headshot potential.

It would be interesting to know if you blow the trucks up whether they counted or not but I would be surprised if they did.

Obviously the concept feels a bit off but it depends how the game records a headshot, of which I'm unclear. If it requires a bullet to hit the head then it won't. But if it registers any damage to the head as a headshot then ambient explosions could count. I had a look at the wiki for native functions but none with headshot in the title are documented. Edited by Jimbatron

The Other Dude

This probably works like the other properties but I'll ask just in case. If I buy the security room or orbital cannon and then switch facilities, will I have to re-purchase them?

delorianlazarus

^

Never tried myself but people say so.

If you move your facility, you loose its extensions. You have to purchase again.

Gridl0k

^ 100% you do.

Piro

it was probably answered before but:

Doomsday heists - pays better if you play with 2 or with 4?

Rafae

it was probably answered before but:

Doomsday heists - pays better if you play with 2 or with 4?

2.. common sense

You don't get a higher pay reward if you do it with two people if that's what you're asking, you just get to share the base reward between less people

Jimbatron

Further to the above, the fair payout for the host is 60% for 2 players, and 40% with 4 players.

So the host ought to earn 1.5 times more money if two of you do it. But in my experience it doesn't take more than 50% longer to do it with 2 players, only marginally more. This is especially true of Act 3, provided you can handle the finale, all setups and preps can be done just as easily with two players as with 4.

Rumbls-ss

I am trying to post a picture. I found something interesting in the mountains of chillad. How do I post it? I am no way a blogger. lol

Piro

I am trying to post a picture. I found something interesting in the mountains of chillad. How do I post it? I am no way a blogger. lol

whatever it is - i'm 100% sure someone found it before you. This game is 4 years old.

You are most likely talking about those:

Glyphs.jpg

Cutter De Blanc

Is it possible to solo the Deluxo setup? I usually end up doing most of the work when I play this one anyway, can other dude just chill there, or is there not enough time?

Rafae
Posted (edited)

Is it possible to solo the Deluxo setup? I usually end up doing most of the work when I play this one anyway, can other dude just chill there, or is there not enough time?

I just found out yesterday that you can

It was just me and some other chick, I got to the Deluxo before her and was waiting for her to get there and get in hers but she got in mine and the mission proceeded as usual. Just be careful when hacking the boats though as it's real easy for the passenger to get killed if they're not shooting the enemy while you're hacking.

All players have to be in a Deluxo in some fashion btw for the mission to progress but you can still hack all the targets by yourself while they just chill somewhere. There's plenty enough time to hack all three different types of targets.

Edited by Rafae

zAimed

Should I rather buy the Avenger or Deluxo?

StangOne50

Both have their uses I suppose. Do you have MOC already? If not I would say maybe avenger.

What do you want them for? griefing, transport?

hamburger361

Do have.to buy tha facility plus the flying moc to launch heist setups?

Just need the facility.

Does the bunker 2 for 1 research glitch still work?

zAimed
Posted (edited)

Both have their uses I suppose. Do you have MOC already? If not I would say maybe avenger.

I want the best vehicle for destroying cargo. Edited by zAimed

StangOne50

I want the best vehicle for destroying cargo.

Hm Im not sure if the Deluxo or any missiles lock onto cargo. I think I read it somewhere and I have also had a few times I could not lock onto players transporting. You may wanna check on that before investing. If you just want to destroy cargo then I would get a jet or just steal one from the base if money is an issue.