Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,779 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Voit Turyv

Stromberg Discussion Thread

Jimrod
Posted (edited)

Still loving it, seems able to catch up with most things despite slightly stodgy handling (actually good at weaving through traffic and planted at speed because of it). Every time I leave my garage on 331 Supply St there seems to be someone moving goods on the road going past or a bounty, which a few missiles takes care of, then the damage challenge comes on - drive to a junction and rack up a couple of mill with guns and missiles. Not had a single Deluxo come after me either. :)

Edited by Jimrod

JoonasPRKL
39842820814_8db3cc7fb0_o.jpg

BloodyCharity
Posted (edited)

Has anyone ever noticed how easily the doors are loosen on this car? This is driving me nuts,especially because when this happens you cant dive (duh) and it takes just a few hits until one of the doors comes off (mine has 100% armour upgrade btw).

Well,the car can resist some bullets,close explosions and even few rocket shots but cant stand roll overs without loosing completely a door? Very odd.

You can still dive if you lose the passenger door :D

Lol,didnt knew about that,I gotta test. At least Mors Mutual does not take you 20k in such cases,if the car is wrecked while underwater insurance is free. :lol:

Edited by BloodyCharity

WarnerKiller
Posted (edited)

I've been meaning to take the Stromberg out for a spin in a public lobby ever since I figured out it can take more than a couple of homing rockets, and last night I finally got around to it. I made an improntu alliance with a Khanjali tank in free mode, and used him as bait to draw in several Oppressors and a batmobile that the Stromberg ate for breakfast with its rockets. The armor helped too, as I took out the Vigilante by ramming it into a corner and firing a rocket at point blank range.

I've been very surprised too how easy it is to evade Oppressor rockets simply by driving the opposite way as them at full speed, and how almost no one on an Oppressor seems able to dodge the rockets coming after them in return.

I've almost forgotten that the Stromberg's gimmick is turning into a submarine at this point because I've been having so much fun with it on land.

I use the Stromberg in the same way - its water abilities are somewhat irrelevant - this is a great freemode car even without the water capabilities.

The other day a group of 4 or 5 people were in an organisation, all flying around the map in Deluxos together, blowing up every player in the session one by one. Nobody was managing to kill them, as it's pretty tricky to outgun that many Deluxos in one go.

I jumped in my Stromberg and waited, watching the map, until they split up a little bit (some were jumping in helicopters whilst others stayed in Deluxos. Then I shot out of my garage and waited under the maze bank overpass for one of them to come towards me. Sure enough, two of them came running straight over. I managed to take one straight out, before taking a few hits from another as I scarpered back to my garage.

This thing rocks at taking out Deluxo and Oppressor griefers, however it gets expensive taking out an onslaught of Oppressors at $20k a time.

Amazingly, the majority of GTA players really underestimate the Stromberg and keep coming at you in Deluxos/Oppressors thinking flying car/bike = better than swimming car.

How wrong they are.

Edited by WarnerKiller

BloodyCharity

I've been meaning to take the Stromberg out for a spin in a public lobby ever since I figured out it can take more than a couple of homing rockets, and last night I finally got around to it. I made an improntu alliance with a Khanjali tank in free mode, and used him as bait to draw in several Oppressors and a batmobile that the Stromberg ate for breakfast with its rockets. The armor helped too, as I took out the Vigilante by ramming it into a corner and firing a rocket at point blank range.

I've been very surprised too how easy it is to evade Oppressor rockets simply by driving the opposite way as them at full speed, and how almost no one on an Oppressor seems able to dodge the rockets coming after them in return.

I've almost forgotten that the Stromberg's gimmick is turning into a submarine at this point because I've been having so much fun with it on land.

I use the Stromberg in the same way - its water abilities are somewhat irrelevant - this is a great freemode car even without the water capabilities.

The other day a group of 4 or 5 people were in an organisation, all flying around the map in Deluxos together, blowing up every player in the session one by one. Nobody was managing to kill them, as it's pretty tricky to outgun that many Deluxos in one go.

I jumped in my Stromberg and waited, watching the map, until they split up a little bit (some were jumping in helicopters whilst others stayed in Deluxos. Then I shot out of my garage and waited under the maze bank overpass for one of them to come towards me. Sure enough, two of them came running straight over. I managed to take one straight out, before taking a few hits from another as I scarpered back to my garage.

This thing rocks at taking out Deluxo and Oppressor griefers, however it gets expensive taking out an onslaught of Oppressors at $20k a time.

Amazingly, the majority of GTA players really underestimate the Stromberg and keep coming at you in Deluxos/Oppressors thinking flying car/bike = better than swimming car.

How wrong they are.

Thank god is like that,I would hate to see my favourite looking car being overused by all those kids and trolls. I'm glad they doesnt care about the Stromberg and hopefull they will never do.

39842820814_8db3cc7fb0_o.jpg

Wonderful picture!! Could you please do another similar but being all stock looking all Ice White and a black license plate? Actually,two pictures,front quarter and rear quarter,I would absolutelly love to use them as wallpapers! :inlove:

BOOGIEMAN219

I was planning on buying the stromberg but I just read its explosive resistance has been nerfed, can anyone confirm if this is true?

Jimrod

I was planning on buying the stromberg but I just read its explosive resistance has been nerfed, can anyone confirm if this is true?

Seemed ok this morning when I played - it takes about 6 missiles while you're in the car and about 2 when you're out from memory, if nothing in the game files has changed this could be where someone found it lacking?

BloodyCharity
Posted (edited)

I dont think so,its my daily driver and I see no differences still. RPG blows it with one shot if no one is in,but when someone is driving it can resist 2 or 3 direct shoots and couple of close explosions. However,is still a light armor and glasses arent bulletproof so dont expect it to be Kuruma-like. The Stromberg is like a normal classic sports but with few hidden weapons and a submarine transformation,nothing special at all. Buy if you like the car,but If all you want is a OP wheeled weapon,look for something else.

Edited by BloodyCharity

AStiffBreeze

The Stromberg is like a normal classic sports but with few hidden weapons and a submarine transformation,nothing special at all. Buy if you like the car,but If all you want is a OP wheeled weapon,look for something else.

It's also the best counter to Oppressors and Deluxos, so buy it if you want to be able to take down Oppressors and Deluxos. That's assuming its explosive resistance hasn't been nerfed.

DoxerWhite

I call it "the Strong Berg" because of the forced artillery it carries. And because of this reason, i always go passive when driving it. By far my favourite english GT !

mrgstrings
Posted (edited)

People complain every time when they do not get a one hit kill on it with a Deluxo. :lol:

What someone reported as being destroyed in one hit may be due to the car being already damaged or the bug with inconsistent armor that Hunter/Avenger already had.

So far I did not notice any nerf though, survived 2 rockets from a Deluxo.

Edited by mrgstrings

HailHydra
Posted (edited)

Can anyone confirm if this is nerfed or not? If yes well thank f*ck r* for ruining one of my fav car from the update.

Edited by HailHydra

The First Hunter

Can anyone confirm if this is nerfed or not? If yes well thank f*ck r* for ruining one of my fav car from the update.

Nope, dunno who started this misinformation in the first place

BloodyCharity

Nope, dunno who started this misinformation in the first place

This is spreading more than bad news lol :lol:

CobraX

Is the Stromberg bulletproof when shot at from behind? Cause the backside reminds me a bit of the Zentorno (which I believe is bulletproof from the back).

BloodyCharity
Posted (edited)

Is the Stromberg bulletproof when shot at from behind? Cause the backside reminds me a bit of the Zentorno (which I believe is bulletproof from the back).

Yes,absolutelly,both have bulletproof rear. By the way,I think the Stromberg should be called "Pegassi Zentorno Classic",the body shape screams that!

Edited by BloodyCharity

Dacelo

But it's supposed to be an old Esprit.

mrgstrings

Even survived 3 Oppressor rockets today, so there is no nerf for sure. :whistle:

ferguson99

This vehicle is amazing, its 2nd on my list under Deluxo....... this is much more easier to explore the Ocean with.

these new DDH vehicles are the only good thing from that update, still not played the missions (don't intend to) its exciting taking these into regular R* missions.

Pininfarina

Yes,absolutelly,both have bulletproof rear. By the way,I think the Stromberg should be called "Pegassi Zentorno Classic",the body shape screams that!

It does have influences from the Lamborghini Countach, but it’s an more of an Esprit overall. “Zentorno Classic” is a terrible name too by the way, especially since the Veneno (the IRL counterpart of the Zentorno) doesn’t have any predecessors.

BloodyCharity
Posted (edited)

But it's supposed to be an old Esprit.

Yes,it looks like a Esprit too so no problems about it being an Ocelot. R* did a good job giving this car a very own identity (or a very good mix at least).

It does have influences from the Lamborghini Countach, but it’s an more of an Esprit overall. “Zentorno Classic” is a terrible name too by the way, especially since the Veneno (the IRL counterpart of the Zentorno) doesn’t have any predecessors.

You may be right. But I still think that GTA has it's very own universe,so there's not much need to follow such exactly real life rules.

A little gem I find on Youtube:

Edited by BloodyCharity

Cutter De Blanc

I killed some guy in a chopper in this thing! He fired a missile at me and I fired one back. He got me later though when I was trapped inside the airport smashing into the fences, desperately trying to get into the water.

CobraX
Posted (edited)

The Stromberg is like a normal classic sports but with few hidden weapons and a submarine transformation,nothing special at all. Buy if you like the car,but If all you want is a OP wheeled weapon,look for something else.

It's also the best counter to Oppressors and Deluxos, so buy it if you want to be able to take down Oppressors and Deluxos. That's assuming its explosive resistance hasn't been nerfed.Nah, the Ruiner 2000 + Fully Loaded is the best counter. At least if you want to go after them yourself. Otherwise the Orbital Cannon with auto-aim is the best counter.

This vehicle is amazing, its 2nd on my list under Deluxo....... this is much more easier to explore the Ocean with.

these new DDH vehicles are the only good thing from that update, still not played the missions (don't intend to) its exciting taking these into regular R* missions.

Maybe you should try the new heists, cause you can use the new vehicles there (at least in the prep missions). Edited by CobraX

Bocknoi
It does have influences from the Lamborghini Countach, but it’s an more of an Esprit overall.

While the Stromberg may be impersonating the submersible Esprit, and it does have some bits and pieces of it here and there, with some parts borrowed from the Countach, like you mentioned, I think the overall design and proportions mostly resemble the Iso Rivolta Varedo.

HjRvpcR.jpg

tkmkkqM.jpg

BloodyCharity
Posted (edited)

It does have influences from the Lamborghini Countach, but it’s an more of an Esprit overall.

While the Stromberg may be impersonating the submersible Esprit, and it does have some bits and pieces of it here and there, with some parts borrowed from the Countach, like you mentioned, I think the overall design and proportions mostly resemble the Iso Rivolta Varedo.

HjRvpcR.jpg

tkmkkqM.jpg

Omg,it is definitely this car,I can see the Stromberg in the whole thing! And it's wonderfull just like the Strom itself,very nice wedge shaped car.

Edited by BloodyCharity

MARINA
Posted (edited)

I f*ckING LOVE THE STROMBERG

i painted mine white chrome, really throws people off when you're in the water because the chrome w. white has a mirror type effect so it reflects the water and envirnoment colour quite nicely

Edited by MARINA

MaddPsychotic

Was wondering on how accurate are the strongberg rockets are? I heard from other players that they used it for nearly anything relating to tryhards.

The First Hunter

Was wondering on how accurate are the strongberg rockets are? I heard from other players that they used it for nearly anything relating to tryhards.

Accurate enough to get flying oppressors +90% of times

Cutter De Blanc

29250042_2052450754782261_66857207197298

AStiffBreeze
Posted (edited)

Super accurate, so much so that it's the best counter to the Oppressor and Deluxo. You will always win those battles head to head, to the great surprise of the griefer (in my experience). Edited by AStiffBreeze