Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,792 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
CountdownIIExtinction

German USK 18 rating

CountdownIIExtinction

Are games sold in Germany with USK 18 rating same as UK 18? Or are they also cut/censored versions like the games with USK 16?

I read from GTA wiki that some GTA titles like SA and VC are available in both 16 and 18 editions in Germany. I wonder what the difference is. GTAIV and GTAV however are USK 18 -- are German versions of these games uncut?

Vanzant

I don't have any USK copies yet...I have plenty of Cero / ESRB / PEGI copies.

As far as I know the only changes to violence across the board of games is that in the GTAIII German version the ability to continue to beat civilians with the bat is disabled. The Japanese version of GTAV skips over the torture section.

San Andreas German version also disables beating killed civilians with weapons, civilians don't drop money when killed and you cannot shoot the heads off civilians.

CountdownIIExtinction

I don't have any USK copies yet...I have plenty of Cero / ESRB / PEGI copies.

As far as I know the only changes to violence across the board of games is that in the GTAIII German version the ability to continue to beat civilians with the bat is disabled. The Japanese version of GTAV skips over the torture section.

San Andreas German version also disables beating killed civilians with weapons, civilians don't drop money when killed and you cannot shoot the heads off civilians.

That's USK 16. I want to know what's different in USK 18. And what the hell does Japanese version of GTAV have to do with it?

Vanzant

I doubt there's a difference. Probably rated that way after the hot coffee ordeal.

el carlitos

Yes there is a difference. I played the USK version of GTA Vice City. No blood and dead bodies did not loose money. So, no money pick up from dead people. Thats what I noticed. I don´t know if there was more cut content.

Notice, it was easy to change this issue on PS2 just buy changing the language from your console into English or Spanish, not German.

Edited by el carlitos

wurm45

The USK rating is independant from the other ratings such as PEGI. There are different levels like USK 0, 6, 12, 16 and 18. You must have an USK rating here to be allowed to sell your game in public. Also important to know that the USK system is a self-regulatory one, so the USK will tell the publisher what can be in a game to get one of the ratings. Today, most stuff passes without any cuts with a USK 16 or 18 rating. But a little bit in the past it was different, lots of games had to tone down on violence to even get an USK 18 rating.

Also since USK 18 games didn't sell well, since games where something seen mostly for teens, in the publishers oppinion at least, they made further cuts themselves (the devs, publisher) to get an USK 16 rating, to broaden their target audience.

Also having an USK 16 rating doesn't mean that it's cut, there are lot of examples of uncut USK 16 games.

Anyway the differences between the USK 16 and USK 18 version of San Andreas is that it was first rated USK 16 and after the infamous Hot Coffee Mod showed up, it was pulled from the stores and rerated as USK 18, there's no further difference between them two.

Furthermore for most older games there are uncut patches or even older ones you just had to change the language or edit some config file. For newer games it's not so easy, looking at you Bethesda and Wolfenstein.

CountdownIIExtinction

There is no way to get stuff like peds dropping money in USK 16 PS2 version of SA, My PS2 language is already English by default. And when I put the German disc in - my other save file wasn't even recognized. I had to start all over.

Is sex also censored in German GTA? Buying services from prostitutes and private dances at the strip club? I picked up a sex worker as soon as I started German SA - everything seemed normal to me. I have yet to go to Pig Pen.

Edited by Gunnalingus