4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Nasty Noodles

RCV Appreciation & Discussion

IceDree

Can the RCV ram cars all day long like the Armored Boxville? Or does it start smoking after a while like the P.Wedge?

No. Don't buy this brick.

That bad, aye?

Mattoropael

Can the RCV ram cars all day long like the Armored Boxville? Or does it start smoking after a while like the P.Wedge?

You can ram all day long. Just don't expect to actually ram anything out of your way, and expect more of an oversized Panto in terms of ramming power.

IceDree

You can ram all day long. Just don't expect to actually ram anything out of your way, and expect more of an oversized Panto in terms of ramming power.

I see. Thanks!

Foreverpast
On 2/10/2018 at 9:00 AM, IceDree said:

On 2/10/2018 at 8:55 AM, Mattoropael said:

On 2/10/2018 at 12:40 AM, IceDree said:

Completely inaccurate responses, it's ramming ability is on par with an Insurgent.

It's just bigger, more stable & has no chance to actually drive over a vehicle...at the cost of only having basic LSC armor against explosions.

It will kill any civilians you ram at even moderate speeds, just like the Insugent....including truck driving NPCs.

You won't be sending cars comically flying 100 feet in the air nor plowing through 50 cars without losing speed.....which the Armored Boxville actually can.

However you can clear through a group of super cars in your path with no issues, or simply use your siren & cars will change lanes for you.

It's not a super armored weaponized op vehicle, so the disappointment from that easily makes players underrate it's performance.

I've used it as my primary regular pv for the past few weeks just to have something different, I know this thing inside & out now when it comes to it's stats.

Edited by Foreverpast

IceDree

Completely inaccurate responses, it's ramming ability is on par with an Insurgent.

It's just bigger, more stable & has no chance to actually drive over a vehicle...at the cost of only having basic LSC armor against explosions.

It will kill any civilians you ram at even moderate speeds, just like the Insugent....including truck driving NPCs.

You won't be sending cars comically flying 100 feet in the air nor plowing through 50 cars without losing speed.....which the Armored Boxville actually can.

However you can clear through a group of super cars in your path with no issues, or simply use your siren & cars will change lanes for you.

It's not a super armored weaponized op vehicle, so the disappointment from that easily makes players underrate it's performance.

I've used it as my primary regular pv for the past few weeks just to have something different, I know this thing inside & out now when it comes to it's stats.

Ohhh I see. So the RCV is basically a Revolter on steroids & sirens, right?

Yep, exactly like the Brickade before it. some people never learn.

Thanks, F! I appreciate your detailed reply.

Fireboy769

There are 2 kinds of people in this world

People who don't have a RCV because it isn't a blatantly OP vehicle like the Deluxo and think it's a waste of 2 million bucks.

And the people like me who go "BEST F*CKING 2 MILLION I HAVE EVER SPENT IN MAH LIFE, SON!" because this thing may not a OP Weaponized Tonka Tough Truck, but it sure is fun to drive around ramming everything out of your way with what's basically a giant Battering Ram with Police Sirens

Also there's the nice touch of us finally able to own a Police Vehicle. MOVE OUTTA THE WAY! OFFICIAL GOVERMENT EMERGENCY! I'M COMMANDEERIMG YOUR VEHICLE FOR 'GOVERNMENT USE'

Fun fact: This truck also somewhat counters Police Cars, as ramming them is about 10x as better than ramming a normal car. Seriously, it's possible to send them flying.

Foreverpast

There are 2 kinds of people in this world

People who don't have a RCV because it isn't a blatantly OP vehicle like the Deluxo and think it's a waste of 2 million bucks.

And the people like me who go "BEST F*CKING 2 MILLION I HAVE EVER SPENT IN MAH LIFE, SON!" because this thing may not a OP Weaponized Tonka Tough Truck, but it sure is fun to drive around ramming everything out of your way with what's basically a giant Battering Ram with Police Sirens

Also there's the nice touch of us finally able to own a Police Vehicle. MOVE OUTTA THE WAY! OFFICIAL GOVERMENT EMERGENCY! I'M COMMANDEERIMG YOUR VEHICLE FOR 'GOVERNMENT USE'

Fun fact: This truck also somewhat counters Police Cars, as ramming them is about 10x as better than ramming a normal car. Seriously, it's possible to send them flying.

Yup this, exactly.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's fun as f*ck for people like us.

& for those questioning whether still to buy it or not, this is the week to do so: discounts active for it.

Over a one million off on the full price & around $800K off the trade price.

Personally I think the current lowered/discount prices are what it's standard prices should've been though.

Edited by Foreverpast

Bobfakkel

Well I allways saw it as a great investment for the Roleplayer. For me it was just a glorified firetruck tbh.

Now with 35% off ill buy it, not because I like it but because I see it as a 2 million dollar Facility styling upgrade.

d3mentu

My new Fire Truck.

cF95Syh.jpg

bjyODcL.jpg

PiippuLaku

I regret buying this thing, but it does look cool. Did something I'd consider to be awesome in a resupply mission at Fort Zancudo

PS_Messages_20180217_194031.jpg

PS_Messages_20180217_204033.jpg

Cutter De Blanc

This is something I'm on the fence about buying. Didn't like it in the mission. Didn't hate it in the mission either. It just kinda was a big truck, and then they send heavy ass Nightsharks after you that the RCV can't ram out of the way, so it's not really the best method to showcase the truck.

On the other hand the blank spot in my Facility bugs me

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Mazawattee

The ramming power on this thing is great. Imagine the Armored Boxville, but the plow is flat, and it isn't as top-heavy and much less likely to tip over. Something to keep in mind though is that it doesn't accelerate as quickly.

Edited by Chrome Toyota Prius

Bobfakkel

The ramming power on this thing is great. Imagine the Armored Boxville, but the plow is flat, and it isn't as top-heavy and much less likely to tip over. Something to keep in mind though is that it doesn't accelerate as quickly.

I found it to be mediocre tbh, but then again ive spent to much time driving around Phantom Wedges and Chernobogs.

Foreverpast

It's become my usual vehicle when in Missions or Heists, just because it's fun & different.

It's no super armored or missile totting PvP vehicle, but I don't bother with public free roam crap these days anyway.

Water cannon has proved useful in putting out fires on the Titan & other objective based vehicles in missions...you know when some Deluxo douche teammate gets reckless & damages it.

It's on discount again right now, so if anyone is interested in buying it-

#1: Looks good with Patriot Tire Smoke. 

Especially when you easily have all 4 rear tires spinning differently; getting red, white & blue at mixed intervals.

2.gif

#2: Those saying it has the ramming power of an oversized Panto is inaccurate.

Think of it like the Brickade when it comes to it's power, but can be upgraded on speed, damage resistance, liveries, & paint.

3.gif

*I will say my one real negative aspect of it is that it only has one siren format, the standard police car version.

Wishing it could be modified with options, such as the NOOSE SUV siren, Fire Truck siren, & Ambulance siren.

Edited by Foreverpast

Gridl0k

Other than the sh*tty explosive resistance my one gripe is it don't fit in the back of the Avenger :/

Foreverpast
7 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

Other than the sh*tty explosive resistance my one gripe is it don't fit in the back of the Avenger :/

True that, however it wasn't unexpected given none of the exclusively facility stored vehicles can enter the Avenger.

FuturePastNow

The non-upgraded RCV in the setup mission is painful to drive so I don't blame anyone for getting a bad impression of it.

I like mine. It's the only vehicle I'm allowed to own with an emergency siren. The water cannons are fun. Once you get it up to speed, it'll shove cars out of the way just fine. It can do handbrake turns pretty well at speed, too. It handles like a Phantom semi (like a stolen one, not the MOC cab Phantom Custom). If you think of a Brickade that's a bit slower on-road and less capable off-road, but has a siren and shoots water, you're not far off.

My main complaint is the lack of armor, for as big as it is and as armored as it looks, this thing really should be able to take an RPG or three.

Edited by FuturePastNow

JetSin

^The lack of armor is my only gripe with it. This thing cost me over 2 mil (on sale), and has no offensive capabilities whatsoever aside from the water cannon(s), at the very least, it should have some defensive capabilities. The windows aren't even bullet resistant for chrissake. As fun as it is, it isn't even worth 500K, let alone 2 mil+.

I hope Rockstar addresses this, but I highly doubt it'll change.

Seriously though...How the f*ck does it make sense to give this heavy, slow, seemingly armored vehicle, armed with f*cking water cannons, virtually no defense whatsoever?

Gridl0k

I really really hate the way Rockstar completely forgot about BP glass after a few cars.

LunaticPandora
21 hours ago, JetSin said:

^The lack of armor is my only gripe with it. This thing cost me over 2 mil (on sale), and has no offensive capabilities whatsoever aside from the water cannon(s), at the very least, it should have some defensive capabilities. The windows aren't even bullet resistant for chrissake. As fun as it is, it isn't even worth 500K, let alone 2 mil+.

I hope Rockstar addresses this, but I highly doubt it'll change.

Seriously though...How the f*ck does it make sense to give this heavy, slow, seemingly armored vehicle, armed with f*cking water cannons, virtually no defense whatsoever?

Well I mean, it is a RIOT van, it's not meant for dealing with much other than chumps who have no offensive capabilities to begin with, its not supposed to go into a battlefield. Which makes me wonder - why would they add a vehicle like this to a game like GTA? What are you supposed to do with it outside of its setup? What use is it to anyone? Why would R* sell something like this to us instead of the emergency services vehicles people actually want?

Foreverpast
3 hours ago, LunaticPandora said:

Well I mean, it is a RIOT van, it's not meant for dealing with much other than chumps who have no offensive capabilities to begin with, its not supposed to go into a battlefield. Which makes me wonder - why would they add a vehicle like this to a game like GTA? What are you supposed to do with it outside of its setup? What use is it to anyone? Why would R* sell something like this to us instead of the emergency services vehicles people actually want?

It's a Riot van that can take out an armored jet (which takes several rockets to destroy) & survive unscathed, so it doesn't make much sense in alot of regards.

2.gif

It's still fun regardless, I just wish it's damage resistance made more sense.

I plowed over 5-6 npc motorcycles yesterday, causing them to explode under the RCV....& took no form of damage to the vehicle.

Smacked into a propane tank later, instant death & loss of RCV.

Edited by Foreverpast

Gridl0k

Someone turn this into a dupe glitch and make me TEH FOUNDER

ps here is my riot wagon.

Edited by Gridl0k

Voodoo-Hendrix

This thing definitively should be buffed, only R* would make an armored vehicle weak as hell (Armored Boxville, anyone?)

I mean, even in the official page of the INKAS Riot Control Vehicle (the vehicle the RCV is based on) the manufacturer claims that it can withstand up to two DM51 hand grenades.

https://inkasarmored.com/armored-riot-control-vehicle/

Hell, the Police Riot has virtually bulletproof side windows and can withstand up to 18 Sticky Bombs before blowing up, which is kinda overkill but explosive resistance in this game is all over the place anyway.

Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix
stuff

White Shark

As this was on offer last week, I relented and bought one.  To be honest, I'm glad I did, cos it is kinda fun to mess about in.  As it is a red rag to the griefer bulls in Free Roam, I always go passive in it and found a fun way to play.

Whilst in passive, I find griefers on the map and follow them about, with sirens on (just for the lolz).  Then, I do a mixture of things.  I dial 911 for the police (backup) just to keep a constant stream of cops in the area who don't take to kindly to a griefer firing wildly into the air.  I shove cars about in the hopes they'll hit the griefer on the run.  Best thing is when they step out of their PV or call it in, as whilst they're not in it, I can shove it about.  I rolled some guy's Deluxo onto its roof just as he called it in rendering it useless.  He was forced to destroy his own Deluxo and incur the cost.  Another great tactic to use against jet griefers (before they call it in) is to hang around the beach and as soon as you see it spawn, ram into it, destroy it, shove it into the ocean etc.  

So yeah, I have lots of fun with it, simply in passive mode.  I am disappointed it's not stronger and more useful, but I still enjoy it.  I have a few ways to improve it. This is just for chit-chat as I know R* will never update it, but here goes:

1. Windows should be bullet-proof.

2. Should take at least 2x rockets to destroy.

3. Front plough should have the power of the Phantom Wedge.

4. Rear or front Riot Hose should be up-gradable to Tear Gas Launcher (5 active gas canisters at a time).

5. Driver and front passenger should still be able to switch to personal weapons to fire from RCV.

I think these would be good upgrades.  Hell, even one of these would make it better.  Other ideas could be not showing on radar when sirens are off, free body armour for driver and passengers upon entering RCV, shortcut button to call for NPC police backup, wanted level not attained when in RCV unless you deliberately attack cops specifically, basically there were a load of missed opportunities to make the RCV something special.  

But hey ho!  Still fun and different to drive! 

Edited by White Shark

RyuNova

Has it really been a year since someone posted in this topic?

Step back Mods, get your fingers off that Moderation Menu. Where else are we supposed to post and its on sale this week so its relevant.

I bought one of these yesterday. Waste of money but I literally have nothing to buy.

whywontyoulisten
23 hours ago, RyuNova said:

Has it really been a year since someone posted in this topic?

Step back Mods, get your fingers off that Moderation Menu. Where else are we supposed to post and its on sale this week so its relevant.

I bought one of these yesterday. Waste of money but I literally have nothing to buy.

It's helpful in Burn Rate, especially with a friend manning the second water cannon. f*ck all use anywhere else though, and has all the ramming power of a Panto.

RyuNova
1 minute ago, whywontyoulisten said:

It's helpful in Burn Rate, especially with a friend manning the second water cannon. f*ck all use anywhere else though, and has all the ramming power of a Panto.

Wait, what?

Are we talking about the RCV? Mine rams better than the Terrorbyte. It eats Police roadblocks for breakfast then pleasures the Chief of Polices wife.

Polynoid

I had bought it for decoration earlier, so all i had to do is to repaint it for Burn Rate. Yay, firefighter RP. With guns.

RyuNova
3 minutes ago, Polynoid said:

I had bought it for decoration earlier, so all i had to do is to repaint it for Burn Rate. Yay, firefighter RP. With guns.

Put out a man on fire, hes in pain for the rest of his life...shoot a man thats on fire and hes in pain for the rest of his life but his life is shorter.

Polynoid
2 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Put out a man on fire, hes in pain for the rest of his life...shoot a man thats on fire and hes in pain for the rest of his life but his life is shorter.

Well, i did start Burning Rate with fully modded Cerberus once.