2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

MGgames100

Akula Discussion Thread

Smooth Longsack

Akula Matata! This thing is sweet. Takes 3 rpgs or hl to kill it. Sick sh*t.

What does marking a target as a passenger do?

Edited by Smooth Longsack

Commche

Been playing with the Akula for a bit now, and it's kind of "meh". I love the agility and unique stealth feature, but I can't get over how underwhelming it is when rolling solo. The MG's are pointless and all your left with is homing rockets which seem to fire slightly more slowly than the Hunter (or I might just be imagining things) or bombs (which run out at 50). I think if you wanted to move a squad around safely and sneakily, this would be the chopper. Or if you want to troll people by ambushing them. But if you want to wreak havoc, the Hunter is still the King. Especially if you have a gunner.

I'm keeping it for sure, but I don't think I'll have it as a daily driver.

elfoam

Been playing with the Akula for a bit now, and it's kind of "meh". I love the agility and unique stealth feature, but I can't get over how underwhelming it is when rolling solo. The MG's are pointless and all your left with is homing rockets which seem to fire slightly more slowly than the Hunter (or I might just be imagining things) or bombs (which run out at 50). I think if you wanted to move a squad around safely and sneakily, this would be the chopper. Or if you want to troll people by ambushing them. But if you want to wreak havoc, the Hunter is still the King. Especially if you have a gunner.

It is a billion times better than the Hunter solo. It handles decent (the Hunter is fat), you can kill the entire lobby without them even seeing you. It's awesome. When you do get shot down you don't die ! I'm going to buy a second one so I have faster bomb refresh :p

Homing or barrage?

Undecided for now, guess I'll take homing. IDk.

Homing for sure on this one, The barrage is a bit junk plus the ideal way to use it is sneak up on things then BOOOM a few homers up the tailpipe

Edited by elfoam

Commche

It is a billion times better than the Hunter solo. It handles decent (the Hunter is fat), you can kill the entire lobby without them even seeing you. It's awesome. When you do get shot down you don't die ! I'm going to buy a second one so I have faster bomb refresh :p

Homing or barrage?

Undecided for now, guess I'll take homing. IDk.

Homing for sure on this one, The barrage is a bit junk plus the ideal way to use it is sneak up on things then BOOOM a few homers up the tailpipe

The Hunter has countermeasures and allows barrage and homing; I greatly prefer both factors to stealth and quicker turns.

Mattoropael

Is the gunner upgrade from one to two minigun worth it?

I know it sounds like a dumb question, but we had a precedent before with the Tula's stock .50 HMG out-performing both the dual .50 and the minigun.

Commche

The dual miniguns shred sh*t to pieces but you go from 500m of range with one gun to 300m of range with two, which puts you in lock on range for homing rockets. So if depends on if you want to play more defensively or offensively.

Happy Hunter

I'd say it's as good as the Hunter, but in its own way.

If you want to loiter around, really stick around to battle somone (often multiple people) - the Hunter's better at that I think. Too many people, and you'll be seen even off radar. With no countermeasures ... Yeah.

Attacking lone players, small groups - it's extremely effective. They'll often just go passive. You could fight a big group I guess, but it'd have to be in hit and run attacks.

It's also very nice for ghost org spammers. Or if someone gets a jet - then you can just disappear. I feel like a ghost in it.

TheLordMarvel

h7d9noh.jpg

The Trinity

7X9Xs1y.jpg

Texturiser

I'd say it's as good as the Hunter, but in its own way.

If you want to loiter around, really stick around to battle somone (often multiple people) - the Hunter's better at that I think. Too many people, and you'll be seen even off radar. With no countermeasures ... Yeah.

Attacking lone players, small groups - it's extremely effective. They'll often just go passive. You could fight a big group I guess, but it'd have to be in hit and run attacks.

It's also very nice for ghost org spammers. Or if someone gets a jet - then you can just disappear. I feel like a ghost in it.

This is a solid point. Therefore, I strongly believe that it would be worth having BOTH the Akula and the Hunter, rather than going through the pain of comparing and making a decision between them.

Steamy_breezy

Akula fits my gamestyle. Stealth & lethal.

Shabazz916

Anybody got game play of stealth mode ?

Happy Hunter

I don't think it carries over so well into editor videos - the people are so unsuspecting that it makes it look like they're just AFK or something.

Goes to show it creeps around well anyway.

Edited by Happy Hunter

Professional Amateur

I've been messing about with mine quite a lot, the stealth feature is absolutely fantastic for startling other players. I just wish I could use non homing missiles without completely removing the homing missiles.

FCIhxX9.jpg

Edited by Professional Amateur

SHOKKERZ91

This thing is so much fun. :D

Guess i will ditch the race-handling and go with the comfort-handling so i can aim more precisly with the barrage. Anyways, it´s fun to creep up to some dude, pop out of the stealthmode, kill the dude, and f*ck off in stealthmode.

Happy Hunter

This thing is so much fun. :D

Guess i will ditch the race-handling and go with the comfort-handling so i can aim more precisly with the barrage. Anyways, it´s fun to creep up to some dude, pop out of the stealthmode, kill the dude, and f*ck off in stealthmode.

One time I got back in stealth mode so fast, I was literally off the map again before my missile even hit the guy lol. My icon must've just blinked on the map for a second haha.

I can really see why they didn't add the countermeasures to it. It's so easy to creep up on people, so satisfying too.

HonorableMan

What this does is almost inhumane. They don't ever see it coming.

FuturePastNow

I picked the barrage rockets since it doesn't have a cannon, but y'all are making me reconsider that.

dino722

Anybody got game play of stealth mode ?

This machine is incredible, the stealth mode plus spaming homing launcher is op... First thing I did when logged on was buy it and customize it, then off I went to test. Got a sh*t ton pf hate messagges...all of them to what I responded: your fighting a stealth chopper, deal with it!!!

Surprise mutha fuka!!!!!!

The lols and saltines is insane. I personally think it could be a griefing toy

Edited by dino722

novesori

The minigun is broken for me and cant be used from the passenger. Anyone else with this problem?

Maxxi

This thing is disgusting. Barrage missile pods, stealth mode to desired player unseen, deactivate stealth and barrage player, stealth mode and fly away.

Cackling Jack

I just like creeping up on ppl in it. Not to blow them up but give them a little jolt. I'm trying to put it in my hanger and only got a jet, savage and hunter in there. Do I have to move one to put it in? Dumb question I know.

SHADOW OPS

Glad I didn't buy the hunter. This baby is far superior. I bought two. One black stealth and one winter.

Maxxi

Glad I didn't buy the hunter. This baby is far superior. I bought two. One black stealth and one winter.

wait for snow to start dropping. An Ice White one would be badass in the snow

SHADOW OPS

wait for snow to start dropping. An Ice White one would be badass in the snow

Agreed. Hope snow comes a few days early.

WINTER IS COMING.

Rizen

I'm blind as f, can anyone tell me the keybind for stealth mode? xD

Shabazz916

Thing is overrated, ill keep my savage.

Fatsanchez

Yeah me too. I was divided between buying a new attack chopper to replace my Savage and keeping my money for this DLC... End up choosing the latter. Well I've hit the jackpot! Thanks R*!

SHADOW OPS

Yeah me too. I was divided between buying a new attack chopper to replace my Savage and keeping my money for this DLC... End up choosing the latter. Well I've hit the jackpot! Thanks R*!

Now you can sneak up on those savages.

Ninja style

Rizen

Now you can sneak up on those savages.

Ninja style

Which button xDD

Gridl0k

This thing is disgusting. Barrage missile pods, stealth mode to desired player unseen, deactivate stealth and barrage player, stealth mode and fly away.

It's much more fun remaining in stealth mode and using the Moulinex'o'death though :D