3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Volatol Bomber: Appreciation and Discussion Thread

egomaniac247

I like the Volatol b/c it gets so much attention in Free Mode.....people are like "woah WTF is that!?" because they rarely ever see one in free mode......suddenly this huge ass plane comes out of no where.

I wish they'd buff up the # of rockets and laser/hydra bullets it could take but otherwise I'm happy with the plane.  I like free mode flying it.

TheRipperOfLagoZancudo

Literally my second time seeing this in freemode. Make sure to capture it everytime lol

Grand_Theft_Auto_V_20180605211515.jpg

Foreverpast

Does it's bomb counter still function?

I've been considering buying it again, I miss it...however I've lost the bomb counter on several of my planes including the Cuban.

EspionNoir

Volatol’s top speed should be around 223mph. A rough estimate based on the distance measurement in gta online. It travelled roughly 1000m in 10 seconds.

Gaffa

Can't believe I missed this... 

So the Volatol actually has 'buffed bombs' to an extent - and it's the only aircraft that has. This is denoted by the "EXP_TAG_BOMB_STANDARD_WIDE" - the standard explosive bombs for this aircraft should have twice the blast radius of other aircraft's standard bombs - 12m instead of 6m. 

Here's a direct comparison so you can see for yourself.

Commche
2 hours ago, Gaffa said:

Can't believe I missed this... 

So the Volatol actually has 'buffed bombs' to an extent - and it's the only aircraft that has. This is denoted by the "EXP_TAG_BOMB_STANDARD_WIDE" - the standard explosive bombs for this aircraft should have twice the blast radius of other aircraft's standard bombs - 12m instead of 6m. 

Here's a direct comparison so you can see for yourself.

That's pretty good when combined with the 100 bomb capacity. It's just a shame that it's so huge and slow; I wish it was more like the Starling where you could slow to a crawl to bomb and then quickly jet off. 

Either that or give it unlimited bombs/a lot more bombs so it can carpet bomb from high altitude without having to go back to reload every few minutes. 

White Shark

Both the Bombushka and Volatol should have infinite bombs.  It should be their specialty.  It would hardly make them overpowered considering they're such easy targets.

Pedinhuh

Actually the specialty of the Bombshuka is carrying sh*t in the back, and it can do that if you don't apply any upgrades to it that are not engine, handling and armor.

But the Volatol has no excuses for being so sh*t on its most important feature, being a bomber first and stealth airplane second...It does a very half-assed job on the first and it doesn't even do the second at all.

FuturePastNow

It's not at all meant to be a stealth airplane. The plane it is based on is not in any way stealthy.

White Shark
3 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

Actually the specialty of the Bombshuka is carrying sh*t in the back, and it can do that if you don't apply any upgrades to it that are not engine, handling and armor.

But the Volatol has no excuses for being so sh*t on its most important feature, being a bomber first and stealth airplane second...It does a very half-assed job on the first and it doesn't even do the second at all.

Even before the Arena War update which totally messed up the cargo hold of the Bombushka, it still wasn't an effective means for carrying stuff.  I don't understand why or how R* mess these sorts of features up so much.

Both the Bombushka and Volatol need serious buffing.  Double the countermeasures, infinite bombs, the ability to fire missiles, minigun in nose, auto-pilot ability etc.  Even with all this stuff, they would still be ultra vulnerable to the sheer amount of things that can bring them down quickly.  Again, I can't understand the logic to gimp these planes so horrendously, when the same people add a flying ultra fast bike which can fire ruiner missiles, has counter measures and can be called instantly at your feet using MC spawn.  

RyuNova

Piece of sh*t. How f*cking dare R* charge such an absurd price for what is essentially a paper-mache glider armed with BB guns and drops fire crackers? A methed out baboon wit a sling shot could hit this because its so huge. When stuff like the Akula, Hunter and MkII exists for less or for a lower price.

This needed explosive cannons, a stealth mode, bombs with a far larger radius, unlimited bombs and "smart bombs" which are either bombs that the Co-Pilot can guide manually or bombs that guide themselves like missiles when fire from the "Bomb Bay Cam" basically missiles that fire downward.

White Shark
Posted (edited)
On 1/6/2019 at 11:09 AM, RyuNova said:

Piece of sh*t. How f*cking dare R* charge such an absurd price for what is essentially a paper-mache glider armed with BB guns and drops fire crackers? A methed out baboon wit a sling shot could hit this because its so huge. When stuff like the Akula, Hunter and MkII exists for less or for a lower price.

This needed explosive cannons, a stealth mode, bombs with a far larger radius, unlimited bombs and "smart bombs" which are either bombs that the Co-Pilot can guide manually or bombs that guide themselves like missiles when fire from the "Bomb Bay Cam" basically missiles that fire downward.

I'm going to email a suggestion to R* for that methed up sling-shooting baboon you mentioned!  As long as it's ride-able, then game on!

Serious note, I love the smart bomb idea!  Would be ideal for these big bombers and to drop from high altitude!

Edited by White Shark

Scottiedog123

MCJtP54.jpg

QUCPcHP.jpg

rGJmj1J.jpg

LaeZXI7.jpg

Q96aQgM.jpg

EedAMjI.jpg

aG8KofM.jpg

Un6rib0.jpg

Ez2Ac7J.jpg

xsQ94vZ.jpg

Qi5DFvn.jpg

0RsjJnU.jpg

0SfXryV.jpg

u7ItEuW.jpg

gvHnMyj.jpg

V52WKG3.jpg

MB7REAH.jpg

Agent 14

Biggest waste of cash right next to the yacht.

Pedinhuh
14 hours ago, White Shark said:

I'm going to email a suggestion to R* for that methed up sling-shooting baboon you mentioned!  As long as it's ride-able, then game on!

Serious note, I love the smart bomb idea!  Would be ideal for these big bombers and to drop from high altitude!

And do you know what they will do with your suggestion? Two things:

1)Ignore it.

2) answer to it...By creating another version of the same aircraft...Or another aircraft entirely.

White Shark
2 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

And do you know what they will do with your suggestion? Two things:

1)Ignore it.

2) answer to it...By creating another version of the same aircraft...Or another aircraft entirely.

I was joking about the methed up, sling shooting baboon...

éX-Driver

Pisses me off to no end how weak the bombs are. They seem to be little 50lb anti-personel bombs, which are generally only used from lowflying strike aircraft. Because they require precision to be useful. The real Vulcan’s only non-nuclear payload was 21 1000lb bombs. I’d rather they switch the payload to that. Granted, 1000 pounders might be a bit overkill in this game because they could wipe out a city block in reality, 250lb bombs would be perfect. Pretty much destroy most armoured vehicle in 1-2 hits, and have roughly the splash damage of the orbital strike. 

Voodoo-Hendrix

How to buff the Volatol:

- Give it bombs with larger blast radius and the ability to drop up to 10 each time, just like in the Setup mission.

- Increase its armor to something reasonable, like 8 Homing Missiles to blow it up.

- Give it the Stealth Mode from the Akula.

- Not really a balance issue, but change the Russian keyboard for a latin alphabet one, lol.

There, now the Volatol it's worth it.

Xiled

Could give those big aircraft god mode and still woudnt be overpowered in any way :D

White Shark
2 hours ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

How to buff the Volatol:

- Give it bombs with larger blast radius and the ability to drop up to 10 each time, just like in the Setup mission.

- Increase its armor to something reasonable, like 8 Homing Missiles to blow it up.

- Give it the Stealth Mode from the Akula.

- Not really a balance issue, but change the Russian keyboard for a latin alphabet one, lol.

There, now the Volatol it's worth it.

Also, give it infinite bombs.  The bombs are hardly overpowered as it is.  If jets and helicopters have infinite missiles and explosive cannons, than giving infinite bombs to such massive planes like the Volatol and Bombushka won't make things any more unbalanced.  

Voodoo-Hendrix
10 minutes ago, White Shark said:

Also, give it infinite bombs.  The bombs are hardly overpowered as it is.  If jets and helicopters have infinite missiles and explosive cannons, than giving infinite bombs to such massive planes like the Volatol and Bombushka won't make things any more unbalanced.  

I'm all for having infinite bombs if those are the regular ones. If they're the ones from the Setup mission with bigger blast radius, then those should be limited in some capacity (no pun intended).

About jets and other weaponized vehicles having infinite missiles, I kind of agree, but instead of giving those limited Homing Missiles (look how that turned out for the poor Strikeforce) they should only be able to fire the ammount of missiles they physically carry before having to "reload* (think like the cooldown after firing two missiles in the Lazer, Hydra and Buzzard). This way, for example, both Oppressors would fire up to 4 missiles, the Hunter 8, the Hydra 6, the Deluxo 4, the Ruiner 2000 8, the Starling 6 and so on.

Mach1bud

Say what you want about this vehicles actual usefulness, but sh*t man, is sure as hell looks impressive. Gotta love the size of this thing.

Only ever saw one in freeroam, at the Sandy Shores airfield. 

SHOKKERZ91

I just leave that here...

And he is absolutly right here.

Happy Hunter

Needs huge bombs. Buff buff buff buff buff.

Scottiedog123
9 hours ago, Mach1bud said:

Say what you want about this vehicles actual usefulness, but sh*t man, is sure as hell looks impressive. Gotta love the size of this thing.

Only ever saw one in freeroam, at the Sandy Shores airfield. 

I like to try and fly it as low as possible over the city, almost skimming rooftops and seeing if I can get away with it... It still surprises people to see something so huge.

Some people will follow you just out of shock..

If I have got away without being blown to pieces or crashing into something then I will go passive and land so people can get a little closer look of the giant bird.

Edited by Scottiedog123

Agent 14

I would buy this thing again if it had an stealth option like the akula since this thing is slow as hell and more or less makes you missile lock practice for tryhards in their Trash 2 bike.

Happy Hunter

This plane - and bombing in general - needs something like this.

Would be 1000 times easier to bomb then, even with little bombs.