Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,727 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Voit Turyv

Stromberg Discussion Thread

Arrows to Athens

So you can't be locked on when under water in this thing?

meat_popsicle

it's the only decent looking car that can take 3 RPG's without blowing up.

Duke O' Death wants a word.

I'll agree it's the only good looking weaponized car that can survive multiple rockets.

Touge Spirit Leader

it's the only decent looking car that can take 3 RPG's without blowing up.

Duke O' Death wants a word.

I'll agree it's the only good looking weaponized car that can survive multiple rockets.

I'll concede that point. I'm a huge Mopar fan by the way so one of my 4 Duke's is a Duke Of Death but I wasn't thinking about it because of it's lack of weapons

Cutter De Blanc

Bought this car last night.

It's not particularly fun using this in the water. I like turning the wheels back on and just floating there

doomsday_device

is the stromberg usable in missions?

Souldrinker

Only reason why I bought this thing :lol: Totally worth 2,4 millions.

Edited by Souldrinker

PiippuLaku

Not a very good video, but the Deluxo seems to be powerless against an underwater Stromberg

Mogg

there's much to appreciate with this car!

doing stuff like pic related is one of them - loafing around underwater to wait out a bounty!

peS94cO.jpg

DoxerWhite

Can someone show me how does it looks like when it has the stock rims from the Ardent please ?

doomsday_device

so no one can tell me?

The First Hunter

so no one can tell me?

Contact missions? Yes

Heists? Not sure but probably not

fryday

so no one can tell me?

Contact missions? Yes

ist just sad, why they didnt make the ardent (Lotus Esprit) this vehicle. i dont get the logic behind this

Aslad

so no one can tell me?

Contact missions? Yes

ist just sad, why they didnt make the ardent (Lotus Esprit) this vehicle. i dont get the logic behind this

I don't think the Stromberg was planned until the last minute - I reckon that the backlash from the community over a non-submersible Ardent made R* reconsider. It seems to be to be a pretty rushed vehicle... no visual modifications, the animation between land and water looks cool but also has parts clipping through the body all over the place.

But as R* rarely add a new aspect to a vehicle already in the game (Ardent), they just added an entirely new one (Stromberg).

That's my theory, anyway.

The First Hunter

This or Weaponized Tampa?

hei3enberg
Posted (edited)

Depends on what you want to achieve. Tampa with full research offers more firepower and more precise firepower with that dual remote controlled MGs, however, it will explode after 1 RPG and there are no missiles, just rockets without guiding. Stromberg, however, is another story. It will survive 6 homing rockets and equipped with missiles (30) and torpedoes (60 more) from the factory, no research is required. Stromberg's MGs are not controllable and less devastating than the ones on Tampa, but they can kill, it's nothing like Ardent/ Ruiner/ Oppressor or other stock peashooters. Stromberg's missiles are with a very good tracking similar to Oppressor/ Ruiner/ Vigilante.

If you're into PvP, Stromberg may offer some new scenarios like attacking air targets from under the water or hiding from the jets underwater. If you're into PvE, Tampa will offer more precision to kill enemies without exploding the objective. Both cars are fast on the ground, but handling differs: Tampa tend to oversteer, when Stromberg likes to understeer. Stromberg is the fastest ground vehicle in the game that can survive more than 3 rockets and unless it's competitors Nightshark/ Insurgent Pick-up custom offers more attacking capabilities available to the driver. On the ground, Tampa will lose to Stromberg as soon as it's locked on even if it's face on: rockets are fast and will do a lot of tricks to get the target.

Edited by hei3enberg

The First Hunter

Depends on what you want to achieve. Tampa with full research offers more firepower and more precise firepower with that dual remote controlled MGs, however, it will explode after 1 RPG and there are no missiles, just rockets without guiding. Stromberg, however, is another story. It will survive 6 homing rockets and equipped with missiles (30) and torpedoes (60 more) from the factory, no research is required. Stromberg's MGs are not controllable and less devastating than the ones on Tampa, but they can kill, it's nothing like Ardent/ Ruiner/ Oppressor or other stock peashooters. Stromberg's missiles are with a very good tracking too similar to Oppressor/ Ruiner/ Vigilante.

If you're into PvP, Stromberg may offer some new scenarios like attacking air targets from under the water or hiding from the jets underwater. If you're into PvE, Tampa will offer more precision to kill enemies without exploding the objective. Both cars are fast on the ground, but handling differs: Tampa tend to oversteer, when Stromberg likes to understeer. Stromberg is the fastest ground vehicle in the game that can survive more than 3 rockets and unless it's competitors Nightshark/ Insurgent Pick-up custom offers more attacking capabilities available to the driver. On the ground, Tampa will lose to Stromberg as soon as it's locked on even if it's face on: rockets are fast and will do a lot of tricks to get the target.

Tampa having no explosive resistance is annoying because even NPCs use explosives these days.

Also does it get 60 torpedos alone or 60 missiles total (Normal + torpedos) while in water?

hei3enberg

^ 60 more plus rockets. Torpedoes will lock on air targets even when you're underwater, just don't get to deep. Tampa also is faster than Kuruma in terms of max speed. It's a tough choice, actually. I have all of them and mostly for missions I prefer Oppressor or Jetpack because you can get around faster and if you're playing contact missions with randoms, expect travel distance equal to half of the map and launch from garage.

Cutter De Blanc

I've owned it for a few days, I can say I don't like driving the Stromberg much at all. It feels like it sits too low when I drive it, and the wheels are way too small looking. Like I've got this big frame on top of skateboard wheels or something. The gimmick is okay, but it's literally the only vehicle with underwater weaponry, so the only thing that can reasonably fight it underwater is another Stromberg. I dunno, I just don't really like this car, even though I like the body on it.

The First Hunter

I've owned it for a few days, I can say I don't like driving the Stromberg much at all. It feels like it sits too low when I drive it, and the wheels are way too small looking. Like I've got this big frame on top of skateboard wheels or something. The gimmick is okay, but it's literally the only vehicle with underwater weaponry, so the only thing that can reasonably fight it underwater is another Stromberg. I dunno, I just don't really like this car, even though I like the body on it.

The guns aren't limited to underwater though!

This is basically a duke o death with 90 rockets total and buzzard machine guns that can swim.

taken250

This is basically a duke o death with 90 rockets total and buzzard machine guns that can swim.

The caveat being it has a short lock on range.

The First Hunter

The caveat being it has a short lock on range.Only for the torpedos.

Missiles on land are the same as Deluxo's

Cutter De Blanc

My Duke'O'Death is way funner to drive though, the wheels don't look weird on it either. I'm also not fond of the top being the primary color and the secondary being the bottom on any car, it's a boring basic color layout. Doesn't look like anyone even tried to work with it it in the pictures here, everyone using one solid color. Just a bunch of awkward design choices mar an otherwise cool car for me.

Cutter De Blanc

I did the best I could to make this car better looking

O3xHgkhJ1kWPBw0ul7CWlA_0_0.jpg

Also, you can NOT dock it at your Yacht, it actually floated really far away when I parked it there, too

I'm messing around with this thing right now, it doesn't seem to take crush depth damage if I bring the wheels back out, but then I can't move or continue to descend.

EDIT: It doesn't. I just went back into submersible mode and instantly died

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Zach Fett

Also, you can NOT dock it at your Yacht, it actually floated really far away when I parked it there, too

I'm messing around with this thing right now, it doesn't seem to take crush depth damage if I bring the wheels back out, but then I can't move or continue to descend.

EDIT: It doesn't. I just went back into submersible mode and instantly died

What colors are you using there? Really digging it.

Cutter De Blanc

Black, with a light blue pearlescent, secondary is pure gold.

Black was the best color I could find to blend that wheel well. They should've either made the wheel well smaller or made the wheels bigger

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

whywontyoulisten

Black was the best color I could find to blend that wheel well. They should've either made the wheel well smaller or made the wheels bigger

Or stopped people using off-road wheels...

Cutter De Blanc

I couldn't find wheels that looked less awkward than Raiders, and the Raiders are about a centimeter larger than the other tires. I wanted offroad tires so it could perform a little better on the beach, also.

Commander S

That reminds me of an idea I had for it: some kind of deep blue-gray (metallic slate blue?) primary, then possibly even chrome secondary, with matching chrome lead sled rims (because they're the most 'solid' rim type, with no mesh/spokes/etc.).

Probably wouldn't look great on land by regular car standards (I'd probably aim for something more traditionally LP400 for that purpose), but it might well make for an effective counter-shaded look underwater - think along the lines of blue sharks or tuna, that kind of thing.

Foreverpast

The Stromberg feels like what a Benny's Custom Retro Infernus would look like.

- It has a similar pep/feel, launch, & agility of the Infernus, however has rather superior handling & isn't prone to the crazy over-steer.

- Windows don't ever fully break, which is something that I personally love.

- The machine guns are actually decently powered, quite effective at mowing down hostile NPCs in missions & destroying vehicles.

- The missiles are nice-not amazing, but they get the job done.

- Actually has explosive resistance.

- Can be left in submersible mode out on water, then used as a platform for long range shooting with the Mk 2 Heavy Sniper, then going underwater if threatened.

- The 50/50 primary/secondary paint layout makes pretty much any color choice/combo look good on that body.

qeSfeIl3t0iXTGZzrewjsQ_0_0.jpgg6_hmM8a3EKaQsS7S7F3og_0_0.jpgtTyw8PyGrEmKFS1uRevL4A_0_0.jpg

YRt1FhcVYEuyuAeymwZ-oQ_0_0.jpg

pooprope

So I was chillin on the bottom of the water near the Chumash bunker thinking I was safe while I let my dog outside and I was sniped?

So I guess your not completely safe from people on land, I think he/she used thermal gogs and non explosive sniper.

Edited by pooprope