Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,589 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
daydreams1993

Jurassic World Fallen kingdom

daydreams1993

surprised this topic has not been made yet to be honest.

GTA-Biker

I'm definitely going to see this movie in the theater when it gets released.

Btw,does anyone know what is that theropod at 1:51?Kinda looks like an Allosaurus (because of the "horns" above the eyes),but I'm not sure.

Star-Lord

Btw,does anyone know what is that theropod at 1:51?Kinda looks like an Allosaurus (because of the "horns" above the eyes),but I'm not sure.

Looks like a cross between a Allosaurus and Ceretopsidae.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceratopsidae

Oh yeah, movie trailer looks good and entertaining.

Edited by Star-Lord

Jason

Weird trailer, looks like one particular scene cut up with a few quick cuts from other parts of the film. Looks good tho'.

Queen

It's a Carnotaurus. I think it was supposed to be in one of the other Jurassic movies but it never happened. Actually, it was in the books, I think. So it's a long time coming. Apparently they had camo capability in the novels, and in the video games it'd actually disappear and reappear making it an excellent boss battle. Pretty cool actually.

Edit:

Found a video w/ info if you're interested. Not sure how reliable the source is though.

Edited by Queen

goldenchiron

It's a Carnotaurus. I think it was supposed to be in one of the other Jurassic movies but it never happened. Actually, it was in the books, I think. So it's a long time coming. Apparently they had camo capability in the novels, and in the video games it'd actually disappear and reappear making it an excellent boss battle. Pretty cool actually.

Edit:

Found a video w/ info if you're interested. Not sure how reliable the source is though.

Yes, in the books indeed there is a carnotaurus with camo abilities...i never heard myself that that was a scene or a scene based on the in book scene to be planned in one of the movies ever, but has to me always been quite obvious from were certain things of the indominus rex inspiration came from.

Bit of topic talking about that, but somewhat related since the person that is directing this movie read the books too, ideas like the indominus rex being able to camouflage or even the hybrid dino idea itself is honestly thus not a far fetched idea at all.

Mentioning this just kinda as a warning for those who expect a movie that looks more like the original JP....with much more of that magical feeling....if he is basing this movie even more on the books with the undertones, expect that dream to be shattered by some really dark stuff.

Piggsy pls

A Baryonyx? Take my money.

GTA-Biker

Edit:

The carnotaurus is the one that gets killed by a t-rex,but I can't tell what is that theropod at 1:51 that runs alongside the gyrosphere and then gets hit by a big rock.

Queen

I think it's a Baryonyx. Piggys mentioned it earlier.

Laker23

I was a lot more invested in the teasers they were releasing throughout the week, this trailer left me a little deflated. Still pumped to see it, however.

Star-Lord

I'm sure it'll do great at the box office. I can't say I ever seen a bad JP movie, and as long as they keep bringing back Jeff Goldblum I'm sold. Chris is always fun to watch too!

Edited by Star-Lord

thatstupidbug

it is weird that it seems like a bad fanfic for now?

Is this The Guy?

Dinosaurs, Chris Pratt, and volcanos I will definitely be watching this

But..... Did they just kill Chris Pratt in the trailer?

Queen

Where did you see that?

Is this The Guy?

Of course I doubt that he actually dies, it is Chris Pratt after all, but At the very end when he gets swallowed up by volcanic ash, Isn't that supposed to be extremely hot?

Queen

Yeah, I guess so. But it's Hollywood. We've seen plenty of people survive things they couldn't possibly survive in real life. I wouldn't be concerned. :p

Edited by Queen

Is this The Guy?

True true true

GTA-Biker

New trailer

HeavyDuke

New trailer

One, two, pedo Raptor is coming for you.
Three, four, you're his little whore
Five, six, he's got a candy stick.
Seven, eight, Gonna have to mate.
Nine, ten, Every day again....

RARusk

Laker23

I probably preferred it to the first JW, although my opinion may be skewed having only just seen it. It was a lot more fun than the first, with not much down time between scenes.

I had two major gripes with it that I won't go into it for spoiler reasons, but overall it was a fun movie.

juanitahernandez

I didn't find it exceptionally well but it was not bad either. It is fun watching for one time.

Jonesizzle

if you love dinosaurs running amok, then you'll love the movie. I wasn't a big fan of some of the plot points, but hey it's jurassic park/world movie so I'm sold and in love when they announce production of the movie. 

GTA3Rockstar

Saw it today

Pretty good, better than the last one.

Spoiler

Definitely another one on the way.

GTA-Biker

I watched it yesterday,and I liked it a lot.It had some funny moments (Stiggy the Stygimoloch, many scenes with Chris Pratt were funny too), some sad moments (the destruction of Isla Nublar), and some scary moments (the scene with Rexy and the Mosasaurus at the start, and pretty much any scene with Indoraptor).I won't spoil anything,but I do recommend it.

Queen
Posted (edited)

I liked the film so much I went back to see it a second time, and I'll more than likely see it a third time with my dad. Here's how I rank the Jurassic movies:

1. Jurassic Park

2. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

3. The Lost World: Jurassic Park

4. Jurassic World

5. Jurassic Park III

Yep, this film is easily my favorite Jurassic sequel. It's the first film to actually propel the series forward, rather than recycle the same format of being chased by dinosaurs on a remote island. New ideas were interjected, and finally the discussion at this table is finally being realized on the big screen.

Now for the spoilers!

Spoiler

Ian Malcolm warned that the InGen scientists were so busy creating dinosaurs that they never thought about the repercussions. In this new movie, we're seeing how their inventiveness is beginning to "rape the natural world." Not only do we have the first weaponized dinosaur (second if you include the Indominus Rex), but we have dinosaurs being let loose into the world, with many other people having access to a vast range of dino DNA. And we're now learning that humans can be cloned too. The ethical debate had in the first movie is finally being realized. I for one can't be more excited. It's about time we got off Isla Nublar.

Of course, I have my reservations about the film. While I absolutely love the opening sequence, it doesn't make sense. In the first film, we clearly see that the Mosasaurus lagoon is enclosed by land. 

Image result for jurassic world lagoon

However, in the film, it suggests that the lagoon has direct access to the ocean. To me, it's lazy writing. But I will admit it's the best opening sequence of any of the movies, and I'm glad it's part of the film. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps there are tunnels that lead into the lagoon from the ocean, maybe underwater caves, even. But that's one big fish. It's hard to imagine the park creators would leave anything like that to chance.

I'm also critical of the blood transfusion scene. I'm not a doctor, but how are the T-Rex and Raptor the same blood type? I hate it when movies assume the audience is dumb. Tsk tsk, Hollywood.

One final mention. The movie has been criticized for not mentioning Isla Sorna (the island that TLW and JP3 take place on). However, that is false. It is mentioned in the film a couple of times, though very, very briefly (blink and you'll miss it). It's not explained in the movie at all that the dinosaurs on Isla Sorna were taken off the island in the late 90s during the development of Jurassic World. Many people, including Chris Stuckman, have asked why they don't use Isla Sorna as a sanctuary island. I think that's a fair criticism, but let's not forget they probably want to keep the evacuation off the radar for both the animals' protection and their protection. The evacuation breaks laws, and if anyone were to know where the animals are, we're just going to have a repeat of the incident in the opening sequence of The Lost World with that little girl and her family. Also, there's no lagoon big enough for the Mosasaurus on Isla Sorna, and the sanctuary island we saw on that table had an enclosed area big enough.

But honestly, I love this movie. The animatronics are breathtaking. It really helps to make the movie feel more real. It was one of the areas Jurassic World was weak in. In all of that movie, only one animatronic was used. With Fallen Kingdom, you've got a wealth of great animatronic scenes. Here's hoping we'll get more of that in the future.

Edited by Queen

GTA3Rockstar

Yep. Animatronics/puppets is what made Jurassic Park(2, 3) so great. JW wasn't too bad but with just CGI, it didn't have the same feel.

JWFK was great!

Took my nieces, one obviously didn't want to see it because of dinos or something but that changed after she saw it lol

Spoiler

Everyone was like, I'm not crying! when the brontosaurus was left on the island

darthYENIK

Thought it was mediocre.  Just couldn’t get into it.  The characters felt really shallow, the action and plot was predictable, and it just felt like nothing was accomplished by the heroes except making sure the bad guys don’t get rich.