3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

MGgames100

Akula Discussion Thread

Gaffa

Aye I seem to think that too, but what we have now is piss-poor and barely usable. 

They've still got the rear camera (right) so it kinda' eludes me why they've done that. Perhaps they changed the wrong camera and in fact it should've been the two rear passengers who always have this view instead (even though that'd defy one of 'features' of the aircraft - that rear thermal camera). 

Aghakhi
8 hours ago, Gaffa said:

Nope, it's automatically available all the time. 

The reticle is crap though, it really could do with the Valkyrie's camera. 

So regardless of stock or upgraded cannon, the aim is still that crap? I was thinking about buying the upgrade now that I have experienced the sheer awfulness that is that aim reticle.

Cutter De Blanc

f*ckin garbage, why even bother giving it a machine gun

Black-Dragon96
1 hour ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

f*ckin garbage, why even bother giving it a machine gun

Well most machine guns are actually quite good. The ones on the Akula are just underpowered.

FukNRekd

Taking it to the mat... if you can't hit 'em with missiles and the machine guns don't work, smash, smash, SMASH 'em into oblivion.

NGRklvH.gif

Bandersnatch

I am not one for PVP but been in full lobby's and flying above RolleyMcrollRoll the tryhard, is funny when you pull out of stealth there blip goes crazy looking for you . 

ntDavIbMNESfCWDCtkETZA_0_0.jpg

enNumKCukEKBCjumldw5bw_0_0.jpg

HmNeLG4-WECWnrOcr7jqcQ_0_0.jpg

Gridl0k

Nothing like stalking the passive-abusing Hunter pilot* in this, waiting for him to go after someone's supplies and waiting until I'm nearly at his tail rotor before saying hi.

*Hunter today, deluxo usually.

the J is for Julia

I finally got around to completing Act II and thought "why the hell not?" for the trade price. I decided to go with an GI Joe COBRA color scheme.

wLLkwLW.png

Edited by the J is for Julia

DeadArashi

Love my Akula but have two issues with it

1. The lack of countermeasures. I would f*ck bombs off any day for countermeasures
  2. The machine guns. They're not bad when your co-pilot uses the first person screen display so the guns work 100% of the time and not be dodgy. But that's only letting you use 2 of the 4 guns. Between missiles and guns I would say missiles come out on top... unless they were to;
    1. Let the pilot fire all 4 guns when no co-pilot is present
    2. Make the pilot only guns on the side have a limited amount of horizontal and vertical traverse for the two people sitting in the back to use (one each).

Something else that isn't nearly as concerning is that I would love to be able to remove the red 27 and star off it

just my two cents worth

ggTNbZp.jpg

4ward

I'm thinking of selling it because of that annoying wanted level bug. Every time i use it and get nutcase cops even when on foot.

whywontyoulisten
On 5/20/2018 at 10:51 AM, Gridl0k said:

Picked up a passenger the other day and it started flying like sh*t, twitching all over the shop. Weird.

It wasn't always like this: a recent update f*cked the physics of the gun turret, so when a passenger moves it around, the whole helicopter becomes unbalanced. Will probably never be fixed.

FukNRekd

4 hours ago, 4ward said:

I'm thinking of selling it because of that annoying wanted level bug. Every time i use it and get nutcase cops even when on foot.

Personally I wish everyone would sell theirs. The thing is completely OP in it's current state. Can't stand being in a lobby with one that's not mine. I'm arguably one of thee worst PvP players for my rank/experience and this heli more than evens the playing field for me. :lol:

5 hours ago, DeadArashi said:

1. The lack of countermeasures. I would f*ck bombs off any day for countermeasures
  2. The machine guns. They're not bad when your co-pilot uses the first person screen display so the guns work 100% of the time and not be dodgy.

1. You have stealth, if you're using this heli correctly you don't need countermeasures. I bomb the living sh*t out of ground targets with this thing. Easily 25% or more of my Aku-la-la kills. Without them your only viable targets are moving in a vehicle.

2. I have found a great use for the machine guns... when you're flying out of stealth and you keep locking on to targets when you don't want to lock on to anything, you can switch to the machine guns and don't have to listen to that incessant chirping.

Edited by FukNRekd

DeadArashi
5 hours ago, FukNRekd said:

1. You have stealth, if you're using this heli correctly you don't need countermeasures. I bomb the living sh*t out of ground targets with this thing. Easily 25% or more of my Aku-la-la kills. Without them your only viable targets are moving in a vehicle.

2. I have found a great use for the machine guns... when you're flying out of stealth and you keep locking on to targets when you don't want to lock on to anything, you can switch to the machine guns and don't have to listen to that incessant chirping.

1. Stealth doesn't exactly protect you from people visually spotting you or locking on and shooting at you with homing rockets though. But if it was an option, you could choose either bombs or countermeasures, not both. I personally would take countermeasures, you would take bombs. It all comes down to personal preference so neither option is wrong

2. As funny and true as that is, it doesn't really make the guns useful in combat. If I'm flying from point A to B then chances are I'm going to be in stealth. I only ever pop out of stealth to fire rockets then instantly drop back into stealth. Again, it's personal preference on how to engage the various features

Voodoo-Hendrix

IMO, this is how the Akula should have been implemented:

- Being able to upgrade the Buzzard level Machine Guns into a set of two pairs of Homing Missiles, keeping the Stealth Mode.

- Upgrading it with a set of wings and either Barrage Rockets or Homing Missiles and being able to equip countermeasures, but losing Stealth Mode as a result.

The RAH-66 Comanche, the main inspiration for the Akula, was mainly developed as an stealth reconnaissance and attack helicopter. It could be equipped with a pair of stub wings to be able to have more firepower but at the cost of its stealth factor, the Akula should reflect this.

rah-66--mission-image17.jpg

Mattoropael
3 hours ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

IMO, this is how the Akula should have been implemented:

- Being able to upgrade the Buzzard level Machine Guns into a set of two pairs of Homing Missiles, keeping the Stealth Mode.

- Upgrading it with a set of wings and either Barrage Rockets or Homing Missiles and being able to equip countermeasures, but losing Stealth Mode as a result.

The RAH-66 Comanche, the main inspiration for the Akula, was mainly developed as an stealth reconnaissance and attack helicopter. It could be equipped with a pair of stub wings to be able to have more firepower but at the cost of its stealth factor, the Akula should reflect this.

[Image]

Except it's more inspired by the fictional Ka-58, which is never seen without the stub wings.

And why would anyone even bother with the second option you suggested? You just get an objectively-worse Hunter.

HvdTNqO.jpg

Bloodytears1666
10 hours ago, DeadArashi said:

1. Stealth doesn't exactly protect you from people visually spotting you or locking on and shooting at you with homing rockets though. But if it was an option, you could choose either bombs or countermeasures, not both. I personally would take countermeasures, you would take bombs. It all comes down to personal preference so neither option is wrong

From my experience with Hunter, I'm glad Akula doesn't have any countermeasures. Because unlike Hunter it doesn't draw rockets, which doing 180 turn to a tail if you don't use countermeasures. In Akula, like in Savage or Lazer, you can safely dodge rockets and don't care about them.

I guess here is Rockstar style - adding countermeasures and making them worth by sticking rockets, adding stealth mode and making them worth by sticking cops whatever you do.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

Der Süden

What bombs are best to kill players on foot? I heard cluster bombs don't do much damage, but maybe enough to kill any player on foot (except for juggernaut maybe)?

Fatsanchez

^I think cluster bombs are not good because of their smaller radius. I would go for the regular ones. But there are people around here more experienced in that than me that can help you further.

Dr.Rosenthal
On 6/21/2018 at 1:07 PM, Remapped said:

I am not one for PVP but been in full lobby's and flying above RolleyMcrollRoll the tryhard, is funny when you pull out of stealth there blip goes crazy looking for you . 

Lol, so much this :) I love dropping bombs on tryhards, like steaming turds planted on top of their heads. It's always beautiful.

Did just that the other day. The problem of course is, once he realized I was going to keep dropping bombs on him wherever he respawned, he started blowing himself up, so in the end it was hard for me to get to him. So I just cloaked and flew off somewhere else.. and he didn't stop blowing himself up!! Lol he continued doing so even though I was halfway across the map from him hahahaha

Bloodytears1666
On 7/7/2018 at 2:30 AM, Der Norden said:

What bombs are best to kill players on foot? I heard cluster bombs don't do much damage, but maybe enough to kill any player on foot (except for juggernaut maybe)?

Explosive standard. One hit, one kill. Cluster bombs 90% do no damage. Others, like incendiary or gas require some time to elimination and not so good against vehicles.

FukNRekd

Cluster bombs are worthless. Gas bombs if you are sourcing vehicles. Standard bombs for killing footies.

Happy Hunter
On 7/7/2018 at 12:30 AM, Der Norden said:

Cluster bombs are horrific. Terrible blast. Apparently they do a decent amount of damage if you get a direct hit, but I find they often do nothing.

Standard are best for PvP I'd say.

RyuNova

*cough*

I bought an Akula...its even worse than the Deluxo for being an I-WIN button. At least with the Oppressor and Deluxo you have a blip and thus a warning. Why is the Oppressor and Deluxo scoffed at and called a Griefers vehicle when the Akula is the perfect one? The point of being a griefer is to wind people up for as little work as possible, when its possible to destroy someone and then vanish for the rest of the game you have succeeded twice because you deny them the revenge. At least with the Oppressor and Deluxo they can find you and attempt revenge.

The Oppressor and Deluxo is like taking a .50 Rifle Hunting. Something IS going to die but you will scare everything else and put it on high alert. The Akula is like having a silenced Sniper Rifle, an Invisibility Cloak and the ability to float. Things are gonna die and no-one will see it coming.

Edited by RyuNova

Bloodytears1666

If only Akula had Ruiner's missiles, than it would be full auto Sniper Rifle. Currently it's like semi-auto GTA Sniper Rifle, have suppressor, but damage efficiency outdated, and this reload downtime.

Der Süden

Thanks. I must say it's not easy to keep it steady in the air when you want to bomb someone. I had race handling and it was a pain. Now I switched back to the default option and it's better, but still moves too much. Something else I noticed is that players see me in the sky more often than I expected (while I'm in stealth mode). Stalking Deluxos and then striking is fun but being good with the Akula is harder than I thought it would be (looked easier in the videos lol).

Voodoo-Hendrix
4 hours ago, RyuNova said:

*cough*

I bought an Akula...its even worse than the Deluxo for being an I-WIN button. At least with the Oppressor and Deluxo you have a blip and thus a warning. Why is the Oppressor and Deluxo scoffed at and called a Griefers vehicle when the Akula is the perfect one? The point of being a griefer is to wind people up for as little work as possible, when its possible to destroy someone and then vanish for the rest of the game you have succeeded twice because you deny them the revenge. At least with the Oppressor and Deluxo they can find you and attempt revenge.

The Oppressor and Deluxo is like taking a .50 Rifle Hunting. Something IS going to die but you will scare everything else and put it on high alert. The Akula is like having a silenced Sniper Rifle, an Invisibility Cloak and the ability to float. Things are gonna die and no-one will see it coming.

I think it's because unlike the Deluxo and Oppressor, the Akula does take some skill to use. I mean, if you're reckless with it and you give away your position, you're pretty much toast against Homing Launchers, Explosive Rounds and most weaponized vehicles with Homing Missiles.

Also, unlike the Oppresor and Deluxo, you can't call an Akula to your feet. Most griefers want the easiest and laziest way to cause trouble, hence why the Akula is not the first choice for them.

In all the time I've been playing, I have been attacked by Akulas twice while in my Hunter, the first one I died (it was quite terrifying to be honest) and the second one was an stalemate (I managed to kill him but my Hunter stopped working). Now Oppressors and Deluxos? Those are by the dozen every time.

Mattoropael
On 7/7/2018 at 7:30 AM, Der Norden said:

They do deal more explosive damage due to creating multiple explosions, but that is completely irrelevant against foot targets, and thus it has nothing special other than its super-bad blast radius.

Even against explosive-resistant vehicles (the only case where the extra damage actually matters), I still can't recommend it since it's already hard to hit moving vehicles with normal bombs to begin with. The extra damage only really shows in controlled test environments.

Happy Hunter
6 hours ago, Mattoropael said:

They do deal more explosive damage due to creating multiple explosions, but that is completely irrelevant against foot targets, and thus it has nothing special other than its super-bad blast radius.

Even against explosive-resistant vehicles (the only case where the extra damage actually matters), I still can't recommend it since it's already hard to hit moving vehicles with normal bombs to begin with. The extra damage only really shows in controlled test environments.

I saw a clip on Xbox where a cluster bomb landed on a cargo crate van, directly. Didn't seem to phase it, and the car right next to it was unharmed too. Really does feel like half the time they don't even work.

Bloodytears1666

Telling stories about cluster bombs, I know one when I decided to back to normal bombs. When have cruised with a friend in traffic car some guy carpeted us right at the moment when I left the car from passenger seat, that's resulted that all 5 bombs fall straight to my head and car's roof. Nothing happened, not only car left untouched, notice it was not insured ordinary vehicle, I had no damage at all. From the FP view it was all looked like orbital strike, but without harm.

Foppezão

Is the armour nerfed? Also with the Hunter? I' am getting too many one hit deaths with these two lately..

Edited by Foppezão