1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

thalilmythos

SA - Gang reinforcements.

thalilmythos

Gang reinforcements

Yeah, it's me, again.

Lately i have been trigger happy, i was feeling like gangs weren't enough challenge, so i figured they would have to improve a little.

Now everytime you enter enemy hoods with bad intentions, gang cars full of people will respond to the way your gun talks so be aware, eyes on your shoulder, this is specially interesting on gang wars, where not only the waves will come but cars full of people too.

Oh and if you try to run away in car, they will chase you and shoot you..

5sL8xbD.jpg

HFLaxwU.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cpd69n76f19b685/RE+GR+update+2019+2.2.7z

Enjoy

Edited by thalilmythos

Junior_Djjr

The opcode 02E0: (firing_weapon) has a problem, on certain occasions it simply never returns true.

According to my very old tests when creating "Enhanced Functions (Weapons)", I deduced that it is caused by the amount of cleo mods installed in the game, but I can't say, may be some incompatibility.

This is very common, many people reported that the my mod simply didn't work until I discovered this.

I found a sh*tty solution:

{$cleo}0000:constpIsFiring = [email protected] = [email protected] = [email protected] true    wait 0    player.Defined(0)    jf continue        0AB1: call_scm_func @GetWeaponIsFiringAddress 1 $player_actor -> pIsFiring    if gosub @IsFiring    then        0ACD: show_text_highpriority "~y~FIRING" time 1    endend:IsFiring0A8D: iCurrentFire = read_memory pIsFiring size 1 vp falseif 803B:  iCurrentFire <> iLastFirethen    0085: iLastFire = iCurrentFire    0485:  return_trueelse    059A:  return_falseendreturn:GetWeaponIsFiringAddress0A96: [email protected] = [email protected] struct0A8E: [email protected] = [email protected] + 0x718 // Current Weapon Slot0A8D: [email protected] = read_memory [email protected] size 1 vp [email protected] *= 28 // Size of weapon data    0A8E: [email protected] = [email protected] + 0x5A0 // Start of weapon data005A: [email protected] += [email protected] // Get weapon [email protected] += 16 // idk0AB2: ret 1 [email protected]
Basically, in [email protected] += 16 we have a random number every shot, so just check if it's different.

Again your mod has code multiplication. How about trying to avoid this by making it more dynamic? It's somewhat easy, there are several free variables to use.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

thalilmythos

I know, i am slowly diminishing the duplication on all of my codes, finally learning to apreciate gosub, but you know with all the ifs, if false, and all that, the brain overheats and i am allways eager to release things, so i do it like this from the start because is my process and is hard to change it, however i'll be updating everything i've done with less of that any time soon, think of my first releases like a test mod.

i am having no problems with the firing opcode, and if it doesn't return true in one shot then it will on the next, is really not that much of a problem is actually better like that, making it random, so sometimes the backup doesn't arrive, it doesn't have to be like clockwork, not on this script at least.

Edited by thalilmythos

Junior_Djjr

i am having no problems with the firing opcode

When I remove my cleo mods it also works fine here.

When I put in a GTA with few mods, it also works, when I put in another GTA with many mods, it doesn't work. I don't know the real reason for this problem.

Note: Apparently the problem only happens in instant impact weapons. Including I have already mistakenly used this opcode to check if you are throwing explosives or grenades thinking that the opcode name was wrong.

thalilmythos

I am really happy with the product, throw in a weapon.dat doubling the damage and range of the weapons, get into a gang war and if you survive the challenge, you will be on the edge of the sit, i assure you, this is what modding is all about am having a blast here.

Next update will have less repetition for better performance and less lines of script.

Edited by thalilmythos

thalilmythos

When you ride around the desert and all of a sudden Vagos come for you , so you lure them to "El castillo del Diablo" and kill them, but the backup arrives, then more backup arrives, then more backup arrives and all of a sudden you are in a modern western.

lYZE9P3.png

New update, get it here:

Link removed

-Now reinforcements will just keep coming, unless you leave the area AND leave them behind in a chase (if they are chasing you.)

Sorry for bumping my own topic, but i just couldn't help myself.

Edit:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hrybaesadn4oql6/Gang+reinforcements+fixed.rar

Fixed some problems with actors not dying.

Fixed crashes after a lot of reinforcement cars are destroyed.

Edited by thalilmythos

thalilmythos

Better late than never i suppose.

NEW UPDATE:

Biker reinforcements added which consist of 4 bikers in 2 bikes coming for you, this will work if you have the bikers as gang 10 or if you shoot the biker peds OR the biker dealer, doesn't matter, they will still come.

get it here.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u4mcb9yjhya4h6n/RE_GR_update_2019.7z/file

Edited by thalilmythos

gts.
Posted (edited)

What about of merge the latest update in one single script as you did with Hit Squad a few hours ago?

EDIT:

Also, what will happen if I don't have any gang in slot 10, as you mention about bikers. The script still working anyway?

Edited by gts.

thalilmythos
3 hours ago, gts. said:

What about of merge the latest update in one single script as you did with Hit Squad a few hours ago?

EDIT:

Also, what will happen if I don't have any gang in slot 10, as you mention about bikers. The script still working anyway?

That update is coming soon, it is very simple to do anyway, and yes, the script is working even if you are just killing the biker drug dealer.

Inadequate

@thalilmythos what about a VC version of this? :p

gts.

Oh, just again great work!

thalilmythos

So, turns out there was a Vagos member who was not getting a weapon, instead the script was giving it to another actor, who probably sometimes dissapears.

This was causing crashes and it was just a typo.

This probably will be the last version of this, unless someone finds a crash related to it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cpd69n76f19b685/RE+GR+update+2019+2.2.7z

Inadequate

@thalilmythos can you do an alternative version where Varrio Los Aztecas and Triads call to reinforcements too? Will match with Extended Gang Wars plugin.