Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,761 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
REXX

The Doomsday Heist Appreciation Thread

ShadowlessDevil

Catsuits!!!

Scuba Gear!!!

And vehicles are available !!

:)

delorianlazarus

Scuba ??

Fantastic

And those awards confirm its possible to go 2,3,4 players all the way long.

Great job!!

ShadowlessDevil

Scuba ??

Fantastic

And those awards confirm its possible to go 2,3,4 players all the way long.

Great job!!

Yup scuba gear!!

Fireboy769

+No Research. Gun Mods and Car Mods are immediately unlocked

+Scuba Gear that lets you stay indefinitely underwater

+Lots of Fan-Requested vehicles, such as the Jetpack, Hermes, Deluxo, and Thunder-Rodd (now renamed Hustler)

+It's a new heist that's pretty great

+You can store the Deluxo and some of the other new Weaponized vehicles in normal garages. Basically anything that isn't the Tank or Jetpack or Bigass trucks

-Costs 1.25-2.85 million to actually go into the heist, plus another $65,000 for startup fee

-You can't store the Jetpack and several other vehicles in a normal garage, though understandably

-Expect noobs in heists once again

-PALETO BAY FACILITY

Cudwieser

I must say I'm enjoying this so far. I have at least one beef (in the B&M), yet because of it I must say there are some positives. The lower entry requirement for players needed helps loners and randoms greatly. Inspite of my beef you can weed out the inept and uninterested restart quicker with better players (assuming you're half competent and others are willing). You can run a decent ad hoc team within a few tries. I must also say the depth to the DDH is impressive and a nice distraction to the general run of the game. I'm a little put out, yet still impressed with the Prep for the Setup. It's an interesting touch, but a bit of a cluster f*ck if you don't know what you're doing or get a sh*tty freeroam (helps to have a crew on hand, especially for the deluxos). Saying that it isn't urgent and can be done single handed. What you procure you keep and simply have to amass enough resource to progess. There are time limits when you try to procure a vehicle, but you're at your leisure as to when you start and keep what you have (until the setup is over. You must buy the vehicles you keep)

All in all it seems a pretty decent blend of what has gone before. While you can't lone wolf the setups or Heist, you can still do the prep yourself and the reduced player requirement at least speeds up the setups. No doubt you'll find your team as you go through the DDT in no time at all.

jpm1

Avenger parked in a garage smaller than it. complex in a dam reservoir. i think R* has been hacked by the Russian, or by the North-Korean or by the Chinese, lol. seriously wtf is this. just seen there is the Hermes. so will give it a try for this and the Deluxo, but i'm starting to have big doubts about that game, that i used to love so much in the past

NIGHTHAWK0D2

Anyone know the payouts for the heist yet?

REXX

Well, I'm happy! Not much else to say :D

38294803044_88e7c94c3e_o.jpg

Lamborghini1335

Pros:

-tank v2 is a tank

-mk2 weapons bunch 2

-massive underground lair

attack chopper

Cons:

-Glitches

-needs more mk2 weapons

ShadowlessDevil

Love it!!

I just the Strike Team on a player. I used the one that was free, when I started to spy on the player, It showed that he was going inside a Cargobob...No problem, My Strike Team shot him down with a missile from a helicopter lol

Commander S

Probably need to post this somewhere else as well, but after some consideration...

...depends which Doomsday Heist update we're talking about. :p

Gunrunning 2/Smuggler's Run 2/Jump the Shark Card Update 3 (or 4, if you include Import/Export) is an absolute garbage fire of idiocy, greed, stupid design decisions, and honestly makes me worry about the future of R* games in general. But then, that's been true all year... :sigh:

Meanwhile, I'm Not A Hipster 2 is ...probably the coolest thing that's happened to this game since probably Ill-Gotten Gains - possibly even the original I'm Not A Hipster. Sure, there's very little in the way of new clothes (Rexx's victory on the catsuit front aside! ;)), so it's a bit weak in that regard - but it does make up for that with a whole bunch of wishlist vehicles from a wide variety of niches, with enough variety for everyone, and enough customisation potential to make Chip Foose need a lie down and a mug of hot cocoa. :pp

And even better: it's the cheaper of the two updates by miles! No need to grind for tens of millions, when there are some perfectly nice cars for comfortably under the $1 million mark (including a freebie - thanks, R*!). :colgate:

Haokizaru

I just finished my 10hrs GTA Online marathon, i litterallly bought every single item that was released today, i played 1st act twice and also half of the second act. I gotta say, it has been a while since i enjoyed playing a video game that much

My reasons why this DLC is the best so far:

-The facilities: They are pretty much a mix of bunkers, hangars and CEO offices, being much bigger and offering unique features like the orbital cannon,global surveillance, strike teams, personal vehicle strorage and more

-Vehicles: So much variety, so much choice, reasonable prices

-Clothes: AWESUM (freaking scuba diving suits)

-Weapons: All the new MKII weapons we had with this DLC are balanced, and they also nerfed the explosive heavy sniper which a lot of people were complaining about

-Legends: Jetpack, Deluxo

-Personal aircraft features: We can finally open the back of the cargobob and the Titan

-The Ospray: Makes the old MOC look like a poop on wheels

-A new radio station

-Last but not least, a new unbelievable heist

And on top of all that, they announce that we can expect even bigger updates in the future (which i have been speculating for months)

I think we can all agree that they put a lot of effort in this massive free update for a 5 y/o game and for that, only one thing we can say:

Hats off !

StangOne50

Catsuits!!!

Scuba Gear!!!

What catsuits? I didnt notice them. Where can I find them.

The vehicle prices are not as high as I thought which is a good thing and there are some decent new heist missions with pretty cool interiors.

Vitalize

This jetpack is seriously so f*cking insane

Im literally in love with this thing. Too bad i cant pick up prostitutes in it :(

Edited by Samcrow

REXX

This jetpack is seriously so f*cking insane

Im literally in love with this things. Too bad i cant pick up prostitutes in it :(

You can only thrust one thing at once ;)

UKPortista

A significant improvement on the last two updates and a very enjoyable DLC overall. I don't think the Heists are quite as good as the first round of jobs from 2015...but they're still fun (in a masochistic kind of way) and certainly far more enjoyable than the pvp centric rubbish R* served up in Gunrunning and Smugglers. The glitchy-ness is a little frustrating, though.

Aesthetically, the game is showing it's age. I guess that's expected for a game that's 4+ years old...but I still found it a little jarring at times, particularly the facial graphics/textures during cut room scenes, which looked very dated to me.

I know this thing is still a licence to print money for R* anf TT, but how much more mileage left in the old girl before the GTA universe gets/needs a shiny new upgrade?

Pumpkin Zone

I'm not sure where to post this, as there isn't really a thread dedicated to the actual storyline going on in this heist.

What's everyone feel about this DLC 100% proving Online takes place after single player now? Not to mention the references to

the UL Paper Contract and Michael

rebeldevil

I'm still sort of processing everything they've added. There is a LOT of new content here, and I appreciate that a lot. New clothing options (most of which are pretty nice), new vehicles (that cost too much, but whatever), a new radio station, and three new heists (that I haven't attempted yet)

The only thing I'm really pissed about is the price of the Deluxo. I was expecting it to be between $2-3 million. Not $3.5M-4.7M.

Overall though I'm pretty impressed with all the new stuff they've added.

ShadowlessDevil

Catsuits!!!

Scuba Gear!!!

The vehicle prices are not as high as I thought which is a good thing and there are some decent new heist missions with pretty cool interiors.

You can find them in all the store Just got to the cash register and you'll have the option of getting it.

StangOne50

Catsuits!!!

Scuba Gear!!!

You can find them in all the store Just got to the cash register and you'll have the option of getting it.

I am not seeing anything new that resembles a cat suit. All I see is scuba gear and gorka suits.

Do you or anyone else have a pic of these cat suits?

Stormingz

I love the new Akula, the off the map capabilities really give you an edge.

We Are Ninja

I am not seeing anything new that resembles a cat suit. All I see is scuba gear and gorka suits.

They're listed literally between the scuba suits and the gorka suits...

gJ2HFby.jpg

EDIT: Wait. Do you have a male character? They might not be available for male characters...

Edited by We Are Ninja

StangOne50

They're listed literally between the scuba suits and the gorka suits...

gJ2HFby.jpg

EDIT: Wait. Do you have a male character? They might not be available for male characters...

I have both but havent checked female yet, thanks :oD

Yea I guess the male may not be able to rock that outfit lol

Edited by StangOne50

Vitalize

Anyone else notice the reference to niko in the Rescue ULP setups?

IamCourtney

Is this a premade outfit only? As soon as I saw it on a loading screen I had to have it but I didn't see individual pieces...

Also, I appreciate the Prep missions. The Setup/Finale portions are great too but Free Roam is still where I really be and I like that they've incorporated it into the heist.

REXX

Is this a premade outfit only? As soon as I saw it on a loading screen I had to have it but I didn't see individual pieces...

Yes they are only premade. Quite a bit of variety though :D

septimoose

I hope I'm not the only person to match their catsuit to their Facility interior colour-scheme.

JoeFury1997

The agent 14 set-up mission is pretty fun and fairly balanced comapred to some other setups.

Capricornus

Just seeing the excitement from everyone really gets me excited to experience it! This DLC looks beyond sick. Can't wait till the weekend to finally update and play. Feel free to add me I'm on PS4. Capricornus_18