1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

MGgames100

Akula Discussion Thread

IceDree

Moulinex'o'death :D

I'm sooooooo stealing this!

Scuba 21

Should I bother adding bombs or just stick to missiles?

If bombs is the consensus still explosive?

CrysisAverted

so whats up with the hunter being allowed in races but the akula isn't? was R* afraid the chopper would vanish on the minimap in a race?

IamCourtney

Oh wow... I'm in love!!! I'm glad I held off on the Hunter... this beaut suits my style so much better. The ability to play mind games with combinations of movement, cover and stealth is so incredibly satisfying. More than enough to compensate for the limited weaponry and lack of countermeasures compared to the Hunter. It can still take a respectable amount of punishment.

And so nimble! I wasn't expecting it to be so responsive based on its size but the Akula's handling is superb. Combat maneuvering is a breeze.

Not a Hunter-obsoleter by any means but an entirely different approach to Helisexuality and hands-down my favourite new vehicle in the Doomsday update.

Edited by IamCourtney

Skeve613

I ended up reusing the same color and camo scheme I used on my Savage, I feel it works well with the Russian markings

l2xxsp3.png

Foreverpast

Today I joined my girlfriend in a few Contact Missions, she used her's often & I stupidly wondered where she went quite a few times.

I've gotta admit it's kinda funny the stealth feature/off radar ability works even in co-op game modes, which while pointless it's interesting.

Edited by Foreverpast

Fatsanchez

MeisterJazz

Does this thing cover you in stealth while doing crate collections? Also how strong are the guns?

dino722

I love it to much.

Its the ONLY purchase iv done so far and I think it will stay like that. I say thanks to rockstar to not have made a dick move on only storing the chopper at the new facility...

I really really think its the best toy from this dlc, anyone with me?

Stupidis

Really nice heli well worth the money. It also feels like a good complement to the Buzzard and the Hunter.

ZkKQ7ApBwEWwyjAlpjFE_w_0_0.jpg

The paint job (if I remember correctly) Carbon black metallic with a midnight purple pearlescent.

HectorMendoza

Nice alternative to the Savage for doing Headhunter with an added bonus: You can reduce your wanted level from 3 stars to 2 stars by activating stealth mode.

Snipe_McHeadshot

I came out of my Facility, tried to gain altitude and our Rockstar Overlords said, "NO, THOU SHALT NOT PASS"

DRAKFI-X4AYPKhJ.jpg

secrecy274

Great, just great. The Akula sounds good, and I want it, but then I also want the Avenger and the Hunter, both of which go for above 3mil. I have a long grind ahead of me...

Shabazz916

Is it faster then the buzzard ??

Fatsanchez

Does this thing cover you in stealth while doing crate collections? Also how strong are the guns?

I dont know about the crates because I dont even have a Warehouse, Im not familiar with it. But the guns does good damage, I managed to destroy a Deluxo with them, but the rate of fire is slower than the Buzzards for example, I find kinda hard to hit stuff.

LordLoff

I dont know about the crates because I dont even have a Warehouse, Im not familiar with it. But the guns does good damage, I managed to destroy a Deluxo with them, but the rate of fire is slower than the Buzzards for example, I find kinda hard to hit stuff.

Ti be honest I would not spend 300K on the dual gun upgrade cause is a load of cash and won't bring you anywhere, quite a disappointment, you can always do that later ad at the beginning leave only the solo machine-gun

Unless you are an expert on using flight for machine-gun aim fighting

Maybe it is a 5% slower, nothing noticeable at all and I use the Buzzard A LOT, the Akula is quite fast ad if you keep going on straightforward flight it will slightly climb just little by little, like the Hunter, witch I like cause is better to go a bit higher than a bit lower when at full cruise speed ahead across the map

The Akula is definitely on he top 4 or 5 fastest choppers, a really speedy one, no problems on that side

It has a better ascending rate than the Buzzard, the Akula puts you above the clouds before you even noticing your going there

Edited by LordLoff

SHADOW OPS

I caught a guy hiding above the clouds in a deluxo.

Hovered all the way up there and came out of stealth and boom.

Snipe_McHeadshot

I do not have an official answer, all I know is that despite what the guy 2 posts before me said, me and a buddy both started towards an objective at the same moment, him in my Akula and me in CEO Buzzard, and he got there a lot faster. I noticed him taking a lead pretty fast.

LordLoff

I do not have an official answer, all I know is that despite what the guy 2 posts before me said, me and a buddy both started towards an objective at the same moment, him in my Akula and me in CEO Buzzard, and he got there a lot faster. I noticed him taking a lead pretty fast.

Yes, maybe s even faster, it was just my impression but nothing like having both and Im certain tests will rain down on youtube, if not there already

Gaffa

I can't see how this is slower than the Hunter, and that's faster than the Buzzard if we're talking straight line speed. The flight data for both aircraft is the same apart from the fact the Akula has a more powerful rudder.

Remember, the highest engine upgrade won't offer the fastest top speed for helicopters.

secrecy274

Console or PC?

Gridl0k

Remember, the highest engine upgrade won't offer the fastest top speed for helicopters.

Wait, what?

You mean too much power and it just goes into climb rather than speed?

Smooth Longsack

This is faster than the buzzard. With 100% engine upgrade you need to hold the throttle around the middle position to fly in a straight line and not gain altitude. Ricky Bobby likes this heli.

Gridl0k

I christened it "buzzard 2" pretty quickly, because of the guns + homing but also because I'm going to be living in this thing.

Happy Hunter

Felt faster than the Buzzard to me. Probably as fast as the Hunter too - felt a little slower, but then I hadn't taken it out of my hangar (which gives a speed boost I think).

Speed and stealth are something this has plenty of.

It's great for general use too. People go for jets so often when I'm in a heli against them, that going stealth is useful for that.

Mattoropael

This is a great tool against Oppressors and Deluxos despite the lack of flares and the standard aircraft missile tracking, just OTR-sneak up behind them and spam seekers, preferably while they're flying.

Edited by Mattoropael

Gridl0k

Can you be locked onto in stealth mode? If so, does engaging it break lock?

GhillieMaster

I hope no one minds if I leave this here :D

Smooth Longsack

Can you be locked onto in stealth mode? If so, does engaging it break lock?

Yes. N/A.

AUScowboy

Today I joined my girlfriend in a few Contact Missions, she used her's often & I stupidly wondered where she went quite a few times.

I've gotta admit it's kinda funny the stealth feature/off radar ability works even in co-op game modes, which while pointless it's interesting.

Not pointless actually, as stealth mode also works for enemy NPCs such as cops ect, even police helis.. I have used to lose Buzzards in SR air cargo missions.