2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

MGgames100

Akula Discussion Thread

Emu War

Pretty cool. this heli is a 4 seater so it be cool to take a few friends and do cargo with it. might be a buy for me IF its cheaper then the hunter. I wonder if it cant be locked on since its a stealth chopper. Still broke af tho, cant really assemble a decent crew to get cargo/heists done

Im fairly certain it seats 2.

BLACK DYNAM1TE

Good old Rockstar Logic: We will finally give players the Hunter attack copter 4 years later and a better helicopter 3 weeks after that....

DoxerWhite

Well... better late than never right ? XD

Iroquois

This chopper makes me want to change my gender from male to Apache Helicopter. :inlove:

Cutter De Blanc

I do not like how this helicopter looks

It's just way too sleek for my tastes

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

This looks really cool, but wasn't the Hunter already part Comanche? I would have preferred a more unique design like an AH-1 Cobra, KA-52 or even a gunship variant of the Annihilator. Hopefully it doesn't overshadow the Hunter since as of now it looks more practical with its larger capacity.

Commche

Don't know why people are calling this a hunter killer knowing nothing but a few seconds of footage of it. The chief hunter advantages are its speed, altitude climb, and weapon systems. I haven't seen yet how this chopper does that better. We already have an attack helicopter that can seat 4 people and has a cannon and rockets, and I still think the Hunter is better overall (albeit part of that reason is because the savage can't be upgraded).

Black-Dragon96

Pretty cool. this heli is a 4 seater so it be cool to take a few friends and do cargo with it. might be a buy for me IF its cheaper then the hunter. I wonder if it cant be locked on since its a stealth chopper. Still broke af tho, cant really assemble a decent crew to get cargo/heists done

Nope it indeed has 4 seats. You can see them if you pause the trailer at the right moment.

AUScowboy

There also seem to be elements from the stealth Blackhawk from Operation Neptune Spear..

_47_

I cant wait to find out if this helicopter has off radar stealth. Meaning we cant see it on the map but see it visually. I would so freak out in excitment if this part comes true. Please be stealth!

Fatsanchez

This looks really cool, but wasn't the Hunter already part Comanche? I would have preferred a more unique design like an AH-1 Cobra, KA-52 or even a gunship variant of the Annihilator. Hopefully it doesn't overshadow the Hunter since as of now it looks more practical with its larger capacity.

I think the only Comanche part of the Hunter is the tail.

Anyway the Hunter doesnt retract its landing gear or its weapons and look sexy as hell while doing it, so there's that also.

I hope that it doesnt overshadow the Hunter as well, but I sure hope that it can hold it's own and have its own advantages (like stealth or something).

Edited by Fatsanchez

Happy Hunter

Don't know why people are calling this a hunter killer knowing nothing but a few seconds of footage of it. The chief hunter advantages are its speed, altitude climb, and weapon systems. I haven't seen yet how this chopper does that better. We already have an attack helicopter that can seat 4 people and has a cannon and rockets, and I still think the Hunter is better overall (albeit part of that reason is because the savage can't be upgraded).

This is a stealth helicopter; it's a different thing to the Hunter. I'd be surprised if they didn't give it some stealth features - it's the main selling point of the helicopters it's based on.

If they do give it something like that, then it's fairly safe to say it won't be as armoured and well armed as the Hunter - unless they want it to be really overpowered lol. I don't think it'll be weak; just weaker.

Although, they could release it without stealth features. Then they'd have to do something to make it special, so it'd probably compete with the Hunter on standard heli things just like it (armour, weapons). I don't think that would be a great move to be honest, since you're losing what's meant to make it unique.

All that said, it's a new attack helicopter. Helicopters are helicopters. Helicopters unite.

AUScowboy

It makes sense to use the stealth/OTR mechanic from the UL, but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up. It makes sense, too much sense, therefore it may be subject to R* logic and or general laziness lack of effort. If it's a function that can be monetized, and it can as seen by the Ultralight, then there is at least a fair chance.

Sentinel Driver

The Akula - Transport for up to 4 and comes equipped with a passenger operated .50 cal turret, rear seat thermal and night vision cameras, and a stealth mode to operate off the grid

and...

Teamwork: still essential. Crews can now play and complete Heist missions with 2-4 players. The Doomsday Heist is coming December 12th

YES!!!!!!!!

source

https://twitter.com/rockstargames

So looks like it won't replace the hunter as the alpha helicopter if its only weapon is a passenger operated 50 cal turret....

Edited by Sentinel Driver

TheLordMarvel

Stealth mode??? f*ck yessss

Edited by LordMarvel

MeisterJazz

I like that it can carry for people but im skeptical n the stealth mode still. Not gonna lie though, this thing looks way more badass than the Hunter though.

Edited by MeisterJazz

the_potato

The Akula - Transport for up to 4 and comes equipped with a passenger operated .50 cal turret, rear seat thermal and night vision cameras, and a stealth mode to operate off the grid

and...

Teamwork: still essential. Crews can now play and complete Heist missions with 2-4 players. The Doomsday Heist is coming December 12th

YES!!!!!!!!

source

So looks like it won't replace the hunter as the alpha helicopter if its only weapon is a passenger operated 50 cal turret....

You can see it has rockets and another minigun right next to them.

DQoaWO2W0AI6Lpa.jpg

Edited by the_potato

MeisterJazz

and...

YES!!!!!!!!

source

DQoaWO2W0AI6Lpa.jpg

Damn....4 f*cking mini guns? Mayme this thing will be solo playeble.

Hazzardtohimself

I reckon stealth mode will only function when the underside payload bay is closed, meaning that only​ weapons potentially usable when stealthy are the nose turret and wing-payloads.

In my head that would make sense if the wings held dumb missiles / rockets, but judging by the artwork / screenies that's not the case.

Edited by Hazzardtohimself

Commche

That definitely ups the ante. For a squad this could really be a tyrant in free roam, albeit, depending on how much you have to rely on all 4 people I think this could end up not being used as much. People love playing solo or at best using one other person.

Also curious as to how effective its off radar capability is. It's not a big deal if you can't use weapons while actively off radar, since you still get the element of surprise and benefit of first strike.

Either way, it's different, it's an attack chopper, and I'll probably be getting one.

Gaffa

I'm very hyped for this.

4ward

Buzzard killer?

Shabazz916

Off the radar will be when you not moving

Buzzard killer?

I hope its not super slow.

The Wandering Hunter

and...

YES!!!!!!!!

source

2-4 players?

i hope the heists can be done with just 1 friend but are increadibly difficult.

like not having a gunner for this thing and only having machine guns etc.

Emu War

Nope it indeed has 4 seats. You can see them if you pause the trailer at the right moment.I was incorrect, my bad.

Commche

Also I hope this chopper doesn't have any blinking lights like other choppers. With a dark blue or matte black paint scheme it could blend in really well at night time.

Black-Dragon96

Well looks like this baby is going to be my crews main transport. 1 for a ceo org, 2 for a full biker club.

_47_

Stealth mode!!! Woohoo!! Thats what Im talking about! So exciting to see that twitter post.

SHOKKERZ91

and...

YES!!!!!!!!

source

DQoaWO2W0AI6Lpa.jpg

Holy sheet this thing gets even more sexy. Lord have mercy and don´t hide it behind some fking dripfeed.

irish.chr

Holy sheet this thing gets even more sexy. Lord have mercy and don´t hide it behind some fking dripfeed.

Last time they posted images on twitter, the things in them weren't drip fed. So this is almost guaranteed to be here on Tuesday.